Stay away

Reviewed Wed 10th of August 2016

"What a holiday ,me and my husband when on the 17th July for a week it was our first holiday without are children .

When we first arrived at the hotel we waited 45min to check in ,as a large number of people where checking in and there was only on lady on the desk, when it was out turn after waiting 45mins we were told that our room was not ready and we would have to wait another hour before the room was available.

When we finally got to our room it was ok the bathroom was in need of some update the shower did not run right so we were having bathes most of the week .the shower curtain was held on by string the b-day was very wobbly.

In the day you could only get drinks at the pool side which was down a load of stairs and when your on the top floor it's far to go for a drink

The pool was not nice the tiles were very dirty and broke

There is no night entertainment on in the hotel

The food was horrible. We missed breakfast as it was not worth getting up for the bacon was just a piece of fat ..dinner was the same food as tea .there is nothing nice that I can say about the food so much so that we eat out every night which was expensive we paid for all inclusive but spend money on eating out it was very frustrating.

The hotel was very lively both in the day and at night.

The only good thing I can say about the holiday is that the hotel is in a good location 5mins from the beach , shops and night life yes it's on a hill but this did not bother me to much if u have prays or struggle to walk then it will be a problem.

I have never been on holiday where I am counting the days to come home .both me and my husband work hard and have saved up for what was meant to be a treat it was far from a treat

• Travel date: Thu 4th of August 2016

Brilliant!

Reviewed Tue 14th of May 2013

"Ive just got back from a week away there and i loved it!
First off, the food was pretty good, always a varied choice and the breakfast was good for a hangover!
The pool is beautiful and lively and if thats not your scene, then theres two beaches only minutes away!
It can get a bit noisy at night but what do you expect? Your two minutes from the strip!
The rooms were basic and clean, Lovely view from the balcony.
The bar staff, receptionists and all other staff, were friendly. They all knew me by name, And service was very quick!
The entertainment, Right now for me, I was expecting the entertainment to be lousy but i was SO wrong. Its good during the day The team is there doing activities, And at night its very good, There always including the audience in various activities and was a laugh! I genuinely got along with the team and they made my holiday better! Which made it all the more fun to make the most of my all inclusive drinks at the hotel then On to the strip!
I would definitely recommend this hotel!
Hope it helps! Ava. "

• Travel date: Fri 10th of May 2013

Really enjoyed.

Reviewed Thu 11th of April 2013

"Just returned home after a week at the hoolulu, had a great time, yes there are a few snags, my husband and I are both oap's, we found the hill climb to the hotel difficult so made sure we only did the climb once a day. The staff were brilliant kind and caring. No complaints on the food that was on offer, always a good choice.
The rooms were clean & comfortable although could have done with a makeover.The hotel is not disabled friendly, but we couldn't have enjoyed it more.
As long as you have no objection to the young enjoying themselves, go for it, its a great place to stay. "

• Travel date: Thu 11th of April 2013

mature lady from Berkshire

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"Stayed here 8th-16th October. After reading reviews of this hotel I was not looking forward to staying there. But was surprised everyone was very friendly at reception, Room was clean basic, with a double bed so okay for me. The food was really nice plenty of choice, and very tasty. The free drinks were nice very efficient behind the bar so you never had to wait more than 5 mins to be served. The entertainment staff really tried to arrange entertainment for all ages and worked hard. so please don't be put off with the nasty things people say as some people are never satisfied but for just over £300 pounds for a week all inclusive its a bargain"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of October 2012

Brill, hotel don't listen to the bad ones!

Reviewed Sun 13th of May 2012

"Right I felt I had to write a review on this hotel as most of the stuff iv been reading is rubbish! I stayed here last year in July Infact I'm booked to go back here in 25 days for a girlie holiday I can't wait!!
If your wanting a clubbing holiday with music and fun then this is the hotel for you, it annoys me that people with young kids are moaning, if you didn't want a hotel with drinking and young people why come to magaluf one of the most famous places in the world for clubbing especially a hotel that is 2 mins from the strip? I fully understand a lot of you were sold this hotel from your agents back in the uk as a family holiday but that doesn't mean you have to try and put other people off!! Anyway the food was good the usual chips, burgers fish etc breakfast was nice with egg toast bacon etc you get what you pay for if you want caviar in a 5* hotel then pay a 5* price!! The nightlife is very close just a small walk awAy, the all inclusive bar was great included cocktails aswell a perfect way to get drunk before you hit the town, there are security guards patrolling the grounds all night so don't be too loud coming in or they will tell you to ssshhh lol
And people moaning about the size of the lifts....a lift is a lift it brings you up to your level what are you wanting a shower or something in the lift!?? Don't get it.....
The bar staff are nice if your nice to them...a few older people have said that they bar staff were rude well if you had the attitude with them that you have on this review site I can see why they were rude....if u have a laugh with them on your first day and get to know them there nice and will serve you quickly, around the pool is fun during the day loud music pool games and free bar!! Once again why would you bring your kids to magaluf anyway...yes you get guys streaking etc but we are young having a laugh a lot of people who were there last year had just finished uni so were letting there hair down before having to join reality so they deserve to be aloud to have a laugh! The water sports on the beach is Wikid cheap aswell and there is a bungy ball near the hotel that if you close your balcony doors you can't hear!
I'm heading back to this hotel in 25 days and I can't bloody wait I'm usually quite a fussy person but seriously this hotel is Wikid if you looking for a good time!! And if you are of the older generation and don't like this sort of thing or a couple that have young kids don't go to magaluf go to palma nova just outside from magaluf instead of staying in a club 18-30 hotel and then moaning about the noise! Gees!! "

• Travel date: Sun 13th of May 2012

Amazing

Reviewed Wed 21st of July 2010

"Me, My Mum, My Brother, Ad His Girlfriend went June 09 for a week and i did not want to leave, Weather HEAVEN, Staff Polite, Food GORGOUS, I loved it, It was brilliant the staff was amazing and could do nothing but help us, WE LOVED IT, everything was close by The strip, shops , bars everything i did not want to leave and i have spoke nothing but high praise i wish i never left i fell in love with palmanova so much in a few years time i may move there it is lovely the locals were kind and was no fights at all a true magnificant family holiday. "

• Travel date: Sat 17th of July 2010

Hotel. Motel. Honoluluuuuuuu!

Reviewed Wed 30th of June 2010

"After reading views of hotel honolulu on here, we were scared of what we might find. BUT, it was amazing! We had SUCH a good time. Ok, so its not for everyone (families & the older sort) but it was clean, the food was nice ( yes you get chips every day, but other bits too). The swimming pool was very clean-washed and hosed by pedro ronaldhinio every night. The all inclusive bar was run efficiently. Staff were pleasant. Everything needed is nearby, shops, the beach, the strip. The only bad thing was the shower ran hot.cold.hot.cold, but have a bath instead :)

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of June 2010

Never again

Reviewed Tue 4th of May 2010

"Just returned today 2nd My from this hotel. NEVER AGAIN,
The place was full of stag and hen parties, boozing all day and night, fighting and assaulting the staff. We were never told it is a 18 to 30 type of place or a place for stag and hen parties. One group of 16 males lasted one night, they arrived on the Thursday afternoon and then began boozing, then they decided to have a scrap which resulted in one of the animals bleeding from an injury. He was putting his bloody hand all over, in both lifts and on the walls. The next day the rep called ameeting, which resulted in the civil gaurd being called for when a rep was assaulted, needless to say the young drunkard was led away in handcuffs and thew in the local jail

The food was terrible, the pool area was not very clean, the staff were very arrogant and not at all friendly, on barman was whisteling to get the attention of his next customer. !!! The rroms were basic, the air conditioning was broke, and the bedding, i'm still covered ion a rash from it.

The " ladies of the night " are in abundance at the entrance to the hotel plying their trade. Three people were robbed during our stay

Its an OK sort of a place for the boozy youngsters, hen and stag parties, for a married couple who want a relaxing holiday, STAY AWAY, no sleep during the night because of the drunk youngsters returning back and then continuing to party in their room.
Then the exploits of the previous night shouted proubdly around the pool area, disgusting, the females were far much worse as the males, !!"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of May 2010

Ok

Reviewed Sat 10th of October 2009

"Stayed in the Honolulu from the 1st till 8th. Got there on Thursday afternoon dropped cases in and went for something to eat. The food was very poor, chips everyday me and my bf ended up eating out nearly everyday. Snacks were supposed to be on throughout the day and night but we never got any because the restaurant was always in darkness. Lots of people were complaining about the food and eating out. Found most staff quite nice although some were a bit ignorant. The all inclusive bar shut at 11.00pm and all entertainment finished. Entertainment consisted of bingo then a show that lasted for about 20 mins. Rooms were basic, few stains on the wall. Maids just barged in the rooms and never knocked to see if we were in the room. The hotel was in a good location for bars and shops but it was on top of a hill and i wouldnt recommend it for older people. The room was very noisy at night, lots of young people running round, slamming doors, chucking chairs and tables from their balconies. I enjoyed the holiday but i would not stay in this hotel ever again or reccommend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of October 2009

worst holiday ever

Reviewed Wed 7th of October 2009

"Myself, wife and 14 yr old daughter stayed at this hotel 22nd Sept until 3rd Oct 09, it has to rate as our worst holiday ever, standard and choice of food throughout the day was appalling, snacks at night were a couple of sandwiches behind the bar after 9.30pm, lots of guests eat out even though it was all inclusive.
Bar closed at 11.00pm sharp unlike any other hotels we have been to which usually closed at midnight, even the light on the pool table outside the bar turned off at 11.00pm.
Activities were a joke almost non existant 4 activities in a 10 day period for adults and none for kids. Entertainment at night was just as bad.
Room was a mess walls were very dirty and tiles missing, noise throughout the night with people running about the hotel at all hours was horrendous, we were never as glad for our coach picking us up to take us to the airport as were lots of other people.
Final word has to be the Rep :what a waste of space she was:, did not want to know unless she was getting commission for selling tours etc."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of October 2009

Can I Go Back?

Reviewed Tue 25th of August 2009

"I'm an 18 year young girl! And This was my first time abroad as was my friend that I went with, I read the reviews before going (obviously) and admittedly was a bit worried because the people on here were a bit negative! Well when I pulled up in the coach I loved it! The hotel was clean and looked quite posh! We checked in, the safe box is quite expensive but if you split the money its not too bad. We were on the room, fourth floor and the view was beautiful! sea and the pool was so pretty! I loved it and waking up to that every morning was beautiful! The food is ok, but im quite a fussy eater, there is quite a selection though and the hotel is surrounded by places to eat! if your a fan of indian food go to poonam at the top next to poco loco! its gorgeous! the hotel staff are not rude, but then we never gave them a reason to be rude! the hotel could be noisy at times but i didnt always here it, once it got a bit bad but call down to reception and they sort it out :) the hill isn't too bad nor are the steps! most definately are not 200! Although i loved hotel honolulu i wouldnt recommend it if you want a quiet family hoilday, but some families did turn up while i was there and i think they got transfered. recommended to 18-30's nightlife is great and air con worked perfect in our room and the shower was perfect too! i would definately go back! Lots of activities to do during the day, definatley go to western water park and aqualand, hotel organises this, coach there etc :) Do not worry about the miserable moaners on here! It is lovely!"

• Travel date: Tue 25th of August 2009

My stay at the Honolulu hotel

Reviewed Tue 11th of August 2009

"Hi,on reading some of the reviews on this hotel,I had to write my own as my wife and I had a great time at the Honolulu hotel,staff were courteous and helpful and smiling.The food was tasteful a good choice and plenty of it,all set out nicely in the restaurant and plenty of time to eat it.The room on the eight floor,had ample space and clean,towels changed on a daily basis,sheets changed once a week, great views on the balcony of Magaluf.The noise was down to a minimum as near the main strip,when double glazed doors closed heard nothing.Nice large swimming pool and area for sunbeds with bar and toilets not far away only complaint here was that some of the sunbeds were broken and had to sort the good beds from the bad however overall great by the pool.Evening entertainment,something different every night,singers, groups, bingo!, good vibes here,or just sit outside on the terrace's with a drink and "warm breeze" and chill out. Mostly groups of young women and men and older couples not many families staying here. The hill and steps are no problem to climb I'm 59!.The Honolulu Hotel was better than my expectation's and was pleasantly surprised,Yours Truly Alan."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of August 2009

Hotels near Globales Honolulu

Top traveller tips for Globales Honolulu

• PedroM by PedroM

"Palma Nova and Magaluf yes....Honolulu NO!!!! "

• PedroM by PedroM

"BCM, Beach Curlys bar(great wee scots bar) "

• Alan Barnes by Alan Barnes

"Enjoy the weather and atmosphere and friendly people's from all over the world. "

• Alan Barnes by Alan Barnes

"The activity on the strip and sea views from our balcony. "

• SarahB1990 by SarahB1990

"Poonam indian restauraunt, BCM, Western Park, Aqualand, Lots of bars and clubs along the strip! "

• erik by erik

"Decent place plenty of shops, pubs and eating places "

• Holsterrrr! by Holsterrrr!

"its like blackpool in spain! love it! "

• Shazzle_dazzle by Shazzle_dazzle

"Try the bikini cocktail delicious!! "

• Sheridan123 by Sheridan123

"Go to the beach in the day and eat out at night "

Globales Honolulu is also called