Grupotel Nilo & Spa

Calle Malgrat 9, 07160 Peguera, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Good

Having previouly stayed at a grupotel we...

"Having previouly stayed at a grupotel we expected high standards and were not disapointed. The location of the hotel is fantastic as its just 1 minute from the main street which is very pretty and full of good shops, bars and restaurants. The beach and promendade, where there are several more bars is just 2 minutes from the hotel. The hotel staff were exceptional in their friendliness and were always eager to please. Particular thanks to Jesus in the bar. The restaurant served a great selection of food and our 7 yr old eat well every night. Nice pool and gardens to relax in, the hotel generally had a good relaxing feel. Balcony was spacious with padded reclining chairs, aircon in room was very efficient. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with young children and couples. The hotel and resort make for a vey relaxing holiday and I would highly recommend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of August 2008

The hotel was lovely could not fault at...

"The hotel was lovely could not fault at all.

The tour operator, well that is different, Thomson actually didn't notify the hotel that we were arriving until a week before, and the hotel was full for our first night.

The hotel were brilliant and we were put into an apartment for the first night. The food was very good, and the hotel staff were excellent.

The resort is, I would say, 90 per cent German, but this is not a bad thing, as we didn't see one football shirt the whole time we were there.

This area is totally unspoilt, and let’s hope it stays that way.

There is a Bar just outside the hotel, it is called "Geckos" and is definitely worth a visit, the barman is very entertaining, you will have a good evening.

Also across the road there is "La Terraza,” this is a Cafe Bar, the young couple in there were also very welcoming. At the end of the road there is the Boulevard which has a variety of restaurants, bars, shops and also the beach. The whole place is very warm and friendly.

The Boulevard is pretty busy during the day and evening. We also went to a nightclub "Rendezvous"; it was definitely an experience and well worth a visit.

It is a lovely place; I am so glad that I chose this for my holiday."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of May 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Nilo for...

"My husband and I stayed at the Nilo for 10 days in August 2006 with our 15 year old son. The hotel was clean, well maintained and attractive. Our room was a good size with a beautiful marble bathroom and huge terrace. It has to be said that the hotel is used mostly by Germans so as English speaking guests we were something of a novelty but the staff were great and seemed to relish practising their English on us! The waiters were especially friendly and often supplied us with complimentary wine with our snack lunch. Breakfasts and evening meals were geared towards the Germans tastes but there was a good variety of hot and cold options. The pool area was attractive with plenty of sunbeds despite the early appearance of towels reserving some of them!

Paguera was clean and safe with an abundance of shops along the Boulevard to browse through when the beach became too hot. We often spent the evenings on the promenade at one of the bars and didn't ever see any loutish behaviour. It's true that there isn't a very lively nightlife, very few discos etc. but the atmosphere of the place was lovely.

The best feature is the beach and turquoise sea though, which is warm as bathwater in the height of summer."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of September 2006

Hotels near Grupotel Nilo & Spa

Stayed at Grupotel Nilo & Spa? Share your insight.

Grupotel Nilo & Spa is also called