Ponent Mar

Calle Marques de La Torre 9, 07181 Son Caliu, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Good

Excellent Times At Ponent Mar!!!!!!

"Well what can I say about the hotel, we stayed late September and the hotel was excellent. The rooms are spotless and made up every day. The pool is excellent with a snack bar next to the pool serving lunch.

Easy access to the front with a two minute walk into Palma Nova and a twenty minute walk into Magaluf. Ponent is located just off the front which is ideal for travellers with children so the noise is kept to a min.

The bar area is top notch and the staff are more than willing to help. The food is good quality and excellent value (9.50 euros for breakfast and 19.50 euros for evening meal including a bottle of wine for two people).

Internet access, however not wireless which would be more convenient. Overall an excellent place to stay, we have booked for this year........."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of April 2008

Could not fault these apartments!!!!!!

Good

"Just back (26/9/07) from a lovely 10 day holiday staying at the Ponent Mar, Palmanova ( 2 adults aged 35 & 38 with one child aged 3 from N.Ireland). We booked a one bedroom apartment with a sea view via Preston Travel Agents and booked our flights via the net.
We decided on the Ponent Mar because it ticked all the boxes - 4 star, self-catering facilities if needed, daily cleaning, over-looking the sea, great reviews. We were not disappointed - the staff were all friendly and the hotel was spotless. We have so many good memories from this holiday and having the Ponent Mar as our base made it just that much more relaxed and enjoyable.

One thing the guests all seem to joke about though is the towels - they seem waterproof???

Also they do have a laundry room - bottom floor, behind stairs, alongside indoor pool, through door for gym then its on the left - just in case you ever decide to visit this Gem of a place

Hello to all we met during our stay 16/9/07 - 26/9/07 - Brian, Ciara & Mia"

• Travel date: Thu 27th of September 2007

fantastic place

"A great place to stay. The Ponent Mar is situated in the quiet end of Palma Nova and all of the rooms have a good view of the sea. The rooms are cleaned to a very high standard and the staff are cheerful, polite and helpful. We will definitely be returning for another holiday there."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of September 2007

Great hotel at great price

"Ponent Mar proved to a great choice for my pre-wedding jaunt with selected bridesmaids. Beautifully situated and spacious apartments provided the ideal resting place in Palma nova.

I was slightly dubious when choosing accommodation in Palma Nova, dreading the thought of rowdy stag and hen party dominating the pool area! I can happily say my fears were completely unfounded, Ponent Mar was a welcome peaceful and tranquil break before my wedding.

Also booking directly with the hotel, I found the rates very reasonable - quite a bargain in fact (I think we paid £60 per night for an apartment sleeping 4) The views from the balcony were very good looking out over the sea and beach, benefiting from a lovely breeze.

I can thoroughly recommend Ponent Mar to Singles, couples and families , I will definitely return at some point in the future."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of July 2007

best holiday ever

"just returned from these apartments they where great had a 1 bedroom seaview apartment which was plenty big enough for 2 adults and 2 teenage girls.loved palmanova plenty to do at nite the stadium karoke bar was great they had tribute bands on every nite we went to see abba one nite and take that another nite both were great .go to the pirates nite not to be missed well worth the money also western water park great day out.magaluf was good for a nite out but so glad we stayed in palma nova go to robinson cruisoes for a meal on the beach it was lovely.only little changes i would make to the apartments only 2 sockets in the whole apartment behind the tele nightmare with 3 ladies getting ready at night and no toaster only a griddle pan warm bread is not very nice but still we would go back tomorrow.booked with preston travel £739 and easyjet for the flights £430 best holiday weve had yet."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2007

a rare gem

"Fantastic week- I could not find anything negative to say about this hotel- it lived up to our expectations having read the previous reviews. Exceptionally clean throughout and very stylish communal areas. We had booked a studio but asked to up grade and had the best view of Palma Bay from our balcony where we drank many a glass of wine. It isn't worth cooking as the restaurant has so much choice-the breakfast buffet is good value at about 7 euros and dinner was 14 including a bottle of wine between 2. The staff are very polite and helpful and I believe the staff turnover is very slow which is a good indication to good management. Other guests we spoke to had been coming for years and we will certainly be returning ASAP............"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of June 2007

A great stay

Good

"We booked a two room apartment, for three adults and a child.
The rooms were spacious, and very clean. We got new sheets and towels every day.
I will recommend to book directly, when this gives you extras. Like, free internet access from your room, you can keep your room past checkout, if it’s possible, and free towels to use at the pool.
The service was, all over, incredible, especially when a child in our group got sick and needed extra sheets, towels etc. They also wanted to help us finding a doctor if we needed that."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of May 2007

Definately worth going

Good

"We had a Sea View apartment on the third floor - although the pine trees in the grounds obscure a lot of the view. Nice and clean apartment with large balcony with table and four chairs and quite private too.
Kitchen lacked a kettle though and other plug sockets (phone charger etc) difficult to access. Twin beds were quite comforatable and the apartment had lots of storage space too.
The hot water took a little while to come through the pipes indicating our apartment had not been occupied for a few days,
but when it did it was plentiful and quite hot enough.
All staff were very friendly and spoke good English (better than my Spanish). Breakfast buffet was very good and very reasonably priced at EUR6.10 each - although you can get a card from reception for the duration of your stay which makes it even cheaper. Outdoor pool very good and lunchtime restaurant at the pool side was excellent.
Only ate in the hotel one evening at the 'Mallorcan Buffet' which had a large range of dishes on offer - could be marked better as to what they are though.
All prices very good - Bars, Restaurants and own supermarket too - even the currency exchange rate was excellent.
Would definately go back again - although Palma Nova itself is not our taste - far too touristy and English oriented. The hotel grounds are well maintained and tidy and they also have games for younger guests to play - pinball, darts, pool, boules etc.
If you are unsure about booking don't be. You wont be disappointed."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of October 2006

The Best Place to Stay on the Island!

"This is without doubt one of the best places to stay in Majorca. My husband and 8 year old son spent 2 weeks at Ponent Mar and could easily have done another week. So what makes it so good? Firstly its 1/2 hour transfer from Palma Nova (we got a taxi about 32 euro). The hotel is spotless everywhere! The staff are friendly and helpful. The communal facilities are of a high standard - particularly the pool area. Lifeguard on duty all the time, again spotless, always could get a sunbed, great poolside bar doing nice food and amazing sea views and the pool is warm! We had a seafront ground floor 1 bed apartment and the views are breathtaking! The room is huge and the balcony is too. Best of all we could stagger out of our room walk about 10 paces and have the best meal ever! The a la carte restaurant is fairly priced about £10 for the best steak you ever tasted!
Just by our room was a gate leading to steps down to the sea where you could go crab fishing and snorkelling in crystal clear warm waters. The resort is lovely - 5 minute walk to super beaches, excellent standard of restaurants all along the main stretch, and no hooligans or union jack shorts in site! Turning right out of the hotel leads you into Son Caliu where there is small beach with a lovely restuarant (try the lasgne!) on the beach and a beach bar which does a great breakfast! We went to Westerns Waterpark in Magalluf (short cab ride) and my son got to swim with a sealion - for 25 Euro it was well worth it. There is an onsite supermarket for essentials but an excellent large supermarket about 10 minute walk away which top quality produce. Olivas bar just round the corner is worth visiting for snacks (cheaper than the poolside bar) and their "eat as much as you like for 5 euros curry night on a Friday!" Great value.
There are some nice shops to buy gifts and souveneirs, the Fantasy Crazy Golf is fun. The only negative thing I can say is that the evening entertainment is very low key and if we had not met up with a fabulous English family with kids our son would have got bored just going out to dinner every night. There is a good mix of nationalities which makes it feel cosmopolitan.
We would go again and recommend to everyone - and I rarely say that!"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of August 2006

Absolutely fantastic!!

"I stayed at these apartments for my Hen-do in 2004. We were after somewhere that was quite quiet, as there was only a small group of us (6 in total) and we're not really a rowdy lot.

We couldn't fault the apartments, and the pool was fantastic (life guard on duty all of the time, so perfect for families with small children).

It's a short walk to the promenade and beach, but we found that this was a good thing, after all, it gave us an opportunity to walk off our evening meal (and the drinks that we'd consumed), and meant that we were away from any bars (although there weren't actually any bangin' bars or clubs on the prom).

Unfortunately, we never ate at the restaurants in the evening, but the food that was served in the bar around the poolside was great! And the prices of the drinks were really reasonable (but I'm not sure how that would be 2 years later). We tended to eat out on the promenade, and there was a fantastic Cuban bar that we spent most of our time, which sold amazing food and really reasonable cocktails.

We stayed for three nights, and there was plenty for us to do, although we didn't actually make it to Fantasia Golf, which we were planning to go to.

An excellent hotel in a really lovely, and quite (but not too) quiet area! Highly recommended!!"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of June 2006

Back again and lovin' it !!

"Well after last year in May we went back as a family for the last week in July this year and once again it did not disappoint. My family and I think the Ponent Mar offers great value for money, great faclilties, Bahman and Ayesha keep the kids occupied without being in your face and the staff are all very friendly. We went self catering and made breakfast in the room - toast, tea cereals etc - you can stock up at the supermarket in the basement ( or the cheaper Eroski in town ) - don't bother hiring a kettle etc use a pan on the hotplate to heat the water and the gridle pan to make your toast !! Great fun !! We ate out of an evening and would recommend Natalies and the Miramar for well priced good food. The weather was superb - never below 30 degress when the sun was up - so the pool was most appreciated. Sure there are noisy kids there - its a holiday hotel remember - but some of them were mine afterall but we had such a great time again we have no doubt we'll be back and speaking to people by the pool some of whom were on their 10th visit to Ponent Mar shows they must be doing something right despite some of themore meanspirited comments previously. The towles ARE like greasproof paper though - not the end of the world is it?"

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of August 2009

Myself, my husband and my 4 year old son...

"Myself, my husband and my 4 year old son stayed in the Ponet Mar for 1 week in May. This hotel was fairly average. The cleanlyness wasnt up to standard and the towels provided were useless. Its the 1st time I have ever come across waterproof towels. The food was very poor and the Head of the resturant was awful, he wasnt at all child friendly and wasn't impressed if you ordered off the menu rather than eating from the buffet. On our first night there we choose to eat in the hotel as it had been a long day travelling. My son didnt want anything to eat only a slice of bread and it was a huge effort for the "head guy" to get this for him. When he did eventually give it to us it was very hard bread and my son (being only 4) didnt like it. This guy was not at all happy and I felt he held this against us for the rest of the week. We tried the evening buffet on another occassion, it served mainly seafood and salads which many kids dont/wont eat. The evening entertainment was rubbish and again not at all child friendly.
On the whole the hotel was very average but I wouldnt see myself rushing back there again."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of July 2008

Hotels near Ponent Mar

Stayed at Ponent Mar? Share your insight.

Ponent Mar is also called