Hotel Costa Azul

Avenida Gabriel Roca 7, 07014 Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Spain

what a superb hotel

"hotel was in a wonderful position especially if you are into boats the view was superb room was large and spotless the staff were some of the friendliest I have ever met they could not do enough the reception staff were in particular very helpful arranging trips that the travel company we had travelled with did'nt seem to be interested in us as we were the only two there from that company we shall definitely be staying there again"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2005

Go half board!

Good

"We've just got back from a fantastic break in Palma, which had all the advantages of a city break combined with a sea/countryside holiday. The hotel was great. Staff were almost always helpful and friendly, yes the bar is cheap, but the real icing on the cake was the food. We thought we might eat at the hotel once or twice - in fact, we never went anywhere else for dinner. The location is brilliant, the pool is not as diappointing as some reports suggest, though it is fairly small. Views from the balcony are fab.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to couples - but kids, it's not for you."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of August 2005

just what the doctor ordered

"Fab 4 days, My daughter and I stayed for 4 nights at this Hotel,We were on the 8th floor with the most amazing views, I can only say this was great value for Money, We strolled into the centre stopping for a refresher on the way ,(well we were on holiday) browsed around the fabulous shops, went a on boat trip, lazed around on the sun terrace, had a cople of light lunches at the cappachinco bar just on the road ( highly recommended) , After 4 days felt totally relaxed, and felt like we had been there for longer. my Husband and i are thinking of taking all the stress out of Christmas and looking to spend it here."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of August 2005

Great Value.Beautiful Views

Good

"On a recent week to Palma we stayed at the Costa Azul and were very pleasantly surprised considering the price we paid, the hotel was very nice. It overlooks the harbour and the night views were spectacular.The Costa Azul sits on a busy road,but once in your room you cannot hear a thing.
The food was very good as we decided to take half board which was only a few pounds extra and great value for money considering the choice you had.It is well worth considering.The rooms were quite basic but clean and tidy and air conditioned and have tv but with very limited channels ,ie only cnn in English. We had a sea view which had a balcony which was nice for sitting on at night if you wanted just to sit and relax after an evening out.,though it was quite noisy with traffic it was all part of the beauty of the bustling city.The view at night was spectacular when the cruise ships were in the harbour and the Cathederal lit up.

The position of the hotel is maybe a little farther out of the centre but it was easy to walk in.and a bus service stopped right outside the hotel door.making it easy to get around to different places.All in all a good value three star hotel.good bar prices and good food. The only thing I missed was no tea/coffee making facilities in the bedroom."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of August 2005

Boo Hoo!!......want to still be in Palma

"My partner and I have just returned from staying at the Costa Azul in Palma (stayed there for 4 nights). The hotel is in an excellent location for Palma as it is only about a 10 to 15 minute walk to the centre.....along a very nice harbour.

When we arrived I purposely asked for a room situated on a high floor due to reading reviews on this site. The staff went out of their way to provide me with this (at no extra cost!!) and I was able to check in at 10am. Wow what a view is all I can say. Totally spectacular and even nicer when you chill on your balcony and take it all in. Would strongly recommend anyone to request a high floor with a view.
The breakfast was nice with various options and loads of tables.

The only negative comment I have to make of the hotel is the bar seemed desserted. On the 4 nights I stayed there there the most number of people I seen in there was about 2. Shame as the bar was very attractive and would of been great with entertainment.

I visited the local Indian next door and was very impressed. Good value for money food and the layout of the restaurant and presentation of the food was fantastic.

Now for any music lovers.....we were told by a local bar owner there are very few bars in Palma now due to a new law restriction with noise in Palma...hence all the bars have moved. I hopped onto a bus to Palma Nova (about 20 mins) and then got a taxi back (approx 18 euros). Palma Nova is very touristy but I found the beach lovely and some nice cocktail bars and very nice sangria!! For those who want to stay local there is a good irish bar around the corner from the hotel which is called Hogans and has some good live bands playing.

Happy Holiday's!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of August 2005

Excellent Value Hotel!!

"21 girls stayed here for a hen weekend and we had a great time! The hotel is such good value for money, it worked out about £30 per person, per night sharing a twin room and that includes a really good buffet breakfast. The rooms aren't massive but are clean, comfortable and most of us had a balcony with a view overlooking the marina. Although, the rooms don't have hairdryers in them, so remember to take your own. There is a pool, but its size makes it more for dipping than actually swimming (you won't be doing lengths in it!) It's about 15 minute walk into Palma town but there are some fab bars about 5 minute walk the other way. I organised the trip and booked the rooms on my credit card directly with the hotel, so didn't have to pay all up front and then the girls just paid their individual room bills on departure. The staff were very helpful and friendly - I would definitely go back again!"

• Travel date: Sat 18th of June 2005

Great Hotel

"Palma is a beautiful city by day or night. Plenty to do and places to eat. The Hotel was in an excellent location, the staff were very friendly and helpful especially the reception and bar area. One dissapointment was the pool as it was small and the brochure was misleading also there was no pool bar open at this time of year. Hotel drinks-prices were cheaper than outside which is unusual. There was two nights of entertainment which was ok for the older clients in the hotel. There were
four adults of varying ages from 20-70 who all enjoyed the holiday.
The maid service was excellent. The only real criticism was the sound proofing between the rooms which could be improved.
Would consider going there again. Easily worth 4 star in brochures."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of June 2005

Very nice hotel, basic but very central.

Good

"Hard to fault the hotel, it is very central to Palma and close to Bus stops, shops and some small resteraunts. The hotel is clean and tidy, with good breakfasts and a comfortable bar area. The swimming pool is very cold and quite small, but ideal for those who want to cool off after a day in Palma. Temperatures in Mallorca in late May were tipping 37 degrees, so the swimming pool was very useful. Bus stops came in handy, though some drivers just didn't stop at them despite being asked. I could not help but thinking it had something to do with the fact that we were tourists!

Hotel staff were friendly, there was entertainment in the bar and the service at breakfast was super. We have visited the Costa Azul twice now and I'm sure we will do so again."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of June 2005

Brilliant city holiday

"Booked online, flights separate. Worried about lack of tickets and brochure, but had no need. The hotel was in a brilliant situation, close to the main old town. Food was plentiful, varied and very good. Rooms were clean and more than adequate. Great view of the marina. Staff helpful. I would not hestitate to advise anyone to try this hotel, ready to go back myself!"

• Travel date: Sat 21st of May 2005

Mixed Review

"Positives:

* Swimming pool. Too small to swim in but nice for cooling off.

* Ping Pong.

* Unlimited buffet with reasonable food catering for the predominantly British and German guests.

* Short distance to bus stops.

Negatives:

* Despite the high outdoor temperature and radiators unnecessarily pumping out heat, the receptionist was very reluctant to enable the air conditioning unit in our room.

* Half board includes evening meals but this doesn't include any kind of drink. We had to pay 1.5 euros for 500ml of water. The head waiter told us that we'd pre-paid for food but not drink (despite drink being supplied with the breakfast).

* The chief receptionist was rude and unhelpful when we politely complained about the lack of water at dinner.

* The food at the buffet is not always recognisable and is not labelled. I overheard several other guests questioning what some of the food items were. I was unsure, for example, whether I was putting fried squid or onion rings on my plate.

Verdict:

The poor way in which the staff dealt with the air conditioning and tap water situations put me off this hotel. Improved customer relations would have encouraged me to write a much more positive review."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of April 2005

value for money

Good

"wonderful location.Rooms vary,book the best you can afford. Food adequate, restaurante staff very helpful,especially Francisco who should be appreciated for the jewel he is.He is hardworking, polite and good natured. Remember you are paying for 3 star not 4 and this is very good value.Views heart stopping and nice flat walk into Palma central. Bus stop to everywhere across the road and couple of super tapas bars by the harbour.
Joan"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of February 2011

Great Place to stay in Palma

Good

"My wife and I stayed in this hotel from the 16th to 21st September 2010, on a half board basis.
The room was spotless, quite large with twin beds, air-con, two armchairs, his and hers large wardrobes (with safety deposit box built in) and a small fridge. We also had a brilliant view of the port. Cupboard space was more than adequate for a two week stay.
The bathroom had a bidet, W/C, washbasin and overbath shower. Towels were changed every day and our bed sheets were changed at least twice in 5 days.

The hotel staff were all friendly and helpfull. English is spoken by all the front line staff.

The restaurant catered for all tastes and the food was excellent, whether it was breakfast or evening meal.
However, the British really did let the side down by their mealtime shoving and pushing to get to the food. I have never seen, what I can only describe as a bunch of gannets, at most meal times. Fortunately, if you pick yout time, you can avoid the main scrum and eat in relative peace. I emphasize that this is not a critism of the hotel but more an observation.
All in all, a great place to stay. Very convenient for Palma town and the Cathedral. There are bus stops to Palmanova, the aeroport and varias other places to visit, very near to the hotel.
We will certainly stay here again"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of September 2010

Hotels near Hotel Costa Azul

Stayed at Hotel Costa Azul? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Costa Azul

• moo by moo

"palma great for culture,food,and wonderful views "

Hotel Costa Azul is also called