Sol House Mallorca by Melia

Calle Cala Blanca 2 Calviá Beach, 07181 Magaluf, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Good

Great hotel, location, food - couldn't be better and very central for nightlife

"Hotel very clean and staff very friendly. Pool area well positioned for sun. Rooms very clean. Food excellent something for everyone. Hotel very centrally located for beach and nightlife - whether you are looking for a pub with music of nightclubs - Palma Nova easily within walking distance.

I would highly recommend this hotel to all ages."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of June 2006

Sol Trinidad, just fine!!!

Good

"Just arrived back from a "girls" weekend at the Trinidad. Our ages ranged from mid 20's to early 50's. We all found the hotel to be clean and well maintained. Check in was a breeze it took around 5 mins. Our rooms were on the 4th floor overlooking the road, which got a little noisy late on in the evening. I would imagine in the height of the season it would be very noisy. The maids changed the towels etc every day and were happy to hand out extra ones if needed. We all thought the food was great, there was plenty of choice and the chefs seemed to be kept busy cooking and filling up trays with fresh salad etc. The pool area was clean and there was plenty of sun loungers available. My only complaint about this hotel was the pool was cold and some of the staff seemed a little bit fed up and miserable. Having said that we are already planning next years trip to the Trinidad. Just to add I would not recomend this hotel to anyone with young children as there was a lot of stag/hen partys there and often is all season. It is well located for the beach (2 mins) and all the bars."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of May 2006

Nice hotel, great location

Good

"I stayed at the Trinidad for a hen party at the end of April, beginning of May.

Check in was easy enough and quick.

The hotel rooms are nice and clean, not too sure about the bed. Sure mine was on wheels but I couldn't see them! Haven't a clue how often our towels and bed sheets were changed.

The food in the restaurant wasn't to my taste at all. A lot of fish, veal, lamb. Went for lunch one day instead of dinner and enjoyed that more than any evening meal we went for in the hotel. The staff in the dining room weren't very organised at all. Not very quick in taking used plates from your table.

The hotel was still quite quiet but the entertainment staff were great. The poolside bar only opened on 1 May. That then meant that the bar at the reception lobby closed.

Unfortunately one of my friends had a seizure in the hotel reception while we were there. The hotel staff couldn't of been more helpful. Ended up staying in hospital with her for a couple of days but apparently the staff that helped her asked other friends who were still at the hotel how our friend was doing.

All in all, I liked this hotel but not sure I'd like the location in the height of the summer months. There is a street at the back which leads down to a square where there's a few pubs. I'm sure this could be quite rowdy later in the year. Also, the fan in our room didn't really have much affect.

Oh, and the lifts are very slow."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of May 2006

Disappointed

"On arrival we queued for over 40 minutes to get booked in, eventually arrived at our room one the first floor down the site at the back overlooking a concrete yard & air conditioning units. Room, clean & ok, towels changed regularly but bed linen was not - stayed for 1 week only but still expected it to be changed at least once! Food choice was reasonable but none of it was served hot - only the fried eggs at breakfast, they cooked them while you waited. Found the reception staff surly and usually unhelpful when you asked any questions. Entertainment was hard work as the hotel was very quiet & a power cut one night didn't help, as well as part of the ceiling in the lounge area collapsing, following an afternoon of heavy rain - there are also several more areas of the ceiling which look close to parting company. The entertainment lounge furniture looks like it has endured a very heavy season, tatty & grubby - to say it has only been open for 3 weeks into this season I expected it to look "fresher". Hotel overall looks jaded & shabby. Will not be recommending it to anyone - shame because it was our first visit to the island, which is very pleasant - we will go back - but not to the Trinidad"

• Travel date: Fri 31st of March 2006

good time

"stayed at the sol trinadad in june 2005, we got a great deal were we only paid 43 euros per couple top value for money, the food did get a bit repetative but it was ok, could not complain at all, and as i won all the table tennis matches with the lads it made it a fab holiday. right next to the beach too,"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of March 2006

Good and Bad

"The good points of the hotel are that is was clean and in a great location. The staff was friendly. Overall, it was just OK. I've stayed in worse hotels. It did not have air conditioning but at this time of year we didn't need it. The food, in our opinion was not too great - not very appetizing, same things every night- and it seemed to not stay hot/warm for very long. But then again, we're Americans and we're used to great food and the food being a certain way. The beds were terrible! No cusion whatsoever and the pillows were not soft. My husband and I are both 27 and we were definitely outnumbered by the "elderly population." The telephone was a very old rotary-dial telephone. I would probably choose another hotel next time we go to Mallorca."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of October 2005

Good for the price

Good

"My husband and I stayed at the Sol Trinidad (in Magaluf) for four days the second week of September. When I started researching hotels, I didn't realize that Palma de Mallorca resort areas are primarily in sections - English speaking, German, etc. Sol Trinidad is in the "British" area and you will find all the people speak English. The food is also targeted toward the British (NOT American) tourist, including at the hotel. The hotel is in a great location just off the beach and there is plenty to do at night if you like to walk, shop and enjoy night life. The hotel also provides entertainment each night although we found the staff during the evening entertainment to be extremely annoying...they would cruise the crowd and drag you out to dance etc. I had read here to ask for a pool view room which is good advice, but be aware that this hotel is not air conditioned and if you leave your windows open, it is very loud at night. Next time, I would stay at a Sol hotel in Palma Nova which is very close to Magaluf because the hotels there are directly on the beach. If you have a car, definitely go to San Telmo (Sant Elm) beach. It's a beautiful bay with crystal water and a salt water pool. I thought the shoe outlets in Inca were a disappointment. For the price, this hotel was fine. It is not luxurious, but it is clean and the location is great."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of September 2005

great feeling

"me and my husband stayed here in aug 2002 for 2 weeks for our honeymoon, what can we say, the hotel was excellent very clean, staff very helpful and polite, food superb, great entertainment throughout day and the evening, recommend this hotel to couples and families."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of August 2005

Great Holiday

"We booked this hotel as it was one of the only ones available for a late booking in peak season. I had read reviews before finally agreeing to take the holiday mostly saying it was a good hotel.

We arrived on a Saturday in peak season to be greeted by a spotlessly clean room that was cleaned daily, towels changed on demand and bedlinen changed twice within six days.

The food was excellent with a wide and varied buffet at breakfast and evening meals. There was never the same thing twice and everything I tried I found to be of a very high quality and delicious. The drinks at evening meals were charged extra and there was a limited choice but they were reasonably priced and there was no pressure on you to have a drink in the restaurant.

The only downside we found was that there was no airconditioning in the rooms however we were there at the hotest time of the year and with a ceiling fan were able to sleep in comfort. The hotel had an international clientel with various countries staying there and the age range was also very wide and varied. This meant that any age felt welcome and at home.

All in all I was very impressed by the hotel its location and the holiday it gave me I cant wait to go back again soon."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of August 2005

Good VFM

"Spent 4 nights at the Sol Trinidad on a break with the lads. We stayed at the hotel last year so we new what to expect.
OK the food isn't great but it only cost us about £25 each half board through the sol melia website and if you join their 'club' you can keep the room until 4pm without extra charge.
The hotel is clean, far enough away from 'The Strip' to not have a problem with noise but near enough to walk, close to the beach.
No problems with our rooms although one of the showers seemed to have a mind of it's own."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of July 2005

did anyone who stayed write their review??

"i cant believe these scores for the reviews of this hotel. the pool is filthy the staff are rude to English and the room is pokey!i enjoy magaluf and have been coming for years but now thanks this hotel i will not be returning, the four of us that stayed were rolling in at 6am and at 10am were forced to have the room cleaned, the spanish staff are the rudest people i have ever met, if magaluf is your choice make sure you steer clear of the "sol chain" hotels. plus not to mention the first night that was double booked and we stayed in some dump 1 star hotel that was kindly awarded to us. 0 star rating is a big compliment to this hole in the earth. do yourself a big favour and book else where! "

• Travel date: Thu 18th of August 2011

In decline

"This hotel is typical of what you could expect from sol hotels around the world 20 years ago.

Plus points - it has a fantastic location, the food is adequate, the restaurant and other public areas are clean and well kept and the reception and bar staff are always helpful.

Things against - no air con(when it's hot and humid you really need it)the ceiling fan is in adequate, although there has been some attempt to upgrade this hotel feels as if its trapped in the past and just feels dated. I didn't see much of the evening entertainment, but what I did catch was poor.

This could be a really good hotel and you would have to wonder why sol melia have not done a more thorough upgrade. Given they appear of similar construction does the Trinidad have the same problems that closed the Jamacia"

• Travel date: Sat 18th of September 2010

Hotels near Sol House Mallorca by Melia

Stayed at Sol House Mallorca by Melia? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sol House Mallorca by Melia

• Kat1990 by Kat1990

"Gotta do foam party, water party & BCM in general! "

• ELLERMAN by ELLERMAN

"Noisy and definately not for the family "

• Ruth 18 by Ruth 18

"i love magalluf, going again next year "

Sol House Mallorca by Melia is also called