About FERGUS Style Palmanova

• bicycle rental
  • street parking amenities
  • russian amenities
  • spanish amenities
  • free private parking nearby
  • adults only amenities

Fantastic hotel

Reviewed Tue 22nd of July 2014

"We have just spent 5 nights here and enjoyed it thoroughly. The hotel the staff the surroundings the food were all excellent. I think some of the feedback left has been very poor and it did worry me about booking the hotel but I can honestly say I will be revisiting back to the hotel in the future I could not find any fault with the hotel at all."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of July 2014

Never again

Reviewed Sat 28th of July 2012

"My Husband and I have just returned from this Hotel.The first problem we encounterd was not getting into our room for two hours and fifty minutes, how long does it take to clean one room. The next problem was the shower, the tap fell off when lifted to operate and white paint was floating in the bath with the water, YES the bath had been painted and was just lifting off, also the window would not lock so could have been opened from the outside, also there was mould on two walls and the cups were brown, luckily I always take my own cups. I took photo's of all the above.We requested another room and showed the man on reception the photo's, we were told they did not have another room. But we said if we were not moved we would phone our rep the next morning. We were given another room the next morning, it was better than the previous one, but the bath had still been painted, this time with gloss paint so at least it didn't come off with the water. Then we come to the food, ok if you like pasta,rice or water melon. No good for English diet some nights there was no meat at all, chicken wings have next to no meat on them, had a chicken leg one night thought things were improving until the next night, back to normal. We usually put weight on on holiday, not lose weight. Three good things about the hotel, the location is great, the coffee machine has nice coffee and the orange juice is not watered down.

• Travel date: Fri 27th of July 2012

Excellent hotel

Reviewed Tue 24th of August 2010

"Just arrived back from this lovely hotel, my partner and I (aged 43 & 50) stayed here for 4 nights, this was a lovely hotel spotlessly clean, polite staff, nice food, brilliant location near the beach lots of shops restaurants and bars, woulod definately recommend this hotel and would go back again."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of August 2010

nice and clean room food was alright...

Reviewed Thu 4th of September 2008

"nice and clean room

food was alright

staff at the reception were friendly and helpful especially the night porter when we were walking in at 5am.

• Travel date: Thu 4th of September 2008

Lovely hotel. Lovely area. Clean rooms,...

Reviewed Mon 14th of July 2008

"Lovely hotel. Lovely area. Clean rooms, air con, and tv. Minibar was 25 euros with some drinks included, although definately worth the money to keep water and things cool in the room. Pool is nice and not over crowded. Big solarium, always plenty of sun loungers. Beach is opposite the hotel accross the road. Plenty places to eat and drink, magaluf is 15 mins away for a more lively nightlife.
Only negative thing I couls possibly say was I wasnt fussed on the food - just like every other hotel with half board really.
Reccomend for couples and families.
All in all a lovely place, would definately consider staying here again. "

• Travel date: Mon 14th of July 2008

On arriving in Palma airport we had been...

Reviewed Fri 4th of July 2008

"On arriving in Palma airport we had been given strict instructions on how to find our transfer which we found by asking someone who looked officialish and it turned out the be the driver of our shuttle which was empty and all for us!
On arriving the hotel looked very impressive from the outside, once inside we checked in and found the hotel was only opening that day we were the first to check in!
I found our sea view room to look onto the pool but it was very clean and fresh decorated. the bathroom was lovely although it did have some hot water issues the first night.
the staff were friendly throughout the hotel and my main complaint was that there was no entertainment the first 2 nights and the first day the pool was closed but the bar and restaurant staff we briliant.

the hotel is bril if you want to chill of the day and head of into town or magaluf of a night its only 20 mins walk
i really enjoyed this holiday as the beach is less then 5 mins walk away, the pool is clean. they dont allow too big a group of young people to book togehter so if you have a family it doesnt get too roudy
we would consider going again ."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of July 2008

It was the second time we stayed at the...

Reviewed Thu 17th of January 2008

"It was the second time we stayed at the Bahia and found it ok. Cleaners very friendly when we got to know them.

Food was adequate, would go again. It is so easy to get to other places from the hotel taxis opposite buses a short walk to the right you can hire a car at the hotel as we did even down to hiring a wheel chair.

In all we found it a very reasonable holiday. We was lucky enough to have a balcony overlooking the beach and sun terrace."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of January 2008

A group of 11 of us girls stayed in this...

Reviewed Tue 11th of September 2007

"A group of 11 of us girls stayed in this hotel a week in August. I wouldn't recommend it for those looking for a lively holiday, there wasn't a great variety of night-life within the hotel or exceptional entertainment. More suited to those looking for a quiet relaxing holiday or for couples.

There wasn't a great range of food in the evenings, we felt that the variety could have been better. The rooms were in great condition, the hotel however was like a step back in time, but as I say, quite quaint for those looking for a relaxing holiday.

Majority of the staff were quite nice and friendly, although the bar staff could be quite reluctant to make a cocktail when asked! Quite a good location and not far from the night-life, easy access to taxis and at a reasonable price too. Very close to the beach which was fantastic although the Solarium in the hotel could have done with a good clean.

This is just an opinion, as everyone is entitled to their own.. but better to have a good idea before hand.

Good Luck!"

• Travel date: Tue 11th of September 2007

Myself, my 19month old son, sister and b...

Reviewed Mon 20th of August 2007

"Myself, my 19month old son, sister and boyfriend stayed here. During our stay at the Bahia Palma Nova, the staff and cleaners were very friendly, the room was cleaned every day, but does need updated.

But on the downside our room was smelling strongly of cigarettes throughout the 4nights we were there. People were smoking all over the hotel. The food was not very nice, my 19month son wouldn't eat any of it.

I would not recommend this hotel if you have infants as there is no fridge for keeping milk cool, and it is not child friendly at all, my son was even able to unlock the door. They have a mini bar but request 25euros for it."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of August 2007

Don't go!!

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"JUST got back from Bahia Palma Nova.
booked it 7 weeks before we flew and thought 3* in spain would be the usual stuff!! we (mam and i) arrived in the middle of the night and was put into an out house!!! the rep had never been in there before, it was more of a 2* if not 1* room (i've been on 18-30 hols before in palm nova and they were better!!) finally moved to main hotel but not much better! food very bland, chips and meat, turkey, chicken pork etc! nothing for vegetarians at all!! they put pieces of chicken in the coleslaw!!! bar staff not friendly at all!! just more interested in the passing trade that entered the public restaurant.
would not recommend this hotel for the food nor the rooms, the only thing that was good is its proximity to the beach (unfortunately stormy weather in august in majorca!!!) if given the chance would NOT return to this hotel, unless it was VERY, VERY cheap!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 10th of August 2007

Just returned home after a brilliant wee...

Reviewed Sun 27th of May 2007

"Just returned home after a brilliant week at the Bahia Palma Nova. The staff were very friendly and we had no complaints - unlike some of the guests!

We heard several moans and groans about the food - and what can I say - if you’re a fussy eater who needs everything deep fat fried - then this hotel is not for you!

There was a great choice every night - including the most amazing Paella, fresh crisp salad and a wide choice of white meat and seafood dishes! Authentic Mediterranean grub- yummy!

Before we went I was very worried as I read all the bad reviews about the rubbish food!! So I was well pleased with it and unless you are really fussy - in which case why on earth would you go half board - this hotel is a gem!

Palma Nova itself was excellent and the hotel couldn’t have been in a better location! Magaluf is only a 5Euro taxi ride away - and we walked there most evenings (a gentle 25min walk from the Bahia) - but be warned the PRs are very VERY pushy!!

Best bet is stay well away from the main strip - get a taxi to BCM and you can sit in the square and watch all the shows without being totally pestered!

All in all a great week - we had the night life of Magaluf nearby with the relaxing tempo of Palma Nova during the day to recover! Best of both worlds!"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of May 2007

We had a great holiday. The room was fin...

Reviewed Sat 26th of May 2007

"We had a great holiday. The room was fine, breakfast was good, evening meal was acceptable.

It was nice to sit in the bar after the evening meal and be able to talk to other holiday makers, without music blearing out, just back ground music.

Some evenings we walked along and found a bar with live music which was good. With the beach just across the road, what more could you ask for.

All in all good hotel, food not bad, location very good, so pleased with holiday package.

Going back this year, so are some other guests who we met last year and have kept in touch with."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of May 2007