We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Blau Punta Reina Resort

C/ S'Algar s/n, 07689 Cala Mandia, Majorca Spain

Fantastic

Good

"Have recently returned from a 7 night stay from this brilliant hotel. could not really fault it overall. myself, husband and 13yr old son stayed here on an all inclusive basis, we have had many all inclusive hols but found the choice here of food and drink to be well above average.
our room although not overlooking the sea was very quite clean and comfortable. we had a view over the surrounding countryside and was very happy although we found it too hot to sit out on the balcony whilst the sun was still up.
although there are not many english families here we did not find it to be mainly germans there were also lots of french and spanish. the evening entertainment was brilliant, to us it catered far more for english speaking than any other country, but did find that when the compare spoke it did get tiresome having to listen to him repeat in about 5 languages. You did need to get there by 9 to get a seat in main area. loved the fact it was waiter service meant you could just sit back and relax all evening. during the day there are activities to join in with but only if you want to, there is no one hasseling to get you to join in if you just want to sit back and watch or relax.
the pools were lovely, never had a problem getting a sun bed. would have liked a towel service for the pool but really this wasn't a problem, would have liked to have seen the sunbeds washed down now and again, (dont think they were cleaned at all while we were there). found the local area to be excellent, we had hired a car while we were there and looked around the local area, porto cristo is a pretty little harbour with amazing motor yachts of the rich and famous i presume. further out we found it to be much more built up and were really pleased with the hotel and area we had chosen.
we would and probably will return to this hotel again. all in all we had a truely relaxing holiday and i felt thoroughly spoilt"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of August 2008

Excellent Hotel within walking distance of excellent beach

"Just got back from Blau Punta Reina Resort. Booked last minute through teletextholidays.com. We thought the hotel was top class. We were on half board although many guests were fully inclusive. With a large buffet breakfast and large buffet dinner we were more than happy with the half board choice. However, you get no drinks included and it could prove expensive if you like to drink plenty on holiday (about £2.00 for a small bottle of local beer, £1.50 for a coke). All inclusive you get all drinks included, all day and night and of course lunch time food. We liked the gym at the hotel, it had a good range of well maintained equipment, a dance studio and spinning studio. We did a power gym and spinning classes which were good. From the hotel there are two picturesque sheltered cove beaches within short walking distance, with loungers and parasols for hire. The hotel has two large swimming pools with plenty of loungers, although the customary dash to get the towels on first for the best choice still seemed to apply. The hotel is very family friendly with a kids club and activities. We found a good mixture of couples and families with children although it is definitely not a young lively party all night hotel. In the area are a few other similar hotels, a few café bars and small supermarkets, but no discos or large shops. The evening entertainment was good with live bands or other stage entertainment, (but no kids disco, thankfully!) The rooms were clean and had a separate living and bedroom. The room had a TV with sky and BBC world news channels and a small kitchenette that included a fridge. Both rooms had air con which was efficient and quiet. The only small down side was that (this year) the hotel was not on the English tour operators schedule so had very few English people staying. It was a mixture of about 50% Spanish and 50% from other European countries. This was reflected in the food choice so don't expect a large English culinary choice. For us this was a real bonus, providing some excellent Spanish and continental dishes to choose from. The hotel has a large buffet restaurant, a Spanish only restaurant and a pizza bar. If you are an internet lover, there is a free wi-fi area and for those without laptops, there are a few computers which you can feed in Euros to use. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend it, especially to families or couples not wanting too lively a time."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of August 2008

Little gem for families

"Not available through tour operators in UK but that's half the joy! Great resort for kids and families, great pools and fantastic location to beach (Cala Romantica - but ironically not the resort for a romatic break). Kids clubs were great and our 3 boys were there every morning, so we actually got a break to !
Food was perfectly acceptable buffet type - not haute cuisine but the kids loved the choices! A lovely resort, nice people, friendly staff and clean accomodation. Block s was great, overlooking ocean! Definately will return! If you go - have fun!"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of August 2008

a great hotel for active people that want lots to do and quality.

Good

"just returned from a 12 day stay on all inclusive basis at the blau punta reina,what a great time we have had,when we arrived our room wasnt ready for a couple of hours and the reception staff do not speak great english,however are extemly polite and will locate another member of staff to translate.
this hotel is full of germans-probably 80%,we had no issues with that ,the hotel only had a small percentage of english-if you dont like germans then dont book here.
as long as you are up before 8am you will get a sunbed,however the 2 pools are very busy-as we expected in mid august peak times.
the leisure activities within the complex(village as i liked to call it-the place is huge) are great,the childrens clubs and staff are so enthusiastic and do speak far better english than the reception staff.
our apartment was very modern,towels cleaned every day plus new linen.

if you stay here i would recommed requesting a sea veiw so you are not around the entertainment sqaure.

we stayed all incusive,the choice is vast,meats and fish dishes ,paella,grill bars down to buger and chips,breakfast the choices were amazing and if you were peckish there is a pizza,pasts restuant and a cafeteria serving,chicken,burgers,salads,fruit,icecream-no one will go hungry here,my son is 10,and though we did not need this service i thought it was excellent-if you are all inclusive you can order takeaway food to take back to your accomoation-excellent for tierd children who want to chill out for the odd night,all drinks are named brands-ie gordons gin,jack daniels,wine great.

the hotel is situated in between to very shallow beach coves,one with water sports and a regular glass bottomed boat that you can pick up to do a day out-porto cristo is only 15 minutes for the caves of drach-reccommended.

The shows each evening are varied from bands to acrobats to superstar nights-each evening at 9.45pm,and at 8.30 for the little ones a disco.

on site there ia now a new resturant that serves tapas-you have to book at reception the day before-worth it if you like seafood dont go if you dont.

this hotel and area was perfect for us as we like to have a day by the pool then a beach day,maybe a boat trip-the hotel facilites are vast so we were able to keep our son occupied -no boredom here,1 tip take your tennis raquets with you as hiring is quite expensive.

finaly there is a hobby club where children and parents can go to design there own t-shirts or bags-great idea for an hour or so out of the heat -and fun,right opposite is a quality childrens play area-catered for different ages and sectioned of correctly-my son loved the zip wire."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of August 2008

Highly Recommended

"Stayed for one week Self Catering 2 Adults 2 Kids, had to book the flight and hotel via independent website as major UK tour operators don't use this hotel.

Rooms cleaned every day to a high standard , spacious bedroom , living room a bit cramped but fixtures and decor throughout the apartment are modern and of a good quality.

The Hotel complex is large but well set out , on-site facilities are excellent and varied . The evening shows are pretty good but getting a seat/table means arriving early.

The two pools are busy with most sunbeds reserved pre 9am (by the large numbers of German guests). There are very few British tourists which sad to say is a good thing . The staff are friendly and helpful most speak English . Only had two meals in the hotel both were ok .

The location of the Hotel complex is excellent situated between two lovely beaches, there are a number of good restaurants a supermarket and a play area for children located 5-10 minutes away.

Highly recommend this hotel , will definitely return probably for two weeks next summer."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of August 2008

What fantastic value!

"What unexpected value for money! Great resort if you have children. The last place I would want to be on a couples holiday! I was travelling with my 2 daughters age 15 and 2, and my 15 year old's best friend! The apartment was small, but clean and quite well furnished. If you can request an apartment, ask for block W, it's the one overlooking the stunningingly beautiful bay!
I was totally surprised by what was actually included in the All Inclusive. All the childrens ice creams and slush puppies all day long . Wine with dinner (which was good!). And even the cocktails were made with branded drinks, like Gordons Gin. Very unexpected!
I would definitely take the children there again. All 3 loved every minute even with their different ages, and the entertainments team were brilliant.
Excellent location, excellent resort. Some of the staff could be a bit stroppy, but apart from the restaurant being like a chimps tea party (again, do NOT go here on a couples holiday!) it was a really fantastic week."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of July 2008

Disappointed

"The location was nice and the beach was lovely but this is a hotel for kids, I wouldn't advised it for couples. The accomodation was a little dated. My main disappointment was the beds. I stayed in a self-catering apartment and the bed was two hard sofas pushed together. On all sides there was a wooden frame which meant it wasn't easy getting out of bed in the morning and as I'm tall my legs and feet kept hitting the sides. I've been to a 3 star hotel before and stayed in an actual bed so this did dampen the holiday spirit a little."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of September 2007

Nice Hotel, Not enough English people.

Good

"Just got back from the Punta Reina near Porto Cristo. Booked through the Cosmos brochure a few weeks ago. Went with family (wife plus 2 young kids) for a week.

Good Points
Went all inclusive, meals very tasty (and hot) complete with chefs grilling fish, burgers and steaks at lunches and dinners.
The rooms were basic, though we were grateful we had a ground floor as youngest is three years old and climbs.
Two decent sized adult pools and two childrens pools, not too cold...very refreshing.
Weather was superb, brilliant sunshine everyday.

Bad Points
If you want a sunbed near the pool you need to get up early to beat the germans and place a towel on your sunbed.(6-7am).
No chance after this time for the rest of the day.
Entertainment - Every evening there is an on site show, complete with outdoor stage and seating. Not really suitable for my two young boys who found themselves bored within minutes, also entertainment spoken in German and Spanish.
No kids disco, this was disappointing as the lads are at the age where they like to sing and dance with other children.
Too many Germans, as the lady in the last post stated, over 95% german site, therefore everything is catered for them. We were informed that there were only eighty English people from over two thousand on site.
The site is in the resort of Cala Mandia, which is extremely quiet, with a few restaurants and bars here and there. Three nice beaches each seperated by coves.
I would check out other Blau hotels, but investigate review sites like this one first in future before booking."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of August 2007

Great hotel & location.....too many germans

Good

"This is a lovely hotel....it says it is 3 star but I reckon it exceeds this. We took our two children under 4 years with us and they LOVED it. Lots of pools, beach nearby (although quite a few bumpy steps down) and fantastic childrens clubs and entertainment.
We went all inclusive which proved a great deals.....loads of choice and for the kids too.
Our only thing that was negative was it is occupied by 96% German and 4% other nationalities. It was rare to hear another English voice.
If you speak Spanish or German this wouldn't be an issue.....we don't!!
Having said this we all had a ball and certainly would return to one of the Blau hotels & Resorts."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of July 2007

Don't waste your money here!

"I booked this place through a German travel agency, TUI, and was told it was a four star hotel. It's not. We had a terrifying bus transfer from the airport to the hotel, in total darkness, middle of the night, pouring down rain, with a crazed-seemingly-suicidal-driver. Once we finally got there, our room smelled awful, there were no "extras" (washcloths, tiny bottles of shampoo, etc.). There was hair on the pillows/between the sheets, I have the dated pictures to prove it! The housekeeping never replaced the glasses in the bathroom, the whole time we were there. The inside handle on the bathroom door was just barely hanging on, the door had to be FORCED to close all the way, the patio light didn't work and they don't have remote controls for the room tv! Just to name a few of the things, off the top of my head...
The buffet is left out all night, from 10pm to 7am. You're free to go in there and grab a snack, if you don't mind all the bugs flying around the food, or if your nose doesn't work and you can't smell the horrible stench of all the other half-eaten food on all the dirty dishes that are left out all night, littering every table in there...
The beach is tiny and a good little "walk" away from the hotel...
Honestly, I've stayed in MUCH nicer youth hostels around the world. This place sucks. I would NOT recommend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of October 2005

I returned yesterday from this resort. I...

Good

"I returned yesterday from this resort. I had taken my teenage daughter to celebrate the end of her GCSE's. She had brought her best friend, and I also had my 2 year old daughter with us.
What a fantastic resort for people with children, and what amazing value for what I paid.
DO NOT visit this resort if you don't have young children, you will hate every minute! The restaurant was a bit of a chimps tea party, but apart from that I had no complaints whatsoever.
The children could have Slush Puppy and icecreams all day long, all on the all inclusive system. I could have branded drinks - Gordons Gin, etc - on the all inclusive. Even the wine served with dinner was good, and it was included!
I was really surprised at how much was actually included in an All Inclusive holiday at this price.
When we arrived in Majorca we went to find a taxi, and told them it was Cala Mandia, but this could not be found in the Sat Nav, but was the only address I had. The taxi drivers know Porto Cristo, but not Cala Mandia. It therefore cost me 85 euros to get there, but because the return journey was to a known destination (the airport!) it was 67 euros. I think we got lost a couple of times on the way there.
We only went to one of the local beaches, and the weather wasn't great that day. but the small bay and beach are stunningly beautiful. The walk down wasn't particularly easy, it was a rocky path and I had no chance of getting the pram down there. But it was worth the trek!
The staff do all speak better German than English, but everyone managed to understand us, and yes, we did manage to get a sunbed every day without getting up at 7am!
Overall, we've just had a fantastic week away and would definitely recommend this resort to those with children. The Entertainments Team were brilliant, too.

• Travel date: Sun 29th of June 2008

We were a bit worried about staying in t...

"We were a bit worried about staying in this hotel after reading reviews by English visitors, who complained that the walk to the back was too long, and that no one spoke English.

We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the resort. The accommodation was simple but very comfortable. the views from the resort and the apartment were fantastic, we could look at the coves, and watch boats sailing on the sea. The walk down to the beach may be difficult for wheelchairs or pushchairs, but there are plenty of beaches close by which are easier to get to.

The swimming pools at the resort were cold but immaculately clean. Glad we went self catering, as there was a lovely little restaurant round the corner called the Romantica, which served fabulous food at around 6euros per person for main course, drink and side order! Fantastic resort! "

• Travel date: Sat 7th of January 2006

Hotels near Blau Punta Reina Resort

Stayed at Blau Punta Reina Resort? Share your insight.

Blau Punta Reina Resort is also called