Globales Palmanova

Calle Miquel Dels Sants Oliver 13, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Good

Great value and will return in the future.

Reviewed Tue 3rd of July 2012

"We travelled during the half term holiday. The hotel wasn't full so no problems with sun loungers. The rooms were average sized, but very clean. The safe cost 25 euros a week. The all inclusive food and drink was very good, there was a good variety of foods at all meals,occasionally there was a carvery in the evenings. Most evenings the dinner was themed (different countries eg Mexico, Chinese etc). There were snacks during the day including ice cream, burgers, hot dogs, chips and toasties. The snacks in the evening were sandwiches, pizza, cake etc. You could order a picnic if you are going out for the day.
If you go out the back gate the beach is only about 2 minutes away. Also it is next door to Golf Fantasia, which is great fun.
The daytime entertainment was good, we didn't bother with the evening. But of course everyone likes different things.
I have previously been here in 2006 and would return again. "

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2012

great family hotel

Reviewed Fri 3rd of June 2011

" We've just got back from this hotel and couldn't be more pleased with it id read some bad reviews about it but i think its a great hotel. The food was plentiful and very nice with a good choice served from morning right through till midnight. There is entertainment practally all day long David and Natalie are fabulous with children and have plenty of adult entertainment too. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are cleaned daily. For the price i paid for my holiday i didn't expect too much but i was wrong its a great hotel and we will be going back again. Its just a shame you have to get up around 7.30am to get a comfy sunbed because people put their towels on them and dont even use them at all, theres still plenty to go round we never had a day without one."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of June 2011

Seemed OK but Very Bad!

Reviewed Fri 8th of October 2010

"Right before everyone moans the hotel was 'good' but with the problems I had this totally overwrites all the good points....making it a BAD hotel choice!

So I stayed here for a week beginning 11th September.
We arrived at hotel 2pm and got our room keys straight away...great!
Got to our room on third floor, after waiting ages for a lift, and was an alright room, quite basic but everything you need for a weeks holiday.

We unpacked then i put everything valuable into my backpack, padlocked it shut and put it in the top of the cupboard behind the extra sheets...in the hope no one would be looking up there. So all very well the room was cleaned most day but was forgotten about TWICE...and that resulted in me having to call reception when a maid was sent up and basically chucked new towels at me then walked off....but hey it was only 2 days so not that big a deal.
The pool was always busy never sun beds so we always went to the beach which was much more peaceful and enjoyable.
The bar staff all seemed fine and the entertainment staff were a good laugh....the entertainment seems poor more due to the people not joining in....in my opinion.

On to the theft problems! Sounds silly but i had 2 twix's & 2 kitkat chunkys in an asda bag on top of the safe and half way through the holiday they went missing...but I decided not to report this silly crime as i never wanted to be 'targeted' by them and i was also wondering...maybe i did eat them even though im pretty sure i never.

But on my last night I went and got my padlocked back pack out the cupboard to pack for my hand luggage only to find my padlock would NOT open (a numbered one) so i tried and tried and tried and it just didnt feel right...so i had to brake it off meaning the bag would not be able to be locked on the last day. Looking back its quite obvious my lock was tampered with and they managed to brake it or jam it...and when i say 'they' its someone to do with the hotel, but could be...reception, maids...friends of them...i dont know!
So our last day i packed up all our bags and put me and my partners left over £500 into a spare wallet at the bottom of my bag. i then went for breakfast for 15 mins and returned to the room which had not been cleaned. We checked out, flew home then i went to give my partner her money back...and opened the wallet and ALL GONE! so its pretty obvious this was planned so I got intouch with the hotel and they said they have never heard of this before, and also the resort office in Majorca for Thomascook who also told me the same, being quite annoying and gave me the impression now your back from holiday they dont care about you. So hopefully today I can speak to the manager and Thomascook more, problem is trying to report it to Spanish police now I am home!

So to sum up I have missed out good points, but also some bad points!

But due to the theft happening I can only say, please dont stay here and have your holiday ruined by this...its not worth the chance, considering a number of reviews have had similar problems over the last few weeks would show this is a massive increasing problem!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 8th of October 2010

Worst All Inclusive Hotel we've been to.

Reviewed Thu 3rd of June 2010

"If you're looking for a hotel right near the beach and shops but not bothered about entertainment or clean furniture then this hotel is for you.

We arrived at 11.20am but couldn't get our room until after 1.30pm which didn't bother us because we could get a snack in the restaurant or a drink at the pool bar.

Our room was small and dated, bathroom tiny and you can hear your next door neighbours talking clearly through the vent. The Maid cleaned the room daily changing towels, but our sheets were not changed until day 9 of our 11 day holiday.

Breakfast - you'll have to clear the table yourself or just pile the previous users stuff up at the edge of your table because the waiters don't rush themselves. They clear one table and take their trolley back into the kitchen instead of clearing all of them in one go.

Lunch and Dinner - if you want hot food don't go into the dining room as soon as the doors are open because they start putting it out about 20 minutes before this. We used to wait at least 30 minutes until they start bringing the replacement food trays out because these are hotter. Not much choice and no kids menu, it is edible though. My daughter had her meals during snacktimes because this was when they served burgers and hot dogs etc.

Great pool, didn't get a sunlounger all holiday because they all had towels on them by 6.45am. The lifeguard is great with the kids, if they stood near the pool he'd throw them in, even fully clothed with shoes on etc. The kids loved it.

The evening entertainment is a total let down. The room itself had stained walls, stained chairs and tables with chunks out of them. The "professional acts" were terrible, most people played cards or talked over the singing, it was embarrassing. The bingo has good cash prizes but they don't start selling the tickets until the "professional acts" finish. Tickets are sold at 10pm and bingo starts at 10.30pm. Disco after this until 12 midnight then everything finishes. Bar is open till 1am but all inclusive finishes at midnight.

We wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone and will not be going there again"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of June 2010

Great experiance

Reviewed Wed 13th of January 2010

"I have to say I thought this hotel was fantastic food was great always warm with a decent selection and the pool is good as well as the out side bar. Staff were always helpful. Rooms were always cleaned and towels changed regualy as well as bed sheets. I couldnt tell you about the entertainment as I stayed there to go up to magaluf on the night which is fantastic a 10min walk from the hotel and 45min walk back so always opt for a taxi return. I have been to this hotel twice Im going back again this year."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of January 2010

good place to stay

Reviewed Mon 17th of November 2008

"stayed here for 7 nights in oct the weather was not so good,but the hotel was really good.the food was the best i have ever had on holiday.plenty of choice&lots of english food,the breakfast was lovely english sausage but spanish bacon.the drinks at the bar were very good,room was cleaned 5 times in a week,all in all it was very good.only bad point was the pool IT WAS VERY VERY VERY VERY COLD."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of November 2008

Excellant location in Palma Nova, you ar...

Good
Reviewed Tue 19th of August 2008

"Excellant location in Palma Nova, you are just across the road from the beach too. Stayed in this hotel with my friends it was a girls holiday however we wanted to be out of the hustle and bustle of Magauluf in the day and this hotel was a great choice.
Hotel was full of families enjoying thereselves.
Staff were very friendly and not strict on how many drinks you kept going to the bar for.
Pool area was nice and we found no problem in getting a sunbed each day.
Hotels restaurant offered a good choice, just wish there was more that one restaurant for more choice.
Rooms were clean and comfortable, would suggest to request a Sea View room as you can get lovely views.
Im affraid to say though the Hotel eveing Entertainment was really poor as it wasnt Thomas Cook or Airtours entertainers in there. But there is plenty to do in Palma Nova of a eve."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of August 2008

We had an early flight from LBIA (05:15a...

Reviewed Mon 14th of July 2008

"We had an early flight from LBIA (05:15am). We researched and found out that our hotel was only 20 minutes away from Palma Airport but for some reason on our transfer we were the last to be dropped off, meaning we were sat on the coach for over 90 Minutes (unlike coming back we were last to be picked up and arrived at the airport within 20 minutes).
When we finally arrived at the hotel (about 11:00am) we were told that in Spain hotel rooms are available after 14:00hrs. Luckily we only had to wait about 90 Minutes (good team work by maids at cleaning)
We checked in and given our All Inclusive Bands, very irritating but managed to get by.
Food lovely (especially if you like chips!!), Fresh Carvery every night. Can't really comment about breakfast as i only had it once (just before going to bed after a good night in Magalluf). No drinks machine available in hotel restaraunt, so remember to go to the bar before going for meals (but not breakfast as an orange machine is available with cups which wouldn't fit a boiled egg in)
Hotel room basic which as expected, Maids change linen daily and make beds (Just like my mum does for me).
Hotel staff very helpful and always smiling. Life Guard (S.O.S) had to be kept happy so on our last day we had to give him something to remind him of us, so deceided to throw him in. Entertainment for kids wasn't as good as expected but still kept them on their feet. Thomas Cook Holiday Rep 'Excellent'. Gave me alot of information about her role and her duties (since arriving home I have already applied to be a Rep).
Palma Nova beach can be reached within about 3 minutes, Magalluf is a nice walk parrell to the beach and takes about 15 minutes or 4 Euros in a taxi.
When going to the bar you may want to get 2 or 3 drinks at once as the cups you get are half a pint and full of ice.
Palma Nova has some good bars, but for the more lively people you may consider going across to Magalluf if so I would highly recommend that you go for a sleep during the day so you are 'Alive and Kicking' at night. Most bars are open until at least 06:00am.
Palma Aiport is rather big!!, make sure you go with the flow and don't get lost, corridors go for miles. Thomas Cook flight ran on time both ways, but not much space between seats (well, i am 6 foot 4!).
Overall I would highly recommend Hotel Palma Nova to people of all ages."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of July 2008

The hotel was very nice and clean. As I...

Reviewed Mon 14th of January 2008

"The hotel was very nice and clean. As I am in my twenties, it was also an ideal place to stay for nightlife.

It had a lovely swimming pool in the complex and also a mini golf course. I would definitely recommend to friends. The staff were very friendly and always happy to help, and my room was always cleaned regularly by the cleaners.

Overall, I would say that it wasn’t the kind of hotel for families on the whole. As it is in an area full of nightlife, it was generally a hotel for the younger generation."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of January 2008

I don't really like these sites as I alw...

Reviewed Sun 6th of January 2008

"I don't really like these sites as I always find them off putting which is why I wanted to put this review on.

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in July 07 and in July 06 for the same 2 week period. I don't think that there is anything that could be seriously faulted with the hotel.

Upon arrival on both occasions our rooms were ready, first year at 11pm and second year 1pm. Maids worked all day and the hotel was always clean. Our rooms were cleaned on a daily basis, fresh sheets, and towels also. The maids were very friendly, knocked on our door and on several occasions when we were hungover came back to tidy up.

The hotel has a great range of activities for people of all ages, from little kids to pensioners. All of the entertainers were great, especially RUI!!!

Food is served all day, 3 main meals with snacks in between. The only thing that I would fault is some parents let their children run riot and waste food which is put on, leaving a mess in the dining room.

The hotel is in a great location, with golf fantasia at the back gate. It costs 9euro for two adults for a game and is great fun. We played every night, but go around 7pm before it gets busy. Come 8pm you need to queue.

All in all we had a great time on both our holidays and would highly recommend the hotel.

People who have left bad reviews have just little to do except complain."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of January 2008

Hotel was clean but basic. Staff were al...

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2007

"Hotel was clean but basic. Staff were always helpful and happy and good English speaking waiters would go out of their way to get you a full English breakfast if thats what you wanted. Food was good and always hot. Drink was local produced but you could feel you had had a drink or two.

Pool very cold in April but the kids loved it. Weather hit and miss but warm most of the time, good value for money and would go back for a break some time.

Entertainment was OK, a lot of Spanish pensioners when we were there but got to say most were very friendly considering the communication barrier, then again I speak a little spanish which always helps."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of December 2007

We have just got back from the Hotel Pal...

Reviewed Tue 21st of August 2007

"We have just got back from the Hotel Palma Nova. After reading previous reviews I was dreading our holiday. When we arrived I was pleasantly surprised, the hotel itself is really nice. The rooms were adequate and the food was good, plenty of selection.

The Hotel itself is right near the beach and a 20 min walk to Magaluf.

The only downsides to this holiday where you had to get up really early to get a sunbed and if like me you are taken an infant and you need a sun brolly even earlier.

We also had our camera stolen and are convinced that it went from our room along with a new top that I had bought.

The entertainment is not really up to much but the families with older children seemed to enjoy it.

On a whole I would recommend this accommodation and will hopefully be returning next year although I will be locking all my valuables in the safe.

Please note to families taking young children to the Pirates show (highly recommended by the rest of my family) this involves audience participation and can be extremely loud. My 8 month old son was terrified and I had to leave early (after much arguing with the rep got my money back).

I wouldn’t recommend any young children under the age of 2 attending!"

• Travel date: Tue 21st of August 2007

Hotels near Globales Palmanova

Stayed at Globales Palmanova? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Globales Palmanova

• The-ChattsTeesside by The-ChattsTeesside

"If you want night-time entertainment pick another hotel. "

• Colleen J by Colleen J

"Email before to ask for a pool view "

Globales Palmanova is also called