We just returned from a week holiday in...

Reviewed Fri 19th of September 2008

"We just returned from a week holiday in the hawaii. The hotel was very nice and clean, staff were friendly. However all being 17, i wouldnt recommend this hotel for young people, as it is more of a family hotel, but nightlife was very near..5min walk into BCM square. Definately go to BCM, fab! Food was fab and very varied!! We liked the chicken. We had a great holiday! :) "

• Travel date: Fri 19th of September 2008

just returned had 2 weeks half board 4...

Reviewed Wed 27th of August 2008

"just returned had 2 weeks half board 4 adults and 3 children age 9, 11 and 12.
had a fantastic time loved the hotel , location , staff and food , entertainment staff were brill , had a laugh at all the daily games we played,
very clean well run hotel with very freindly staff apart from the odd bar man ,
fantastic and would definately return to this hotel again .
dobson/chartes clan"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of August 2008

Just returned from a two week holiday i...

Reviewed Thu 21st of August 2008

" Just returned from a two week holiday in this hotel. We are a family of four, two kids, 14 & 10. Hotel is fine but a little dated. The walls in the hotel are paper thin, you can hear perfectly the conversation taking place in the next rooms. Rooms are cleaned daily. It is ideally situated for both Palmanova and Magalluf. Palmanova is nice enough but Magalluf is a dump, dirty and smelly, exactly what you would expect from a resort popular with large groups of lads/ladettes. Food at the hotel was ok but got a little repetative after two weeks.
Cant comment on the entertainment as I didn't use it however my wife took our daughter one night to the Disney show and although our daughter enjoyed it, my wife said it was pretty naff. The pool is very small for the amount of guests and as with every other hotel we have stayed in you have to be at the pool by 0730 if you want to beat the sunbed vultures. Do yourself a favour and use the beach instead.
There are plenty of bars and clubs nearby but none of them kept us awake at night. There is a bar just down the hill from the hotel called The Blue Bar. This place is a little gem and gives all a real Mallorcan welcome. The owner, Francis and the staff are all great. We used it every night and by the end of our holiday we were treated like family.
One thing you have to do while in Mallorca is the Pirate show. It is a really spectacular show with acrobatics and stunts. We loved it!!
There are a number of water parks nearby, we went to the Westernworld water park and had a great day.
We had a day in Palma and found it a beautiful city. Good for shopping but a little spread out.
Overall we had a great time at the Hawaii and Palmanova is a nice resort suitable for everyone. "

• Travel date: Thu 21st of August 2008

My family inc 2 children ( 7,3) and my p...

Reviewed Wed 13th of August 2008

"My family inc 2 children ( 7,3) and my parents have just arrived back home from the hotel hawaii. We had a fantastic time, Weather was very hot, Rooms were very spacious (4 single beds in our room). Food was of good variety most nights, could have been a touch warmer but it certainly didn't spoil our mealtimes. Entertainment staff were fantastic with both children and adults. Very clean hotel and staff throughout were friendly except the odd one or two. A slight steep hill to climb to get to hotel, but in a very good location overlooking Palma Nova. I'm already looking for the right deal to return again next year."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of August 2008

Just returned from a family holiday for...

Reviewed Fri 8th of August 2008

"Just returned from a family holiday for 2 weeks at the Marina Torrenova, half board. We have a 4 and 5 year old. The hotel I would rate as a definate 3 star (which is what is officially rated), not as Thomson rate as 4 star. The location of the hotel is ok, however a bit hilly when venturing to the beach. The bedrooms were very small and quite dated. The food choice was very basis, unless management were in attendance when the quality and choice was much better. Breakfast was good, however evening meal was poor (chips, hamburgers, chicken drumsticks, jelly ham etc and for kids spagetti bolognese, chicken nuggets, pizza and chips. If you don't arrive for meals at opening times you would be left with scraps and the staff did not replenish hot food very quickly especially if only half hour to end of meal time. Entertainment fine for children, however family show at 10 pm was not very professional. If you wish to obtain a sunbed for your family you require to queue from around 7 am every morning for opening time at 8.30 am, even though the hotel's rule was "no reserving sunbeds". An instance of child's faeces in the childrens pool, was not managed at all by the hotel staff to take account of health and safety for other families (children in particular) using the pool. The life guard attended the pool (around 4 pm), talked on his radio, obviously to hotel management to advise them of the faeces, did not inform any adults at the pool, however some parents passed the information to each other, so there were still children swimming in the pool and continued to let families use the pool, whilst they used a fishing rod to remove the faeces, however smears still remained. When we reported this to the Thomson's rep, he advised us he could not do anything about it, so we spoke with hotel manager, who advised they did not want to tell families about this to upset them by removing everyone from the pool. I am sure families would prefer their children being prevented from deceases obtained from human faeces. They did inform us additional quantities of chlorine would be used that night!!!!

Drinks were very pricey and charged at various amounts for the same drinks. Staff were ok but they had no time to talk, especially to the children.

We would never return to this hotel and would certainly not rate as 4 star. We have stayed at Thomson 4 star accommodation (Flamingo Oasis, Benidorm all inclusive-fabulous) - will be back there next year. The Marina Torrenova should obtain some tips from Flamingo Oasis on how to achieve 4 star.

• Travel date: Fri 8th of August 2008

We have just returned from 10 days at th...

Reviewed Sun 27th of July 2008

"We have just returned from 10 days at this hotel. We were a party of 12, 6 adults and 6 teenagers/young adults.

This hotel is in a nice position close to a lovely beach. The hotel itself is very clean. It lacks pleasant public areas in which to sit, there is no service for drinks or coffee/tea. The dining hall was very busy and the food was generally of a poor standard. The staff in the dining hall were generally unfriendly and at times the place resembled a cattle market!!.

Contary to the brochure guidlelines there appears to be no dress code, in fact we felt overdressed!!

The hotel is noisy, mainly from the guests!!! If you want a sun bed by the pool then you need to get up before 8am in order to reserve yours. we did not bother as the beach was much nicer. The adult only pool was full of children and was quite small.

Situated between palma nova and magaluf the hotel is well placed for the younger members of the party however, they did not venture into magaluf more than once as it was filthy and smelt. Palma nova is nicer with some pleasant resturants and bars.

• Travel date: Sun 27th of July 2008

Absolutley fantastic, we went with a 10...

Reviewed Sat 12th of July 2008

"Absolutley fantastic, we went with a 10 month old baby and couldnt have been happier there was everything we needed. Never been to a cleaner hotel room was cleaned and fresh towels were done every day.
Staff ok, food was fine quite a good variety, definatly guna return here.
Location was fantastic, close to beach, restaurants n bars.
Nothing else to say but FANTASTIC"

• Travel date: Sat 12th of July 2008

Just arrived home from an excellent holi...

Reviewed Sun 15th of June 2008

"Just arrived home from an excellent holiday at the Hawaii. Excellent Location, fantastic panoramic views of Southern Majorca from our room, rooms cleaned every day. Hotel is on a hill but if you access the hotel from the beach you wont notice the hill. Excellent selection of food in restaurant.... ie. large selection of Fresh Breads, Cereals, Exotic Fruits, Salads, Pates, Soups and hot food. The Hot buffet consisted of a lot of chips, fish, spagetti bolognese & small cuts of either lamb or pork, this was average but something for everyone, its exactly what one should expect for a holiday in this price range. If you get fed up with the food, there is an array of English Restaurants serving fabulous food all day long and just steps from the hotel. The beers and spirits on offer to all inclusive clients is all local, which is fine, if you prefer you can also purchase imported beers or spirits for a small supplement (ie. 1.45 euro for a bottle of Budweiser). In general we found staff extremely helpful & friendly, however, we with the exception of the dining room staff, who i must admit we did find very rude. Its the only downfall we found with this hotel.

The entertainment was excellent, there is a different semi professional show on each night, followed by dancing for the children, hotel bar closes on the button on 12 midnight.

I would recommend this hotel to anybody, its not really suitable for people with walking difficulties due to the location of the hotel on a hill, however there was a couple there with a child in a wheelchair and they have been returning to this hotel for the past number of years and love it.

P.S. Bring your plugs and sprays for the Mosquitos! "

• Travel date: Sun 15th of June 2008

First family holiday abroad for my two y...

Reviewed Tue 10th of June 2008

"First family holiday abroad for my two young children. Absolutely brilliant hotel, loads to do with regards to entertainment and locality of the beach etc. Food was very good with a wide selection for our children who kept going back for second's. Looking at going back in October because we loved it so much.

Staff were very pleasant and well represented, hotel was very clean. Ideal for young families/families due to distance from the airport etc.

Brilliant!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 10th of June 2008

Recently came back and absolutely loved...

Reviewed Wed 21st of May 2008

"Recently came back and absolutely loved it!
Great hotel, fantastic location, good food and drinks and brilliant entertainment! Will definitely be going back.
Hotel was spotlessly clean and staff were always well presented. Food was good, plenty of selection for adults and children alike. Pool area was good too, always clean and never had a problem getting a sunbed.
Hotel is in a great location, although it is on a hill it is not too steep and the beach is a 2 minute walk away, shops are about 5 min walk away.
Rooms were a little bit dated but still excellent for a 3 star. Requested a sea view and got it - fantastic view across the beach and sea.
Entertainment was fab, something different every night. People of all ages were here when we stayed and everyone seemed to be having a good time.
Ideal place for young couples and families - there is so much to do nearby. Definitely recommend Marineland with the dolphin show. There is also Pirates which we didnt see but was apparently fantastic and I would recommend a trip into Palma for the market.
We went the week before the 'open' season and I would go back at this time. On the last day it did get a bit rowdy with a lot of young people arriving for the night life but it was never a problem.
Great place, will definitely be returning!"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of May 2008

Can’t fault Sunshine.co.uk, very good...

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2007

"Can’t fault Sunshine.co.uk, very good service.

The hotel Hawaii was clean and very noisy. The food was really shocking and for it to be an all inclusive package it was absolute garbage. No other words for it.

Whenever you went to get a drink you were made to feel like you should not be having it.

The drinks and food for the children were awful, we spent a lot money going out for meals, this hotel is taking the Mickey out all inclusive they should take a trip to Mexico to see how it’s really done at a lot less cost, it’s a pity because the resort is wonderful.

Good service from Sunshine.co.uk."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of November 2007

Arrived at hotel with parents, who I'd p...

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2007

"Arrived at hotel with parents, who I'd persuaded to holiday abroad for the first time in their lives- no expectations then!?! We had requested a sea view, but as another poster mentioned, didn't really see much of the sea as we were on floor 1. This was doable though, you could see the sea through the trees and we hadn't planned on spending much time in our rooms.

The rooms were clean, tidy and although a little dated were perfectly functional. Until I went into my parents room (adjoining by the way). There was a clicking noise coming from a small panel, it seemed to be electrical. I rang reception and they were in the room within minutes, fair play. He said he'd get maintenance to check it out. We went out to acquaint ourselves with the area, returned and the problem had been rectified, hooray!

The first night we were woken briefly by drunks returning to their rooms, somewhere around 1 or 2 o'clock. The noise levels were such that they woke you up but you could return to sleep a couple of minutes later where no doubt they'd entered their rooms and fell asleep in a face full of kebab! The second night was a different story. The drunken stumbles to their rooms and then proceeded to shout to one another from what seemed like opposite ends of the corridor. They were braying on doors, "let me in". After a while I got dressed went to the door and asked them to "SSSSHHHHH". Which was the considerate version of what I'd wanted to say! They responded with "@uck off you old bag!!". Bag, maybe, old no! 30 if you don't mind. I lay in my room fuming. When they went into their rooms I went to the reception and spoke to the man in charge, he wanted to know what rooms they were in but I knew there would be no point whatsoever talking to these idiots in their drunken state. Instead I set my alarm to get to reception to ask to change rooms. The reception staff are all incredibly helpful, I first was given a room for my parents and later was relieved to find there was another room for me and my partner!

I later saw the embarrassed drunks leave the hotel carrying their golf clubs- what a surprise, rude, drunk, arrogant, they had to be golfers! Anyhoo, eating out around the hotel is nice, an abundance of steakhouses, godfather, mariachi's and I can highly recommend The Blue Bar at the bottom of the big hill, fab steaks, even better lobster, yum yum! The Boathouse on Magalluf beach serves great food with great service. Try and eat there on an evening you won't be let down.

We had a night in and the receptionist kindly ordered in pizza's for us, from Diablos. The receptionist also proved a star when on our last day, the return transfer- Thanks Mallorca Transfers for spoiling our last day- didn't bother to show up, I tried to contact them via the number they listed on out booking details, no answer, I even checked online-on my phone- no doubt at huge expense, to find the same number listed. My parents were distraught, I was quite angry. The receptionist got us a cab straight away and helped us to make the flight home.

I cannot compliment the staff in this hotel highly enough, the staff really are superb. I've haven't been afforded such courtesy in some 4* establishments. Top marks for staff, ok location- hills good for calves! Hotel overall, I'd stay again- as long as it was golfer free!"

• Travel date: Fri 19th of October 2007