Our last visit to this resort in 2005 wa...

Reviewed Fri 4th of November 2005

"Our last visit to this resort in 2005 was the third visit in five years, and on every occasion we have enjoyed our stay.

My family consists of my wife and I and our two daughters now aged 11 and 13.
The apartments are arranged all around the main hotel block, in four sections north, south, east and west, avoid the north and west sections and always ask for a balcony and sea view, in our experience they will try to accommodate you and the views are stunning.

During the day there is the chance to try your hand at different sports, including pistol shooting, rifle shooting, archery, table tennis, beach football, volleyball, and a whole range of pool activities all absolutely free.
The apartment and the facilities are clean and kept in good order, but are starting to show signs of wear and tear.

Brits are very few and far between at this resort, with a wide variety of nationalities represented, including Germans and their sunbed hogging habits.
Cala Mandia is very quiet, with just a few shops and restaurants close by, we tended to drive out to nearby resorts on occasions for a better choice of somewhere to eat.
The Punta Reina is now an all inclusive hotel, and although you can still use the restaurants, the menu is quite ordinary and the prices are steepish.

There are some good sandy beaches nearby but be aware the closest one has a lot of steep steps to get to it, and the other is a good 20 minuets walk away.
All in all we would recommend the resort for those who like a quieter holiday, perhaps those with young children as the children’s clubs are good.

• Travel date: Fri 4th of November 2005

Our last visit to this resort in 2005 wa...

Reviewed Thu 3rd of November 2005

My family consists of my wife and I and our two daughters now aged 11 and 13.

The Punta Reina is now an all inclusive hotel, and although you can still use the restaurants, the menu is quite bland and the prices are steepish.

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of November 2005

Don't waste your money here!

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"I booked this place through a German travel agency, TUI, and was told it was a four star hotel. It's not. We had a terrifying bus transfer from the airport to the hotel, in total darkness, middle of the night, pouring down rain, with a crazed-seemingly-suicidal-driver. Once we finally got there, our room smelled awful, there were no "extras" (washcloths, tiny bottles of shampoo, etc.). There was hair on the pillows/between the sheets, I have the dated pictures to prove it! The housekeeping never replaced the glasses in the bathroom, the whole time we were there. The inside handle on the bathroom door was just barely hanging on, the door had to be FORCED to close all the way, the patio light didn't work and they don't have remote controls for the room tv! Just to name a few of the things, off the top of my head...
The buffet is left out all night, from 10pm to 7am. You're free to go in there and grab a snack, if you don't mind all the bugs flying around the food, or if your nose doesn't work and you can't smell the horrible stench of all the other half-eaten food on all the dirty dishes that are left out all night, littering every table in there...
The beach is tiny and a good little "walk" away from the hotel...
Honestly, I've stayed in MUCH nicer youth hostels around the world. This place sucks. I would NOT recommend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of October 2005

The rooms were extremely clean and atten...

Reviewed Tue 31st of May 2005

"The rooms were extremely clean and attended by maids daily.

The hotel had two pools and was 5 minutes walk from two glorious beaches. I can’t comment on the food cause we ate out all the time and one of the restaurants on the beach was the best in town.

The staff are friendly even although some do not speak any English. You would be best hiring a car for a few days as the bus can restrict you a little. My only complaint would be with the tour operator as they were a little slack. Fantastic holiday and great for the kids as there was a kids club with activities daily.

There was also plenty to do if you wanted to stay on site with a schedule up in the club house with such things as archery and aerobics."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2005