Hotel Son Matias Beach

Calle Duque de Extremera 2, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca Spain

first time abroad

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"first time abroad, what a fantastic hotel, and wonderful staff, especially bernie restaurant staff, wont forget his charm , ellie"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of May 2006

Never Lets Us Down

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"We have stayed here on 5 occasions (Alone, With Mother And With Grand kids). Always a great place to stay, good value, good grub and excellent service. Having read through this, I think we are due another visit. If you are looking for a great base for Palma Nova or Magaluf, give the Son Matais a try, I am sure you will be impressed."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of May 2006

The best holiday me and my fiancé ever...

Reviewed Tue 9th of May 2006

"The best holiday me and my fiancé ever had although we were the youngest couple their at 19, we had the time of our lives taking part in most activities we even won the Mr and Mrs on valentines day. The staff are so friendly it was sad to go we made some lovely friends whom we still keep in touch with.

The food was brilliant there was even a Mexican theme night where some of the staff dressed up! With the beach right outside the views were amazing. It was so good that we are going back this October and taking my parents it was fabulous! I’m so looking forward to going again!"

• Travel date: Tue 9th of May 2006

First time

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"This was a last minute break booked by my wife, the first time we had flown and the first time to Mallorca. Being both in our 50's we were a bit aprehensive about the hotel being full of rowdy teenagers (we've 4 of those at home!). We booked with Going Places on Saturday and flew out on Monday. We arrived at Palma in the dark, accomodation allocated on arrival. We arrived at the Son Matias about 22:00, and on entering our room were suitably impressed. We could hear the sea, but not see it. The room was clean and well decorated. The next morning on opening the curtains (light proof!) we were very impressed with the view. We were right on the beach, a superb view of the beach. The hotel was superb. Clean, well equipped, and at this time of year we were the youngest guests! It was quiet at night, no problems sleeping. The food was outstanding. We stayed HB, and the self service buffet always had loads of variety. The staff were great (especially Bernie!!) There was some fair entertainment in the evenings. The only problem we had was that on the one evening we wanted to watch Man Utd play on TV we had to leave after 10 mins because the TV was in the smoking area of the bar. A minor problem. We visited Peguera and Palma, where we went on the train to Soller. We only had 4 days, but we will definately return to Mallorca, there is so much of the island we want to see.. The public transport was cheap and efficient, although rather busy at times. Our holiday was perfect from start to finish. We drove from Cumbria to Manchester Airport, the car parking was without a hitch, the flight was on time and arrived early. The hotel could not have been better, Mallorca is beautiful, the weather was great. As you may have gathered, we liked it."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of May 2006

Fantastic Hotel

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"The Son Matias Hotel has to be one of the best I've stayed in for overall enjoyment. The staff are absolutely fantastic and very helpful. The rooms where fairly standard but had great sea views. The food was good and the entertainment was varied. This was definately an older persons hotel especially as it was so early in the season. But even though I am only early forties I enjoyed it all the same. I would not hesitate in recommending the hotel to anyone especially as there where no little kids running around!
I will be making a return trip in the near future for sure."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of May 2006

Fantastic

Good
Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"Went to this hotel last year great out of this world food fantastic staff helpful and friendly entertainment every night good and funny hotel clean near by attractions accessible but far enough away from the noise at night no children under 12 lifts clean and tidy corridors clean and tidy would recomment to all"

• Travel date: Sat 4th of March 2006

The (adults only) hotel was like a giant...

Good
Reviewed Tue 27th of December 2005

"The (adults only) hotel was like a giant day centre. There were activities every day up to six or seven to choose from. The tour guides were better than Butlins redcoats.

Tea Dance every day at 4. Evening Cabaret or show. British TV in your room included Sky 1 and Sky sports. The facilities included swimming pool with hoist for disabled guests. A heated outdoor Jacuzzi.

It was right on the beachfront walk. The staff were friendly and helpful."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of December 2005

We have stayed at the above hotel for la...

Reviewed Sun 4th of December 2005

"We have stayed at the above hotel for last 7 years and have also taken friends you could not find better that this hotel.
we have made many friends over the years and we meet up every year.
staff are also friends.

excellent food. staff, entertainment staff.
having the beach at hand is very good shops are handy and Palma Nova a lovely resort.
I take pensioners with me every year and the staff fall over themselves helping them and making sure everyone and everything is 100%.

We diet for our holidays so we can eat the lovely food and there is something to suit everyone
excellent!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of December 2005

Extremely surprised and delighted with h...

Reviewed Mon 14th of November 2005

"Extremely surprised and delighted with hotel. Although we were booked half board we did not expect to eat every meal there, but we did. The food was excellent and because of the wide selection there had to be something on the buffet that you could eat. All the staff were very friendly and courteous and nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them. The rooms were cleaned every day and if you so wished you could have fresh clean towels every day.

The entertainment was not actually to our choice as we don’t do bingo and ballroom dancing etc, but once again you cannot please everyone and at least entertainment was provided. We would of liked to of seen some younger activities available because the hotel seemed to cater for 60 and upwards the particular week we were there. One of the most impressive things available to guests was the electronic scale available free of charge in reception in order to weight your cases and cut out the cost of excess baggage. This was an adult only hotel which also suited us. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and will definitely stay there again.

• Travel date: Mon 14th of November 2005

We stayed here in May 2003 and it was ex...

Reviewed Mon 31st of March 2003

"We stayed here in May 2003 and it was excellent. It was week 1 of a stay and cruise holiday. We liked the hotel so much that this year we are forgetting about the cruise and just staying at the hotel for 12 days. Everything about the hotel was marvellous from the staff to the food to the entertainment in the evenings. I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to anyone. another really good point was they do not allow children in the hotel so you can really relax and enjoy the peace and quiet if you feel that way."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of March 2003

Hotels near Hotel Son Matias Beach

Stayed at Hotel Son Matias Beach? Share your insight.