Majorca Beach Hotel - Magalluf

Avenida Notario Alemany/B. Palma 1, 07181 Magaluf, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Best Holiday Ever

Good

"The Mallorca Beach Club Hotel was excellent for a three star and was in a good location. The room was quite spacious (nothing special) but was more than adequate for a week. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel and our room was always cleaned to a high standard. The food in te hotel was excellent. There was a good choice and everything was clearly labeled so I always knew what I was getting!

My only compaint about the hotel was the lack of room at the pool but the fact that the hotel is on the beach this didn't really matter so much! But beware you have no chance of getting a sunlounger unless you get up about 5am to put your towels down.

This hotel is suited to young groups of friends. I did feel sorry for familys that were staying in the hotel but they should have picked a more appropriate hotel and resort (who would wanna take there kids to Shagaluf???)

I really enjoyed my week in this hotel. I would recommend it and definately go back again."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of August 2006

Going through changes ????????

"Stayed at the hotel for 7 nights from the 12th Aug on half board after last visiting in june 2002 then the Iberostar owned Magaluf Beach Hotel, Our first impression was that the hotel had`nt changed that much other than it could do with a lick of paint.
All the origanal staff seem to be there and mostly friendly and helpful,the breakfast was ok but after a week got a bit tired of fry -ups
the other alternative been wood chippings (muesli) or sliced meats and hard bread(the wife took her own wheatabix).The evening meal was different again with there always been a choice of three different soups for starters,the main course was always varied and your not limited to the amount you eat (you do pay for your drinks with the evening meal though).The long trousers rule has gone and the staff arn`t to keen on people coming in vests and shorts as if straight off the beach

Unless you stay up all night there is little chance of a sunbed around the pool (even the germans would have trouble here) the main pool it too deep anyway, im 6ft and wont go into it,we used
the beach or a nearby hotel as their pool was spot on.
The entertainment was ok but we judged them on 4 years ago when the team were second to none. As the youngest in our group was 14 we spent most nights in Mano`s having a dance.

On the tuesday night got back to the hotel just as a group of 25 lads turned up this wouldnt have happened in the past and at around 4 o`clock on two mornings the door buzzers were been pressed for around an hour(no blame aimed at the lads) as i believe they stayed in the self catering side of the hotel
Overall we all enjoyed our stay and would return but to do soThomas cook really need to let their customers know if they intend to let this great hotel fall into the clutches of the 18-30 brigade(as the rumours suggest)"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of August 2006

Great Hotel

"My wife and I stayed at the Mallorca Beach Hotel from the 22nd - 29th July 2006 and this was our 5th stay at this hotel, which in itself must say something. The staff are very polite and friendly, especially Francisca on reception. The restaurant is very good with plenty of choices for both breakfast and dinner and piping hot food. The rooms are great, but some of the rooms are adjoining larger rooms and are only small, probably used for children when families go. We were unlucky to have got one of these but I went back down to reception and asked about the possibility of a change. This was Saturday evening and the chap on reception looked on his computer and told us that he didn't have any other rooms available until Monday morning if we would wait which we did and were given an excellent room. On the Wednesday afternoon we were in our room when there was a knock on the door and a member of staff presented us with a bottle of champagne and two glasses. I don't know what for and the last time we went two years ago my wife was given a book called Spanish Cooking Made Easy by the hotel. I think that they give these tokens to returning guests as a thank you. We have been going to Magaluf now for approximately 30 years and have stayed in numerous hotels and apartment blocks and this is by far the best one we have been to. The one thing I didn't like (but nothing to do with the hotel) were the timeshare touts near the bus stop near the hotel, they seem to be there every year. Another review says that they must have stayed in a different hotel because they were constantly bothered by louts ringing doorbells and playing ghetto blasters. I think they must have stayed in a different hotel because we heard none of that."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of August 2006

Best Week Of My Life

"Me and my boyfriend (both 17) stayed here half board for the last week of june. without a doubt the best week of my life! a gorgeous hotel, in a fab location- right on the beach and within walking distance of the strip! Nice big room and the food was totally amazing! Will definatly be returning next year!! Cant wait!!"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of August 2006

Disappointed

"I must have stayed at a different hotel to the other reviewers, it was terrible, we had to change rooms because, a. air con broken, b.shower control broke, c.patio door handle fell off, d.kept gettin locked in bathroom. It took 5 days to finally move us. Elevators needed condeming they were always getting stuck. Pool area was rubbish could never get a sun bed. The entertainment was laughable. We booked as a family hotel but it should have been advertised as a 18 to 25 hotel. 6 am in the morning big gangs of teens to twenties rolling in drunk ghetto blasters on full and ringing doorbells for a laugh. If youve booked as a family holiday with kids you are gonna be very disappointed."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of July 2006

Right next to the beach!

Good

"Me and my boyfriend (19 and 20) stayed at the Majorca Beach Hotel 18th-25th June 2006 half board with Thomas Cook.
When we arrived - about 6am! we were checked in very quickly and the staff on duty were nice and helpful.

Hotel is constantly being tidyed up and cleaned. There is a large reception area, shop, restaurant and lounge area.

The food at the hotel was good. Breakfast you got bread, toast, cheese, eggs, sausages, bacon-(not very good bacon), tomatoes etc, and some cerials.
The evening meal was also good, there was choices of pasta, ham, cheese, pizza, beaf, chicken, etc and there was also childrens area with chicken nuggets, etc. The food was always hot and very tasty.

The hotel entertainment was usually good, there ws kids entertainment through the day, then at night there was kids entertainments first then there would be bingo (big cash prizes, costs 10euros for a strip of 6 cards) the prize money varies from 70 to 100 euros for a line then over 200euros for a full house!!
While we were there there was a comedion on, Arnauld Gutbucket, at first we though what the ****, but as soon as he started he was great, really funny, everyone enjoyed his show! Other night there were things such as - the reps singing (some good but others not so good!).

We went to BCM nightclub which is good, only 23 euros to get in but all your drinks are free inside, open til about 6am! If you get there before 12 midnight then you get free gifts (usually a BCM bag - a bit tacky, either a BCM towel or t-shirt and a hat or something like that). If you want to go in after 12 but still get the freebies then got to BCM square and find someone selling tickets to enter BCM, these tickets let you enter anytime and still get the freebies!
BCM square is also good it has bars like walkabout, cayote ugly, etc with hardly anyone trying to drag you in for free shots etc!

Our first day we missed breakfast because we had only got to bed at 6am! But eventually got up and had a walk to the beach (only a few steps away). The beach was always busy, quite clean but always a few fag ends lying about. There is always someone cleaning up though.

We never went in the pool, but I was told it was cold and very deep (deep end was 2 metres 75cm!)

The weather was good except for 2 days which were cloudy, but still hot.

Went to golf fantasia, its good - you can walk but i recomend getting the public bus- bus stop right outside hotel and the bus is cheap!

Went to aqualand, this is a great day just ask your rep for directions - walking distance.

Marineland is also good, with dolphin and sealion shows and other animals to see. You need to get the bus to this again right outside the hotel.

BUY YOUR OWN WATER BEFORE GOING TO MARINELAND AND AQUALAND, GET IT IN VENDING MACHINES IN HOTEL FOR 60cents OR THE SAME BOTTLE AT MARINELAND AND AQUALAND FOR 2euros 20cents!!!

Pirates is a good show, we bought tickets from the thomas cook reps at 45euros each. This is within walking distance too. The show is excellent with acrobatics, the food you get is not very much- although it is good, we got 2 chicken legs each and a few potato wedges and some corn on the cob.

I would deffinatly stay at the hotel again.

Hope this is helpful."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of July 2006

Loved it!

"Me and my boyfriend have just come back from the majorca beach yesterday! it was definatly the best hotel i have stayed in so far in magaluf! the reps where fantastic loads of fun stuff to do through out the day and night. they really made our holiday that bit better. the hotel was clean the one thing we would of changed if we could was going half board. not that the food wasent good because it was standerd really with a good choice. But we dident have a fridge in our room which we needed for a cold drink doring the night! never mind! the air con was great really cooled you down. i would definatly recommend this hotel fo0r couples singles and familys. its great!"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of July 2006

best week of my life!!!!

"My husband and i stayed at majorca beach at the beginning of may and it was the best week we have ever spent together! The hotel was lovely and only a stones throw from the beach.The beach itself was gorgeous,white sands and turqoise waters.

Room was spacious and cleaned daily,we had a fabulous sea view and i actually cried when it was time to leave.

Theres a little pub across the road that we loved called 'the blue parrot'.dj,s are hilarious but dont go in if your easilt offended!!!!

Food and service were great and i,d go back again tomorrow!!!!

Would recommend this hotel to everyone!! a+++++++++"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of July 2006

great holiday hotel,the majorca beach

Good

"I stayed at the majorca beach hotel from june 3rd to june 10th 2006.to be honest I was a bit apprehensive about staying there as it was the cheapest hotel we could find and seemed really easy to book at the travel agents.I was expecting the worst.What a surprise!The room was big,we were in a 1 bed appt.The kitchen was well equipped,toaster,kettle,fridge,2 electric rings.Bathroom was great,spotless.Our balcony overlooked the beach and pool area.Maid service 6 days a week,clean towels 6 days a week.Was really impressed for a 3*hotel.Good location for the nightlife but at quiet end.5 mins walk from nightlife.Reception staff very helpful.Would definately go back."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of June 2006

Perfect for Magaluf

"I stayed at the Majorca Beach Hotel (part of the Iberostar group) for a week (3 June - 10 June 2006) with a mate. We went there for some drinking and a bit of sun (but mainly the drinking).

We looked on several review web sites to find the best hotel and this site proved particularly useful - so I thought I'd add my comments!

We were looking for a hotel that was close to the strip, but also far enough away for it to be quiet. We also wanted air conditioning and a pool and we wanted it to be cheap. We got everything we asked for.

The hotel was cheap (it was the cheapest on offer from the tour operator) and it was at one end of the strip. The hotel was at the right end of the strip which meant that it wasn't on the way to anywhere (except for a couple of other hotels). As such the hotel was pretty quiet at night (enough for me to get a good night/day's sleep).

If you get a room on the back of the hotel you get a fantastic view of the beach and you can see a small island a couple of hundred metres away.

The room was large with two single beds and a sofa bed in the "lounge" - don't be fooled it wasn't very big. The room had a kitchen with a hob, some kitchen-ware (including kettle and toaster) and refrigerator.

The room also had a really good balcony with table and chairs. The room was clean - it got cleaned 6 days out of 7.

The air con was a bit weak, with temps reaching 26 degrees at times, however it did keep it a little cooler than outside.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, however I have no idea what the food or drink was like as I didn't eat or drink there - it was too close to the bars and restaurants to bother.

You will need to pay to rent the safe in the room (about €12 - and a €6 refundable deposit) and the TV needed to be rented.

No trouble, no hassle. Cheap, clean and quiet enough. Well recommended."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of June 2006

AMAZING

"me and 3 friends went here in june it was amazing if you have already booked dont worry about the reviews it was amazing the food was lush, it was close to the strip. it is not a family or a quiet hotel, your obv stupid if you thought it was.. i mean come on your in shagaluf... will be going there again next year!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of December 2011

good times

"i went there in may with my younger brother he is 61 and i am 65 lol lovely hotel nice staff etc had no major noise and we were out every night or morning till 4 even asked to leave two bars as they wanted to go home lightweights ha ha anyhow only made breakfast once but cannot fault the food it was excellent"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of October 2011

Hotels near Majorca Beach Hotel - Magalluf

Stayed at Majorca Beach Hotel - Magalluf? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Majorca Beach Hotel - Magalluf

• loulou34 by loulou34

"Go when you are 21 - see the rest of the island "

• barry by barry

"dont go when the so called 18---30 s go "

• Birmingham Ladddieesss by Birmingham Ladddieesss

"Simply Amazing.. But I advise families to stay away unless you dont mind be woken at all hours!! "

• coventrygraham by coventrygraham

"do not book unless you are within the 18/30 age group "

• alvtr by alvtr

"it a great place to holiday "

• B Potts by B Potts

"Pick your time of the year due to the weather "

• B Potts by B Potts

"Most places were clsoing down in October so cannot comment "

• JODIEbarry by JODIEbarry

"drink lots and party hard "

• Matt and Jo by Matt and Jo

"never buy a replacment camera "

• RobsonGreen by RobsonGreen

"Better security to monitor the bad behaver of there 18-30 crowd "

• :-( by :-(

"no i dont think so, wouldnt tell my worse enemy "

• becki09 by becki09

"Ace great for young ones "

• "its a fab place to enjoy a relaxed holiday "

• "the piano bar , and the restaurant next door "

Majorca Beach Hotel - Magalluf is also called