Hotel Son Matias Beach

Calle Duque de Extremera 2, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Hello all, my wife and I went to the Son...

"Hello all, my wife and I went to the Son Matias in December 2007. Our first time there and it was brilliant.

We have nothing against kids but it was nice to be able to sit down and not hear kids squealing and bawling to all hours and running all over the place.

The staff are great and will do anything for you... this is a hotel for adults only... well no kids under 16.

ALL ROOMS LOOK OUT TO SEA ...we asked for a high room and were on the 7th floor - what a view. The weather was not at its best in December but was ok for having a little walk.

Plenty of entertainment... join in and make some friends.

Room was nice size and well cleaned. Bar might be a little on the expensive side.

If you are what is called a bit more mature and want to enjoy a holiday, try the Son Matias, honest this is great.

Plenty choice with the meals and plenty to eat.

The beach is about 20 yards away... a small pool but as said the beach is right on your door step.

We will be back but earlier in the year to get some sun. Please try it you will not be disappointed.

Have fun...WE DID... Thank you Son Matias, see you next year. George & Elsie."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of December 2007

This hotel was lovely very luxurious rig...

"This hotel was lovely very luxurious right next to the beach. The rooms were spacious with all the extras like air conditioning and TV & large balcony overlooking Palma nova and Palma!

And the food was amazing. The only downfall about the hotel is that the clientele is older, as I went with my partner we are both 22 we were the only young people in the hotel didn’t really bother us though as we were always out partying lol"

• Travel date: Fri 12th of October 2007

A lovely Hotel, warm welcome staff, nice...

"A lovely Hotel, warm welcome staff, nice food.

The swimming pool is clean, lots of available loungers. The pool bar was closed when we were staying there, however I believe it would be a wonderful asset.

The views are out of this world, right across the bay. It is a quiet hotel, no children whatsoever were there, and I believe it is an adult’s only hotel, no under 16's.

It was my husband’s birthday on our arrival and we came back to a bottle of Cava and the staff had sent a card. He was touched by this gesture and it made our stay more memorable.

What’s more is the entertainment in the height of the season would be great, it was the start of the season and just getting going... although I understand the hotel is open all year round, so I don’t know if entertainment is provided throughout the winter months also.

The daytime activities break the boredom and most people get involved in these activities.

All in all it is a lovely Hotel and would recommend it to anyone who hasn’t got children and wants a break from the screaming and shouting that can sometimes spoil a relaxing holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of May 2007

First class hotel. Food very good, plent...

"First class hotel. Food very good, plenty of choice.

Entertainment very good, organised game and competitions for all ages most of the day.
Temperature high 60f -low 70s.

It is located on the beach where most of the games are played.

We are pensioners and what we liked was no children under 16 years old.

We were there two weeks before Christmas, and intend to go back this year for Christmas."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

Just returned from a month in Son Matias...

Good

"Just returned from a month in Son Matias Beach Hotel.

Verdict - a great hotel worthy of its 3 stars in an equally great resort (Palma Nova).

Staff very friendly and helpful.

Guests all seem to know each other (they come back, year after year) and are prepared to chat at the drop of a hat. Entertainment a bit too "elderly" for me but ok if you are into old-time dancing and bingo.

Cabaret turns very varied - some excellent, some not so good (but then that's the same everywhere). The absence of children is a definite plus.

Drawbacks: - Bar prices a bit steep. Whole place feels rather like a comfortable old folks' home. Food isn't always piping hot. BEWARE the langoustines on the salad counter."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of January 2007

The best holiday me and my fiancé ever...

"The best holiday me and my fiancé ever had although we were the youngest couple their at 19, we had the time of our lives taking part in most activities we even won the Mr and Mrs on valentines day. The staff are so friendly it was sad to go we made some lovely friends whom we still keep in touch with.

The food was brilliant there was even a Mexican theme night where some of the staff dressed up! With the beach right outside the views were amazing. It was so good that we are going back this October and taking my parents it was fabulous! I’m so looking forward to going again!"

• Travel date: Tue 9th of May 2006

The (adults only) hotel was like a giant...

Good

"The (adults only) hotel was like a giant day centre. There were activities every day up to six or seven to choose from. The tour guides were better than Butlins redcoats.

Tea Dance every day at 4. Evening Cabaret or show. British TV in your room included Sky 1 and Sky sports. The facilities included swimming pool with hoist for disabled guests. A heated outdoor Jacuzzi.

It was right on the beachfront walk. The staff were friendly and helpful."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of December 2005

We have stayed at the above hotel for la...

"We have stayed at the above hotel for last 7 years and have also taken friends you could not find better that this hotel.
we have made many friends over the years and we meet up every year.
staff are also friends.

excellent food. staff, entertainment staff.
having the beach at hand is very good shops are handy and Palma Nova a lovely resort.
I take pensioners with me every year and the staff fall over themselves helping them and making sure everyone and everything is 100%.

We diet for our holidays so we can eat the lovely food and there is something to suit everyone
excellent!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of December 2005

Extremely surprised and delighted with h...

"Extremely surprised and delighted with hotel. Although we were booked half board we did not expect to eat every meal there, but we did. The food was excellent and because of the wide selection there had to be something on the buffet that you could eat. All the staff were very friendly and courteous and nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them. The rooms were cleaned every day and if you so wished you could have fresh clean towels every day.

The entertainment was not actually to our choice as we don’t do bingo and ballroom dancing etc, but once again you cannot please everyone and at least entertainment was provided. We would of liked to of seen some younger activities available because the hotel seemed to cater for 60 and upwards the particular week we were there. One of the most impressive things available to guests was the electronic scale available free of charge in reception in order to weight your cases and cut out the cost of excess baggage. This was an adult only hotel which also suited us. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and will definitely stay there again.

• Travel date: Mon 14th of November 2005

We stayed here in May 2003 and it was ex...

"We stayed here in May 2003 and it was excellent. It was week 1 of a stay and cruise holiday. We liked the hotel so much that this year we are forgetting about the cruise and just staying at the hotel for 12 days. Everything about the hotel was marvellous from the staff to the food to the entertainment in the evenings. I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to anyone. another really good point was they do not allow children in the hotel so you can really relax and enjoy the peace and quiet if you feel that way."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of March 2003

Hotels near Hotel Son Matias Beach

Stayed at Hotel Son Matias Beach? Share your insight.