Aparthotel Rosa del Mar

Avenida Cas Saboners s/n, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Would Go Back!!!

Good

"we went on our holiday in summer 06, 4 girls all aged 18-20, at first our holiday was a disaster arriving in 3 inches of water about 4am and leeft stranded. our booked hotel was flooded and was deserted after a receptionist transferred us then to Rosa Del Mar, with being the middle of the night and all dissapointed and tired we hoped that this hotel was better, and after a breakfast free of charge for our inconvenience and a good night sleep we were really happy with our new hotel.

this hotel was a lot closer to the heart of magaluf, there was plenty of little snack bars and restaurants, the beach was less than 5 minutes away, left just at the bottom of the road. also a couple of bars that us four girls used to start of at before we made the 5-10 minute walk up to the main strip of bars and clubs. the hotel was always very clean and had no problems with our rooms at all, the reception area was also very well presented, just be careful on the very shiny marble floor in your heels/flipflops!!!:)

this is ideal for young people/couple/families, although we found it enjoyable for groups of young people, the staff were quite strict about making any noise coming in from a night out, and would deal with any complaints straight away.
overall we loved or stay at this hotel and had forgotton about our dreadful start to the holiday by the first night out!!! had a great holiday, and would go back to stay again."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of April 2007

Brilliant location

"Had an extremely good time at the rosa del mar, was a very nice hotel and was far better than 2 others i have been to in the same area which cost alot more! Rooms were clean but very basic. Excellent location, couldn't be better. Very good value for money and i strongly recommend it for young groups going on holiday."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of March 2007

Palma Nova great - Hotel dissapointing

"Hotel was a let down. We had a room with virtually no view and the first night we arrived there was a Rave on the waste land behind the hotel. We were in room 204. The sliding doors to the patio were so old that when you tried to slide them they came out of the runners. The patio chairs were stained. The plug sockets would not hold the adaptors so couldnt use hair dryers etc., Even the TV plug had been bent to fit in the socket. The cleaners were a nightmare they made more noise than any of the guests. Shouting and singing down the corridors early in the mornings - no wonder they were happy they didnt seem to do much work. The towels were replaced regularly and the beds made but not changed. Self Catering facilities good all amenities provided.
Entertainment - Acrobatic parrotts! Not our scene to be honest and the bar was always closed pretty early maybe due to lack of guests who actually ate and drank there. All in all a pretty dull and tatty hotel and I wouldnt go there again. The Son Matias Hotel looks nice right by the beach."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of October 2006

smelly apartment

"Have just returned from a week's holiday in palma nova with my husband, two children and my mother in law. We stayed at the Rosa Del Mar apartments, on arriving and opening the door to my room, 101 would you believe, I was horrified at the smell that greeted me. I can only describe it as sewage, damp, old, I could not believe it, we paid 2, 700 euros for the weeks holiday and I get this stinking room. I obviously went and complained at reception, was told that I was imagining it. Then told they would move me tomorrow, tomorrow came and went and still I was in the smelly room. I was never moved, was told the hotel was full and yet guests continued to come and go, I was furious.
I actually was concerned for my health and that of my 20 month old baby, I believe this stench could cause breathing problems. Anyway I got no satisfaction from hotel staff, which I find infuriating. I know alot of people who go to palma nova alot, including myself and my family, I would certainly not recommend this hotel, my husband called it the Rosa Smel Mar.
I spoke to another couple on our departure day, they were travelling to birmingham, their room had ant nests in it so this hotel is not somewhere I would recommend if you are a clean hygenic person who cares for their families health.. Happy travelling I am from Dublin, am 35"

• Travel date: Thu 24th of August 2006

Rosa del Mar-velous

Good

"After reading some of the reviews on this accommodation I was
a bit worried about going here.

I was very plesently suprised when our coach arrived outside the hotel as it was in a great location and looked alot nicer than some of the other places we had stoped/dropped off on our transfer.

The rooms are basic but clean we had an end room so our balcony was huge and was great as we travelled in a group so started the evening off at ours out on the balcony.

A few mins up the road you'll find the lovely sandy beach, and some shops such as lacoste, purfume shops and a little
boutique selling dolce & gabbana-very nice!

Magaluf is about 5-10 mins away and is great. I recomend
Lenons bar and BCM. Alot of the bars offer you deals like free drinks if you go in their bar-do this as its not the cheapest place
to drink!

The staff are friendly, the only thing that was bad about the hotel was the breakfast-we paid for breakfast one morning in the hotel
and it was horrible the egg yoke was hard and the bacon was just fat. There is a great Irish bar across the road which serves a lovely breafast tho!

They play english tv in the bar area and we were there during the world cup so they played all of the games on the big screen.

We never had a problem with getting a sun bed even at 1pm!
The pool is really big so didn't get cramped, which was great as that ment I could just float around on my lilo recovering from the night before!!!

I definately recommned this hotel especailly if you want to go the magaluf/palma nova but do want to get some sleep."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of August 2006

Would go to majorca again but too noisy where we stayed

"There is definitely nothing wrong with the Rosa Del Mar Apartments they were clean and cheerful. I would stay in them again but for the noise at night. I'm all for having a night life but we were literally up all night. We had kids with us as well which made it worse. My sister and partner had an apartment with a pool view and didn't hear anything but we had the front apartments. We were sat on the balcony at 3.45 most nights. Its a shame cos they were great apartments and all the staff were friendly. If you're planning a night life holiday I would deffo recommend these apartments."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of July 2006

No Sleep, Poor space In rooms but perfect Location

"Well... i stayed at the Rosa Del Mar in july 2002 on my first holiday aboard at the age of 14. When we entered the rooms i was shocked by the space and thought the toilet door was going to be another room... but i was wrong. Me, my older brother and parents stayed in a studio for a week...the hotel had to be the worst hotel ROOM i have ever stayed in. Uncomfortable beds, Hardly any space to walk and poor bathroom and rubbish channels on the TV. Balcony was Alright but below was a garden litterd with comdoms, rubbish, stray cats and on one accasion Vomit...nice!!!!!!
The pool area was pretty with a good pool side bar which served average food...i cant comment on the food at night because we was self catering...moving on from the negatives and to the possitves. Palma Nova is a beautiful area...the best ive been to. The beach was out of this world and only a 5 min walk from the hotel. At night i reccomand the blue bar right next to the beach. The food is amazing and staff are fab alway ready to help!
Water park is fantastic for all ages and a great laugh for the youngests... overall the holiday was a great one but the hotel spoilt it abit. I have to warn you about the horrible people that try to sell you time share....they talked my dad into it and he had to pay £1600, But if u have you head on right you wont go with them...they lie, lie and lie again!
neway i would reccomand this hotel for young groups that party alot, becuase its a very lively area. The hotel would have been great for me and my girls at my age now but not families and older people."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of June 2006

fanstatic location & people

"Nice hotel, Good atmosphere.

Cosmos reps were terrible and provided no help at all. As was the "Pirates UNCUT" show, Child size meals, no unlimited beer or wine.

Good clubs specially Alex's pub and BCM.

Papis's bar and restaurant was nice with funny waiters.

Beach not too far away, activites too.

Would recommend "Western water Park" and "Aqua Land"was brilliant!! strongly recommend.

Overall nice area and hotel!"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of June 2006

Hen party for Victoria

"We stayed here from sunday 14th May to Thursday 18th May.

On arrival the booking in took no time, and we were given our room keys. Opened the door and the room unfortunately had not been cleaned. We immediately told reception and it was cleaned straight away, whilst this was happening we went for a wander!
It was ready when we returned.
There were six of us, so they were able to give us rooms next to each other which was brilliant. Indoor Swimming Pool which was right next door to our room, but not noisy at all.
The only problem was the noisy staff in the morning.
Rooms were basic, but who cares when you are out until 5.30 am most mornings!!
The italian across the road was excellent, food was brilliant, and service fantastic! The waiter, a barcelona fan was watching the arsenal/barcelona match whilst we were there and was very chatty indeed!
We mostly spent our evenings in lennons and chaplins, where the drinks were flowing. Always negotiate your drink deals! They will offer more every time!
Overall, brilliant service at the hotel and would definately stay there again."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of May 2006

good location but some problems!

Good

"I have been to magaluf about 9 times and stayed at the rosa del mar in july 2005 with large group of friends, it was a good hotel and had a great pizza place just below it which was open till 7 each morning! room was good but one of our blacony doors didnt lock, we told the hotel staff but they didnt do anything, which resulted in five rooms including all of ours being robbed. the staff were not very helpful and it took a long time to get a rep to the hotel. however we were moved to another room (WITH working locks).
Other than the hotel we had a excellent time! I recomend BCM on the popcorn night!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of May 2006

great, friendly place to stay

"I have just returned from the Rosa Del Mar Aparthotel in Mallorca. I was on a mini-break with a group of friends with very mixed ages and expectations with regard to the hotel and holiday. WE LOVED IT!! The hotel was in an excellent location 2 mins from a beautiful beach, 2-5 mins from a range of quieter bars and shops and 5 mins walk from the Maguluf strip and therefore, provided something which everyone could enjoy. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean and the staff could not be more friendly or helpfull. You would not be disappointed with this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of September 2011

a great hotel!

"This was such a good hotel to stay in! The rooms are mostly clean, and the cleaners do a good job. The rooms are spacious and you feel comfortable in there. The pool area is fantastic. There is a lot of room for people to sunbathe and have a relaxing time! The pool is great. There's 3 different pools, the baby pool, the main pool, and a medium one where most people go to relax. This hotel is very popular so if you don't mind a lot of noise then that's fine because it does get very noisy most of the time! But this is a positive sometimes so you can watch people! The food is very good, and all the staff are so nice and friendly. The entertainment is good, and very suitable for the children. I thought this was an absolutely fantastic hotel and would defiantly go there again! And I recommend people to go there too! So go and book your holiday at the 'Rosa Del Mar' NOW! "

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2011

Hotels near Aparthotel Rosa del Mar

Stayed at Aparthotel Rosa del Mar? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Aparthotel Rosa del Mar

• karenlinsey by karenlinsey

"Its so lovely, quiet, lots of lovely places to eat, a place on the front with yellow chairs!! "

• karenlinsey by karenlinsey

"The strip in Magaluf is the best, Yellows, Crazy Golf in Palma Nova! "

• wilkes by wilkes

"El Salmon, El Mecca and Tabu. Visit Palma for a lovely day out and for shopping. "

• Lindasunshine by Lindasunshine

"The Italian just up from Eastenders Bar does a lovely "off the beach" 2 courses for 7.95 "

Aparthotel Rosa del Mar is also called