About Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel

• catalan amenities
  • adult pool

Fantastic!

Reviewed Mon 27th of June 2011

"I was in Las Gaviotas -suites hotel last two weeks with my family. It was great! Food was veery good, there were almost everything you need! The chef cooked delicious pancakes in the morning! Everybody was so friendly too!
I really enjoyed the pool and the sun was shining to the pool area. Our hotel room was clean and without any problems. The veranda was huge and it was in front of another pool. It was very nice to sit on the veranda at nights and listen to the music, what came from somewhere.
The beach was very close of our hotel! And like everybody knows, the beach is fantastic! And when you go out, you see lot of small shops, and there are lot of beautiful spanish clothes! And if you want to go to have a lunch - No problem! Next to the hotel, are many of restaurants. The Burger King was veery close of the hotel.
At nights it's lively and the afrikaans are selling some stuff (like sunglasses, belts etc.).
We rented a car and it was about 30 € / 1 day. There were lot of "rent a car" - shops! So i really recommend to rent a car, if you want to go to see attractions by yourself.

So i really enjoied this hotel and the whole area and i reeeally reccomed this hotel!

Greetings from Finland,
- Emilia"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of June 2011

Wished you were there

Reviewed Wed 27th of October 2010

"I recently came back from holiday in Alcudia Majorca.We spent a week in Las Gaviotas Hotel, Playa De Muro. The Hotel was superb absolutely recently modernised and spotlessly clean.
The food was very good and menu varied and delicious. plenty of choice for everyone. There was a healthy option available every night and the chef Paco is very inventive and creative. We also met a lovely in restaurant chef who is cooking in front of house so u can see what you eat, which is fresh and cooked in front of you. This chef was called kassem. Kassem was polite skillfull and very good.Served everyone with a big smile and coutesy plus the food was delicious and cooked to preference and perfection.

I am very choosy where i stay and thomson travel suggestedthis place. I was very grateful to becky for suggesting it and would definitely go back. I have already recommebnded it to friends who will definitely go.

Souad Toft "

• Travel date: Thu 21st of October 2010

Hotel is ultra modern, pristine and beau...

Reviewed Wed 24th of September 2008

"Hotel is ultra modern, pristine and beautifully clean. Pools and poolside were clean and spacious. Staff are so helpful and friendly and work extremely hard in the heat of high August. We did spend most of our time around the pool - there are 2 pools - one very large, one smaller but even in August - plenty of room to swim. Rooms are spacious, very clean and very modern and comfortable. Twin beds pushed together in the bedroom with a lovely leather sofa which opens into a very comfortable double sofa bed in the lounge area. Patio doors lead onto the balcony from the lounge area and the bedroom. Hanging space in the wardrobe is limited if there are 4 of you - take extra hangers if you need to hang more than 10 items or so. There are no tea / coffee making facilities in the rooms, however it was so hot, we really didn't miss our hot drinks. There is a small fridge big enough for a few drinks and sandwich supplies! No iron in the rooms - so take one if you need one. Tap water has an odd taste - bottled water available from the Spar supermarket next to the hotel. Air con - fairly weak in our lounge area - other rooms may be different, bedroom area was excellent though. There is no kids club and just occasional evening entertainment which was a brass band one night and a guy on a piano another night.
Food - we did half board - food is absolutely amazing - the bext I have ever had with so much choice - buffet style in the restaurant. However, the food is very much 4 star style and was not always to the taste of my two fussy children - 15 and 10. Most days they catered plain food for kids, but there were some evenings when the food was just too rich and fussy for them. However, there is always stacks of bread, rolls, fresh fruit, salads and several choices of deserts - so they didn't go hungry!!
Used Resorthoppa for transfers - great price, waited about 30 mins for others before leaving Palma airport on arrival - transfer around 1 hour 30 mins depending on number of drops. Picked up bang on time on return and only an hour to the airport this time as last pick up.
The resort itself is fine for families, wouldn't recommend it for young singles looking to party - everything closes at 11pm - 12 pm and not much to keep youngsters amused in the evening. No discos or clubs that we could find, but for around 8 euros, taxi rank across the road will take you into Port D'Alcudia where there are clubs and some nightlife. Overall - fantastic hotel, would definitely recommend it and already planning to go back next Spring!!"

• Travel date: Wed 24th of September 2008

What a holiday! As we are self employed...

Reviewed Thu 28th of August 2008

"What a holiday!

As we are self employed my husband and I couldn't get a full week away from our business so we went to Majorca on a 4 day break. My family (Me, My Husband and Children, 12 & 15) and myself thoroughly enjoyed.

Being a frequent traveller I have stayed in many hotels and Las Gaviotas certainly is one of the best.

We arrived at the hotel at 12:15am after a 2 hour transfer (it needn't have been this long but "Holiday Taxis" had to drop off another 30 people before us, transfer time in a taxi is around 40 minutes). We walked into the hotel and were blown away. The modern, contemporary design is stunning. The receptionist was helpful and gave us our room key.

We had booked a suite and requested a pool view and that was exactly what we got. The suite was out of this world and the large double balcony overlooking the pool was great for relaxing with a glass of wine.

The hotel had left platters of salad and bread rolls in the room as we didn't get an evening meal in the hotel. Our first night in the hotel was lovely, the huge bed was extremely comfortable and the children seemed to enjoy the cream leather corner sofa that converted into a decent sized bed.

The food in the hotel is also outstanding. With a huge choice of meals, nobody was left hungry! Everybody was catered for. The breakfast was delicious and so was the evening meal. After a huge breakfast we didn't really want lunch. If you are hungry though, the small pool bar served delicious food and drinks. The friendly waiters brought it to your sunbed.

On the topic of sunbeds, it was nice to stay in a hotel with "real" sunbeds. Plenty of comfortable aluminium sun beds surronded the swimming pool. The main pool was fantastic for both adults and children. Not too deep at one end and shallow enough for young children at the other. There was a Jacuzzi in the pool that was perfect to cool down after hours of sun bathing. The smaller pool is much quieter and often empty. There is a small park for younger children with water fountains and wheels.

There is a cocktail bar in the reception area which serves reasonably priced cocktails and drinks. You can sit outside the hotel and drink your cocktails while listening to a saxaphonist and a singer.

The beach is literally a stroll away and is fantastic for people of all ages. You can walk out for 100s of meters and the water only reaches your waist. It's perfect.

Overall this hotel is fantastic and my family and I will definately be going back. If you have booked don't worry, it really is fantastic.

Enjoy your holiday.
:D

• Travel date: Thu 28th of August 2008

Myself and my sons 21yr old girlfriend (...

Reviewed Mon 25th of August 2008

"Myself and my sons 21yr old girlfriend ( im a little older ) spent a wonderful week at Las Gaviotas .
From the outset we were very impressed , booking in was very quick and in no time we were in our room.
We had breakfast and evening meal and could not fault either.
Rooms were very clean and a maid came in every day to keep it that way.
I saw the pool water being tested several times during our stay which was reassuring.
Pool bar serves very good snacks throughout the day , along with very nice cocktails !
Very close to the hotel is the beach , i have never seen such blue sea ! there are a few bars very close by , our favourite being Posh Paddy's Irish bar.
Would recommend this hotel to couples and familys alike, we definatly will be returning."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of August 2008

Our original hotel eden has been overboo...

Reviewed Mon 18th of August 2008

"Our original hotel eden has been overbooked so we were eventually moved to Las Gaviotas. We were very happy with this hotel. We had a fab suite overlooking pool, could not fault hotel at all. Staff were friendly, rooms were cleaned daily, new towels. breakfast has amazing choice even for our boys 11 and 9. cereals, toast, all kinds of eggs, bacon, cold meat, fruit, dried fruit, yoghurts, cheese, cakes, juices. milkshakes and you could go up as many times. fab. pool was never too busy even in peak august, always clean and tidy. sunbed bagging with towels is still rife though. great location, right in middle of playa de muro with shops either side, buses every 15 mins to Alcudia, the port, Can picafort and Puerto Pollenca. Cheers was a good place to chill and eat, friendly staff, quiz and kids stuff if u want or not want. Would deffo recommend this hotel and resort, it was perfect for 2 adults and 2 kids, beach was opposite across the road, which was warm and shallow and great waves and no seaweed, and a lifeguard! Then walk back to hotel pool, no one bothers you. If you are booked here you will love it in my opinion, happy days "

• Travel date: Mon 18th of August 2008

Returned home yesterday after having a l...

Reviewed Fri 15th of August 2008

"Returned home yesterday after having a lovely week at the las Gaviotas hotel.Our suite was very clean and very modern.Food was very good for adults but not much choice for children. Rooms were cleaned every day and towels were changed everyday if needed. Our large balcony looked over the smallest pool which was the quieter of the 2 pools. The largest pool was brilliant for families and children.With a seperate section for small children to paddle in.
The gorgeous beach was literally across the main road and past a few small shops. There were pedlos and restaurants on the beach. The hotel is very central to loads of shops and restaurants.
The only down side to this hotel that there was no childrens entertainment at all, not even at night. People said there did used to be childrens clubs etc,but now it seems to cater more for adults.With a little live music band playing on the front of the hotel.
We were advised to go to a hotel down the road (viva alcudia) for excellent kids entertainment, and we were not at all disappointed. It was brilliant for all ages. They had different shows on each night. Directions for this hotel are; as you come out of las gaviotas ,turn left then turn left and follow the road to the end,past the horse rides,go round the left corner past the viva apartments and it is the next building on the left. "

• Travel date: Fri 15th of August 2008

I went to this hotel in 2006 with my boy...

Reviewed Wed 30th of July 2008

"I went to this hotel in 2006 with my boyfriend, dad, sister and brothers.
The hotel was clean and the staff were very helpful.
When we went to the hotel the facilities were very basic, a pool table (that was wonky) and a few arcade games, there was entertainment in the bar in the evenings and its was a 2 minute walk away from the beach.
There are a lot of shops in the area and a few really nice restaurants.
In the evenings, just over the road from the hotel in the area in the middle of The Swan cafe/pub and the local grocery shop was a little market where the stalls sold jewellery, bags, clothes and a few novelty items.
I did get bitten quite a few times, but in the party of 6, i was the only one to get bitten in the week we were there.
The area is nice, The beach was good, The people really friendly and on our travels around the area we found some nice little shops.
All in all this was a great holiday, the whole family enjoyed it.
We also went on a day trip to the water park on the other side of the island, the water park was great fun and i recommend it."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008

After reading Mr P Bishops review from J...

Reviewed Tue 22nd of July 2008

"After reading Mr P Bishops review from June 2008 I arrived in Palma Airport armed with my mosquito repellent. However from our party of 9 only three people were bitten once and that was when we sat near greenary at a local bar one evening. May I suggest you don't avoid Majorca but travel a different time of the year.
I must say what a fab hotel this was with great food (and im fussy). The twin rooms were comfortable. modern and clean with a small balcony and use of a fridge. If there are only two persons travelling per room, I would recommend upgrading to a suite, especially if you get a little claustrophobic. As we took 3 teenage children with us and booked a 3 bedded room they were automatically put in a suite. They had twin beds with a large sliding door to separate the double sofa bed in a large lounge area. Off this was the bathroom with walk in shower. All suites had double length balconies with access from the bedroom as well as the lounge area. All hotel staff were very pleasant. Our only grumble was the breakfast room which was a little busy over the weekends. Staff could have been a little more organised in the clearing and setting of tables. However there was plenty of food for everyone. The hotel also serve tea/coffee in the dining room through the night, so don't worry if you have a night flight they are very accomodating. There was no childrens evening entertainment at the hotel as stated in the brochure. However, on two nights they had adult keyboard entertainers (if thats up your street). We found the Oasis pizzeria to the front right of the hotel quite entertaining. They held themed evenings. (right up my street). I dragged my family along to the Elvis Night and the Bee Gees evening and they all enjoyed a sing a long.
There are plenty of bars and shops to the left and right of the hotel (don't forget the side streets). If buying gifts, try the shop nearest the beach, they are cheaper beleive it or not. The beach is just across the road. Be prepared though you have to get up early for a sun bed with shade (We purchased lilos and brollies) Watch out for the lovely cooling sea breeze and make sure you wear your suncream. It may be cool but there were lots of sore red people around in the evening. I have been to Majorca for the past 25years (as well as other places) and I still think it has some of the best beaches to offer especially Playa de Muro and Alcudia. "

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of July 2008

Just got back from Las Gaviotas yesteday...

Reviewed Fri 27th of June 2008

"Just got back from Las Gaviotas yesteday (26th June). Brilliant hotel, I think some of the pictures on websites have not all been updated, but the hotel has been completely refurbished, the reception, everything. It's a very modern hotel, everything is emmaculate. I travelled with my husband and out 9mth old little boy, which we were apprehensive about being the first time we had taken him away. But he loved it. I requested a ground floor suite with cot, and thats exactly what we got. The suites are very spacious, with very modern furniture, cream leather L shaped sofa, Walk in massive tiled shower room, LG LCD TV. The fridge is just like a mini bar fridge, but we managed fine with that for the babys stuff. Balcony is a double sized balcony and there are 2 patio doors one from the living room area and one from the bedroom that lead out. Overall the hotel is quiet, which is just what we were looking for. We are not one's for the whole entertainment thing as I find it normally drives me insane! There is a lovely pool bar, again all very modern with wicker style chairs and massive umberellas. The food is very good for a pool bar, with a wide menu. We wished we had gone half board as the resturants in Alcudia are complete crap, lots of plastic food at expensive prices. Its kind of like they have gotten the idea that the tourists only eat steak, chips, pizza and basic food. The hotel breakfast was great, everything you could want, and the resturant itself again immaculate. Highchairs for the babies. Generally a very good hotel. I do tend to have high standards, and we normally stay in 4 or 5 star hotels. This most definately is one of the few hotels in Spain that deserves its 4 stars. Staff were brilliant, and there is also waiter service at the pool side - something I have only experienced in Dubai before. A lot of 5 stars don't offer this. We would definately go again, but the area of Playa De Muro sort of puts me off, if the hotel were in a different location that would be great."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of June 2008

Booked with lastminute.com. Having read...

Reviewed Fri 27th of June 2008

"Booked with lastminute.com. Having read reviews before we went we were pleasantly surprised by standard of accommodation. We had a standard room with B&B. Very clean and modern- Shower great but overflowed which caused a concern. Very quiet at night. But maintenance noise in late afternoon. Very good value. Pools both good with lots of sun-beds and umbrellas. Ideal location for beach,however didn't find much to do in evening but was only a short break. Very good for young families."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of June 2008

Just got back from this hotel and it was...

Reviewed Wed 11th of June 2008

"Just got back from this hotel and it was excellent, we had a suite and it was a really good size with a double sized balcony overlooking one of the 2 pools. The rooms were spotless as were the other areas of the hotel, the maids/cleaners were really friendly as well.

The food was excellent if you'll eat anything but as I'm a fussy vegetarian I did struggle at times as the food wasn't labelled however my husband loved all the food on offer especially the show cooking, which was available every evening.

The hotel is quite good for kids too, our 2 year old loved it - the kid's area of the main pool wasn't too big but just the right height and she loved the play area too - watch out for the stepping stones (breeze blocks) to it though - she has 2 bruised knees as a result!

The location was great for getting to the beach and there are shops just next door, there isn't a great deal to do on a night but it was just nice to pop out for a wander. The beach was lovely and was really child friendly.

We'd definately go back to Las Gaviotas again, however they have, I think, recently refurbished the reception area and do not currently have the gym or hotel-run kids club, which I think are mentioned in some of the brochures.

On the whole an excellent holiday but I forgot to book the weather so we had a few wet days!"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of June 2008

Hotels near Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel

Top traveller tips for Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel

• Souad by Souad

"fantastic, comfotable great staff "

• Emilia - (Finland) by Emilia - (Finland)

"The small shops around the hotel and the wonderful beach (etc..) "

Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel is also called