Aparthotel Playas Ca's Saboners

Avenida Cas Saboners 7, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Better than I expected

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"Due to financial restraints, my wife and I decided to book a cheap package deal for our wedding anniversary, on the basis that any get away is better than none, and this would allow us extra spending money. The Ca's saboners was therefore an unexpected surprise - The room was pleasantly decorated and clean (possibly newly refurbished?) , the pool area tidy and large, and the hotel staff very friendly. The snacks at the pool bar were both inexpensive and edible, and a fair selection were available. The only thing that stopped us giving the full rating was the lax maid service - We had to request replacement towels on day 5 of the holiday at reception, but they made sure that this was actioned promptly following the complaint.
Whilst the hotel is situated in a side road, the main parts of the resort were easily accessible on foot within minutes - Both Magaluf and Palma Nova beach are within 5 minutes walk, and the main club strip (Punta Ballena) also falls within this time frame. Being slightly set back, you are also not kept awake by loud music at night.
All in all, a really good experience, and an apartment complex I would be happy to stay at again"

• Travel date: Wed 14th of May 2008

Playa Cas Saboners 2008 - The Truth!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Hi,

We stayed at the Playa Cas Saboners and got home yesterday we were the first guests of the 2008 season.

We had a studio apartment which on the whole i couldn't fault it was a good size and clean and as we were on the corner we had a massive balcony looking over the pool and we were also lucky on that side as the sun didn't reach our balcony till about 10 and stayed with us for the rest of the day so at least we could sleep in a little later without getting too hot!

The reps were new and were getting used to it all but were very good but i think that this could be hit or miss depending on the crowd you get at your hotel. Kids entertainment was not the best I've seen but as i have no kids i spose i cant really comment!

My only issue was that the Air Conditioning was on heat as it was early in the season which meant we had to sleep with the balcony doors open which was unsafe. The safe cost us 23 euros for the week but remember most travel insurance policy's wont pay up if you have a safe in your room but chose not to use it!!

Beds were rubbish but having said that we have been to worse hotels!!

The pool was fantastic a great size and clean and was deep and shallow and had a seperate kiddies pool so enough for everyone to enjoy, sunbeds were plentiful and no reserving issues the only thing was there could have been more umbrellas but thats the only thing.

Hotel food not too bad and the bar had a good selection of drinks.

The only warning i have to any travelers to Majorca is the price of food and drink had risen substantially and the euro rate is not helping - average pint of san Miguel will cost about 3 euros = £2.60 ish so not as cheap as it used to be between 2 of us we spent approx 500 GBP just on food/drinks and a trip to the golf fantasia (11 euros) twice and marine land (20 euros each and not worth it)

I would go back to this hotel again if the euro improved so that the eating and drinking would be a bit better but should i go again i would definitely consider all inclusive more closely!

Anyone having booked at this hotel already rest assured you'll have a great time!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of May 2008

I love this place !!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"I have stayed at this complex around 6 times now the last being June 2005, I stayed here with my partner,son of 8 months, my father and friend.

I have always loved the atmosphere of this place, the receoption, bar staff and entertainment.

Its also one of the only self catering apartments in Magalluf/Palma Nova. The food on the complex is good, a little more expensive to those in the town but still of a good quality.

The apartments are spacious,clean and everything you will need for your stay. All have air conditioning which works very well!! The weather has always been manificent on every visit .....high 20's/early 30's.

This complex used to be thriving for families with young children, but of late and my last experience, it is becoming more for single, young adults who come out here for the party scene. It can get quite noisy at night, and with coaches coming and going its not the best nigt sleep I have had, although perhaps saying that better than possibly others as this is just off of the ctr and away from some of the nightlife!

Bar staff were great Oscar, Juan, and Marcus - although think MArcus has now left. Very funny an friendly. Brightened up our day!

I would definatley go back, but some attention needs to be paid at who this complex looks for, i.e families or singles!?"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of March 2008

A Rough Diamond

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Last year me and 7 others (mostly couples in our early 20's) stayed at Apartments Playas Ca's Saboners for two weeks in June. This was my first holiday abroad and everyone elses 2nd or whatever - suffice to say i was the only holiday virgin.

Staff: The hotel staff were friendly, and helpful when needed to be. They were more than willing to give us advice and show us in the right direction should be look lost.

Pool: We used the pool from about 3pm onwards as we all spent the majority of the day at the beach. The pool side wasn't always kept clean since people (visitors) seemed to forget that there are bins around. The sunbeds were really hard to get unless you woke up in the early parts of the morning. What got on my nerves was that people placed towels on them but buggered off to the beach! However, since we got to the pool quite late on sunbeds were on the offering.

Food: Breakfast was good, quite cheap and quite a bit on offer. However, if you would like to experience Palma Nova try other places, we got some superb deals and met some very lovely people. I'll mention them further below!

Apartment: My only bad point, was the noisey air-con. Apart from that, the apartment suited our needs which was to house our clothing, somewhere to shower and sleep and thats about it. The apartment was cleaned on a regular basis, the towels and sheets replaced! The ladies were very kind and with a few manors you could get a few extra towels.

Holiday Reps: They were ALWAYS helpful, gave us a few options on places to visit. However, please becareful on some of the offers. For example, we had a 1 Euro night, where selected bars gave us any drink for 1 euro. Needless to say, this wasn't the case. Many clubs didn't know about the deal and charged us normal rates! I'm personally not a big drinker at all but many of my friends and their partners were at that bothered them.

Other offers which i would rate in a heartbeat are:

Pirates Uncut (adult version - contains swearing) - This show was beyond amazing. Absolute fun!

Western Water Park - Cool place, fantastic acrobatic shows and awesome rides. The 30m drop slide is not for the faint hearted but just to pimp my own adrenaline junkie side - i done it twice. Go me!

Crazy Golf in Palma Nova - How cool is this place, forget crazy golf at Blackpool or Gt Yarmouth, this place is MASSIVE.

Palma and Palma Cathedral - The city is a fantastic place to visit with fantastic shops. The entire city is rich of history! As for the cathedral - What a piece of art, if you like achitecture and history then this place is a must. The building work, the culture is absolutely amazing.

Bars/Places to eat: We went to a few bars, Papis being one. The employees and owner were fantastic and often sat down with us for a drink, teaching us basic spanish. They always showed us respect and in return we gave it.

I would however recommend 'The Blue Bar'. We went there 6 times in all and it was run by fantastic people. They were beyond friendly, the food n' reception was fantastic. Words simply don't give the place the justice is deserves. I believe the manager is called Frank, can't be to sure but needless to say that man is a true gentleman (basically has the gift of the gab! Ha!)

Beach: To get to the beach you walk outside the apartment, cross the road, walk down some stairs and you can see the beach. It's less than 1 minute away! The beach has space for ball games, sunbeds at a cost. Snorkling was fantastic and if you walk to the left of the beach, you'll see some rock formations you can fish off (we caught a few). Pedal boats are for hire and they are fun. Please note, i'm going to use caps lock so you read this and take it on board - WATCH FOR PEOPLE SELLING DRINKS/FRUIT, THEY CHARGE THE ABSOLUTE EARTH. Many people got caught out and thankfully we witnessed it to learn from their mistake. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING OFF THEM. The shops on the seafront are more than perfect.

Club Reps: Becareful, they apparently have the gift of the gab but they are utterly rude. Many times we were called names simply because we didn't want to visit a club/bar we went to previously (so many we want to try as many as we can).

BCM: First impressions always count, the dance floor was full of sick and smelt rotton. Never went back, refused to and quite glad i did. If you want to get absolutely hammered this is your thing however. Just becareful if you fall over.

All in all our stay was top notch, we learned a few things and this year we are going back (Late June-July) to stay at this apartment since in two weeks we simply couldn't get enough of the place. Just like everywhere, there are ins and outs of any place. This apartment is basic but what more do you need? It suits the needs if you are willing to explore Palma Nova as a whole and experience the great outdoors. If you limit yourself to the apartment you'll be fine but there is so much more out there.

Hopefully on our return we'll do the nature reserve which looked fantastic (horse riding, climbing, BBQ etc etc).

I hope our stay is better or matched this time around."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of February 2008

Fantastic Time had by All

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We have just returned from 2 weeks and had a great time, ok the rooms could be updated, especially the electrics but other than that we had a great holiday. Staff were great, Juan, Hose, Chemma, Moni, Marina, Oscar to name a few - they were brilliant and we had a great laugh with them. Met quite a few people there and had great nights in and out of the apartments.

FANTASTIC!!!! Would love to go back!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of October 2007

Not as good as in the Brochure.

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Had the last 2 weeks in August in these apartments and was disappointed with the hotel overall.
The place seemed to me as if it was being ran on a small budget.
The apartment we stayed in was clean but all of the appliances and fittings were ageing and looking in need of refurbishment.
The pool area did not seem to be cleaned very regularly, i's possible i saw cleaners poolside twice in the 2 weeks we were there. Yesterdays rubbish was always lying around unless a strong wind kicked up during the night.
The bar which served both inside the hotel and the pool area was understaffed. Depending on which counter the solitary barman chose to serve was the diiference between waiting 5 mins if lucky or 20-25 mins if unlucky.
Evening entertainment again had the air of very low budget, i'm not expecting the royal variety show every night but the offerings here have to be the worst i have come across in 20 years of travelling abroad.
If it had not been for the location and the fact we had a group of 11 adults and children to entertain ourselves then i feel i would have been desperately unhappy with this holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of September 2007

V Average

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"Not too bad, in desperate need of updating, electric lights hanging out of ceiling, 1 of the beds in the twin room had a matress that was hard as concrete, batheroom dated but generally the apartment was reasonably clean. Pool area quite nice and clean. Staff where ok, entertainment was pretty poor for example 1 evening they had a rare bird show where there was an owl in a glass box with lots of people knocking on the cage, I myself found this quite disturbing and was not at all entertained! nor I suppose was the poor owl! Good location, v close to supermarket, beach, shops etc

Not the worst place I've stayed but sorry to say would not return."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of September 2007

holiday review

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"we have just returned from two week holiday at ca,s saboners.location really good for beach,bars,supermarket. staff very friendly and helpful. apartment clean but small , no good for more than two adults.pool at the time looked great but several people including my wife came down with bad ear infection.(if it happens to one of your family ,go to the pharmacy down the steps first left ,then first right) only cost three euros for antibiotics,not sixty euros!!!!! to get a doctors note to tell you the same. go in the lift at your own peril i got stuck in it for thirty mins till somebody got the maintence man .if you decide to hire a car from avis check the interior (we had sick on the back seats at no extra cost!!!!!!.)
get up early to get a sun lounger about six inthe morning!!!!
night security very good we had some nice man and wife knocking hell out of each other at two in the morning in the next apartment ,one phone call and the security called to the nice couple, had words with them, problem solved .
some good points, lovely meals at KATIES onthe beach front ,
some nice bars, palma nova the nicest beach for a family, palma , porta cristo, worth a trip.
hope my comments will help you have a nice and safe holiday .
the apartments could be much better with a bit more thought, better night entertainment, bar food,better behaviour off other brits"

• Travel date: Tue 21st of August 2007

Perfect Hotel for young people

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. For what we paid we were exceptionally surprised. There was a mixture of families and other young groups of boys and girls.

Have to admit we were pretty loud but what do you expect of a hotel practically on the corner of magaluf's strip? People have complained on other reviews and when we were there of lots of noise but why book a family holiday at the beginning of the season when you know it will be full of loud groups of young people! Its Magaluf!
Apart from that the rooms were lovely and the pool always clean.
Must Dos: Pirate show and BCM and Palma Nova Beach."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of June 2007

Great holiday in Majorca

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"We have just returned from a week at the Playa ca's Sabones in Majorca. Thought I'd write a review as there doesn't seem to be any on here for this hotel.

We booked this hotel as a late deal and to be honest weren't expecting much. I'm pleased to say that we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean and facilities good, although none of us have kids I noticed there was a dedicated childrens entertainer. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpfull at all times which was refreshing.

The best thing about the hotel for us was the location. it's located in between Palma Nova and Magalluf so you have the option of going to the bars and restaurants from both areas. A great hotel if your holidaying with a group of mates or if you have a family.

Check out the water park and Pirates show, both are a cheap cab ride away!"

• Travel date: Thu 24th of May 2007

Excellent

Reviewed Tue 10th of June 2014

"Only been back 6 days and still missing the place. Apartments quite basic, however not sure what some people expect!!. They are clean which is all I ask, maids came in twice in the week, changed towels, made beds and even folded children's pj's. Staff very friendly and helpful, and Pool lovely. Would advise to try and get a room away from road, as traffic quite noisy at night in bedroom."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of June 2014

August 2013

Reviewed Tue 13th of August 2013

"My fourth visit to these apartments which offer good value for money and a good location. Unfortuantely we were robbed whilst staying here too and were given the impression by management that this is not uncommon. With us too it appears they had a key. We had ipads and and i phone stolen. My advise if possible, do not stay on the ground floor and if taking anything of value lock it away. The hotel has safes in the room for rent and if belongings are in the safe they are insured by the hotel - we did not discover this until after the theft. I am returning with friends in Sep but would not return with children, the apartments seem to be attracting more and more groups of young people which did make it noisy at night. Bottles and cigarette butts could be found on the grass in the morning."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of August 2013

Hotels near Aparthotel Playas Ca's Saboners

Stayed at Aparthotel Playas Ca's Saboners? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Aparthotel Playas Ca's Saboners

• russlea by russlea

"Lovely place - nice & clean everywhere and great for all types of families "

• zoep18 by zoep18

"Go to Katmandu - the upside down restuarent, BCM - the nightclub, the Baywatch bar and Jokers! "

• saramc1984 by saramc1984

"Beautiful place to stay,excellent for families "

• cykath by cykath

"A great central base. "

• chips1971 by chips1971

"it does what it does and it does it well "

• Pippa by Pippa

"Great apartment, great location, great family holiday! "

• Phil by Phil

"Dont do organised trips, book it all yourself so much cheaper, use taxis and local busses. "

• j rainey by j rainey

"make sure u get rooms on right as u get sun all day "

• derwin7 by derwin7

"plenty to do in town,just be warey of leaving valubles in room "

• bella2809 by bella2809

"Ask for room not to be on the road side of complex "

Aparthotel Playas Ca's Saboners is also called