Alua Calvia Dreams

Avenida Notario Alemany/B. Palma 32, 07181 Magaluf, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Good

poor excuse for a hotel

"We booked another hotel through Barrhead Travel and ended up being sent here instead on arrival.

The hotel is vile. The pool was closed when we arrived as it had been defecated in. It was not emptied - but was supposedly cleaned and then re-opened???

We expected noise in Magaluf. We did not expect fire alarms being set off at 2am, 3am 4am etc, and given that it is advertised as a family hotel I cannot see how the two parties co-exist?

Also, why put stags on the same floors as families -?

I thought it was at least a good sign that the room was cleaned daily and the towels changed, but when we looked under the bed to check we had left nothing, when leaving, we found rubbish from previous guests!

The staff were rude and disinterested.

We found the food truly awful and ate nothing but melon and toasted sandwiches.

In the hotel (Marina Pax) we were meant to be staying in, we had booked a double for myself and my husband and twins for our children. In the Barricuda we had single beds. When I asked for a double as it was our wedding anniversary, they told me they did not have any at all in the whole hotel....!!!

I do not have enough space to adequately tell you what a terrible holiday we had at this hotel....I would recommend that no-one go there except for wild stag and hen parties, and only then if they dont use the pool or eat!"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of September 2006

this hotel was clean and nice

"i stayed here for 2 weeks in september and i did enjoy my stay. the hotel is definately clean and beds etc are changed daily (even with a do not disturb sign!!!!). when we arrived at this hotel it appeared to be primarily italian and familys from the UK etc but then everything changed in the second week where there was stag and hen parties galore this didnt hinbder the atmosphere but it did mean the pools and the bar became increasingly busy.

i was concerened about the pools after reading previous reviews, due to lack of sun and the main pool did have no sun untill midday but you have access to the sister hotels pool next door which feels like the same complex and you can have drinks from the pool bar which was an added bonus, i still felt there was major lack of sunbeds and sometimes when you arrived a bit late you had no where to sit at either pool.

the food was nice no issues at all and the cleanliness, the hotel entertainment area was bad though you were spread inside and then outside near the pool, this caused vision problems of the entertainment and when this had finishd at 12 all lights went off in the bar regardless of you sitting there finsiihing your drink????

overall it was great i would stay there again for the cleanliness but would maybe choose my time to be more family orientated as the stag and hen do's as well as young groups overtook the place towards the end. this apparently is normal for september..

A MAJOR ISSUE which we found was our handluggage bag was stolen from the SECURE storage room and the hotel staff spoke little english (as well as the police) as a result we could not get a police report and the hotel ignored any requests for assistance please be aware of this as this is obviously a major issue"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of September 2006

Not as good as previous years!

"Party of 6 couples who have just returned from this hotel on 1 July 2006. This was my third time at the Barracuda and I have to agree with other reviews....the hotel is full of stag and hens who can be very loud especially at 3am! One couple in our party were woken during early hours of the morning to a group of lads demolishing their corridor throwing pictures from the walls.

I would not recommend this hotel to families who are thinking of taking children with them.

Food - the food is nowhere near as good as it used to be.....becomes quite repetetive after two days!

Rooms - Very clean and spacious with maids changing towels and sheets daily.

I will return to Magaluf however I will not use this hotel again. Great if you are a young group of people who only want to get sloshed during the night and sleep during the day."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of July 2006

Great Hen Weekend

Good

"I stayed at the Hotel Barracuda for my Hen Party in June 2006 we stayed for the 3 nights.

On arrival at the hotel you arrive on the fifth floor were you check in and get your key cards to your room, the hotel staff did well as all our rooms were together on the same floor. After check in we went round the pool, the pool was quite small with not many beds but it was nice and clean. This hotel is advertised as a family hotel but NO WAY would i bring kids here, it is full of drunken stag and hen parties, lots of swearing etc. The food and everything was nice, not great but it was perfect for my hen weekend but i would have been dissapointed if the food was for my main holiday. You could even get snacks throughout the day which was great! The bar round the pool was great you can get any drinks you like but only two at a time.

I found the hotel to be a bit far away from all the night life so we got taxi's no problem all 3 night. The rooms were fine with air conditioning and the maid came every day to tidy our room.

I had a great stay in Magaluf the night life was fab, it is great for hen party's i never bought a drink the whole time i was there.

All in all this hotel was great for what we wanted it for cause we was there just to party!!"

• Travel date: Sat 1st of July 2006

Stag & Hen Night Paradise

"I have just read the review from Dave who went to the Marina Barracuda on the 11th of May. I agree entirely with what he says regarding the food and the majority of the staff. We went independantly, also in a party of 4 (ages between 55 and 65) and arrived at 8pm on the 6th May. There were a selection of Stag and Hen parties in progress, mostly well behaved and good fun. We only encountered one night which was our last, the 12th of May, when we did not get much sleep due to the bed hopping and door banging throughout the night. This hotel is advertised as a family hotel, which is far from the truth. The Marina Pax hotel was open that week, as we used the pool area and pool bar for drinks sometimes during the day, so don't know why Dave had a problem. My biggest gripe was with one of the reception staff, Mario. There are 2 receptions to this hotel, one at road level and one on the 5th floor at the rear of the hotel. Mario lost all our documentation the day after we arrived and when we were asked to sort it out at the reception on the 5th floor, the reception was unmanned and there were British passports on show on a shelf behind the desk, which could easily have been "lifted" as we waited for at least 3 minutes while we shouted for staff without any response. When Mario finally turned up, he said he had been there all along, which frankly was nothing short of a blatant lie. I have reported this to the Marina hotels website, as in the current security situation over the world, I did not think it was good enough and very unprofessional. They were removed shortly after. The food was OK, if not a bit predictable, and not very hot some days, but we only went for a "cheapie" so did not expect much else. I have been to Magaluf before and also stayed in the Marina Terranova Hotel at Palma Nova without any problems. I would not go to this hotel again."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of May 2006

5 lady's who love the hotel and magaluf.

"we have stayed at the hotel for the last 4 years and we are going back again in september of this year, the staff are lovely and try the best the can for you, the food is lovely and you can snake all day long if you wish. the only thing they need to do is to sort out sunbeds there never seems to be enough, the sister hotel has a good sized pool as well so you are allowed to go to that one if you wish. It is not far form the strip or beach and anyone that goes must go to Benny hills and tom browns you know you have been to magaluf when you have been to those two places we all love it love it love it."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of May 2006

great Holiday!

"I stayed here with 2 friends in June last year, we spent most days at the pool next door in the sister hotel the Marina Pax, as the pool area in the Barracuda isn't too great!
We were all inclusive and the food was good at meal times but during the day you didn't have much choice, only Buns with the same fillings or hotdogs/Nuggets for the kids.
The hotel was really busy with loads of stag & hen parties so it was really lively all day and night!
The bar can get very busy and you are only allowed to get three drinks (max) at a time so its annoying having to go back and forward to the bar!!
I would stay here again its a short walking distance to the centre and to the water parks (cut across the park)
I did prefer the Marina Pax though!"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of March 2006

the best place ever

"me and my mate claire went last year and loved this hotel we wanted 2go back this year but in july and found it to dear to go in peak season so this year staying in the don manalo which looking at the feed back looks rubish compaired to this hotel. we loved every thin about it the rooms were lovely even left are balcany doors open all the time and felt safe leaving them open. our rep was the best ryan who we called ainsly harriot ha ha. kiko the lifeguard was helpfull 2 wen i cut my knees open out side, even though he didnt speak very good english he still would try and talk. all the staff was very plesent always smiling and joking. the food was really good english breakfast snacks through the day and good evening meals fresh fruit. ice lollys available at the pool bar along with alcoholic drinks all day and night. the pool was good even though it was hard to get a sun lounger we brought lilos and just lay on them that way we could lie anywhere we wanted to. the entertainment was good had an hypnosis man there one night a week where u could get up an have ago or watch them. i would deffently go back and upset im not going back this year will deffently be going in to say hi to every one there. hope every one going enjoys it as much as i did ema x"

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of February 2006

full of stag and hen nights

"we went to hotel marina barracuda on sept 11th of this year. the room was basic said it had a pool view but we could only see the tops of the umbrellas, we viewed onto the street. the food was good but sometimes not very hot, drink was very strong and depending when u wanted a drink there was a queue but the bar staff were good and tried their best to serve eveyone. the entertainment was good but at the w/end there was a party of stags and hens were booked in, altho they were nt rowdie. the pool was a joke it was far too small for the amount of people but we went next door to the next hotel and that was better. our neighbours were rowdie and believe it or not they were in their 50s. all in all the holiday was ok but not if u want a quiet holiday"

• Travel date: Thu 20th of October 2005

Enjoyed the Barracuda

"We have just returned from a week at the Marina Barracuda, big tip, if you get a taxi from anywhere, back to the hotel, just call it the Barracuda in Magalluf! Or you could end up at the actual marina!
The Hotel was lovely and clean, with maid service everyday.

Due to the floods prior to our arrival, we had to share a room with 2 others from our party for the first night, but this was not a problem, and the day after we all received a complimentary bottle of wine.

The pool is really small, in fact we didn't even attempt to get a sun lounger, we tried the sister hotel next door (marina pax) one of the days, and we got sun loungers quite easily. To find the sister hotel, go out of the front of the barracuda and turn right, walk for a few yards up to the bus stop on the right, there are some quite high steps, take these to the top, you will see the pools of the marina pax.
For the rest of the week we enjoyed the beautiful Magalluf beach, which is no more than a 10 minute walk from the hotel, and you can window shop on the way there and back.

We went as a group of 7 girls, with ages ranging from 17 to 60, and we had a right laugh! The entertainment was ace, it was all finished for 11 with music and bar open until 12, some of the group would then walk down into the town; Mano's is ace for motown/80's/requests! Also, if it is anybody's birthday, make sure you tell, we got free champagne!

There were a few noisy groups, but they were never any trouble, they were just enjoying their holiday, as were we!

This holiday was certainly value for money. We would go again !"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of September 2005

ROBBING BA***RDS

"i went august with group lads didnt expect much of the hotel, but was ok food and had good laugh.But the workers rob you blind we had money took out our safe we had clothes nicked aswel we made alot of mates and all of them had money and clothes stolen also. you get a safe for security trust me they have keys to go in them. I went an complained but they didnt give a s**t there all involved from managers to cleaners so if ya dont mind standard food, being robbed, nob head security guards and **** of a manager its the hotel for you. ps go skinny dipping in sea at nite youll also get robbed by lucky lucky men had to walk through hotel starkers a few times cos didnt learn the first time."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of January 2013

Shocking

"Life guard that looks like rocky is a wanker! Food was shocking worst hotel in magazine no where near the strip, only thing that was decent was the DJ."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of September 2012

Hotels near Alua Calvia Dreams

Stayed at Alua Calvia Dreams? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Alua Calvia Dreams

• deek4020 by deek4020

"ideal if you want to go and blow a bit of steam "

• deek4020 by deek4020

"the night life and the pirate show which was brilliant "

• Beth123 by Beth123

"Balmoral bar, Benny Hills, Robin Hoods, Happy House (by the Park)- food is amazing! "

• christiexadams by christiexadams

"hot weather, nice people, great nightlife, what more do you need? "

• christiexadams by christiexadams

"robin hood bar ( open 24hr ), bonkers, bcm. pubs/clubs you must go! "

• willyt by willyt

"Its what you want it to be, I have been here with family and with the boys. It rocks "

• willyt by willyt

"Sinartras Goodfellows Papa Joes The Prince William "

• jimbo54 by jimbo54

"three minutes to beach "

• Lilyxx by Lilyxx

"Go there for clubbing, its the best ! "

• n ireland batt. by n ireland batt.

"great for stags and hens "

• lozza by lozza

"it is a really nice hotel to go to "

• Paul by Paul

"Approach with caution "

• sandrad by sandrad

"only go if on stag/hen party!! "

• chrisitina by chrisitina

"book for fun holiday but not for a 'quiet' one "

• northwales by northwales

"Don't go if you are not French "

• Azz by Azz

"The place for an ammense party is magaluf. "

• Brummie by Brummie

"This place is for fun lovers and not families. "

• geordie boys in magaluf by geordie boys in magaluf

"stay out of lifts, and get any problems sorted ther and then dont trust it to be done when you get back "

• n-adams by n-adams

"Going to the other pool - it was much bigger and you could always get a sun lounger. "

• Rebecca04 by Rebecca04

"i wouldnt stay there in the day time. magaluf beach is a 5 minuite walk and has lots of restaurants etc, tom browns restaurant was amazing and i would recomend there "

Alua Calvia Dreams is also called