Sol Katmandu Park & Resort

Calle Galeon, s/n Calvia Beach, 07181 Magaluf, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Good

Nice holiday........shame about the food!!

"The hotel was great, clean rooms and public areas. It is located in an ideal spot, not too far from beach, shops, restaurants etc. The entertainments team were very good. BUT... the dining room was terrible. It was like a works canteen, very cramped and very disorgonised. The food was reasonable but not kept very hot, there was a chef carving meat quite a way from the hotplate (it took 3 days before we knew he was there) and very poorly presented. The dining room staff consisted of a group of miserable looking men that made you feel as though you presence there was a great inconveniance to them.
There are better Sol hotels in Magalluf, ie. Barbados Sol, and Trinidad Sol."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of January 2005

Amazing for girlie groups

"It was the first holiday i had without my parents, and it was amazing.i went with two of my friends, we were all 17.The hotel was very clean and welcoming and the food was of all differant varieties, although i am a very picky eater i was very satisfied with my meals.It is a very short distance from the beach and all of the nightlife. Most nights we didn't get back till about 5o'clock but the guy at reception always had a smile. I would definately recommend this hotel for the younger groups of teenagers because it rocked!"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of November 2004

Matches the Surroundings

"If you can stand Magalluf, then you probably won't mind the Magalluf Park Hotel. But if you think you are going for a vacation in Spain, forget it. The whole area is a microcosm of downscale Britain.

The food is atrocious--greasy bacon, overcooked vegetables, etc. The bread, however is great.

The rooms are clean, and there is plenty of hot water in the shower.

I found the hotel staff surly, but that was probably because I was part of a large group that had negotiated pretty low rates. Still, they were really unhelpful."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of November 2004

great hotel

"just returned from a 4 night stay at the magalluf park and have to say it is one of the best hotels in magalluf.it is very clean,great location and the food was excellent.i would highly recommend it to anyone.it is worth booking direct with the hotel for a short break as it is quite cheap."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of October 2004

Party at the Park

"We took 80+ guests out to this hotel from the 4th October - 9th October for a Country Music week.
The staff at the hotel were fantastic as was the restaurant, bar, swimming pool and rooms. The feedback from our guests says it all " Can we come again next year" and we are."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of October 2004

Recommended- Sol Magaluf Park hotel

Good

"I stayed here for 3 days on my Hen do. the hotel was in an excellent location for both beach and nightlife. Tthe hotel was vey clean, with comfortable spacious rooms. the food was also excellant. i would definatly recommend this hotel to anyone, and am already planning to come back here next year to celebrate my 1st anniversary!!"

• Travel date: Wed 6th of October 2004

great hol well worth the price

"family of 4 went for 2 weeks 13 august 2004.
Lots of families and couples at the hotel and it is very clean and the food is good but it can be a bit the, same-old same-old, re-done. Customer services are excellant any problem is solved.
Heard some reports of cockroaches but did not see any in my room. However if you take food to your room u may get some, caught one in the room next door because my mother-law took fruit after breakfast to her, and my duaghters room.
Inform reception and they will spray the room. No more appeared after that.
Wouldn't go again to magaluf at this time of year to many loud mouth louts, especially cockneys, carn't hold there beer (Really). 2nd week was much better not so many (louts). But i will be going back to this hotel.
Black and White pub is just outside the hotel. Very good for watching football and all are welcome.
3 euros for 2 pints, 2 euros for 1."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of August 2004

Brillisnt hol!!!

"Just got back from 2 weeks at the Sool Magaluf Park n was fantastic! Nice and clean with decent food despite being the same every day. The entertainment team were fantastic - Tony, Carlos, Loli, Sofia and Faye! Even had us taking part in Grease 1 night! Even out of work they invited every1 to a Spanish bar with them where evryone had a fab time-they couldn't do enough 2 make sure evryone was having a good time! Being only 17 myself and away with my 2 friends I was pleased to find the hotel was not only for families but was split with both younger guests also! Would definately recommend this hotel!"

• Travel date: Wed 4th of August 2004

the worst holiday ever

"i had the worst holiday ever because i had falling straight through the glass door through the bar i had to get 28 stitches through my leg and now i am left with a scar for life no claim or nothing dont go there take my advice. never again in my life will i go to this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of June 2004

best sol hotel for food

Good

"my wife and I aged 52+ stayed in this hotel 4-8-13 to 9-8-13 booked half board, on arrival we asked for a high room for a good view got room 1033 highest floor with a sea view through the other buildings also a view of bcm which was good, the room was clean and tidy with excellent working air con we also got bands for the katmandu park
we went back to reception got a safe key 20euro with 5 euro returnable
we also hired a fridge 3 euro per day when we got back to the room later the fridge was there also a sol mat in the slot where you put your door card in to work the electric this meant the air con was on all 5 days and nights the beds were very comfy so comfy we slept through evening dinner and missed it so went out for dinner
breakfast was the best I have ever had in any hotel I have been to the fried eggs were amazing restaurant was clean all the staff worked constant dinner at night also turned out to be excellent drink from the bar was as good if not better than surrounding bars
on the third day we paid 46 euro for all inclusive for three days
I had swore I would not go back to a sol hotel but this one was exceptional I read other reviews about cockroaches I did not see any and I was looking for them found a few small ants nothing to cause alarm
all hotel staff we very helpful and could not do enough to help
everyone, the entertainment staff ran the kids club which gave parents time to relax
all in all great hotel great location noise from bcm was toned down at midnight when you shut the veranda doo you could hardly hear a thing
if I go back again I would stay there again all inclusive"

• Travel date: Sat 10th of August 2013

Good location, nice hotel.

"Great, couldn't be better. No problems with reception, everyone pleasant, especially Pepe. Sun on balcony all afternoon and the maids were friendly if you took the trouble to talk to them. Near to Palma Nova and next door to Katmandu. Going May 2013 for the 4th time.....See you then Pepe!

• Travel date: Sun 17th of March 2013

very good

Good

"Just came back from Magaluf .after spending 6 nights in the Magaluf Park my wife and i were very pleased. very good location,decent food and decent entertainment.having said that i think the hotel seems to cater for the more mature clientele so if you are in the younger generation you maybe better suited going to the jungle"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of September 2012

Hotels near Sol Katmandu Park & Resort

Stayed at Sol Katmandu Park & Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sol Katmandu Park & Resort

• fay1103 by fay1103

"ok course it was great "

• fay1103 by fay1103

"enjoyed a few trips and lots to do and see "

• taz by taz

"palma nova is a lot quieter. "

• stan welch by stan welch

"if you are looking for a nice relaxing holiday this is ideal "

• William M by William M

"Handy for the beach and shops, and if you like to sit on balcony, the side overlooking pool gets sun all afternoon "

Sol Katmandu Park & Resort is also called