The hotel is in a perfect location as it...

Reviewed Sun 15th of June 2008

"The hotel is in a perfect location as it is central to shops, beacher, bars etc. The hotel it self is avarage, we was lucky and got a very spacios room, however we had no sun on it so that was a bit rubbish!. Also you could hear everything your neighbours did and you could hear people walking above your head which kept me and my boyfriend up!
It is very clean, as the cleaners come in every day :D
The food is very poor, breakfast is ok, but the evening meals weren't really up to standard and by the time u got to your table the food was cold.
The staff were very nice and helpful
Overall it's a good hotel, but just needs to improve it's menu"

• Travel date: Sun 15th of June 2008

After being a bit worried by the other r...

Reviewed Thu 12th of June 2008

"After being a bit worried by the other reviews on this page i was kind of wondering what i was letting myself in for!! It turned out the hotel was lovely! Rooms are pretty basic but very clean! The beds are sooo comfy!! The pool area is a bit small but it was stated when i booked! It didnt really matter as the beach was accross the road!! The food is nothing special but fine for a week. You must try the hawian toast yum!! The waiters r nuts n very friendly! Hotel was right in the middle of all the shops and you can pick up busses right outside to Magaluf and Palma!
Beware if booking your trips with your rep as they will charge for children wen the actuall place does not! We got charged to take my 2 yr old daughter to marine land but when we got there we found under 3s are free!! The same also applies for Katmandu! Under 7s are free! But i wouldnt recomend it for the under 5s although our rep said it was fine! My 2yr old was petrified!!
All in all i had a lovely time staying at the Tropico and would def love to go back!"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of June 2008

well what can i say we were there 2 week...

Reviewed Wed 21st of May 2008

"well what can i say we were there 2 weeks and that was to long, hotel lovely and clean and nice position but thats about all it has for the hotel. the food was terrible CHIPS CHIPS AND MORE CHIPS oh dont forget PIZZA PIZZA AND YES MORE PIZZA! SAUSAGES in the morning were still uncooked and we had green on the bread for breakfast which was terrible the hotel had no entainment for children.i wouldnt go again unless they change the CHEF!"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of May 2008

5 seems like a bad score but the hotel o...

Reviewed Mon 12th of May 2008

"5 seems like a bad score but the hotel only comes down to a 5 through the food, the staff are brilliant, head waiter Cerilo is the life and soul of the place, all other staff from the bars to the cleanrs with the exeption of the chef I can't praise enough, but unfortunately this so called chef could not cook to save is life I did not have one meal that was worthy of calling decent, and I'm not the only one."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of May 2008

Just got back from a week at the tropico...

Reviewed Sun 11th of May 2008

"Just got back from a week at the tropico playa and certainly wont be going there again! We were in room 317 it was very basic with two single beds pushed together ,no tv and an awful view from the balcony overlooking roof tops . On the plus side there was plenty of hot water ,good cleanliness with regular maid service.we asked to keep the room for a few more hours due to a late flight but this was declined.
The staff were ok but not overly welcoming.
Worst bit was the food!breakfast was ok with the usual choice of food,the fried breakfast is not to be recommended though as swimming in grease,evening meals were terrible,limited choice,chips,chips and more chips and very little for children,we ate out most nights.
entertainment was virtually non existent,glad we didnt have children as they would have gone stir crazy!Drinks at bar were very expensive.
hotel is situated in a prime position very close to beach and shops,this is about all the hotel has going for it,all in all not to be recommended.

• Travel date: Sun 11th of May 2008

Me and my partner went to the tropico an...

Reviewed Mon 4th of February 2008

"Me and my partner went to the tropico and was really surprised, we had a great time.

the pool is small but who cares with the beach straight across the road.

perfect location, and only short taxi ride to magaluff about 4euro(bargain with the free drinks you get there) if you like wild nights out.

The food was nice always something we liked. came back half a stone heavier.(not so good).

everyone in hotel very friendly, pedro was my fav, what a lovly guy, felt just like home.
room always cleaned, and even left cleaners tips that they didnt take, so very honest staff.

would deff go back again, and cant wait."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of February 2008

I was delighted with this hotel. It was...

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2007

"I was delighted with this hotel. It was in the perfect location, the rooms were cleaned every day and very well, we had a lovely view from our balcony, the food for half board was excellent we ate breakfast and dinner there every day.

The staff were very helpful and friendly advising us where we could go etc. Great value for money would definitely go back. The only thing I think could be improved is the night entertainment."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of December 2007

As I am 13years old, I thought this was...

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2007

"As I am 13years old, I thought this was a great holiday and I loved every second. The hotel was very clean and was in a fantastic location.

There were a lot of things to do, such as the beach was about 10 metres away from the hotel and also two brilliant water park about 5 minutes down the road.

At night me and my dad went out as the entertainment in the hotel didn't look very exiting. We often went to the party palace MAGALUF which was very lively at night and full of clubs.

The hotels air conditioning was great as soon as you walked through the door after a hot day, but at night it was freezing.

The swimming pool was small and went from 1.3m at the shallow end to 1.9m at the deep end, so it was not very good for small children.

But overall I would love to come again!"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of October 2007

I have stayed at this hotel for the last...

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2007

"I have stayed at this hotel for the last 3 years, the staff have always been helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them if you require any help.

This year Pedro was the bar manager - what a polite person he is, also look for Angel in the dining room, he is a great laugh and will join in with the fun.

I was a little disappointed this year with the food, a lot of pasta meals and the deserts were poor. A lot of the menu was the same every couple of days, the chef lacked some imagination with the food menu.

Good run, clean Hotel.

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of October 2007

8 of us went altogether, my husband, me,...

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2007

"8 of us went altogether, my husband, me, 2 daughters, 2 sons and 2 grandsons. We had two rooms both on the 2nd floor of the main building, each had 4 beds and one had a cot but there was still enough room to get around the room. The bathroom was also spacious and very clean. The cleaners came in every day to give a quick tidy round and make the beds and give out clean towels. Overall the quality of the rooms exceeded expectations and both had a balcony overlooking the promenade and the sea.

My husband is a disabled traveller though he doesn't take a wheelchair we found that he required a scooter to enjoy the resort, which the hotel can help book for you. My husband had a three wheeler for a week for 65euros, which was very reasonable and he was able to travel all over Palma Nova into Magalluf and if we had known the way he would have used it to go to marineland.

Food, well what can be said apart from breakfasts you had everything going to your advantage with breakfasts running from 8am-10am you had typical hot ingredients - bacon, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, sausage, a different variety of potatoes like hash browns, potato croquettes etc, bread for toast in 3 varieties, bread rolls, cold meats, cheeses, fruit, yoghurts, a variety of cereals to choose from also you had make your own tea and coffee machines along with juices, so the variety was excellent (even though the same things were there everyday you had options on what to do what you wanted with them).

Evening meals were less fortunate, I spoke to the manageress (Shonagh) a very nice lady like a lot of the staff from Scotland, who explained that the managing director didn't want baked beans put on the buffet in the evenings so for a lot of children their meals were dry, as if you didn't like the one offering of veg per evening you had blown it. BUT if you asked Pedro if you could have some baked beans some arrived at your table from the kitchen which was great as our grandchildren loved them. This was the same if you wanted mash potato for them (instant mash). The food on the whole was good but the right combination of foods together for your main meals eg if you had roast meats you got scallop potatoes and on another night you had roast potatoes if you had chops etc one variety of veg which was bad for a buffet of its size. Lots of cold meats, salads, pasta salads, fruit, sweets cakes, on the whole repetitive but good tasting.

Pool area our kids loved it along with the pool bar yes a bit small but in Oct not a lot of people using it. My husband never saw it as it was up 14 stairs on another level same as the tv lounge. Entertainment staff Geraldine did her best 'bless her' (nicknamed jellybean) and the kids loved her. But some of the dodgy entertainment that was brought it was very iffy, a spanish singer trying to impersonate Tom Jones, well no more said on that subject.

The hotel was very clean in all areas, 24 hour reception, if you had any complaints about anyone these were dealt with quietly and efficiently. The staff were great Pedro and Rich mainly managed the bar but Pedro was also in the dining area with Angel a little old Spaniard that was great fun and all the kids tormented him about supporting Barcelona FC.

We would have no reservations about going back to this hotel again, oh by the way the air conditioning is free and boy we needed it. Hope this helps all you wanting to know the facts and not those just not giving the place a chance."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of October 2007

Just returned after 1 week at Tropico Pl...

Reviewed Sun 7th of October 2007

"Just returned after 1 week at Tropico Playa.

Rooms spacious and cleaned daily.

All staff are friendly either in reception, restaurant or behind the bar. Pedro and Rich make you welcome. Good choice of food breakfast and evening.

Location is superb.

Make sure you go to Pirate’s Adventure - brilliant night out.

Only downfall for this hotel is the entertainment staff.

Would go back again.

• Travel date: Sun 7th of October 2007

We were only there for 1 week. When we g...

Reviewed Sat 22nd of September 2007

"We were only there for 1 week. When we got there the staff were very pleasant and helpful.

When we went up to our room which was on the fourth floor the lift was a bit slow but got you there in the end, the room was very clean which had clean bedding every day and towels. The view from the balcony was wonderful; overlooking the beach and sea first thing in a morning was a very lovely sight.

There is a play area which is a pool table and some video games, the pool area has two pools; 1 a baby pool and the other 1 was very small which if there was loads of people you were fighting to get space, there was a food bar outside which was nice.

The dining room was also small, there was a variety of food so if you didn’t like 1 thing there was something else, the waiters are always on hand if you need anything.

The hotel was in a good location; cross the road and there’s the beach and up and down the street are shops and bars so not far to walk if you have problems with walking.

Only 1 more thing to say; go to Marineland and Aqualand for a lovely day out, money well spent and the kids will really enjoy it and so will you.

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of September 2007