Sol Palmanova All Inclusive

Pinzones, s/n, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Good

awful hotel

"We have just returned from a week in the sol mirlos hotel <29/05/04>.The rooms were far too small and were not properly cleaned, food in the resteraunt was ok, hated rest of hotel too many 'social/benefit' holiday makers, every chance we had of escaping we did. The Tordos hotel though was far worse very busy terribly noisy and all public areas dirty this must be the hotel from hell. We stayed end of May in the quiet period so I dread to think what both hotels would be like july/august???? Only advise I could give is if you have a booking here .....CHANGE"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of June 2004

Pure well good!!!!! 30th may 2004 ( just bak from holidays!)

"I'm 14 years old an i wasn't really lookin forward 2 this holiday but when i got there i wanted 2 stay for 2 weeks instead of 1! I was put on the 6th floor in room 605, the room was quite small but it didnt really matter coz we were never in it. We had a good view from the balcony 2. Downstairs there was 2 playstations 2's, fones which didnt cost much, resturant, reception, 2 pool tables (which i spent lots of my time on), sum arcade things, (the toy machine wasn't a rip off coz you won lots of things out of it), The lounge, the stage, toilets, the bar, and a mini internet cafe. Then outside there was the swimming pool, with plenty of loungers for a tan, another giant stage, sun terrace, another bar. You could also use the other hotels property which had a volleyball court, archery, rifle shooting, another swimming pool, table tennis. The beach was only a few minutes away from the hotel and sum cheap cheap stuff.
The staff there were really polite and helpful. But not all the time. The cleaners clean 24/7 and make a really good job of it. The Bar staff didnt really understand me sometimes but i did manage to tell them. The reps there were excellent for the children. The always had something going on for them so they were never bored. Every night they had a mini pantomine for the children to join in and other times it was for the adults. During the day they had games going on in the pool and they did competitions which at night you got a certificate for. The food there has to be the best food that you can get for a hotel. They had lots of variety and had the food running from 8 till midnight which was really good. In the lounge you had to be quick if you wanted a seat because there wasnt enough. The internet cafe was good for teenagers because you can go on msn an chat 2 your friends. They aslo had a club for toddelers, children and they are strting a teenagers one soon. Because it has a flintstone theme, fred flintstone and dino walked around. My sister had fred come into the resturant and give her a birhtday cake. I would say your best bet is to go all enclusive because it is so much better. I woul recommend this to people all ages and i'm coming bak nexy year for 2 weeks."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of May 2004

Hated every minute

"My husband and myself have just returned home 19/05/04 from spending two weeks in the sol tordos.It was like being in a nursery for two weeks. Children ran amok with no parentel control they messed about with the lifts, consequently they were out of order quite a lot of the time.The food was not always edible I very often ended up with a cheese sandwich for my lunch and a plate of chips for tea.I would not go back to this hotel if i won a free holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of May 2004

What a laugh

Good

"I have just returned from the sol tordos what a laugh we had i went there with husband and 2 children 10 7 we had a scream of a time the hotel clean the food good the bar excellent as we were all inclusive it was wonderfull. The entertainment for the kids very good and the adults too it may not have been that exciting but the staff made it real fun we laughed for a week the only trouble we had was going to bed we didnt want to nor did the kiddies they had a ball. The hotel is all about kids dont go there if you want a quiet holiday because you wont have one we went there to see our daughter who workes in palma as a travel rep not in this hotel but she said you must go there its realy good for the kids and she was right can recomend it 100% The bar staff were a bit grumpy but they are probably fed up with holiday makers they always smiled when they were going home we didnt though we were sad to see them leave."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of May 2004

Lovely Hotel

"Been to the Mirlos for 6 years running, lovely hotel, close to all amenities, staff helpful & friendly and food brillian. Clean rooms and well kept. Stayed at the Tordos twice, once before All Inc, and it was much better, stayed there last year and noisey and crowded, didnt seam as nice as the Mirlos, but would definately recommend this hotel to anyone"

• Travel date: Sat 24th of January 2004

Sol Tordos Brilliant Holiday!

"We had a week in the Sol Tordos in May 2002 and have rebooked for this year. The food was excellent with a varied selection to suit everyone.The Hotel was spotlessly clean with large air-conditioned rooms.We would recomend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of January 2004

brill

"it was the best holiday ever the staff were all very nice. the food is great and the clubs and activiteis were really good. the beach is only 2 minutes away from the hotel and its close to nice family run resturants that make real good food i would recomend it to anyone with any type of family"

• Travel date: Mon 29th of December 2003

Nice location/Sub-Standard Service/hotel

"We stayed here for 2 weeks in the late summer and early fall of 2001 and loved Mallorca but unfortunately NOT the hotel experience.First the good things, the food was really good and there was lots of variety.
Our 5th floor balcony was a bit too high up for me but it afforded a great view of the Mediterranean. Our room was clean and fairly spacious even if simple. Although Palma Nova is not your 1st choice location for Mallorca (Palma de Mallorca or other places would be depending on what you are looking for), it isn't too bad and it features a lovely oceanside boardwalk lining the coast with some nice restaurants and bars. Convenient stores with CHEAP beer and wine are also close by and souvenir shops stock some neat stuff including wonderful oversized poster cards (great for framing). Public buses stop at the hotel and getting into town isn't difficult (though cabs can be expensive!).Now the bad news. Elevators you get stuck in with no help at hand. A tiny swimming pool shared by two large hi-rise hotels. Snobby staff esp. at the bars.No A/C, and some very rude bartenders. Having said this though, some staff were very friendly and delightful esp. the food service and entertainment staff(not too polished though, more like amateurs)."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of November 2003

best holiday ever

"This hotel is amazing,best holiday ever. Was plenty to do not just for the kids,for the adults too! Everyday there were activities for everyone. I enjoyed them all the only thing i didnt enjoy was singing. If you missed on the darts board you had to sing. I had 3 tries at shooting and i missed so i had to sing and dance to the fast food song, how horrible.All the staff were very nice and friendly. I wnt with my parents this year and my mate.Ive asked to go again but my parents are saying we will see which means a no so im gonna go with my mate again next year because its such a gr8 hotel and i didnt want to go home. All the other hotels ive been to have nothing to do for the children and teenages unlike sol tordos.so sol tordos - See you next year!"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of November 2003

Sol Tordos hotel was GREAT!!!

"I found that it was the best hotel ever for a 3* ! and I would definetely go back there to stay when visiting majorca. The staff were SUPERB! great entertainment too! It was great for the children, yabba dabba- doo mad. A great pool And near shops. Wot more could you ask for."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of October 2003

7 adults & 3 kids have a great time @ sol mirlos

"Good clean hotel, great location, great weather. lots of fun & games for the kids, day & night. all inclusive as you would expect, plenty of choice at the bars and restaurants. good sized swimming pool & good kiddies pool. Fred, Barney & Dino always about to entertain you !rooms are small & basic, but are a good standard & air conditioned. Great time had by all & would gladly go back there again."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of August 2013

first class holiday

"been to palma nova many times and last year we tried tordos mirlos and it was great,hotel clean,rooms the same,food class,service great,the staff first class,great for kids and adults,plenty room round the pool,many sun lounges,good entetainment for all, i would recomend this hotel,for me the best rooms with best views are on the top floor overlooking the pool"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of January 2013

Hotels near Sol Palmanova All Inclusive

Stayed at Sol Palmanova All Inclusive? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sol Palmanova All Inclusive

• tam1976 by tam1976

"perfect for family, cheap, all amenities in walking distance, close enough to airport "

• tam1976 by tam1976

"fantasia golf, marine land both amazing fun, "

• kmul01 by kmul01

"Ideal for anyone, very relaxed but also only 10 mins away from the hustle and bustle of Magaluf. "

• kmul01 by kmul01

"Fantasia Golf is a 54 hole crazy golf course and BCM Nightclub in Magaluf is Fab!! "

• cherisse257 by cherisse257

"Lovely beaches, safe and friendly atmosphere but shops a little expensive. "

• cherisse257 by cherisse257

"Going to the beach. Walking in to Magaluf "

• tina & bren by tina & bren

"natalies english restaurant good food "

• michelle campbell by michelle campbell

"BEAUTIFUL RESORT WITH PLENTY TO DO!!!!!! "

• michelle campbell by michelle campbell

"WESTWORLD WATER PARK GREAT!!!! "

• kevingill by kevingill

"Not overdeveloped location far enough away from Magaluf, but still within easy reach. "

• kevingill by kevingill

"Eat mostly at the hotel, but Soller/Port Soller well worth a visit to travel on the trams/trains. "

• HX by HX

"Lovely place excellent beach also handy for a mix of ages for magaluf "

• HX by HX

"the cathederal at palma "

• cheliams by cheliams

"Kids loved marineland. "

• lisafirth by lisafirth

"would go back again defo! "

• lisafirth by lisafirth

"the western park was fab,an take a shoppin trip in palma!well worth it! "

• by

"Lovely area to stay in beach children friendly and clean Bars not too expensive "

• Hammy70 by Hammy70

"Ideal for Families, very clean "

• jaimiefaz by jaimiefaz

"yes, definately, but warn them about the groups!! "

• Barcelona by Barcelona

"Grrreeat Family Holiday "

Sol Palmanova All Inclusive is also called