Roc Portonova Apartments

Paseo Mar 2 Palmanova, 07181, Calvia, Majorca Spain

stunning views

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"just back today from these appartments
we paid £200 for a 2 bedroom appartment for a week so were not expecting anything special.The rooms are dated but spacious and clean and the kitchen is very well equiped.
the staff were very friendly and the indoor pool was a bonus as the weather was not great for the first 4 days.The views make up for location and to us a walk to the nearest restaurant or watering hole is something we enjoy
I travelled here with my partner and two kids age 10&6 and would reccommend this hotel to anyone but do not expect the RITZ as you are not paying for it"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of April 2007

Windswept n soaked over Easter!!!

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"After reading previous reports to say I was apprehensive was an understatement!! I was so terrified of staying at this hotel that upon our arrival I went straight round to the hardware shop, turn left out of hotel then left again, past Karens and then on the right!!
There I bought locks and chains to go round both patio doors for added security!! I also rented the safe for the 10 days we were there 'just in case'!! I did contact my travel agent and advised of my worries - they re-assured me that the hotel reports of break ins were all last year and nothing had been reported, so far, this year! I did stress that if we were to encounter any problems then I would be seeking legal advise to sue, maybe that was the reason we had an 'uneventful' holiday!! We found the hotel clean and tidy, although the maid did only clean every other day, and the kitchen was very well equipped with full oven, kettle and toaster!! Only problem we really came across was, due to the extremely bad weather, the older teenage kids were left to their own devices every nite in the hotel lobby, parents gone out for the evening, suppose its cheaper that way, and the younger children left to run around, playing football in the halls and screaming in the lifts!! As you can tell there is nothing at this hotel for anyone under 20 to do, and not really alot for the older generation either!! The only bar is the pool bar which opens if/when there is enough people about, so we ventured to the front in sheeting rain and found Hennessey's Bar - a God Send in our desperate hours!!! All in all not a cheap holiday and really dont know what this hotel has to offer to any age exept a clean bed for the nite - just keep your wits about you at all times."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of April 2007

Disgraceful

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"Please advise this hotel at all costs if you are young.

We stayed in this hotel. Staff were arrogant, unhelpful and unfriendly. One of our party was threatened by the man on reception for jumping in the pool at 3am. We were awoken by the manager and 2 policeman in our room and kicked us out after 5 days. Baring in mind it was 2 couples and 3 of us were not around when this incident happened. The member of staff turned it round the other way and told the manager he was threatened. The boy wthat was with us DID NOT threaten him, he laughed it off!!! We paid for 14 days and had no where to stay.

Anyway got kicked out and we realised we had left £200 sterling in the room, the staff said there was no money left behind. I know for a fact there was in the beside cabinet.

It just so happened our apartment was cleaned and there was another group moved in the apartment an hour and half after we left. Coinsidence??? I think not!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 24th of March 2007

The Pits, not the Rits!

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"I would avoid this hotel if you have any sense!!

We'd booked into the Roc illetas hotel, but when we arrived, we were told there'd been an overbooking and were given a room at the Roc Portonova instead.

Our room was dirty and dilapidated and our view was of the dumster at the back of the Chinese restuarant next to the hotel.
The room stank!!

The quality of the hotel, eneterntainment and accomodation was attricious.

I could go on, but why bother. If you think you are getting the Rits for your money, think twice. You'll be getting the pits and the only one's I'd recommend this too are the rats!!

ps: contact me if you have had a similar experience, as we are seeking compensation at the moment and would be interested to hear from others who had a similar experince - [email protected]"

• Travel date: Sat 26th of August 2006

Terrible Stay!

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"We stayed at Roc Portonova for 5 days before travelling to the other side of the island and on the third night our ground floor apartment was broken into and all our cash, electronics, clothes, makeup jewelery and perfume was robbed. People had broken in using a crow bar through the patio doors which were unsafe and had gaps in between the locks. This ruined our holiday. From then onwards we did not feel safe in that hotel at all and to make matters worse the hotel staff would not come and see the room for themselves but instead wished us to go back to the room until the following day when we were to see the manager. This was not right. We had lost everythin. We demanded another room and the police came out. However they were also no help at all.

We are very disappointed with what happened and this was probably our worst ever holiday in the roc apartments.

We are now claiming from our insurance company.

VERY UNSAFE"

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of July 2006

No problems

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"Stayed at the Roc in May 2006 paying less than £200 for the week. No problems at all with the hotel - right on the front over looking the sea and a small marina/yacht club, but not at all noisy. A few minutes walk from all the action. Hotel and room were fine - clean with all the facilities you need. All in all, great value for money and recommended for a cheap break."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of June 2006

Great Stay

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We stayed a week in May, 3 adults and 2 children. It was our first stay at these apartments and we would definately go back. The apartments are spacious and very clean and we had a lovely view of the small marina and sea. The balcony is huge and we sat out every evening just relaxing and enjoying the view. The staff were helpful and friendly. The apartments are located at the quiet end of Palma Nova and it is less than a 5 minute walk to the beach and the bars and restaurants. There is a very good bus service which is also only a 5 minute walk away. We will return again for another lazy week. We had read varying reports of problems at the Portonova but we heard nothing while we were there and had no problems. We would recommend these apartments to couples and families."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of June 2006

Great Apartments

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Stopped here in May 2006. Had a great time. The apartments are in a fantastic location right next to the beach. The staff are very friendly and cannot do enough for you. I would recommend this hotel for couples and families as is is in an excellent location not too far from the centre of Palmanova."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of May 2006

What a super place!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Myself and three friends went to the Portonova Apartments for a long weekend. We hadn't paid a lot so when we arrived and saw the Apartments we were absolutely delighted - Our 2 bedroomed apartment was extremely clean as well as being very spacious. Our view from the balcony was spectacular - we overlloked the harbour and in the distance Magaluf. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Palma Nova itself was beautiful, really clean and catered very well for children and the elderly - disabled access was available everywhere. The promenade was fantastic, and the beach was beautiful - lovely white sand.

We will be going back again next year and can't wait. I would highly reccomend both Palma Nova and the Portonova Apartments to anyone - singles, families and the elderly......"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of May 2006

very expensive

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"we have just returned from a week in Lanzarote and although the weather was brilliant I cannot say much for the prices. I was quite astonished at the prices of the drinks and I admit that a lot of the beers are imported but unfortunately they are passed on to the customer. One manager of a pub we frequented admitted that she had been there for 13years and she felt herself that the prices were disabling the tourist industry. One word in favour, its a very friendly place and eating out is quite reasonable. I would recommend The Dolca Vita Italion restuarant on the strip. Also our apartments The Portonova apartments were excellent value for money and I would definately go back there. Take lots of money with you if you are going."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of June 2005

Fab holiday

Reviewed Thu 1st of September 2011

"Just arrived home from a weeks holiday @ Roc Portonova, Lovely lovely holiday! I was dreading it to be honest after reading some of the reviews, yes the rooms were dated but aboslutely SPOTLESS!!!! Entertainment was very basic but there is so much near to the apartments it did not affect us at all! It is in the perfect location about a 5 minute walk and you are in the middle of some lovely resturants any type of food is offered! Would definately go back! David on reception always friendly and so helpful! There were six of us including 2 children. Thankyou Roc Portonova!"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of August 2011

Cannot fault it

Reviewed Thu 4th of August 2011

"We had booked a family holiday for May / June for a month for 2 kids, 2 adults and granny and granddad ( granddad has restricted mobility).
After booking, I was a bit worried as the reviews were mixed so I was not sure what to expect to be honest....
I was v. pleasantly surprised I must say. In fairness it is slightly worn at the edges but overall I found the Roc Portanova v clean, spacious and the staff were so helpful, professional and so accommodating that it made our holiday.
David (Hotel Manager) was as all the reports have stated - v. helpful and most obliging.

I will return to Palmanova next year and would I stay in the Roc again?. Most definitely.
We loved the little port outside. We loved that we were outside the resort but close enough to stroll everywhere.

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of August 2011

Hotels near Roc Portonova Apartments

Stayed at Roc Portonova Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Roc Portonova Apartments

• Silly Daddy by Silly Daddy

"Beutiful beaches, loads of bars and restaurants and a never ending supply of entertainment. "

• Tir na n by Tir na n

"Mocubar Restaurant 350 m along the seafront is nice with good kids meals but expensive enough !! "

• Hilary & family by Hilary & family

"Welcoming helpful staff, clean apartments. Lovely beach, harbour & view. "

• LucyLou2011 by LucyLou2011

"1st floor and upwards - As the view is amazing "

• stuart50 by stuart50

"fantastic indian restaurant within walking and good tapas bar and mexican "

• jmears by jmears

"best restaurant was tobu, great food bit exspensive but worth it "

• The Harrisons by The Harrisons

"That its a great place to stay if you want to experience Palma Nova/Magaluf "

• kevt2000 by kevt2000

"2 hour boat trip is well worth the money "

• Jane & Rob. by Jane & Rob.

"Karen's bar and taste of india! Golf Fantasia is a cracking little fun day out! "

Roc Portonova Apartments is also called