booked with SUNMASTER

Reviewed 20th June 2013

"we booked with sun master, thinking we were getting a great deal! we was all booked then they called us back saying flights had all gone up. we refused to pay & told her to cancel it down, she replied the company will have to take a loss on this one & holiday will go ahead. all the printing your own paper work & boarding passes of was a nightmare!! basically the hotel was a disgrace & not how they portrayed them!! coming back was the worst, the resort hoppa was late collecting us, so we missed our flight coming home, 9 of us spent 19hrs hours in the airport with young children & had to pay an extra 990 euros to get home!! sun master were responsible for giving the hoppa right information. were in process of compliant now, to get our money back. but from what ive read this is common practice for them, so don't think we will receive a penny!! DO NOT BOOK WITH SUNMASTER/ GLOBAL HOLIDAYS THERE BOTH THE SAME COMPANY, CON ARTISTS!!!!"

• Travel date: 17th June 2013

tied hotel in need of alot of tlc

Reviewed 8th July 2012

"Stayed at the Lagotel from 19th June -3rd July. As we pulled up to the hotel my husband turned to me and said "this better not be our hotel". It was!!! the vast wasteland at the front of the hotel is a real eyesore!!! however went and checked in and had a look around - was a different story the other side of the hotel. The pools were great baby pool and 2 connecting pools on one side and then across the road 2 salt water pools and the mini golf/tennis etc areas. brilliant could not fault them. The rooms are very tired and in need of some major attention. We stayed in 341, overlooking the pool! towels are fine, changed as often as you want them to be!! found the 3rd bed in our room was just a thin sofa mattress, so hard and lumpy, my daughter refused to sleep on it!! (poor daddy). Bins are emptied everyday, but the cleaning of the room is something to be desired!! bath or sink not cleaned in 2 weeks by maids!! bit gross! also found that there was more dirt on floor after they had attempted to mop!!! was not good. Food - -well what can I say, for the first couple of days the food was fine, breakfast was always bacon, egg, sausage, beans and scrambled eggs, then the cold meats etc and some for of pastries and cereals, although the milk is very sour - Lunch was usually chips, some form of nuggett, pork or a meat dish, pasta, tomato sauce, cold meats again and puddings, cakes, as much ice cream as you could eat. Dinner tended to be, chips, nuggets of some description, a meat dish, fish (dogfish etc! nothing i had ever heard of but hubby is a chef and was able to tell me that it is a cheaper form of cod) , sometimes mashed pots and then some veg, cold meats salad and puddings etc there is always fresh bread and sometimes this is all we ate. On the odd occasion there was a fresh joint of meat being carved we had gammon and beef whilst there and also were treated to chicken legs one night with sauted pots. The food is very repetative and unfortunately nothing is hot!! its all warm as its just sat on hot plates. After a couple of days of eating the food I wanted normal things to eat!! we are not a chips pasta family and found we were getting extremely poor food for what we expected from a 3* hotel. We did complain to the first choice rep at the time and was told the manager is looking into the food issues and he was aware of the complaints people were making. However not quick enough as my husband got severe food poisoning on the last day!! 16 hours spent in the bathroom, not good at all. The amount of people we spoke to that had upset stomachs was horrendous. The waitresses in the dining room are as my mum said Surley - they never smile, we got told off for pushing 2 tables together one night it was crazy. we are a very happy smiley bunch of people and going in that restaurant felt like school some days, really disappointed with that. The bar was great, all the bar men are fantastic and go out of their way to make you feel welcome!! The entertainment is good, fabian is fantastic, so funny and as he has been there 15 odd years knows everything!!! they put on a show every night and it was great!! watch out for the rep show Cinderella, fabian is a step sister - hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The reps are good - My daughters 4 and loved the kids club. the only thing i would say is that some night the mini disco only had 1 member of the kids club in attendance!! bit disappointing esp when they are overheard telling each other they cant be bothered to do the disco tonight!! bit of a shame! There are only 3 ladies toilets in the hotel at the night time, so if you are watching the entertainment and staying at the hotel be prepared to queue, cant understand why they dont keep the pool bar open all night, this has toilets in it to but no you have to use the only ones in hotel!! we found in was quicker to go to your room and then come back down. Also the electrics kept going in the toilets - think I had to tell reception 3 times if they could flick the switch!!! and the are constantly running out of toilet roll, when you ask at reception for more it can take them 10 mins to find some. lost count of the amount of people who had accidents, people always falling in dining room as really slippy floor and falling outside, one lady fell down a fight of stairs as someone had split a drink and it had not been cleaned up. we had tables and chairs outside our room and there were cups and saucers on there for 5 days without them being removed. Storm on the Sunday before we left with table chairs and bins going into the pool, everything was fished out but the remnants of the bins were fished out with nets!! didn't see any pools being cleaned or drained, i know they have chlorine in and treatments but these bins are full everyday of things from pool bar, drinks, chips, sausages, burgers, yuck!!!! and we did not see any special treatment added to the pool. all in all we would not go back to this hotel. it is in some serious need of refurbishment and some serious hr issues!!! in fact surprised first choice has this as a 3*hotel, definitely does not deserve this status. met some great people though and apart from issues mentioned will be one to remember."

• Travel date: 8th July 2012

Al H

Reviewed 3rd July 2012

"Just home from Lagotel 2 weeks. My husband and i had 3 children with us ranging from 17 yrs to 6 yrs. It was the best holiday we ever had. I could not get over the different Activites and so much for kids to do. The food to be honeset was outstanding as we went all inclusive and something different every night. Our hotel room was very basic but generally on holidays we don,t spend much time in a hotel room . The maids were in every day with clean bed linen and towels. Its our first time been to lagotel and deffinately won,t be our last. Thae entertainment for kids and adults was so good we stayed at the hotel every nite. My kids had a fantastic holiday , the holiday reps were really brilliant with kids of all ages. The pools were spotless and the staff around the pool side during the day were so friendly. The Lagotel bus service outside the hotel was so handy to have with young children when they don,t want to walk in the heat,drops you down to the beach which is so near anyway. My kids cannot stop talking about there holiday this year , we were so glad we stayed at Lagotel. "

• Travel date: 2nd July 2012

FABULOUS

Reviewed 20th May 2012

"Fantastic place, just got back yesterday which was the second time we have been here and it was better than the last time. Had great banter with all staff and reps, those who find them ignorent probably would do themselves a favour by going over and chatting to them. Bar was great, food fantastic with a wide range to choose from. Entertainment was spot on although I did find two acts pretty dull but over two weeks that's impressive, I just went elsewhere in the complex. Never had problems with any kids other than the noise of them having fun, so they knocked on a few doors, get over it, alcudia is for families, if you don't want kids noise try Magaluf :-) special mention to Fabio, Dave and Talia who were spot on, hope your there next year because I will be "

• Travel date: 20th May 2012

average good bits and bad bits

Reviewed 21st September 2011

"Went to lagotel at the end of september for a week with my boyfriend . didnt feel we had the best friendly welcome but in all fairness it was 3 in the morning when we arrived. The hotel its self is ok i think its in need of a little refurbishment as here and there its slightly shabby in places. Rooms were very basic, clean and a very good size we had a balcony that over looked the lake which was very pretty. If you have kids this side is better as the other side of the hotel over looked the pools where the entertainment also takes place which goes on till 12 that may disturb some children sleeping. One thing that put me off was that mallorca doesnt have a very good sewage system and we found the smell lingered in the our bathroom which was very unpleasent. They offer lots of activities most are more children orientated but there are adult ones they also have a free shuttle bus to the beach but me and my boyfriend walked most of the time its only a 10 minute walk and its a very beauitful beach with a spectacular mountainous view on the right. We never spent time around the pool as we wanted to explore the island itself more so cant comment on them but i know that refreshment and snack bars are always provided. Food there was good i was never expecting much but had lots of salads pasta chips rice meat curry and the buffet chanced everyday which was good and they have a wide range for breakfast. I found that the staff at meal times were very grumpy and soared faced so i didnt feel very welcomed. Entertainment was ok more children orrientated then for young couples you can go and play mini golf or go into alcudia bay at night times but there didnt seem to many bars and no clubs so it does feel alittle decluded i recommend closer to palma as me and my boyfriend found to actually go and do something in the day you have to pay a bit we went to a water park, saw a show 'pirates adventure' in magaluf which i recommend seeing its amazing and we went and explored the east coast unless you just want a holiday by the pool then its alot cheaper. The reps are brillant at the hotel very helpful and they seem happy to help. Overall i'd rate the hotel average if your looking for a cheap holiday, and just want to relax in the sun and do your own thing. Just some staff are grumpy and the sewage problem. Also, make sure you dont leave valuable belongings in the room or they will get knicked my housekeeping they do provide a safe in the room but you have to pay a fee me and my boyfriend kept ourstuff locked in our suitcases but a couple we met on the holiday and there phone and ipod knicked and the hotel didnt do much about it!"

• Travel date: 21st September 2011

alright Hoilday

Reviewed 15th August 2011

"Just back from a 2 week stay in the Hotel Lagotel. The package we got was all incusive as i'm fussy with food I wasn't looking forward to this part but I have to say I didn't go hungry but had alot of fruit and salad the two weeks I was there. My Son and Husband found the found good on most days. I found the staff nice and friendly but the cleaning staff where around very early in the mornings to clean rooms from 8am onwards I finally realished if I put the sign on the door they would leave us alone until later on. I would say that the cleaners done a very good job in our room and the hotel always looked cleaned. The Resturnt was a bit dated but clean. The Pools where nice but found I used the salt water pools where I felt it was safer for my son I felt the pool in the hotel went to deep for him not that i could get a seat there anyway. Hotel Entertainers what can I say didn't see them during the day as I was in the far pool and the only stayed around the main pool in the hotel felt this lacking from the hotel point of view. I had read alot about Fabien and was looking forword to joining in some of the activies but was unable I would liked to have seen more enterment by the pools quiz and other fun things maybe the hotel will look into this. Kids Zone what can I say they where brilliant they where kind and caring to all the children who where staying there they made the children relaxed and encouraged them in all the activies. Though I felt chareing 3 times a week a bit much for the sweet party and the chocolate parties. Night time would start with the kiddies disco at about 8pm and 3 times aweek we would get a quick vist from dino i felt he was rushed in and out so they could get set up for the bingo. Because of the large number of people staying in the hotel it used to take a long time to sell the bingo sheets. I didn't like the children up on the stage without the netting around it I felt this was careless of the hotel to allow this everynight. Entertainment was alright you get a least 3 good shows a week. It was quite so if your looking for disco and so on you would be better off staying closer to the new town. It was a 10 minute walk to the beach which was worth the walk or you could get the free stuttle bus the hotel ran every 30 mins. My son enjoyed it so I will go back next year to have another go. I would have liked to see the Irish Flay their with the other flags that outside the hotel as half the guest where Irish PLEASE BRING LOADS OF MOSQUITES SPRAYS WITH YOU IT IS A MUST IN THIS HOTEL."

• Travel date: 8th August 2011

Brilliant holiday

Reviewed 4th July 2011

"Went to this hotel june 5th for one week with my daughter 7 years and our friends with their children the same age, we all had a great time. The hotel rooms are very clean and cleaned every day with fresh towels. The resturant was lovely, great choice of food for eveyone, we all loved the english breakfast every morning! The pool areas was spotless and the food at the bar around the pool was good to. Entertainment was good for the children, they had disco for them and bingo for us as well as a show for everyone. The staff were very friendly. This is one of the best holidays we have been on and we have been on quite a few, this should not be rated a 3 star this is more like a 4 star. This was a brilliant holiday all round we would love to go back again. I hope this information helps people who have booked or are going to book at Lagotel."

• Travel date: 30th June 2011

never again

Reviewed 3rd June 2011

"having stayed several times in the past we will never stay there again,the food there is absolutely disgusting lukewarm and mainly fried.there were kids running riot most of the time and one couple were even mugged in the hotel.before the hotel went all inclusive the food was brilliant but not now.on the positive side the staff are friendly and the beach although its a 15min walk away is soft sand and gently slopes into the sea.def not recommended for people who are on a restrictive diet like allergic to eggs as alot of the time the food isnt labeled so you dont know what you are eating."

• Travel date: 3rd June 2011

Holiday did the job!!!

Reviewed 1st June 2011

"From the day of booking our holiday to this hotel which was highly recommended by the agent we couldn't wait to go and have some family time. After a long delay at the airport we finally arrived at the hotel very tired and couldn't wait to get into our room which came as a little bit of a disapointment due to it's cleanliness. The food throughout the week of our stay was more than adequate and plenty of choice available but I have to say the starting time for breakfast of 8am and lunch at 1:30pm was a bit late especially having a 23 month old who is used to breakfast by 7am and lunch by 12pm, just gald we took snacks which kept her going inbetween. We were also disappointed to find out there were no services available for under 3's but at the time of booking we were told a creche was there (one of the attractions for us). On our first morning with a little one very excited to go in the swimming pool we couldn't believe that it didn't open until 10am and when we finally got in there after joining the queue of people and fighting for sun loungers only to find the water was freezing, which immediately put our little one off who usually loves the water and also to find that there were no towels available which again we were told we would have so ended up having to buy some. The evenings entertainment was was varied and there was always something going on but it did go on until at least 11pm every night, so if like us your room is facing it it is very difficult to get to sleep. Even though this all sounds very negative as the title say's "It did the job," but wouldn't look to return to this hotel. "

• Travel date: 28th May 2011

Dont do it!

Reviewed 31st May 2011

"we went for a 2 week all inclusive stay and the only reason we enjoyed it so much is because we stayed by the quieter pool, ate out every now and then, and had each other for company, many people asked to move hotels. 2 pools: the one by the hotel is cramped, had glass in the kids pool, and annoying tannoy announcements from the hotel! the one across the road is quieter and much nicer, Food: same thing over and over again! chips, burgers, sausages, chicken nuggets! my other half is a Vegetarian and lived on chips as that was the only thing he could eat most of the time so we ended up eating out 3 times a week to have a decent meal, cockroaches in the dining room and what appeared to be a rat. Drinks: self service slush puppies, beer and wine, locally produced spirits that were watered down! the cocktails were out of a machine and the bar staff didn't know what was in them! Rooms: Filthy dirty, same bedding all week, bugs in the blankets! our room was left unsecure by the maid 11/14 days either the door left open or the balcony not shut, Entertainment: Rubbish most nights, only last for an hour 10-11pm Reception staff: didn't give a dam about complaints and just shrugged their shoulders! more like a 2 star hotel and needs a good overhaul both cosmetically and staffing!, Ive been to much nicer 3 stars and with better food! "

• Travel date: 27th May 2011

never again!

Reviewed 16th May 2011

"If you want cold food, fries with every meal,twice cooked and reheated food and deep fried hotdogs.....this is the place for you! However, this is not to my taste and shall not be returning! I can make meals with leftovers at home, i didnt pay all that money to be given undercooked,substandard food! Even my 3 year old turned her nose up. We can recommend the pizza from the local shop! hot, fresh and far tastier than most of the food served at this hotel! The room was very basic, with "put me up" style beds that needed new springs and mattresses. Not a comfy sleep A nice hotel (apart from the food and beds)....if it werent for all the kids screaming outside until 1am, and the grown ups shouting and swearing Definately will not be returning or recommending. and will not stay All Inclusive again, as this has single handly put me off for life!"

• Travel date: 15th May 2011

Great first holiday without Dad

Reviewed 26th April 2011

"My son and I stayed at Lagotel all-inclusive for a week in July 2010 - we both had a great time. Rooms were immaculately clean and the maids brilliant. The First Choice Reps were brilliant especially the football coaches and swim instructor. We enjoyed the salt water pool and had no problems getting a sunbed - we never needed to get up before breakfast to reserve one, I think some people just panic about sitting in larger groups! The food although not a la carte was good and there was always something that took our fancy. We would be returning again this year except that football academy is not running so we are heading to Holiday Village Viva."

• Travel date: 22nd April 2011
  • ...

Hotels near Eix Lagotel

Top traveller tips for Eix Lagotel

• by Joanna B

"get a pool room, drink is good but food not the best"

• by Al H

"So near the beach, and such a nice quiet area ."

• by Ronnie B

"no smoking area outside."

• by yukicat

"take squash for your kids otherwise they will be hyper on all the sugary drinks there"

• by dissapointed1

"Bring earplugs for the latenight noise, and plenty of money for decent food"

• by Tatty Mum

"Take the bus to the beach for a change of scenery and don't panic about getting a sunbed in the morning there's plenty to go round"

• by Sammie :)

"Was lovely,clean hotel fun happy bar staff and wonderful activities and entertainment for all!"

• by nell

"yes we loved it so much so bk 2 weeks now and have booked for next year "

• by ministox386

"Dont bother with this hotel!"

• by soooo impressed by the lagotel

"great for a family and teenagers "

• by bermos

"go and enjoy , chill out, judge it yourself, you wont regret going"

• by chardonnay1

"the beach is amazing the views spectactular"

• by chardonnay1

"lots of shops bars etc "

• by rainny

"steak house in alcudia best meal we had all week"

• by rainny

"lovely and hot and the beach is wicked and clean"

• by jennifuhhh

"the resort is very quiet, yet if you're just going with children it's perfect."

• by gaynor 75

"Dakota Tex mex, the service was very poor and it was expensive but the mexican food was lovely."

• by Chloe2009

"The Swan Bar &+ Bells."

• by Gladys...

"The best thing about this resort is the beach, Playa De Muro is not a shoppers paradise."

• by katewild

"Take the bus to Palma for the day - only 5 euros and well worth it"

Eix Lagotel is also called

• Hotel Lagotel
  • lagotel hotel playa de muro
  • lagotel alcudia