About Ponent Mar Aparthotel

• evening entertainment
  • norwegian amenities
  • catalan amenities

Good

Back again and lovin' it !!

Reviewed Wed 5th of August 2009

"Well after last year in May we went back as a family for the last week in July this year and once again it did not disappoint. My family and I think the Ponent Mar offers great value for money, great faclilties, Bahman and Ayesha keep the kids occupied without being in your face and the staff are all very friendly. We went self catering and made breakfast in the room - toast, tea cereals etc - you can stock up at the supermarket in the basement ( or the cheaper Eroski in town ) - don't bother hiring a kettle etc use a pan on the hotplate to heat the water and the gridle pan to make your toast !! Great fun !! We ate out of an evening and would recommend Natalies and the Miramar for well priced good food. The weather was superb - never below 30 degress when the sun was up - so the pool was most appreciated. Sure there are noisy kids there - its a holiday hotel remember - but some of them were mine afterall but we had such a great time again we have no doubt we'll be back and speaking to people by the pool some of whom were on their 10th visit to Ponent Mar shows they must be doing something right despite some of themore meanspirited comments previously. The towles ARE like greasproof paper though - not the end of the world is it?"

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of August 2009

Myself, my husband and my 4 year old son...

Reviewed Wed 23rd of July 2008

"Myself, my husband and my 4 year old son stayed in the Ponet Mar for 1 week in May. This hotel was fairly average. The cleanlyness wasnt up to standard and the towels provided were useless. Its the 1st time I have ever come across waterproof towels. The food was very poor and the Head of the resturant was awful, he wasnt at all child friendly and wasn't impressed if you ordered off the menu rather than eating from the buffet. On our first night there we choose to eat in the hotel as it had been a long day travelling. My son didnt want anything to eat only a slice of bread and it was a huge effort for the "head guy" to get this for him. When he did eventually give it to us it was very hard bread and my son (being only 4) didnt like it. This guy was not at all happy and I felt he held this against us for the rest of the week. We tried the evening buffet on another occassion, it served mainly seafood and salads which many kids dont/wont eat. The evening entertainment was rubbish and again not at all child friendly.
On the whole the hotel was very average but I wouldnt see myself rushing back there again."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of July 2008

Just got back from week at Ponent Mar -...

Reviewed Thu 24th of April 2008

"Just got back from week at Ponent Mar - fantastic hotel - facilities great - staff superb. What can I say - best family holiday in ages and will be back as soon as finances and the " credit crunch " permits !!
I would recommend Ponent Mar for a family holiday for anybody looking for peace, quiet and value for money."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of April 2008

as i had been transferred due to problem...

Reviewed Wed 16th of April 2008

"as i had been transferred due to problems at the hotel i was expecting to stay at, i wasnt very happy in the first place. when i got there the guy behind the key counter was so rude when we asked for a safe or a taxi...when we got into the room there was no electricity. the hotel looked really nice from outside but the rooms were small and cramped and the safes were all in one room instead of having your own safe in your own room. the look of the hotel is brilliant but the quality is disappointing...when i was transferred back to the original hotel,voranova(which has way worse reviews than this one), it didnt look as pretty as ponent mar but it had everything that ponent mar was missing."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of April 2008

Excellent Times At Ponent Mar!!!!!!

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"Well what can I say about the hotel, we stayed late September and the hotel was excellent. The rooms are spotless and made up every day. The pool is excellent with a snack bar next to the pool serving lunch.

Easy access to the front with a two minute walk into Palma Nova and a twenty minute walk into Magaluf. Ponent is located just off the front which is ideal for travellers with children so the noise is kept to a min.

The bar area is top notch and the staff are more than willing to help. The food is good quality and excellent value (9.50 euros for breakfast and 19.50 euros for evening meal including a bottle of wine for two people).

Internet access, however not wireless which would be more convenient. Overall an excellent place to stay, we have booked for this year........."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of April 2008

A great very memorable family holiday....

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2007

"A great very memorable family holiday. Rooms were kept very clean and the service was very polite and cheerful. Lacked a few sockets, the towels were waterproof (but in plenty) and there was no grill/toaster, just a 2 ring hob. Despite this there were too many nice things about this place - the view (need to book sea view), the location, the relaxed atmosphere, courteous staff, etc. I will go back as it is a great base to discover this lovely island - take the train to Soller and then the tram to Port Soller, shop and visit the cathedral in Palma, take a tour to the caves of drac, - take in as much as possible and you will never be disappointed. "

• Travel date: Fri 16th of November 2007

Could not fault these apartments!!!!!!

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"Just back (26/9/07) from a lovely 10 day holiday staying at the Ponent Mar, Palmanova ( 2 adults aged 35 & 38 with one child aged 3 from N.Ireland). We booked a one bedroom apartment with a sea view via Preston Travel Agents and booked our flights via the net.
We decided on the Ponent Mar because it ticked all the boxes - 4 star, self-catering facilities if needed, daily cleaning, over-looking the sea, great reviews. We were not disappointed - the staff were all friendly and the hotel was spotless. We have so many good memories from this holiday and having the Ponent Mar as our base made it just that much more relaxed and enjoyable.

One thing the guests all seem to joke about though is the towels - they seem waterproof???

Also they do have a laundry room - bottom floor, behind stairs, alongside indoor pool, through door for gym then its on the left - just in case you ever decide to visit this Gem of a place

Hello to all we met during our stay 16/9/07 - 26/9/07 - Brian, Ciara & Mia"

• Travel date: Thu 27th of September 2007

fantastic place

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"A great place to stay. The Ponent Mar is situated in the quiet end of Palma Nova and all of the rooms have a good view of the sea. The rooms are cleaned to a very high standard and the staff are cheerful, polite and helpful. We will definitely be returning for another holiday there."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of September 2007

Great hotel at great price

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"Ponent Mar proved to a great choice for my pre-wedding jaunt with selected bridesmaids. Beautifully situated and spacious apartments provided the ideal resting place in Palma nova.

I was slightly dubious when choosing accommodation in Palma Nova, dreading the thought of rowdy stag and hen party dominating the pool area! I can happily say my fears were completely unfounded, Ponent Mar was a welcome peaceful and tranquil break before my wedding.

Also booking directly with the hotel, I found the rates very reasonable - quite a bargain in fact (I think we paid £60 per night for an apartment sleeping 4) The views from the balcony were very good looking out over the sea and beach, benefiting from a lovely breeze.

I can thoroughly recommend Ponent Mar to Singles, couples and families , I will definitely return at some point in the future."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of July 2007

best holiday ever

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"just returned from these apartments they where great had a 1 bedroom seaview apartment which was plenty big enough for 2 adults and 2 teenage girls.loved palmanova plenty to do at nite the stadium karoke bar was great they had tribute bands on every nite we went to see abba one nite and take that another nite both were great .go to the pirates nite not to be missed well worth the money also western water park great day out.magaluf was good for a nite out but so glad we stayed in palma nova go to robinson cruisoes for a meal on the beach it was lovely.only little changes i would make to the apartments only 2 sockets in the whole apartment behind the tele nightmare with 3 ladies getting ready at night and no toaster only a griddle pan warm bread is not very nice but still we would go back tomorrow.booked with preston travel £739 and easyjet for the flights £430 best holiday weve had yet."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2007

a rare gem

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"Fantastic week- I could not find anything negative to say about this hotel- it lived up to our expectations having read the previous reviews. Exceptionally clean throughout and very stylish communal areas. We had booked a studio but asked to up grade and had the best view of Palma Bay from our balcony where we drank many a glass of wine. It isn't worth cooking as the restaurant has so much choice-the breakfast buffet is good value at about 7 euros and dinner was 14 including a bottle of wine between 2. The staff are very polite and helpful and I believe the staff turnover is very slow which is a good indication to good management. Other guests we spoke to had been coming for years and we will certainly be returning ASAP............"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of June 2007

A great stay

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"We booked a two room apartment, for three adults and a child.
The rooms were spacious, and very clean. We got new sheets and towels every day.
I will recommend to book directly, when this gives you extras. Like, free internet access from your room, you can keep your room past checkout, if it’s possible, and free towels to use at the pool.
The service was, all over, incredible, especially when a child in our group got sick and needed extra sheets, towels etc. They also wanted to help us finding a doctor if we needed that."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of May 2007