TRH Magaluf

C/ Martin Ros Garcia, 15, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Good

Thieving hotel staff- beware!

"Just returned from this hotel after a week staying there with 3 mates. Apartment was clean, pool area was nice with a good (but expensive) pool bar, but that's as far as the complements go.
One major word of warning for any young groups looking at staying at this hotel is that you only get one room key. This meant that one night when one of my mates returned early he had to be let in by a member of hotel staff. It was at this point that the staff member distracted my mate by asking him for his passport to prove he stayed in this particular room. Hence my mate went into the bedroom to fetch his passport meanwhile the staff member took it upon himself to steal my MP3 player that was sitting on the table in the living area. We reported it to the hotel the next morning but unsurprisingly, they didn't care in the slightest. At this stage we weren't certain it was him that had taken the MP3 player, but if you read furthur it will soon become clear why we are now certain it was this staff member who stole my it.
It wasn't until a couple of nights later when exactly the same situation as described above happened again, and my mate's mobile phone was taken, were we sure it was this same member of staff who had taken my MP3 player. We confronted him, he denied that he had the phone but produced the MP3 player from his pocket saying this is all he has on him (obviously forgetting it was our room he had taken it from a couple of nights earlier!). He obviously denied all knowledge and claimed it was "£20 from taiwan". It was hard to restrain ourselves at this point but we knew it would be stupid to take it into our own hands. When the hotel manager came on shift, we explained everything to him but he was of no help and refused to check his colleague's pockets even though we knew fine well that my MP3 player was on him! Now I'm back I'm trying to go through travel insurance and will hopefully get everything back.
In conclusion, all these events really put a downer on our holiday and also wasted a lot of our time as we were only there for a week. I would be very wary of staying at this hotel, especially if you're planning as going as a big group of mates."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of August 2007

excellent value

"Recently returned from this hotel, after a cheap weekend away with Globespan. Have to stay that I was a little apprehensive before arriving at the hotel (due to cheap price we paid!) but was pleasantly surprised. Reception was light and airy and all communal areas were exceptionally clean. The room we were allocated could accommodate 4 people, there were 2 of us, so we had plenty of space. Rooms were clean, with basic facilities - some areas in room looked a little worn and dated but curtains, sofas, bedspreads and main wardrobe looked to be new. We had a large balacony overlooking the pool and mountains. Staff helpful and pool area good.
Location very good, 2 mins from Magaluff beach and approx. 10 mins from Palma Nova Beach. Everything you would require on your doorstep - bars, supermarkets, gift shops & restaurants. "The Hill" isn't as bad as people make out, although is definately not suitable for people with walking difficulites or ladies in large heels!"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of May 2007

Fab base for a holiday!

"Stayed at the Barcelo Palma Nova apts (now called HRH Palma Nova i think!) with my friend last sept. We are both 20 and had a brilliant time in Magalluf which is 2 mins walk down a hill frm the hotel. Location for both the nightlife and beaches is great, although the hill is pretty steep- maybe not great for anyone with walking difficulties or pushchairs etc.
Apartments have twin beds in a bedroom and 2 camp beds in the lounge and all rooms have a balcony (i think!). Our view was a bit rubbish but we spent hardly anytime in the room so didnt matter!
Reps are great for both families and young groups- we went on several excursions with the heatwave reps- had a fab time. The caberet and Pirates show are both a good laugh but the booze cruise was a bit gross- would give that a miss next time! The entertainment during the day and evenings is very family orientated which is fine because the younger crowd go out down the strip anyway. Didnt have any meals at the apartments but snacks by the pool were fine and well priced.
Rooms were well presented and spacious. They are cleaned daily but we were still in bed most days when the maid came so our bedroom was left in a state- that was our fault though not theirs!
Overall i would say its a good hotel for families but a brilliant hotel for young groups!"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of August 2006

What a Place!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good

"Came back from holiday in October and can't wait to go again. On arrival the place seemed really nice. The room was fine it had everything you you would need and those people who say they were terrible must be in a different place.

The pool areA was lovely there was no probs in getting a sun lounger and relaxing with a drink at the pool what more do you want.

This place says families welcome and i agree there is great entertainment both from the kids club and the entertainers who I became friendly with.

The place is set about a 2 minute walk away from the nightclubs and really nice places to eat. If you do go you have to go on the bungie it was so much fun.

All in all this has been the best place i have been to and can't wait to book up again so stop having doubts and get [--] to the travel agent and book it's worth it.

Oh the only problem is the hill that its on but if you are willing to look past that wat a holiday you will have.

P.S If you go before summer next year climb the tree thats on the hill i never got a chance .

HAVE AN AMAZING HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of November 2005

O.K. nothing special

"Booked the hotel independetly with go2spain. When we arrived, they could not find our reservation so we had to wait a bit whilst they got a maid to clean an apt. The apartment was very basic and not very well cleaned (i think the previous guests had left that same morning). Travelled by bus which was a challenge, get the no.1 from the airport to Placa D'Espanya then get the 105 to Vaquier Ramis, its the quickest route and the hotel is 15 minute walk from there. PLS be warned, the hotel is on a steep hill, good exercise but very steep even i, a young twenty something found it strenous. 10 minutes from the nearest beach. Loud entertainment every night, so not for someone looking for peace and quiet. Lots of shops both for food and souvenirs in the area. The area surrounding the hotel is very safe with securtity on patrol. I would recommend the Barcelo Palmanova if you looking for a cheap and cheerful holiday, with clubbing and drinking planned."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of October 2005

Get your hiking boots on!!

"Hi,
I stayed at the Barcelo Palma Nova Apartments in Magalluf in Sept 2005. Like some of the other reviews on here I would definatley NOT stay at this hotel again.

On our arrival the reception looked lovely, but beware this is no reflection on the state of the rooms!

We had NO air conditioning, the cupboards in the kitchen area are hanging on by a mere thread, the bedroom curtains had graffitti on them and wouldnt close, the mattress had numerous stains on them, one member of our party had new sheets put on the bed that had holes in them, and when the matter was raised with the staff nothing was done to rectify it.

The wardrobe had a thin piece of wire stretched across, presumably to be used to hang your clothes on, also the doors to the wardrobe didn't close. Tiles on the floor had numerous cracks on them - some were missing. The facilities provided in the kitchen were like something from the Ark! The rooms were supposedly cleaned and beds made each day, even old dirty sheets were used to remake the bed...(and im talking 'monthlys' girls...ewwwww!!!)

The only 'nice' room was the bathroom, but even then you didnt quite know whether you would be having a freezing or boiling shower of an evening!

The area in which the hotel is situated in is pleasant - if pleasant is your idea of staying awake all night listening to drunken idiots shouting as they walk up the street (which is where our bedroom window faced) and trekking up a 'slight hill' which would make Ranulph Fiennes shake in his boots! My calf muscles are twice the size they were I swear! Honestly, at the end of the evening we dreaded having to walk it, added to that the risk of 'running the gauntlet' of people constantly hassling you to drink or eat in their establishments.

We never had any problems in getting a sun lounger -our rooms were on the same level as the pool..as was the stage for the 'nightly entertainment'- so we were able to climb over our balconies and grab one...which was probably the only bonus there was, although it didnt last long as I was fed up of the constant 'boom boom' music they insist on blaring out from 10am to around 4pm..so even if you didnt get any sleep the night before they wouldnt let you sleep in.

The beaches are lovely and thats the only real quality that I actually enjoyed about this holiday.

Now don't get me wrong, Im not a fuddy-duddy sort, (Im 25) but it was seriously too much to take - and I can take a lot!! This hotel is definatley only suited for 16-20 year olds at the most. Please do not take your children here as they will see things that would make Abi Titmuss blush. It is recommended for families...puhlease....
If you want to relax on your hols and enjoy an evening stroll looking in the shops after dinner and then going on for a few drinks..try Santa Ponsa. Its 15 mins away in a cab (about £10 fare) and we had one of the best nights here. Magalluf is a real nice place....if you fancy one of Busted and think drinking WKD is cool. This is a 'minging' hotel in a 'minging' area, and if you want something nicer, book somewhere on the beach.

Oh and one other thing....CANCEL YOUR BOOKING AND MOVE ELSEWHERE...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of September 2005

Absolutely Fantastic

"Only got bk from my holiday yeserday and had the best time ever. The apartments were great, nothing like i expected at all, they were only supposed 2 be 3star but id give them the other 2 myself! ive just read some of the other reviews and all i can say is what do expect when u go 2 magalluf? its goin 2 be noisy and full of young people thats why you dont take children there, u take them somewhere thats not renowned for drinking and getting laid!

anyway, the apartments, they were really nice my only real complaint if i have any is the fact that we didnt get our sheets changed on our beds, by the end of the week we were sleepin without them altogether coz they smelt that bad! the room itself was good tho, plenty of room, i would definitely go there again!!"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of July 2005

Families Beware!!!

"Families beware. I booked this accommodation that is listed as Palma Nova and at the base of a 'slight' hill. Its near the top of a mountain hill and based in the lively Torrenova area. If you require sleep between the hours of 3.30am and 6.30am do not stay here. I went in June 05 and for two weeks lay awake through the night with my 5 and 9 yr old. The noise was not only traffic past my room but shouting from floor to floor and across the pool area, explicit language, loud music and constant doors slamming. The bed linen was not changed at all in my two week stay even after numerous requests to reception and the reps. I had my towels changed once after taking the dirty ones to reception.
The pool in the day was full of topless g.stringed ladies and gangs of lads in the pool with there pints of beer. This complex is for 18-30's only and I would recommend families to book elsewhere. Torrenova at night is just as bad and I felt unsafe walking back to the apartments at night so had to use taxis.
Whilst I was there 6 rooms were evicted and 4 more were on there last warnings.
I could go on and on but I think you will get the general picture. We're off back to Alcudia for a great family holiday next year."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of June 2005

Nice Complex.

"There were problems with having families mixed with 18 30's. Not suitable for young families. Very noisy as you could expect when young people come back from a night out.

Nice Hotel but complaints from people about the unsuitable mix."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of June 2005

good for families

"My family of four (kids are 3 and 4) went here on last minute deal in May 05. Was worried about groups of yobs travelling together, as I'd read some not so good reviews other places. (This is Magaluf, afterall). Took a taxi from the airport (cost around 25 Euros) and came to a wonderfully clean complex with superb location. The apartements are quite standard, but with ample hot water, well equipped kitchen, all nice and clean.

The pool area is nice, with none slip tiles. Lots of sun loungers and a pool side bar, which is open from early morning till late, serving snacks. The kids got free ice creams, crisps and soft drinks - which saves you a bit og money if you spend long hours around the pool. Pool in itself was clean and nice for kids, as they can stroll into from two sides. There were a further three pools apart from the main one - so again lots of choice. What surprised me the most was the overall standard and cleanliness of the joint facilities, like toilets, reception, restaurant and so on.

And our best bit - a fantastic kids club that operated for several hours a day, with a varied program that kept the kids very occupied out of the burning sun during the hottest part of the day.

Forgot to mention - hotel is within very close proximity to two lovely beaches. Magaluf beach is less than three minutes walk down some steps, and PalmaNova Beach slightly further down a hill.

Think I must stress though, that we didn't go high season, and it might be noisier towards the height of summer. The evening entertainment went on till quite late every night and is very loud, and unless you're a part of it, I guess it can drive you bonkers. Had this been more moderate I would have classified the complex with five out of five. But again - our kids loved MiniDisco, and the entertainment overall was very familyfriendly."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of June 2005

really good place 10/10

"Looking at reviews for this place and see so many families moaning ,lmao what the hell are you doing taking kids to Magaluf in the first place in would be like taking the to Las Vegas strip for a week, you just wouldn't do it how about you research your holidays before you go and stop blaming others for your stupidity,
TRH is a really good place ace for letting your hair down and having a real gd party like most of Magaluf, the rooms are clean but not been refurbished in the last few years but who expects everything to look brand new, the sheets was clean and fresh towels every day, nice hot running water, nice good working air con, most rooms have a nice view of the sea that is 3minutes away or of the pool, TRH is on a little hill that is not half as bad as some people make out on the reviews may be a bit much if you like 70 or 80 and have walking difficulties or Asthma but to be fair i have a bad knee and asthma & it didn't bother me once & i was up and down all day and night, the hotel was very good they don't mind what time you get in or go out and a little noise is accepted,
the pool area is loud and party like atmosphere with music playing from first thing in the morning with a huge tv playing all the UK football games, the breakfast are well up to standards with the rest of the island & not a bad price, the bar is a gd price as well, but again this is not a place to take your kids this is Magaluf 100% party town aimed at young adults & most of the hotels on the strip will reflect this meaning loud fun drunkenness with large groups wanting to have fun not wanting to watch what they say because one uneducated family has brought there kids expecting a peaceful holiday in a party town, if that's what you want don't go to magaluf full stop, i loved the place and have already booked up two more stays but wouldn't dream of taking kids the whole town is aimed at over 18s and i did my research before i wasn't and most sites state this ,,i have not one complaint about the hotel except the WiFi should be free :) but that's probably me being tight,lol this is a cheap cheerful hotel with 3 stars i think it is so don't expect the Ritz, pool was clean lobby was clean rooms clean staff very polite people, you may even find the odd person crashed out in the lobby as you only as you only get one key for the room and people come back at different times of the night loosing mate in the very busy strip, but this is not a problem just something to smile at ,lol the shop next door is not bad priced and do fresh baked stuff in the morning, again Magaluf is a party town and very very busy between the summer time with large gangs of girls and boys getting drunk if you want a good nights sleep and a relaxed holiday go to some other place do not go Magaluf then cry its not what you wanted, "

• Travel date: Mon 13th of October 2014

Unfair veiws

Good

"I have recently stayed at this hotel with my 3 friends , all 4 of us really enjoyed our time , the rooms may not have been anything out of this world but they weren't as bad as made out.
The Hotel isn't for familys but if your a young party-goer on holiday with your friends you will enjoy this Hotel , Its at the top of a hill which is easily managed unless your really drunk.
We had nothing stolen , never had our door rang at unapprioate times although the next door neighbours buzzer was rang and could be easily heard.
It was a good time in this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of June 2013

Hotels near TRH Magaluf

Stayed at TRH Magaluf? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for TRH Magaluf

• amyjane8691 by amyjane8691

"Everything, it's tacky and that's what is so much fun! "

• dnd2136 by dnd2136

"bcm, bannanas, boomerangs "

• lauraxwx by lauraxwx

"this is not in palma nova "

• ian wales by ian wales

"the nightlife is very good. be careful where you stay "

• ian wales by ian wales

"the area and beaches are very good. lots of good pubs and eateries "

• Janetm by Janetm

"Palma Nova is lovely, great beaches. "

• astonished i have stayed here by astonished i have stayed here

"do not stay at this so called hotel "

• Shaylin by Shaylin

"Great place for party animals "

• MAGA10 by MAGA10

"fansastic hotel for people who dont need to sleep. "

• Lou by Lou

"Excellent for Party Animals, Pretty Miserable I Would Imagine for Families "

• Traz by Traz

"area excellent,hotel read the review "

• Amy <3 magas!! by Amy <3 magas!!

"if your looking for a good time, get yourself to TRH!!! "

• Sleepless by Sleepless

"Know what to expect & Read the reviews "

• Lelly1191 by Lelly1191

"Dont be foreced in by PR people "

• Danielle by Danielle

"glass botton boat its 2 hour long trip and they stop so you can dive in as well and travel from beach to beach "

• party animal by party animal

"dont leave youre mates to walk home alone, take ear muffs. "

• alexlolly by alexlolly

"Bring your earplugs if you need your sleep! "

• dougiephipps by dougiephipps

"the strip is a must you can't miss it as its only few minutes walk "

TRH Magaluf is also called