Very Pleasant

Good
Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"The staff were all really helpful. The food for breakfast and dinner catered for all tastes and really couldnt be faultered. We didnt spend every night eating in the hotel as we liked to explore the surrounding areas, but when we did eat at the hotel we ate far too much!!

We upgraded our hotel room on arrival to sea view, which was lovely. The room was extremely clean and comfortable. Only problem we had was that the TV did not have any english music channels!!

The swimming pool is small but the hotel is right on the beach. For a small fee we paid for the use of the sun loungers and umbrella on the beach. The beach and the sea is extremely clean.

We were two twenty- four year old girls on holiday on our own. We thought its very much a family hotel. The location is great for a hotel on the beach and is only a short taxi ride to visit Palma and the Port."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of August 2005

superb sol cala blanca

Good
Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"Myself and my family have just returned from a fantastic week at the Sol Cala Blanca. The rooms are spotless and well sized the hotel staff are always helpful,friendly and up for a laugh. The hotels location right on the beautiful white sands of palma nova make this a must choice for any holiday and any age of holiday traveller. we will definately be returning."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of July 2005

Thanks Sol Cala Blanca

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"We have recently returned from a 10 day stay at the Hotel Sol Cala Blanca in Palmanova,and have nothing but praise for this excellent hotel.
Although there was a bit of a mix up at first with the room, this was quickly resolved to our satisfaction by the efficient and friendly reception staff.
We found all of the hotel staff to be polite, courteous and friendly without exception.
The quality and range of food on offer was remarkable,and the dining room was, like the rest of the hotel, spotless.
The "mini bar"in the room was a bit of an affront and far too expensive,but we just ignored it and would have preferred an empty fridge.
The thing that really made this hotel stand out for us was the fact that the hotel manager was seen every day, either in the restaurant dining with guests, or in reception, or generally about keeping an eye on things. How professional is that?
In conclusion.....an excellent hotel and resort, if you haven't been, go."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of July 2005

It is the second time myself and my fami...

Reviewed Thu 30th of June 2005

"It is the second time myself and my family have travel to the Sol Cala Blanca. What can I say it is excellent. The staff are brilliant and the hotel is very clean.

The hotel is not geared for kids in the way that other hotels but kids activities did go on. There are no Kidsclubs (thank god) but my children loved every minute of it.

A definite plus is the Towel Service you pay for a greencard and can have your pool towel changed and provide as many times as you wish.

The hotel is in an excellent position.

We will definitely be returning to this hotel.

It was the first year we travelled with Travel City as we have previously gone with Portland Direct (much more expensive) Travel City were excellent the flight was good and the transfers were very good.

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

Supercalafrajalisticsuper Cala Blanca

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We Loved this hotel, situated right in the centre of Palma Nova and right on the beach. Everything was excellent from the room sizes to the superb food and the wonderfully friendly staff. We arrived and were given a room at the front of the hotel with a palm tree right in front of our balcony, it was Mosquito heaven and our babies hell,(he was eaten alive on the first night). We asked if we could be moved and pay extra for a sea view room, where there was less trees and hopefully less mosquitos, we paid the extra and were given new rooms the next day, no more mosquito problems. The reception staff were excellent and very understanding in assisting us. I would recommend paying extra for a sea view room and a higher floor if possible.

We would definately recommend this hotel, it is ideal for more relaxed family holiday with good adult entertainment, we are arranging a return trip already.."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of June 2005

Excellent hotel

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"This was my fifth time staying at this hotel, almost everything is oerfect but the evening entertainment still seems to let them down. The staff (especially the bar staff) are brilliant and nothing is too much trouble. I especially liked Rubio and Gwilliam who were so very friendly and good fun. I would also praise the reception staff for their patience.I will return year after year."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of June 2005

It is my 2nd visit to this hotel. I trav...

Reviewed Tue 31st of May 2005

"It is my 2nd visit to this hotel. I travelled with my wife and in-laws.

We had a delay of 5hours because of a fault in the Spanair flight and a 1-hour delay on our return. We should have chosen BMI Baby who as did go to time.

The hotel was clean and staff very helpful. The bedrooms are large and sheets and towels changed often.

The breakfast is good and the dinner was varied and of a good quality.

The only down side with this hotel is that the evening entertainment is not always to a high standard.

The hotel is overlooking the beach and the area is flat for walking to the shops and bars."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2005

Glad we picked the Sol Cala Blanca

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"We picked this hotel to Celebrate our 25th wedding Anniversary, after reading good reviews about it on this travel site. We were not dissapointed nice and clean, very helpfull staff, good food, good location for beach, shops,bars,bus stops. We liked so much we are going back same time next year. Highly reccomend this hotel if you are going to Palma Nova."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of May 2005

Deteriation since 2004

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"We stayed here i n January 2004, we were so impressed we stayed for 4 weeks in January 2005, what a difference.
No longer spotlessly clean, food was of a poor,cheap quality,a great dissapointment."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of February 2005

not my cup of tea

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Although we love the view, and location i have to say that i would not go back, it is ok (if your over 60yrs) we werent told that on booking. The decor was like that of a posh old folks home! but we made the most of it....maybe go back when i retire (in 30 yrs time)!!!!! But certainly not before."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of January 2005