About Hotel Seramar Comodoro Playa

• spanish amenities
  • hot tub
  • paid internet
  • desk
  • paid private parking on site
  • billiards
  • catalan amenities

a great holiday

Reviewed Mon 17th of October 2011

"Myself and my two teenagers enjoyed our stay here for a week in mid October. the beds were comfortable, room clean, shower had good pressure too. We loved the quality and variety of food, new choices every day. The staff were really helpful and friendly too. Loved it! felt right at home. They had some entertainment on which 2 out of 4 was good enough to stay in for. It was great to have a go at belly dancing!
Location was brilliant, right near the beach and not far from the bars of Magaluf and the noise didn't wake us.
downside was that on first night we were transferred to another hotel as they didn't have a room available, but we were back just after breakfast so only delayed twelve hours.
Would definitely return and recommend to others."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of October 2011

Great hotel but too near Magaluf

Reviewed Fri 20th of May 2011

"We are a couple well travelled and with experience in the hotel buisness. This hotel sells itself short. It has new owners who could cut out the downmarket single sex three day loss leaders by upgrading the bedrooms with very little effort. The beautiful beach views from the rooms sell this hotel with not much effort. We booked one week fully inc and was surprised to find a great atmosphere created by the friendly staff. The food was good and well presented and the dining room pleasant. Its easy to get around the island by bus, and the sightseeing boat is a very enjoyable cruise around the coast. Book if you dont mind hen and stags being noisey at night, who looked out of place in the hotel at daytime"

• Travel date: Thu 19th of May 2011

Clean, friendly and fantastic views!

Reviewed Tue 5th of April 2011

"I booked a 3 day break with my mum without researching the resort or the hotel. We were very pleasantly surprised; the hotel staff are fantastic; so friendly, helpful and understanding. It was clean, good situation and the room was spacious and comfortable. Mum would have liked tea-making facilities in the room.

It`s probably not what 4* should be, in terms of the food, but value for money in March - Yes!

We had 3 days of gorgeous sun and sea, so it was fine. The only disappointing thing was the 15 northern blokes on a stag do, who were so inconsiderate and noisy, that everyone, not just us, were glad to see them go!! The hotel staff were very supportive with this matter, and I`d like to say a big thank you !!"

• Travel date: Mon 4th of April 2011

Stag Party Central.

Reviewed Thu 28th of May 2009

"This hotel is struggling for bookings so has decided to fill the place with stag and hen parties! My wife and I had left the Kids with the grandparents and had 5 days together, so headed for the Comodoro. When we arrived on the Friday there was a group of 27 blokes checking in at the same time. The place was in an uproar till they left on Monday morning. The pool was quiet for a couple of hours, then 25 blokes from a football team booked in! They were worse than the first lot and were throwing chairs etc into the pool.

Groups of lads aside, the hotel is never a 4* and the food was rubbish. We ate out 2 of the 5 nights. All inclusive guests were only allowed one drink at a time per person at the bar!

I'll never be back to this place."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of May 2009

Went to comodoro with 6 guys on stag par...

Reviewed Tue 3rd of June 2008

"Went to comodoro with 6 guys on stag party.
GOOD POINTS... lovely and clean hotel,most of the staff very nice and helpful,one or two very ignorant. great location,food very good although could have been hotter ( better menus at lunch than at dinner ).next to beach.
BAD POINTS.... room security very poor with a flimsly little snib to lock your balcony door. Nothing available to eat or drink after 11pm. Pool area good although only gets sun half the day.
OVERALL... the hotel was like staying in an old folks home,average age was 60+ and a group of guys simply did not fit in,people were playing dominos and cards all day and we were constantly getting told by staff to be quiet. It reminded us of the film CACOON, why they don"t advertise it for old retired people only is beyond me.
They told us on day 1,be quiet and no trouble,which is fair enough but if someone told a joke at the table and you laughed you were told to quieten down,give us a break it was our holiday also.
I WOULD NEVER GO BACK WHICH IS A PITY AS IT IS A GOOD HOTEL WHICH SHOULD ADVERTISE THAT THEY WANT OLD PEOPLE ONLY AS YOUNG PEOPLE DIDN"T FIT IN,AND IT WAS NOT JUST OUR GROUP THAT FELT THE SAME WAY!!!!

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of June 2008

I went to this hotel on a girls holiday...

Reviewed Fri 16th of May 2008

"I went to this hotel on a girls holiday last year. Myself an 5 other women of various ages had the best holiday we could have imagines.
This was only my second holiday abroad since i was 7 and i'm now 21.
Right from the moment we arrived in the hotel we all noticed how clean and airy it was. The guy on reception was exteremely and was always smiling and making jokes with us making us feel very welcomw. We were shown straight to our rooms and immediately noticed how clean they were. Nice crisp sheets on the bed, fluffy towels in the bathroom and a fridge to put in any of our own cool drinks and the views of the beach were spectacular.
The food was very nice and always had a large selection of choices each time you went in. Many reviews have said that the food is repetetive which some may agree with but because there is so much to chose from each time it is easy to avoid the previous days' dish.
The entertainment was good although the bingo was a bit expensive even though the prizes were quite high.
There is no limit to the amount of alcohol you can buy under your all inclusive card which is great for young holiday makers.
Nighlife in Magalluf is literally a five minute walk from the hotel so you are never short of things to do and through the day there is a wide choice of shops nearby.
Overall this was such a great hotel and holiday we are returning this year and hopefully next."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of May 2008

Hotel was nice, the reception staff were...

Reviewed Sun 11th of May 2008

"Hotel was nice, the reception staff were friendly and helpful, the bar staff were extremely rude and the food was basic with not much choice. The location was ideal but would not stay in this hotel again."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of May 2008

We stayed here for 5 nights and would re...

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2007

"We stayed here for 5 nights and would recommend this hotel only for adults. There is nothing for children here but a freezing pool that is out of the sun most of the day. The food was adequate and the service good. The rooms very lovely and clean and the sea view was great.

The right place for a quiet serene break but I wouldn't advise families to book as the entertainment at night was very poor. The karaoke machine had about 29 songs, most of which I'd never heard of and I'm a cabaret singer!

The staff were friendly and polite and most spoke good english. I would go back, but only on a bed and breakfast stay next time as most of the dishes were fish fish and more fish! Boy do I hate fish!

Outside the hotel was great. Plenty of night life and some lovely eateries. Sits right on the beach, but beware of the people selling cans of coke etc. " cans=10 euros!!!

ENJOY!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of October 2007

My husband and I have just returned from...

Reviewed Wed 12th of September 2007

"My husband and I have just returned from a 10 day stay at the Comodoro Playa Hotel in Palma Nova. I have mixed reviews about this hotel, in terms of cleanliness I could not dispute that the hotel was immaculately tidy and clean and the maid service in our room was impeccable. I agree with a lot of other reviews that the hotel in my opinion does not warrant a 4 star grading. I have stayed in other 4 star establishments in Majorca which were way superior.

The room we we allocated was overlooking a flat felt roof (the dining room I expect) so we had a somewhat obscured view of the sea yet I suppose it was a view as described in the brochure. Security was a bit lacking as people could easily access from another room on the same floor if they so wished- only a very flimsy snib held the door shut. A table and two chairs were placed on this small terrace area yet we never used them as the front of the hotel is never actually in the sunlight due to the hotel's positioning. Also there are no lights outside so we couldn't even read a book outside at night if we so wished. This was a bit disappointing. The room definitely could have benefited from having a fridge - so that you could have a drink sitting on the balcony (in the dark). The room itself was very spacious with tons of wardrobe space. On a safety note however I feel the need to point out that in the bathroom a hair-dryer is permanently wired in (so that it cannot be removed from the bathroom). This I understand but when the shower was in use, the bathroom floor continually flooded with water which on occasions even flowed out into the hallway. Not only is this a serious slipping hazard but also the likelihood of being electrocuted from standing on a wet floor is greatly increased. I don't think this would pass safety standards in the UK.

The food in the restaurant was adequate - lunch had greater variety than dinner. The staff sometimes appeared overwhelmed and couldn't clear away dishes and reset tables in time, so often we had to get our own cutlery and napkins. This was particularly evident in the mornings - I wasn't too bothered about that though. Another issue surrounding meal times was the very strict time slots allocated for meals. Breakfast 8-10, Lunch 1-3. Dinner 7-9. If you expect to saunter down at ten minutes to the cut-off time then there is nothing left to eat. In fact the chef comes out at one minute before the hour and starts clearing everything away and the restaurant doors are firmly shut - so be warned arrive early.

The swimming pool is unfortunately in the shade for most of the day so getting a sunbed isn't an issue as most people go to the beach. This could be a problem if you have children, however there doesn't appear to be much for them to do. As I wasn't all inclusive this didn't really bother me but if you are restricting yourself to spending money on the basis of using all inclusive around the pool area this will not be lucrative for you.

All in all a pleasant stay but if I book a four star hotel again in Palma Nova I would like it to be a DEFINITE 4 star not a three star in disguise."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of September 2007

To put this review into context we are a...

Reviewed Thu 30th of August 2007

"To put this review into context we are a young couple, mid 20's. We stayed at the Comodoro before, in 2005 and were so impressed we decided to return this year.

The hotel itself is impressive when you enter it, in that it is very clean and well decorated, and there is always a concierge on duty to assist with your needs. The rooms are spacious and all have a sea view-the view is excellent.

As we were all inclusive we made the most of food and drink. The food was good, always a varied selection, lots of meat and fish, big salad selection and always some type of pasta. The drink is good, and the measures very large! I often had wine with my meal and it was very nice. The bar staff were always very pleasant and tried hard. Restaurant staff perhaps a little less friendly but still did everything to make your stay pleasant.

The only poor thing about this hotel is the standard of entertainment. Poor to say the least. We had karaoke, belly dancing, traditional Spanish dancing, a parrot show, a quiz, a clown and a Spanish singer. The clown was the worst of the lot. Every trick he did he messed up in some way. The parrot show lasted half an hour and was nothing you haven't seen on TV before. The rest was OK but not anywhere near what entertainment should be in a 4* hotel.

However, we made the most of the entertainment while we had our all inclusive drinks then went off to the bars outside for entertainment.

Have to recommend that you visit the Pirates show in Majorca, it is one of the best nights about.

• Travel date: Thu 30th of August 2007

We had a fantastic stay at this lovely h...

Reviewed Thu 3rd of May 2007

"We had a fantastic stay at this lovely hotel. We can honestly say that the food was very good, there was lots of choice for every meal and the service was excellent.

The rule of thumb for all inclusive - try a little of everything, and try to remember your not in England. Although there were plenty of fish 'n' chips!!

The hotel it's self was in a superb location a stone’s throw from the beautiful beach and WOW, what views from the hotel rooms.

The rooms were cleaned daily and the staff were very friendly.

There were more than enough sunbeds in the pool area, but the pool was freezing!!

I will say is that I can imagine the resort can become very noisy in high season. We did have a bit of noise in the early hours, not from the hotel or its guests but from people outside on the street but hey that can happen anywhere.

As for us we will most definitely be going back again."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of May 2007

I had read reports on another review web...

Reviewed Tue 7th of November 2006

"I had read reports on another review website and almost changed hotel. It was only after finding this site (and being told it would cost £150 to change hotels) that I decided to grin and bear it, and ask to change if need be. I needn't have worried.

I and my husband are in our 40's, and had taken our 7 year old nephew. We arrived at 2am on Sunday, and were greeted by the night reception man and told where our room was. We were also told that there was fresh fruit and bottled water in the room. 10 minutes after arriving we had a phone call to tell us that there was plated cold meat and salad and drinks available in the restaurant, if we wanted it. This was new to us as after being on many all inclusive holidays, and arriving in the early hours of the morning, this was the first time this had been offered.

The hotel was clean, the room was massive - we overlooked the pool on the first floor and the views were superb of Palma Nova bay. The food was fine, plenty of choice and it was never cold.

The pool was not in the sun for very long so we spent most of the time on the beach, but it cost 9 euros a day for 2 sun-loungers and a parasol. We went to the Western Water Park - much better than Aqua-land as there were also shows. Also went to Marine-Land - the dolphin show is just spectacular - I could watch it all day. We also went to the Pirates show - a must if you have kids - fantastic!!

The entertainment in the hotel was not up to much - the bingo was £10 euros for 2 sheets of 6 tickets - you could win a fair bit, but it cost a lot if you didn't win, and it didn't last long. Becky tried hard to get people involved in different things, but as most guests were in their fifties and beyond, she didn't really stand a chance, but such a nice girl - she lived around the corner from us back home. We missed the only singer when we went to the Pirates show. We also went most nights at about 10.00 (so only missed an hour of the all inclusive drinks, which were very plentiful) to Pachas bar as they had live entertainment - free - and the shows we saw were superb - Madonna, Blues Brothers, Lionel Richie.

We did have the break we were expecting - the sun on our backs, some relaxation time and a deserved break, and I think the hotel does deserve the 4 star rating, if only for the views. We would go back again for the location as much as anything else. You can always find entertainment around and about.

• Travel date: Tue 7th of November 2006

Hotels near Hotel Seramar Comodoro Playa

Top traveller tips for Hotel Seramar Comodoro Playa

• booboy66 by booboy66

"The Godfather Restaurant just outside the Hotel was very good and always busy. "

• Claire + mum by Claire + mum

"Hire a car and see the rest of the island. It`s supposed to be beautiful, and not so touristy! "

• holidayaddict by holidayaddict

"stroll along the prom to the second bay and enjoy the fishing from the rocks "

Hotel Seramar Comodoro Playa is also called