Hotel Don Bigote

Calle Paris 1, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Home From Home

"I have stayed along with my family and friends twice every year for the last 10 yrs at the Don Bigote.
And most yrs you will see the same faces so i cant be alone in my comments about the hotel
I phone Pepe on reception and tell him what room i want and when i get there my room is always ready.
All the staff i find very helpfull some we even go out drinking with
I like the hotel that much i have already booked to go in June & October
And across from the hotel what is in my opinion the best bar in Spain Cafeteria Amigos"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of February 2006

gud apart from staff

"me and 8 of my friends had a girly holiday
first night we got there someone tried to grab my bag in the lift they were spanish.
on a night people kept slamming doors cud not sleep at all.and the guard on the front door took are key off us and said he would throw us out would never go bk big style...."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of January 2006

Never Again

"I have stayed at the don bigote twice, first time not too bad as it was a girly holiday and it was a cheap price. But the second time I went with my partner it was a totally different experience. The food had gone down hill (big time) I can still remenber the distgusting under-cooked eggs for breakfast. I thought that the hotel staff in the restaurant were quite nasty (not all of them) but I remember two staff in particular who actually told me off for swapping my knife as mine was dirty. I was most upset!!! The rooms were clean, but the staff and food put me off for good."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of January 2006

Fab!!!!

"Stayed for 11 nites in June 05 with boyfirned, everything is within walking distance. Hotel staff very friendly, cleaned rooms daily and fresh towels. Pool area clean and also kid free! Mainly aimed at 18-30's but did see a few of the older generation just relaxing too. Food was excellent, apart from our last morning breakfast, but I came down with the flu so that's why! All the bars and clubs in Magaluf were excellent, mainly went with our tour operators suggestions! Would advise people to go and see Pirates, absolutely fabulous show which includes food and drink!

All in all, we had a fab holiday (my first time there but boyfriend been before with mates) and would definitely go again with friends or on our own!!"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of January 2006

absolutely brilliant

"Booked with Good Place to Go and we thoroughly enjoyed it, would recommend to a mixture of groups, couples not really for families though. This hotel does not have many kids so therefore the kids will get bored, however there is lots to do nearby and western park and marineland is only a taxi ride away about 5 euros.

Take my advice and go to the reunions as everybody from scotland seems to be talking about them in glasgow in january with Magaluf Uncovered and Good Place to Go"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of November 2005

Best hol ever!

Good

"We were worried about this hotel as only 2* but it was cleaned everyday with fresh towels. The staff are fab! especially the bar staff, very friendly. Pool v clean, nice english food and not too loud in evenings and early mornings. Hotel entertainment good and lots of day and night life out of hotel. Best holiday ever! would definately go back"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of September 2005

Great!

"I Loved this hotel! I wasnt expecting the best because it was 2 star but i was surprised when i got there and would recommend it to anyone wanting to go on a girly holiday like we were! Its close enough to magaluf for all the clubs and bars but far enough away to keep noise to a minimum! the foods not great but thats probably because we were quite fussy! There is a good selection though! If u go dont waste your money on BCM its not as good as what its made up to be! Go to Bananas its much better and its 2 for 1 on all the drinks and when you pay to get in there u get entry to 4 other places so its well worth the money! The Hotel Don Bigote was great for us but i wouldnt recommend it to families!"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of September 2005

Loved it!!!!!! Apart from the unpleasant security guard n receptionists

"Me and three mates stayed in the don bigote although we loved every minute of it and would love to go back the hotel needs to not accept 18- 30 holidays if there are going to be unplaesant with the groups. We met some class people and they made our hols! But we had an awesome time n would definately recommend it!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 5th of September 2005

Nightmare

"We have stayed at the DON BIGOTE twice before and we were looking forward to our holiday as we have always enjoyed our stay, unfortunatley we were disappointed to find that the food had gone down hill ( pork, fish or omlettes ). Also we were put in a smaller room despite the fact that it had to hold three beds which left no space for suitcases or walking area at all. We were most annoyed and certainly won't be rushing back. We also suspect that money was taken from our safe although no sign of forced entery was evident. We also got bites in which we thought were flea bites. I would advise people to choose another establishment for their holidays."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of August 2005

lovely place

"Went on a girly holiday sept 2004. Arrived at night so couldn’t really see much of the hotel. We booked in and our room was on the top floor, we had to lug our bags up 7 flights of stairs because the 2 lifts were full and there was a massive queue for them. Once we finally got to our room, we were shocked too se that it was all messy and dirty, the maids hadn’t cleaned it. So we struggled back down to reception to complain. The manager apologised to us and put us another room, this time on the 3rd floor. Much better!! Gr8 view of the pool, (which we believe that it is shaped like a willy!) the room was lovely, all white and very airy. It does get really hot so the air con is useful. The food was fine. Breakfast is better than dinner. But there were all different kinds of food to suit peoples tastes. The beach is lush. There is fish swimming around your feet in the sea, and many water sports to choose from. We went on lots of excursions such as the Water Park and Pirates night. That is such a wicked night. The booze cruse was ok. Couldn’t get off the boat due to the huge amount of massive jellyfish in the sea that wanted to circle our boat!! Didn’t matter though more drinking time!! The nightlife was soooo good. Every club & bar was excellent. BCM was the best night cub. 2 for 1 drink in most places. Fish bowls are crap, there’s 90% fruit juice in it! Don’t waist your money on them! All in all a wicked holiday! Would deffo go back to the don bigote hotel!"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of July 2005

Just got back

"Just got back from this hotel and it deserves more than 2 star. The rooms were cleaned every day, the hotel was spotless, the food was very good and always hot. The staff were very helpful. We are both in our seventies, and would we go back, YES"

• Travel date: Sat 21st of May 2016

good value for money. Couple in ealy sixties.

Good

"My week was from the 30th September to the 7th of October.The Don Bigote was scheduled to close on 10th of October for renovation so will probably be less affordable in future. As stated in other reviews the room and balcony are a little bit on the small side but adequate.The bathroom is a good size and the obsolete bidet has been removed. The air conditioning is good.There are old fashioned radiators in the bedroom and bathroom.There were a considerable number of disabled guests and several sit on scooters are available in the lobby.
We stayed on the sixth floor and had no issues with noise from within the hotel and the street outside was reasonable with no undue noise.The 2 lifts were adequate. The hotel is in a good location and the beach and local shops and bars a short walk away.There were a couple of young parties booked in for hen do,s but they were on the lower floors. Apart from some of these unladylike ladies swearing around the pool area ( souse accents ) we had no issues. There were very few young children there so it did not really create a problem.
The restaurant was perfectly adequate for the star rating. The breakfast was the usual Spanish sausages and bacon which all the major can hotels serve. Egg choice was boiled or fried.My wife usually lives on scrambled egg so was disappointed. There was only one toaster so queues formed in that area.Plenty of cereal fruit yoghourt for non cooked breakfast people.The evening meal offered a good 2 star choice.
There is no TV in the room but we did not really miss it . The bar has only one small TV and prices are much higher than the surrounding bars so was not greatly used. Entertainment was just bingo and karaoke.
This hotel suited our needs.I would go again and bring my own small kettle as apart from no tea making facilities it meets all the basic needs.I hope the refurbish is not so extensive that prices rocket off."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of October 2013

Hotels near Hotel Don Bigote

Stayed at Hotel Don Bigote? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Don Bigote

• cazwell_1307 by cazwell_1307

"Lush bar Magaluf was amazing, BCM, and all the other bars on the strip "

• enielle by enielle

"La Cucharaca for excellent mexican food and atmosphere "

• chaderzzzzz by chaderzzzzz

"Go to BCM in Magluf coz you will regret not going if you don "

• pre78 by pre78

"Banana Joes is excellent, and literally round the corner from Don Bigote!! "

• Jill09 by Jill09

"banana joes is a must "

• molsieuk by molsieuk

"Beach, Western Water Park, Panama Jacks "

• popsy by popsy

"For both young and old couples wanting a relaxing holiday, also appealing to groups of lads and lass "

• hayleyy. by hayleyy.

"you need to go to banana joes nightclub "

• hayleyy. by hayleyy.

"banana joes and magaluuf "

• sueb3452 by sueb3452

"Used The Willow english resturant good choice of food "

• sessles88 by sessles88

"its great if u want the party life of magaluf nearby but dont want to be right in the centre of it. "

• sessles88 by sessles88

"best place with lovely english food was 'scots bar in magaluf on the beach near the watersports bit. "

• Rachel168 by Rachel168

"Aqualand, marineland, pirates uncut is a must!! All bars and restaurant we went to were great! "

• barnes by barnes

"The beach, and banana joes for a nite out "

• abbied by abbied

"definetely go!!! if its cheap "

• Kirky86 by Kirky86

"Horrible place to stay in! "

• happyguests by happyguests

"Loved Palma Nova, would definitely go back "

• Hels1 by Hels1

"Don't believe all you read, good quality,value for money hotel in excellent location "

• ceroc by ceroc

"Book another hotel, not Don Bigote "

• travelrep2012 by travelrep2012

"The local bus service will take you to many beaches on Majorca for only 2 euro "

Hotel Don Bigote is also called