Good
Good

15 weeks to go

Reviewed Tue 19th of June 2012

"ive stayed here in the past two years,ok,its at the end of september,i had a fantastic time,clean rooms,great staff,fine,it can be a tad loud at night,but why complain!.you get what you pay for,as in the ladies of the night,you have only to say no,i had a studio,fine,the view was out of this world,the opposite view of the antillas sol,that would cost you trebble an in the torrenova playa.looking forward to being there on the 30thseptember.thankyou to all at the torrenova playa "

• Travel date: Sat 16th of June 2012

ROBBED BY STAFF, HOTEL IS A JOKE!!!

Reviewed Mon 17th of October 2011

"This hotel is a JOKE i was told that it was a bad place to stay but choose not 2 listen, dont b a fool like me!! 8 of us were robbed on the third day which was done by the cleaners or staff with acsess to keys, 15 rooms all together, staff didnt care and couldnt speak to the police because we didnt have a translator, the room was bad aswell the ceiling in the bathroom leaked badly the sockets were broke, the rooms were never cleaned!!!!!!! worst place i have ever been, dont be put off by magaluf though just dont stay at this hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2011

Most unsafe hotel I've stayed in...

Reviewed Tue 28th of June 2011

"The staff don't check who is collecting keys from reception so anyone can walk into your room... and they do the group of people i stayed with had several phones stolen along with cash. If its not the staff stealing it they will know who is doing it. DON'T STAY HERE ITS NOT SAFE!"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of June 2011

Dont stay here!

Reviewed Thu 23rd of June 2011

"This place is a complete joke! reading the reviews before we went already put us of but then we thought oo it couldn't be that bad! so many robbery's went on in this place and by the looks of the reviews nothing was done about it! we returned to our room one evening to notice that our door had been left opened crazy maid must have left it opened she came into our room and done nothing! when leaving our room everyday we locked everything in sight in our suitcases! one morning i woke to be greeted by the face of a hotel worker why she was in our room i do not know :/. rooms were not cleaned at all i mean the maid must be blind there was DIRT everywhere! the staff aren't pleasant at all! check out time is 11 am even know it says 12 on the sheet of paper you receive on your arrival and you'll more than likely get a fone call at 1/4 to 11 to make sure your leaving! it is such a hike up a hill to these apartments! to be fair the view from the balcony is beautiful and its even better when people flick ash over you from the balcony above. aircondtion was good! get a safe and dont lock your stuff in it as they dont sound to 'safe' lol! on your travels back to your apartment after a night out you might get molested by creepy spanish locals or prostitutes so be careful! make sure you go to bcm best place to go for a night out + baywatch! "

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of June 2011

awful,unsafe place!!!

Reviewed Thu 16th of June 2011

"this is a horriable hotel! we had just arrived and waiting for the receptionist (he was mopping up a split drink) He then come behind the counter to check us in, a elderly lady walked into the building and slipped right over (sober lady) the receptionist did not even batter an eye lid, the same thing happend to a younger girl 2 mins later,...no wet floor sign and no apoligy....thats just one thing....the next day me and my friend went for a walk..we locked our spending money in our suitcases and my friends phone, we came back a couple hours later to find we had bin robbed! no sing of broken doors! we went to the same reception guy and told him what had happend..he was very rude and even accused us of doin it to each other! we got talkin to a few people that day...four other rooms had been robbed the same afternoon! even thier safe! there is no cctv so we could not prove it was the workers! but it defitnatly was... we asked him to call the police but he said no and told us to go away or he would kick us out! ...things get worse, me and my friend stayed in that night (no money because they stole it) and heard them robbing the girls next door!! next morning (6am) we heard the police next door...we looked outside to see what was going on....a knife had been found on the chair outside our room!! that was it for us, after breaking our suitcases,stealing our money and phone then seeing a big knife outside our room we decided to call our rep and get a move to different hotel, after we told them everything that had happend they moved us for free!! we also spoke to a few workers and mentioned to one guy we had been robbed, straightaway he said'your not staying at torrenova playa are u' we said yes, he said 'your the 7th person to tell me this week that you have been robbed from there'!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 11th of June 2011

stolen goods

Reviewed Wed 8th of June 2011

"I stayed at the torrenova playa appartments this May during my stay there I was robbed of items to the value of 750 euros.
when i reported this theft to the managere i was met with total hostilities and told i need to go to the guardia civil to which i did but got no joy there. To add insult to injury my insurers will not pay out because the room had not been broken into to which i informed both the hotel manager and my insurers the room must have just been opened with a key. I did have a safety deposit box but the items taken will not fit in the safety deposit box If you stay there take any valuables that will not fit in the safety box out with you when going from your room.
Apart from that the rest of the horrible was a terrible stay with the pool area closing at 18:00 hours"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of June 2011

Terrible service

Reviewed Wed 11th of May 2011

"Right b4 I start let me just say magaluf is ****** brilliant Weather was really lovely for may too and what we paid for the hotel I can really moan about the room, is was just to get our head down for a few hours but if you get a studio u don't even get a bed it's 2 sofas so if I was you I would upgrade to a 1 bed room. The view from the apartment is absolutely amazing tho :) the one thing that is really bad is on the last day we put our luggage in the luggage room that surpose to be locked in a couple of hours our bag was robbed had loads of designer clothes and everything in it what tramps nick some ones clothes anyway the man in the hotel wouldn't even help us just kept saying "i don't no" we had to go police and report it but he wouldn't ring them but earlier in the day he rang the police on us because we lost the key for our room tried to charge us €210 lol but we legged it but went bk later and offered them €50 and they were fine just goes to show they are robbing ya!! But defo go to magaluf just think bout a different hotel mind you it is very close to the strip which was great a holiday is what u make it just make sure you have your insurence Have fun :) x"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of May 2011

Worst holiday of my life

Reviewed Wed 4th of August 2010

"Unfortunately I only read the reviews after we booked the holiday - I wish I had seen them beforehand.

Our apartment was tiny, three 'beds' (one cot bed and two sofas) in one room. One mirror - not ideal for three girls getting ready. The cooker didn't work and the staff were unbelievably unhelpful. Everytime we asked for help they tried to claim that it was our fault. They told us they would get someone to fix it but they never did.

We bought a safe key for the apartment and constantly locked our things away in suitcases just in case. However, on the third night we came home to find an ipod, a make up brush(!) and 100 Euros missing from the (locked!!) safe. We went down imediately to talk to the staff who told us that there was only one key and we had it. He phoned another staff member who we saw wondering around with a torch in the hotel and asked him to go up to the apartment (all this was translated through some random guy who spoke Spanish as they wouldn't speak in English). My friend decided to go back up to the apartment to check the safe again for the third time and see which ipod was missing (as we had the same one). Magically, the ipod and her make up brush had reappeared in the safe but the money was still missing. This sounds utterly ridiculous and if I wasn't there I would never believe it but we are not stupid young girls. The staff member had obviously put the things back. They called the police who we later found out were only police gaurds, not real policemen so we couldn't even get a reference number. They did nothing, the staff did nothing and we were so exhausted we went to bed.

The hotel staff are thieves. They are rude and unhelpful.

A week before we went a 17 year old girl died from falling, I believe, in the internal shaft of the hotel. The hotel staff never said a word about it.

I hated it there and paid to come back three days early. Magaluf is a disgusting place in itself. I wouldn't go back if my life depended on it. I was touched sexually twice in one night and decided that night to come home. If you have any respect for yourself it's not a place to be. The *boys* there are only after sex and the social rules that apply in England don't apply there.

I hope that this will make you think twice about Magaluf as a holiday destination but most importantly please avoid this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of August 2010

Worst Holiday Ever!

Reviewed Wed 11th of August 2010

"Me and my two daughters went for a three week holiday, but decided to cut our holiday short, after the maids refused to change, or even make our beds, change our towels, even after we put the in the bath, they just hung them back up again. The pool was in appalling condition, and our balcony floorboards were very insecure. The food was disgusting, and after paying double for all inclusive, for the two weeks we did stay there, we ended up going to local restaurants. The reception and help desk were really unhelpful, and I moved to one of the other Thomson holidays. I suggest, if you are thinking about staying in Majorca, it may be a bit more expensive, but stay in a different hotel then here!"

• Travel date: Sat 31st of July 2010

nice room... shame about everything else

Reviewed Wed 11th of August 2010

"where to start. well first of all i´ll tell you where i´m typing this review from. i´m currently sat in the amazing Sotavento across the road which is pure class. as for the hotel i paid for the only thing good is the room. very spacious and great view. i honestly cant think of anything else that was any good. pool - small, food - limited and overpriced. mini market - brings a whole new meaning to the word mini and even Marks and Spencers would like cheap in comparison. First issue was that we didnt have a working fridge, or a hob for that matter. fortunately me and the 3 other lads i was with wasnt that bothered but i think some one reading this might be. i think the most annoying thing was the laundry service, where i paid 13 euros for my clothes to come back in a worse state after they had ´washed and dried´ them. the hotel staff were very generous in offering to wash them again for free... i then collected my washing today to find out that the clothes were again still dirty and some of my clothes would now only fit an action man toy. needless to say i wasnt impressed. after speaking to the manager he advised me that the company that do the laundry are subcontractors and all i can do i make a complaint. my recommendation - look elsewhere. might be a cheap price but the service is even cheaper. i´m going to enjoy my remaining 2 days at Sotavento where the staff are helpful friendly and also offered me a job. "

• Travel date: Tue 27th of July 2010

Horrendous

Reviewed Fri 14th of May 2010

"Two of us stayed in this accomadation, please be very careful, due to stay for one week, twice we arrived back to find both balcony and front door wide open!! even though we had locked both!! then the day before we due to leave (morning, around 11am) we went to reception to use the internet for 10 minutes and when we went back to our room again both doors were wide open but this time our £1000 laptop together with 400 euros had been taken!! tried to report this to the reception staff only to be told it was a mystery and there was nothing they could do, no cctv footage although i could see this behind the desk!! absolute disgrace, would never stay here again and certainly do not reccomend to anyone!! beware!! arogant staff, thiefs about, and no one wants to help!! "

• Travel date: Thu 13th of May 2010

Reviewed Wed 5th of August 2009

"We stayed at these appartments - group of 8 girls, we got two rooms, each with massive balconys. the view was amazing, hotel was clean spacious and safe. Maids came in every day apart from the weekend, if we needed clean towells we just asked reception. overall we were all so happy and had really good holiday here, we got what we payed for and compared to some other hotels in magaluf it was luxury! "

• Travel date: Tue 4th of August 2009

Hotels near HSM Sandalo Beach

Top traveller tips for HSM Sandalo Beach

• lexie0884 by lexie0884

"magalluf overall in the day is beautiful and at night i would head into palma. "

• lexie0884 by lexie0884

"Stick to what you know, mcdonalds, burger king etc "

• L Sam Lord by L Sam Lord

"Great place just make sure you pick the right hotel "

• Ab11 by Ab11

"Good nightlife, beautiful beach "

• Ab11 by Ab11

"Chillis, Foxy's- both on the beachfront "

• Shaun by Shaun

"only in a negative way "

• Annonymous by Annonymous

"I have gone right off Majorca after this holiday! I much prefer Salou. "

• Vic by Vic

"Get insurance And don't lose your room key leave it at reception when you go out "

• Simon P by Simon P

"go late september,its not full of ?????????? "

HSM Sandalo Beach is also called