Total Tranquility!

Reviewed Mon 25th of March 2013

"I have just returned from a short stay at this hotel. I think this is one of the most tranquil Hilton hotels that I have stayed at! Set in natural beautiful surroundings with the only singing are the birds in the trees! My room was very spacious with a lovely view of the countryside and chapel set within the grounds. A beautiful windmill was also set in the grounds. The simplistic style of the buildings compliment Mallorquin culture and heritage whilst the hotel accommodation compliments this. I particularly enjoyed the personal invitation from the manager to his managers reception within the gardens of the Chapel and found it great way to mix and meet other guests and I met and enjoyed the company of a couple from Northern Ireland which was great as I was traveling on my own. The Manager was keen for feedback from guests re the hotel and passed on to his staff in the restaurant a small niggle y complaint which they remedied the next morning at breakfast! (They didn't like the mugs at the breakfast table but preferred cups and saucers!) The staff greeted me by name and when I had a small problem in my room they upgraded me to a De-luxe room. The Spa was lovely clean and again peaceful. The staff did everything that they could to enhance your stay and nothing was too much trouble.

I have read some of the other reviews and I had some difficulty in finding this hotel although I did travel from Manacor direction and the hotel directions were from the airport. I mentioned this to the manager and he stated that they were hoping to speak to the Mayor to ask to put up signs from the other direction. I would recommend this hotel to people wanting to escape from the stresses and strains of everyday life. Its a hotel that I would not want to leave to sightsee or shop and particularly enjoyed its remote location and 5 star service as you would expect in a Hilton hotel! The Chapel and grounds would be a wonderful setting for a wedding or other special event!

My only negative type comments are;-
A sign for reception area as I was unsure where to go on arrival
I was unable to get a key for the Spa locker as the staff on duty were doing a treatment-why not leave keys in the lockers?
I didn't like that there were no staff in the Spa area
A dryer or plastic bags for swim wear in the Spa area
I would have liked to be given the option to be briefly shown around the hotel as I missed the `adult only` pool area and would like to have been shown the restaurants."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of June 2010

El Hotel perfecto para desconectar

Reviewed Sun 24th of March 2013

"My parents and I stayed at the Hilton Sa Torre in Mallorca and we were impressed from beginning to end. The hotel is situated in the typical Mallorcan countryside 20m drive from Palma. The hotel itself is an old estate composed of several old buildings (and newer extensions), a chapel and a Mallorcan windmill.

We were allocated the spacious poolside villa's which are decorated in a colonial yet modern style with all the amenities one expects of Hilton. Most impressive of all however, are the varied gardens and the wonderful customer service. Staff are discreet yet friendly and have a great memory (as an example, my parents are quite fussy about how they like their coffee but by the second day the waitresses were already able to bring them their coffee exactly how they has asked for them on the first day!).

All in all a wonderful, very complete hotel which I would recommend to anyone who seeks a relaxing stay in a historic hotel offering a different experience to the more predictable hotels along the coast."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of June 2010

Relaxing weekend

Reviewed Tue 19th of March 2013

"We stayed at Hilton Sa Torre for 2 nights at end of August. Hotel is fantastic and the staff make you feel very welcome. We were upgraded to Queen Suite with two rooms. Room was beautiful with a jacuzzi in the bedroom and both rooms had a big LCD TV's. Bed was "Hilton style" - a bit firm but OK. The room also had a small patio with a table and two chairs. Food was reasonably priced and good but not amazing. Staff at the hotel were very polite and helpful. Location is bit remote but with a car we found this to be a good base."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of August 2009

Detail and service at its best

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights in a business/leisure mixed trip. The hotel is about 30 mins from the airport and a car is recommended since the hotel is located in a rural location (not near the beach). The property is a typical Mallorca style " casona" with its own Church that today is used for any type of event. The landscape is just breath taking! If you are a bike lover, this hotel is your place. Due to its location it has a lot of biking roads. Not sure if the hotel rents bikes though.
The property keeps a mix of typical Mallorca style and modern decor. It has two pools. One reserved for adults and the other suited for families with children (a small separated pool available). There is a very well equipped SPA (pool, sauna, steam room, different showers and ice bath), If you enjoy tennis, there are 3 grass courts (at a cost) and a professional sized football field. There is a well equipped gym with bikes, lifts runners, stretch fitness balls among others...
Rooms are just great! Everything you need with a very comfortable bed and a choice of pillows. Rooms have a small terrace some facing the pool, some others facing the forest.. Bathroom has a rain shower and a separated bath.
The service is just great! From the moment you walk in you are pampered by all the staff.
Breakfast has a wide variety of choices including “on demand” eggs, pancakes, waffles, etc..... The restaurant for lunch or dinner is good. Not many choices, but OK if you do not want to drive to the nearest town. Prices are actually reasonable (+-20Euros p/p) .
One of the best features of this hotel is its CHILDREN policy (completely different from the Spanish chains or hotels especially in Mallorca). Up to 2 children 18 or younger are allowed at no extra cost in the same room than the parents....which is the opposite from Spanish chains or hotels that normally require an extra room or extra bed at cost to accommodate children from 2 to 12.
It is a hotel that makes you feel welcome and that “invites” you to go back!"

• Travel date: Thu 20th of August 2009

Fantastic Hotel, the best on around

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"I spend in Sa Torre 10 days wiht my husband during last year in July and it was fantastic. I had a 7 month old baby with me and the hotel stuff help all the time to suit our needs.
Babypool is heated and the other two ones outside have a comfortable temperature.The rooms have a very high standard, beautiful bathrooms and a terasse in front of each room complete the picutre. The pool area is most of the time empty, it is very clean and you find fresh towells there. You can order drinks and sancks. I've to admit this is the best hotel in Mallorca and I'd book it everytime again. Even the beach in not in the front of the door but you've your peace and can read a book without the typical tourist around you. Many thanks to the General director !!! many regards from Germany"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of August 2009

A beautiful dream

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"My husband and i just got back from the Hilton Sa Torre. i can't say enough about this place it is magical. the location is inland and not particularly convenient about a 30 euro cab ride from the airport . however , the service and food more than compensates for lack of an ocean vierw. you must have a car rental at this property which we did not but the hotel made arrangements for us and i know we paid more but we didn't care. all i can say is it is magical. This was the nicest hotel experience we ever had. Go out of your way to get to the Hiton Sa Torre you will not regret it. elaine stone"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of July 2009

Don't pass this one by

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"This hotel is truly magical. From the 15th century architecture including a private chapel every detail that makes a place special was there.

My wife and I had a great experience. The staff is first rate.

Make sure you rent a car, the smallest one possible. You will understand once you drive in a small town where the car and the street are about the same size"

• Travel date: Fri 10th of July 2009

Wonderful hotel

Reviewed Thu 7th of March 2013

"My husband and I stayed here for four nights in July 2009, and our experience was absolutely wonderful. The hotel combines the historic feel of an ancient estate, with its own chapel and beautiful old windmill, with every amenity you could wish for in a new five star hotel. The staff is excellent - helpful, friendly, prompt - every request we made was met immediately with a smile. The breakfast is lovely, and the dinner menu excellent as well. You will definitely need to rent a car in order to visit the rest of the island (a must) or go to the beach, but the short drive to the hotel is a pleasure in and of itself. I highly recommend this hotel!"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of July 2009

Beautiful hotel, but a car is a Must!

Reviewed Tue 26th of February 2013

"My husband and I stayed here for four nights in March. We paid for two nights using HHonors points, and the other two we paid 135 euros per night. Other reviews here on TripAdvisor discuss how beautiful the hotel is--they are not exaggerating! It is very beautiful and elegant, with tiled floors in the rooms. Being in the country-side, it is also rather peaceful; I woke up to birds chirping outside.
The only potential problem is that a car is necessary to go anywhere (as the hotel's own website advises). But with a car, the entire island is easy to reach. The airport is only 15-20 minutes from the hotel, and Palma is 20-25 minutes away. Beaches are closer than that. The staff were very helpful with providing maps, suggested itineraries, and even recommended restaurants in different cities. Parking at the hotel was free.
We had dinner at the hotel restaurant the night we arrived (we were too tired to drive anywhere). We tried their tasting menu that featured local cuisine, and they had matched different wines to each dish. While a little pricey, it was well worth it, especially for tired travelers like us. Excellent food and excellent service!"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of June 2009

Lovely Hotel in the middle of nowhere

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"My wife and I have just returned from a week at this hotel. The hotel is excellent, the rooms are very well appointed and large, the staff are also extremely polite and helpful.
However, a car is a must and if you wish to eat out, then someone has to drive, which is unfortunate, unless of course you are teetotal. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for peace and quiet. My only observation which is quite pedantic is that the sun loungers around the pool should have a mattress and with a hotel of this quality it should be the norm. All in all a fabulous stress free quiet, peaceful week, I would most certainly stay at this hotel again."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of June 2009

A beautiful hideaway in the country

Reviewed Fri 8th of February 2013

"My husband and I stayed at this beautiful hotel for one week end September. It just opened 2 months before. It is a beautiful restored old building from the 14th century with lovely authentic details throughout the complex. An old windmill and beautiful church belong to the property.
We had a big romantic room facing the court yard in the main building(noise free when the windows were closed) but you can also book rooms with a private terrace around the gardens or the swimming pool which is nice if the weather is warm at night.
The hotel lies really in the middle of nowhere, but it is so sereen and you can find anything you need in the hotel. Swimming pools, a beautiful Spa with all sorts of treatments, an indoor swimming pool, nice restaurants and a cosy bar.
But you do need a car when you want to see the sights of the island, which we did. To explore tiny little beaches and have long lunches on the seaside or go shopping in Palma.
The staff of the Hilton is superb, all nationalities but also a lot of Mallorquins.
Anyway I think it is a better option to stay here than in one of the busy touristic hotels on the seaside."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of October 2008

Quiet find in Majorca

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"I stayed in this hotel from 4 September 08 till 10 September 08.

Before travelling to the Hilton Sa Torre I asked for advice from trip advisor and received some sound advice regarding the facilities and the surrounding area - I took the advice to heart.

As advised I booked a car - the hotel is beautiful in appearance, facilities and surroundings. The facilities were all operational and I found it to be an extremely relaxing long weekend.

The hotel was quiet as there is nothing in the immediate vicinity but I have got to say that it was exactly what we were after.

The down side is that unless you are going to eat in the hotel someone is required to drive. The nearset facilities are around 7 - 10 minutes driving distance.

I would recommend taking a case of water, cans of soft drinks and snacks for anyone with children and keeping them in the rooms for drinking during the day."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of September 2008