TUI FAMILY LIFE Alcudia Pins

C/ Canyes s/n, 07458 Playa de Muro, Majorca Spain

mixed feelings

Good

"Good beachside location - this was the first time in years I had swam in the sea, and swimming pool very ggod although maybe a bit small for peak season, and no "deep end" as such. However, is in middle of nowhere and towns are bus ride away, and be aware that buses very busy - bus to Alcudia took 40 moins and we were crammed in, driver annoiuncing he could take 105 people (single deck!).
Wester water park is on other side of island as is the Pirates show (brilliant).
Food in self service restaraunt was OK and nothing spectacular, and had to queue a lot - I was particularly annoyed by people juming in "just to get something", or children strugling to get their own food, particularly ice cream. The location of toasters in the morning could be beter as it creates log jam.
Entertainment was good and was as we expected.
Was not aware of any problems with "teeny tipplers" the only problem we had with noise was the guests in our next room for the last couple of nights playing loud music from 7pm to midnight. I reported this on checking out and the receptionist gave me a form and said I had to call security! I explained I was about to leave and was complaining to ensure that guests in my room (top floor H block) were not similarly disturbed, but I am not sure I was understood.
I was not previously aware of the problems from 2003, and would say that the hotel has cleaned up its act. The Hotel Manager certainly seemed to be high profile."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of July 2004

Had a Great Holiday- returned on 24 June 2004

Good

"My husband and I decided we would like to go away for our 10th wedding anniversary and that it would be nice to go back to Majorca because that's where we went for our honeymoon.

I booked the holiday fairly last minute and got a really good deal, however was extremely worried after booking by the comments and reviews that I found in the internet. We need not have worried ... we had a great time.

The food was varied which was really good for me because I do not eat meat or fish and there was always plenty of vegetarian options and salad. My one critism would be that it seemed to be chips every night with evening meal and some variety here would have been nice. Breakfasts were also plentiful with a choice of continental, cooked and/or cereals. Really food wise, there was usually something for everybody and no need to go hungry. We were on the late sitting which did seem to be a lot less chaotic than the earlier one, on our last night at the hotel we did change to the earlier sitting due to our flight times and it was a bit manic due to the number of children on this sitting.

Our room was perfectly adequate and we had a really nice sea view from a good size balacony. It was cleaned every other day with fresh linens provided etc. We were lucky because we could not hear any of the noise from the pool side and I have to admit I was really relieved when we got there to find we did not have a room overlooking the pool area.

My two main critiscm would be:

1. The number of people getting up at the crack of dawn to reserve sumbeds and then not using them all day. This really did annoy us and we both felt that airtours should have done more prevent this. The other thing that really annoyed and made me ashamed to be British was the amount of rubbish left round the pool at the end of every day. I cannot believe that people are that lazy and untidy at home so why do it on holiday, there were plenty of bins around and if people can't be bothered to walk to one of these then I don't see why they couldn't take it back with them to to their rooms and dispose of it there. It really was a mess and we felt very sorry for the hotel staff who had to clean it up at the end of every day knowing full well it would be a mess the next day. Totally thoughtless and selfish ....

2. My second critiscm would be the resort itself, there really is nothing much to do in the evenings. By the time you have walked around the half dozen shops and 2 arcades two nights on the trott it is rather boring. The entertainment at the hotel is ok and the reps do earn their money but its not really aimed at adults but more for families.

Staff work really hard to keep the hotel clean and presentable and we found all staff that we had dealings with to be very pleasant and helpful.

I would strongly recommend you hiring a car, we hired one for the week we were there and it was great to be able to take off around the island sight seeing and also to be able to visit the near by livlier resorts in the evenings.

All that said we did enjoy our holiday there and would consider going back again in the future."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of June 2004

great holiday

Good

"have been back a week and already wishing we were there again.hotel is excellent.could not get any closer to the beach if you tried,great with children.sunbeds are a problem to get hold of but the beach is far better and the sea is warmer than the pool.went h/b this time.resturant and food were excellent.a bit confusing first night until you find your feet but great choice.staff very friendly and helpful.the only minus point is the evening entertainment.this is very poor,they only cater for childrens age,would be nice to do something different later in the evening for us oldes.would recommend this hotel for families,this is our second visit here for the second year running.will be back again,you can count on it."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of June 2004

Definitely best suited to young families

"Booked late teletext deal on half board:away with my mother without my teenagers and husband. Apartment overlooking pool was indeed very noisy all times of the day, although the outlook was lovely and the balcony was large. Looked out at 6.30 am one morning to see virtually all sunbeds reserved. One family even had union jack towels with "Reserved" emblazoned over them!! Extremely irritating to find so many serial early risers never returned to use their reserved beds -presumably they went back to bed tired at setting their alarms so early so they just slept all day?! Suppose 'if you cant beat them then join them' came into it for many genuine sunbathers. Found it hilarious when the reps removed many unused towels and bundled them together; however perhaps they should have done this repeatedly until it sunk in! The hotel cleaners did an excellent job (despite having to clear up the litter left behind by lazy sunbathers around the pool who would not clean up after themselves!) Having said that, the beach was fantastic - the place to be. The bus service was excellent and cheap. Meals were just as you would expect when catering for the masses. Second sitting was undoubtedly less chaotic. Definitely one for young families who like the Billy Butlin type of thing. Pleasant enough, though as a base, especially for the money we paid."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of June 2004

Had a great family time

Good

"Seven of us (5 adults and 2 young children) returned from our week's holiday at the Alcudia Pins on 22nd June after having thoroughly enjoyed it. We stayed on a half board basis and were on the second of two sittings for our evening meal. Yes there were queues but we found this seemed to be mainly for the earlier sitting and we never had to wait more than a minute or two for our dinner. No problems either with breakfast and we found that the restaurant served a varied menu (most of which was enjoyable). The staff at the restaurant were top quality and were always willing to help and share a little joke. In fact the staff throughout the resort were very nice and really added to the enjoyment of the holiday. The pool in the resort was nice and clean and the water tested regularly. As previously mentioned by other reviewers the "reserving" of sunbeds around the pool was extremely annoying. We knew of a couple of parties of holidaymakers who would put their towels on the sunbeds around the pool at 6.00 - 7.00am and then spend 5 to 6 hours on the beach before returning to their reserved beds by the pool. Airtours did warn holidaymakers that they would take action by removing beach towels from unused sun beds (which they did but only for 1 morning) which was useless because people just carried on. You have been warned. Obviously though my moan here is at Airtours and not the Alcudia Pins. Evening entertainment was the usual activities associated with a more livelier resort (disco, live music, party games etc) and not for people wanting a quiet evening. The resort as a whole was nice and clean. Rooms cleaned every other day and satisfactory. Easy access to buses and taxis. Definately more a resort for families. All in all we had a great time. PS!! To the last reviewer. Cartoon heroes definately. Cannot think though of what the other song may have been!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of June 2004

Had a great time!!!

"Myself and my 3 children have just returned from Alcudia Pins, we had excellent time, no probs with food we were half board, shop was quite pricey and the sunbeds are a bit of a problem, you have to get up at 6.30 and place your towels on the beds to ensure you have somewhere to sit for the day, evening entertainment is quite noisy, our apartment faced the pool (so was quite loud) does anyone know the names of the 2 songs that the reps played of an evening? 1 was i think Cartoon Heros but the other is a kind of reggae song (my daughter is driving me mad humming it) it has mumba somewhere in the chorus (would be really grateful if anyone could help us out)"

• Travel date: Sat 19th of June 2004

butlins in the sun

"The Alcudia Pins Hotel was clean and well equipped. However, if you are looking for a quiet holiday with a bit of culture don't bother going here. If however, you enjoy your 'entertainment' such as karaoke, nightly shows, water polo for the kids etc., then this is the hotel for you. Kids, especially are very well catered for here.
We were a bit wary of going in view of the incident which occurred at this hotel last year. However, the pool was cleaned and the water tested at least daily. In fact, they were probably more meticulous about cleanliness etc. as a result of last years incident.
The pool area gets very crowded and people are crammed on the sunbeds like sardines in a tin!! On the day that we left the hotel with a 7am pick up, I actually saw quite a few people putting towels on their sunbeds at 6am in the morning so, set your alarm clocks early!
We probably won't go again, not because of the standard of hotel but because of personal preference about the type of holiday we wanted."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of June 2004

A little isolated

"It was our first visit to Alcudia Pins, but our second to Alcudia, so even though we recognised immediately that facilities surrounding the site were lacking, we knew enough to about the surrounding area to be able tro find what we were looking for. The Airtours staff were great for daytime activities, but were alittle too coarse and saucy with their evening entertaiment, reminding me of British holiday camps of the nineteen seventies. The hotal facilities offered choice, though we were glad we hadn't booked half board as the restaurant opened its doors twice each evening. At 6.00pm for early diners and those with children, and then again at 8.00pm for the final sitting. The queue for either sitting would reach all the way back from the doors to main reception. We always pitied everyone waiting in line as we waltzed past on the way to the local bars."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of June 2004

Everythhing fine at Alcudia Pins

Good

"Stayed at Alcudia Pins week begining 1th May. having read the reports was worried never having stayed at a self catering complex previously. we were on full board. the apartment was clean and well prsented, yes there was a little fluff under the beds but that was my only criticism, cleaned etc every other day as per the info given out and bins emptied each day. corridors, lifts and outdoor areas continually being cleaned by what appeared to be an army of cleaners. there appeared to be lots of activities to join in if you wished for both adults and children. I agree that the outdoor evening entertainment was a nuisance as the soundtrack was broadcast to the entire complex otherwise the evenings were quiet. It would not have had too much to do for for teenagers or young adults but then Alcudia is sold as a family resort. Buses and taxis excellent, lots of info available re timetables there was an a la carte restaurant on site , also a burger bar and pizzeria also many local bars, cafes restaurants and other hotel's facilities. It was a case of choose what type of thing you fancied should you not wish to eat in the buffet restaurant where those on HB or Fb ate. Food was of the mass international hotel catering variety, there was a wide choice and it would have been difficult even for a fussy eater not to have found a meal. Each night at dinner ther was a grill chef choice cooked as you waited. Like any mass catering facility you had to be selective at what time you went in if you did not wish to queue. it was a reasonable quality for the price being paid. we found the staff although very busy polite and helpful and always with a smile or attention for the children. certainly the people we saw going up for 2 and 3 helpings of food seemed to have no problems all in all Alcudia Pins was a very reasonable middle of the road establishment and we certainly enjoyed our time there."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of June 2004

Never Ever Again!!!

"I stayed at Alcudia Pins with my son. I can clearly say this is the worst holiday I have ever had. Not only was it extremely unclean. We had no water for 2 days. No apology and no compensation for not being able to wash. The food service is diabolical. There are 2 sittings where everyone queues up then once inside its like a stampede.............I had read the reports before I went but I can honestly say if I ever read bad reports on holidaytruth again for my next hoiday then I will definately cancel it. On a positive note the Airtours childrens reps were super.I would never ever return to this hotel nor recommend it. It should clearly be rated a 2*."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of June 2004

Fantastic Holiday

"We've just returned from a fantastic week at Alcudia Pins.

The room was clean and towels changed regularly, room cleaned twice in the week, we were all inclusive but room had small kitchen area with kettle, toaster etc..

Our room was at the back not a great view but was quiet so fine for us.

Pool areas were kept clean and tidy, the pools were freezing (we did go in October)so we spent most of our time on the beach which was a stones throw away from hotel, we hired sun beds if there all day which was 11 euros for 2. The beach was clean and the sea was beautiful.

There were 2 buffet style restaurants and 2 which were chargeable. There was always plenty of choice at each mealtime, breakfast - cereal, porridge, toast, fruit, pastries, full English, breads and cold meats, cheese, freshly made omelettes. Lunch - salad bar, breads, burgers, hotdogs, chips, pasta and various other dishes which changed daily paella, pizza,. Dinner again loads to choose from and changed daily.

We had 1 meal included at the Taverna which is one of the chargeable restaurants, you get a set tapas menu which was really nice.

The staff were lovely and helpful, we hired a pushchair which was 25 euros for the week and also did late checkout which was 10 euros for an extra 2 hours.

There was entertainment for kids our 3 year old wasn't to interested but always looked like fun.

The hotel itself was a short walk from a few shops and bars, you can walk (about 25 minutes ) to a busier are or you can catch a bus or taxi to Alcudia old town. There's a great market in Alcudia on a Tuesday or Sunday, we took a taxi which was approx 12 euros each way.

Overall we had a great time and thoroughly recommend Alcudia Pins. We did go out of season though.

• Travel date: Tue 18th of October 2016

Lovely hotel just ruined by tour operator

Good

"The hotel itself was brilliant until the last day our holiday was ruined by Thomson. Unfortunately this is a Thomson resort so will not be going back as will never travel with Thomson again. we loved the hotel, the food and all the staff. The Children’s entertainer Johnny Rocks was brilliant with the children. The Entertainment carried out by the Thomson Reps was far more entertaining than the entertainment brought in. The Hotel Staff were incredible; they couldn’t do enough for you. Elaina in the Green and Grill was brilliant with the children our 2 year old adored her. I would recommend this hotel to our friends and family if it wasn't a Thomson hotel.
The reason our holiday was ruined was 2 days before we were due to come home we were advised by a slip through our door in the evening that we were no longer being picked up at approx 14:00 but 06:50 and to attend a meeting the following day at 16:30 to find out more information. I went straight to the Thomson help desk to find out if this was a mistake, and to find out why we were being collected 10 hours prior to our flight.
We were advised there was a road closure and there was nothing else they could do apart from take us to another hotel, where we would be met by a rep and given more information and to arrange for us to have all Inclusive at the hotel which is what we had paid for at our hotel. We were also advised this happens the same weekend every year, twice a year for an Iron Man Event, which is an event run by Thomas Cook all over Europe so not just a local event.. So I feel very mislead for paying the extra £242 for convenient flight times.
As advised above we were promised a Thomson representative would be at the Belvedere 3* Hotel once we arrived. However we arrived at 08:45 after a 2 hour coach trip and didn’t see a Thomson representative at the hotel until 11:05. When we arrived at the hotel the hotel manager greeted us with Green bands and advised this was for Lunch only, so we were unable to get drinks for the children unless we paid for them. I was so distraught as we had saved so hard for our first family holiday abroad with the children and didn’t take much spending money as being All Inclusive.
So if you do book this hotel with Thomson just check if you are traveling on a Saturday around 26th September as could cause many issues."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of November 2015

Hotels near TUI FAMILY LIFE Alcudia Pins

Stayed at TUI FAMILY LIFE Alcudia Pins? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for TUI FAMILY LIFE Alcudia Pins

• cortnay sx by cortnay sx

"lovely place and good for kids "

• cortnay sx by cortnay sx

"chinese restraunt in centre of alcudia "

• sansha by sansha

"We really like it and visit every year. "

• stephie by stephie

"I recommend everyone to visit port alcudia its really nice with a lovley beach. "

• stephie by stephie

"there is an english chip shop nearby if you miss your chips and gravy "

• rlouisa by rlouisa

"take your walking shoes "

• paceman by paceman

"Viva Bahia great food and entertainment. "

• The Browns by The Browns

"Took trip to Marineland at Palma to see Dolphin Show. Worth every penny. "

• Francis Family by Francis Family

"If you want a relaxing holiday lounging by the pool with great food go here.. "

• Francis Family by Francis Family

"buffet style resaurant, beach and pool the best! "

• woods by woods

"ignore the bad reviews if you have children try it . Its our favourite place to go on holiday "

• eric123 by eric123

"Ask for a sea view room, it's worth the extra "

• bob 12345 by bob 12345

"just watch the kids around the pool but the place is great. "

• Kirsteve by Kirsteve

"Use the beach which is directly off sun lounge area. "

TUI FAMILY LIFE Alcudia Pins is also called