Chill Out Pool

ROBBING BA***RDS

Reviewed 14th January 2013

"i went august with group lads didnt expect much of the hotel, but was ok food and had good laugh.But the workers rob you blind we had money took out our safe we had clothes nicked aswel we made alot of mates and all of them had money and clothes stolen also. you get a safe for security trust me they have keys to go in them. I went an complained but they didnt give a s**t there all involved from managers to cleaners so if ya dont mind standard food, being robbed, nob head security guards and **** of a manager its the hotel for you. ps go skinny dipping in sea at nite youll also get robbed by lucky lucky men had to walk through hotel starkers a few times cos didnt learn the first time."

• Travel date: 14th January 2013

Shocking

Reviewed 1st October 2012

"Life guard that looks like rocky is a wanker! Food was shocking worst hotel in magazine no where near the strip, only thing that was decent was the DJ."

• Travel date: 30th September 2012

Dont Go!!!!

Reviewed 26th September 2012

"Just came back from this hell-hole from checking in to leaving total waste of money. The hotel manageress the security and the joke of a pool life guard were arrogant aggressive and just total *****. 31 of us went for a 40TH birthday party because as the brochure says WE CATER FOR LARGE GROUPS WANTING FUN??.You were not allowed fun. Food was terrible and so was all inclusive beer. We actually ate and drank in other places which defeats the object of all inclusive.Would not recommend it to my worst enemy!! And to make matters worse it has 3 stars Ha Ha wouldnt give it one!!"

• Travel date: 26th September 2012

Marina Barracuda!

Reviewed 2nd August 2012

"The hotel was clean, the food was lovely, the entertainment/ dj was on from 2pm by the pool until 4pm then entertainment was on again from 9-12, it wasn't the best hotel but wasn't the worst, most staff were friendly"

• Travel date: 2nd August 2012

Don't expect too much.

Reviewed 23rd July 2012

"The worst part about this hotel was the food. Although there was a wide selection to choose from, the quality was generally very poor. Another issue with the food was that you had to be very selective about what time you chose to eat, as the it was often cold if you chose to have a late lunch, for example. My next issue that I found with the Marina Barracuda is the fact that certain members of staff were quite rude. However, contrary to many reviews, I found that this was only the case for a couple of members of staff. My third issue, which is also a warning, is to go easy on the vodka in the hotel. I had loads on the first few nights, but after finding bits of blood in my sick, I learned that the hotel's vodka is mixed with impurities, and apparently it is not uncommon for this situation to occour. Get around this problem by drinking something else instead (personal preference = rum and lemon fanta/fantrums - try it...) Still on the subject of alcohol, the beer is shocking. And I'm pretty sure that there were no ciders available on the all inclusive drinks menu. The best part about the alcohol (this goes for everywhere in Magaluf), is that they are VERY generous with measures. I found this out as soon as I got to the hotel when I asked for a shot of vodka and got a glass full. DO NOT COME TO THIS HOTEL IF YOU ARE A FAMILY OR NOT COMING TO PARTY! It is full of people like me - drunken, loud 18 year olds having a good time. I imagine that the few families that I saw staying there did not have a nice stay. HIDE ALL OF YOUR VALUABLES. The maids stole my phone! Just don't hide anything in the roof panels - I did that and ended up breaking the roof when I was trying to get some cash down after a drink or ten. To summarise, do not avoid this hotel if you want a basic place to stay, with unlimited drinks and have came to Magaluf to party (so that's the vast majority of people). "

• Travel date: 23rd July 2012

BE CAREFUL

Reviewed 11th October 2011

"recently stayed at the hotel. be careful of immigrant muggers when walking home, seems to be a real problem, according to the local barmen, which the authorities are not doing anything about. They may also use a stun gun on you, it happened to me."

• Travel date: 7th October 2011

hotel from HELL!!

Reviewed 20th October 2011

"just got bac from this hotel there was 14 girls.we only went because we had read reviews that it was a party hotel they had a disco on at night that started at 10 n finished at 12. we arrived at this hell hole on thursday night and had the security guards come in to our room with there battons and they were puttin them in our faces. we went 2 the pool party on the sat afternoon,the guy who was doing the party was very good was tryin 2 get every1 involved he got some ov our party and some guys 2 jump in the pool with all there clothes on and wen they tryd 2 go in to hotel 2 get 2 there rooms security wouldnt let them in and were very aggresive they pulled 2 ov our party down 2 flights ov stairs and wen we complained 2 the manager she told us 2 get out ov her hotel she was an aboustle joke.then a couple hours after this i was going 2 my room and both security were beaten a russian girl on the face with there battons pullin her with the hair i thought they were going to kill her then wen the police showed up they were tellin all the guest 2 shut up and arrested the girl and she got charged with assult on him the police were a joke aswel.the food was horrible the staff were horrible and i wont b returning 2 that hotel but will b going bac 2 magaluf. "

• Travel date: 25th September 2011

Where do i start......

Reviewed 20th September 2011

"We just recently stayed at this hotel on the 12th sep 2011-16th sep 2011, read the reviews b4 i went there was some good and bad, went with my mum not good for couples.. rooms not very clean no kettle provided as stated cleaner did come and make the beds everyday but the bathroom was not clean, hairs all up the side panel which stayed there for all our holiday, the taps were very loose and swung left to right from the basin. room includes a safe at a charge but is a must have as we sometimes had trouble getting the door to lock on exiting our room, 1 english tv channel on tv lol. Food ok typical spanish standard, meat from day before put into pies etc.... plenty of chips and pizza though so didn't go hungry breakfast was the best food of the day english sausages bacon even hash browns. san miguel lager in bar plenty of spirits vodka is yuk! lots of hen and stags very noisy around pool hardly any sunbeds half of which are broken, we used the pool in the sister hotel next door which was quiter but you cant get any drinks if u are all inclusive!! I got told off one day for being in the pool wearing my sunglasses which i had to remove and squint for duration. no drinks,lilos,swim aids,shades or anything allowed in pool.( 1 young lad jumped into the pool at night with a mankini on and was fined 20 euros) entertainment is non existant nothing during the day and only on at 10pm for 1 hour rubbish, the only good one was the snake man, 1 night it was bingo!!! playing for a bottle of champers or a spanish fitness dvd i mean cmon.... its an adults only hotel! for this reason we spent more time out of hotel paying for drinks which cost us more money! Its ok for young groups as you make your own entertainment but definately not for couples! i wouldn't return to this hotel."

• Travel date: 18th September 2011

not enough sunbeds, too many yobs

Reviewed 7th September 2011

"My husband and I have just spent a week at The Marina Barracuda. The room was lovely and the maid came every day with fresh towels and to tidy etc. The food was plentiful, lots to choose from too. The hotel is only a 5 minute walk from the beautiful beach and about 15 minutes from the night life so was in a good location. I would say the only thing that spoiled it was the yobbish behaviour of some of the guests there, particularly around the pool area. Because it was all inclusive certain groups of people felt the need to start drinking as soon as the bar opened at 10am and got drunker and louder as the day went on. I think it fair to say that you expect some fun and horseplay whilst on holiday, especially from teenagers, but a lot of these people were not teenagers. Some of their behaviour could have been intimidating to other guests - loud and drunk, you get the picture. It prevented my husband and I from using the pool as I am sure it did other guests too. The lack of sunbeds didn't help either - I counted 16 around the pool. For a hotel that size, that is nowhere near enough! My hat goes off to the Life Guard who spent his days trying to keep the area safe. Having said all that, we did really enjoy our holiday!"

• Travel date: 30th August 2011

staff need to be taught good customer service and public relations

Reviewed 25th August 2011

"i was rather surprised when i stayed at marina barracuda for a week this august. the hotel was clean and the rooms were modern. i was expecting the hotel to be shabby and horrible as i read the reviews and such before i stayed there and most were negative. i was not pleased by the hotel staff who were nasty and did not welcome you at all (reception staff). room wasnt ready when we got there but we were pleased with how modern the room was. i has friends staying in anither hotel close by and i much prefered my hotel room than theres as thers was just a box with materials from about 1800.. not pleasent. we did not go for food at the hotel as it did not smell very welcoming. lifts were in a right state with snot and sick up the mirrors and you couldnt have two of you with your suitcase in it because it was apparently too heavy. if the staff would of treated me a lot nicer then it would of made my stay more pleasent, you pay for what you get and bar the staff, i was satisfied with this hotel."

• Travel date: 21st August 2011

Perfect

Reviewed 25th August 2011

"I thought this hotel was perfect. The rooms were immaculate, the staff were great and the food was of a good spanish standard (not like good english grub). The main pool that all the louder people sat at was rather small however we found the quieter much bigger pool around the back of the hotel which was brilliant although lacked the atmosphere of the smaller pool. The town was just a 2 minute walk away from the hotel and you passed a great bar (Balmoral Bar) were the staff could not have been friendly. Paco and Orry were lovely and if you got sick of the entertainment at the hotel (which wasnt fabolous but its exactly what you expect from a Spanish hotel) then you could just nip down there and they would fix you up with the best shots in magaluf! The all inclusive was brilliant because after a heavy night and missing out on breaky you could go and make toasties any time between breaky and dinner and dinner and tea so you never went hungry. I strongly disagree with anyone who says anything bad about the food here, there was always a range of foods and plenty of fruit and vegetables to choose from. "

• Travel date: 20th August 2011

good and bad

Reviewed 4th July 2011

"arrived early friday 24th june 11 at don juan hotel tobe told we were double booked and would be sent to stay at the baracuda, good start we thought as we were on a stag doo of 11 in the party, but to soften the blow we were told we would be upgraded from self catering to all inclusive, as youd guess it softened the blow of being double booked, we checked in and everything seemed spot on food and drink on tap we couldnt believe our luck, until saturday afternoon one of the room doors wouldnt regisatar the key card after numerous trips up and down the lift as we were on the top floor (lifts also kept braking down which ill go into more detail later) the problem wasnt sorted, we were told it would be sorted by time we got in, 1 of lads went back at 12.30am to find problem not fixed, after more trips up and down the dodgy lifts with no joy the mad reception bloke decided hed climb over the balcony (8th floor) from next door to open the door, grateful we were but next day had to be moved as problem couldnt be fixed, as we had been moved hotels one of the lads enquired about where transfers would pick us up from we were told from the baracuda at 7.00am but we had on booking to be picked up at 9.00am so enquired why the difference in times, we got him to ring the don juan and he said the were sending a fax over and it would be sorted by the time we got back, yep as you may have guessed this did not happen and we ended up going to the don juan ourselves, now to the main disgrace, as i said previously the lifts kept braking at about 12.30am monday morning 4 of our lads got in the lift foolowed bt 3 foreigners the lift started to go up but broke down before floor 1, as u cud imagine 7 people in a tiny lift wasnt good so panic set in ,after 25mins one of our lads started having a panic attack and wanted out, he manage to force the doors and climb out (by this time staff had arrived to assist, everyone got out safe including the other 3 people, only for our lad to be told he pulled lift door off the runner and would now have to pay off the top of the reception blokes head a 150euros for repairs or he would call police, our lad panicked again he nearly even went by taxi to the british embassy as he was really scared, eventuall the guy kocked on room door to give him the ultimatum which our lad decided to pay as he didnt want to go to jail, next morning after discussion with manager he said no refund as they should of stayed in lift to be rescued even tho 25mins had passed before panic set in and the other 3 got away scotch free, overall even though we had all inc for free, it was a bit of a nightmare and not only that spanish students were in town after there exams, igorant spanish in general and the thret of police if you didnt accept there decision."

• Travel date: 27th June 2011
  • ...

Hotels near Alua Calvia Dreams

Top traveller tips for Alua Calvia Dreams

• by Jennifer B

"entertainment at night"

• by jordanjennings

"Take the third bed out on to the balcony! I slept out there most nights. Just be careful if you sleep naked, it's pretty exposed..."

• by pants

"take taxis after midnight"

• by mandy

"go 2 bcm boat partys and bcm foam partys"

• by jodikins

"Dont stay here if you want to be entertained"

• by Snipper

"Don't allow all male parties, more sunbeds around pool"

• by Rebecca04

"i wouldnt stay there in the day time. magaluf beach is a 5 minuite walk and has lots of restaurants etc, tom browns restaurant was amazing a..."

• by n-adams

"Going to the other pool - it was much bigger and you could always get a sun lounger. "

• by geordie boys in magaluf

"stay out of lifts, and get any problems sorted ther and then dont trust it to be done when you get back"

• by Brummie

"This place is for fun lovers and not families."

• by Azz

"The place for an ammense party is magaluf."

• by northwales

"Don't go if you are not French"

• by chrisitina

"book for fun holiday but not for a 'quiet' one"

• by sandrad

"only go if on stag/hen party!!"

• by Paul

"Approach with caution"

• by lozza

"it is a really nice hotel to go to"

• by n ireland batt.

"great for stags and hens"

• by Lilyxx

"Go there for clubbing, its the best !"

• by jimbo54

"three minutes to beach "

• by willyt

"Sinartras Goodfellows Papa Joes The Prince William"

Alua Calvia Dreams is also called