Hotel by night

Good

In our opinion this is not a 'four star' hotel!!!

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"We booked a three night break at the Europe Playa Marina for a few days of rest and relaxation but unfortunately it turned out to be a stressful endurance test. We arrived late (after midnight!) on the first evening because of our late flight. We had emailed the hotel in advance to say that we would be late. Our room was a 'box' with a noisy old fashioned air conditioning system, which kept us awake all night. The minibar was empty because guests are expected to fill in a form with their requirements before the hotel will fill it up. It would have been nice to at least have been able to have some water when we got to our room especially as everywhere was closed up and we had told them we would be late! We were tired and thought everything would seem better in the morning but when we got up the room was so dark we had to keep the lights on. It felt like the middle of winter and yet it was a beautiful sunny day. We asked to move our room and were told that the hotel would be full at the weekend and they could not move us. After lengthy discussion when we pointed out that we were actually leaving on the Saturday and also that the hotel was currently half empty they begrudgingly moved us to a better room. Unfortunately still not what we would have expected from a 'four star' hotel. The hotel setting was great and there was a lovely pool terrace but unfortunately the pool was very deep- we saw only four strong swimmers venture into it during our time there. It was totally unsuitable for children or non-swimmers. The small beach beside the hotel was clearly marked as belonging to the neighbouring hotel. In the evening the main bar in the hotel was always empty, and it was cordoned off during the day. In the evening other guests seemed to either gravitate to other hotels (we saw a number of them in the bar of another hotel 500metres away!) or just disapear from the hotel. There was no atmosphere at all in the hotel at any time and it just felt very uninviting! Even staff were in scarce supply. There are no facilities for a snack during the day -at lunch-time you either had to pay for a full buffet (which you really don't need) or go out to another hotel or bar. Our last day was the final straw- having been assured at the begining of our stay, we could have a hospitality room for 20 euros when we actually asked about it on our last evening we were told to come back the following morning. The reception staff had made us aware that we needed to leave our room by 12 noon and yet we had to go back three times before we were eventually told if there was a room available. By this time we had given up and decided to just put our luggage in a luggage room -we were just wasting our final day in the sun. They suddenly found a room but when we got to it, it had a broken hairdryer hanging off the wall with all the electrical wiring exposed above the sink in the bathroom- a health and safety risk!!!!! Added to that we had just eventually sat down on our sunbeds by the pool on the last day and we were overrun by non-residents (100+) standing over all the sunbeds whilst their company made a tannoy presentation and guests were asked to keep quiet- we felt obliged to leave the terrace because we could not relax! If the hotel wants to put on these conferences they should out of courtesy to their guests forewarn them- people understand but not when they are just beseiged! As we had missed our first evening meal the receptionist informed us we may have a meal on our last evening. Our flight was not until late and so we went into the restaurant and gave our original room number. The Head Waiter then came to our table and informed us that we had booked only B & B. We explained to him the position and that must be the new guest's booking. We asked him to confirm with reception but twice more he came back and challenged us very publicly. He then came back over and said he had spoken to Reception and they had confirmed we were correct. Five minutes later the Manager came over to the table and she again questioned us very loudly about why we were eating in the restaurant. Again we explained why and she then informed us that the receptionist should have given us a voucher. As my husband pointed out this was not our fault but theirs! Throughout this whole incident we remained extremely calm but as the manager began to walk away she came back and informed us very loudly ' to make sure that we paid for our drinks on the table' , which incidentially my husband had already done! Her whole aim appeared to be humilate and embarass us during our meal. At this point theerfore we walked out and what should have been relaxing break was ruined by very rude arrogant treatment by hotel staff, especially on this last day. We travel regularly to Majorca (at least three times a year) and have never ever stayed in a bad hotel before and have never felt compelled to criticise anywhere previously. However on this occasion we felt it important that people hear about our experiences. We ourselves rely heavily on Trip Advisor comments when booking. This is not a 'four star' hotel - the rooms were poor, facilities poor and service dreadful!"

• Travel date: 12th May 2007

Terrific value for money

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"Arrived by chance at this hotel , which to be honest does not look great from outside. However once inside staff are very friendly and relaxed, rooms are very clean and reasonably appointed, views, pool and poolside facilities are fantastic. Caught bus into Palma, runs every 10 minutes, takes approx 20 minutes. Illetas restaurants are very limited, but Palma offers everything one could want."

• Travel date: 30th April 2007

Lovely relaxing break

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"My Sister was getting married at the nearby Virtual Club so we wanted a hotel in Illetas to be within walking distance of the club. We have been to Illetas a few times before and have usually stayed at the Illetas Club Playa but unfortunately it was fully booked, hence we stayed at the Europe Marina Playa. Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised with our surroundings and our room was very spacious and clean. The hotel has a lovely terrace and pool area where you can quite happily lay and relax. There weren't many children whilst we were there so it was lovely and quiet. Breakfast is great - there is an enormous amount of food to choose from, plus a hot counter which cooks fresh eggs and omlettes. I was really impressed and thought it was great value for money. My only complaint is that the hairdryer was completely useless and I could have physically blown on my hair and it would have dried faster. I ended up having to borrow a hairdryer from my Sister as I couldn't manage with the hotel's one. Although fully booked, the hotel almost felt like a ghost town at night. One evening there was a Spanish guitarist and there was four of us in the bar watching them! Where do all these guests go to of an evening? Having said all of that, the hotel is clean and welcoming and I wouldn't hesitate on recommending this hotel to anyone who likes a peaceful, relaxing break. If you want somewhere busy with lots of nightlife - this isn't for you, however Magaluf is 10 minutes and 15 Euros away in a taxi! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me. Sarah"

• Travel date: 26th September 2006

Loved it

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"We had a fantastic 3 days. We have a boy aged 6 and I think its pot luck if you find other children there. The games room with its soft play, table tennis are good. Organised activities were a bit lacking but over it was more of a couples hotel - which we liked. The first room didn't have a sea view , so we paid an extra £20 a night to move to a suite which had the best views ever and lovely room - seperate lounge area. Food great and service good."

• Travel date: 18th September 2006

Friendly Hotel

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"We stayed at Playa Marina in August 2006. Having stayed at 2 other hotels in this resort previously we were quietly surprised at the friendiness of this hotel. The staff were professional, very helpful and extremely friendly. I would like to single out one member of staff- the childrens/ games organiser who was a absolute star. We have a 3 year old little girl and she thought it was the best holiday ever as she had a kids club, soft play and face painting. The rooms were clean the breakfast and dinner were also very good. We had Lunch on one occasion and found that we had a great choice of food. We will be staying here again. Illetas is a quiet resort, with no need for flashy resturants and clubs. Perfect for our family holiday."

• Travel date: 21st August 2006

Perfect Hotel for a Poolside Break

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"Stayed in Illetas for a week mid June this year. Would not rate Illetas as a resort at all [we are a couple - late thirties[me][girl] - him late forties]. It's got no town centre, no nice restaurants [just a couple of chipper type restaurants] and worst of all NO DECENT SHOPS!! And Palma is a good thirty minutes away on the bus which sometimes isn't air conditioned, stops everywhere and it's a pretty bumpy twisty turny route. However, the hotel is top class. It's what I would expect for a European four star - rooms are pretty much what you see on the website i.e. no frills but spotlessly clean and carpets, bedclothes, etc. are pretty new. Breakfast at this hotel was excellent. I belive dinner was also excellent although I didn't partake. It's a perfect hotel if you just want to bake yourself poolside all day [and the pool is lovely - nice bar - no bar snacks just a buffet lunch from 12 to 3 [I think]] and dine in the hotel. No screaming kids - mostly couples and singles at this hotel. Staff terribly nice apart from a blonde one on reception but there's always one! I would go back to this hotel if it was in a different resort but unfortunately Illetas doesn't float my boat."

• Travel date: 18th July 2006

Very Relaxing

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"My friend and I spent five nights here to rest and recuperate and it was the ideal place. The hotel was lovely. Everything was clean and the public rooms were comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the buffet breakfast and evening meal were wonderful. We were able to eat our meals on the terrace overlooking the Mediterranean. Our room overlooked the small beach at the side of the hotel next door and we went to sleep every night to the sound of waves. The beach belonged to the hotel next door but there was an arrangement with the other hotels that we could use it. The pool was clean but deep. I did not feel that the hotel was suitable for children. Illetas is very small and quiet with only a few shops and supermarkets but this suited us. Palma was a short bus ride awayif you wanted to be more lively. There were problems with some guests putting there towels on sunbeds and then not coming down to them until late morning but they were taking delivery of more sunbeds and cushions when we were there. We would definitely come back to this hotel . Very restful."

• Travel date: 10th July 2006

What Luck!!!

Reviewed 11th October 2012

"Well, I had booked this hotel over the internet, and their were hardly any pictures available, but I booked it anyways, worrying that it would be a horrible hotel. When we got there from the Airport, I was extremely shocked and very excited. The hotel is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I have been many places, but this hotel is one of the nicest places I have ever stayed. After spending 3 months in Africa and flying to Spain, it was a well-deserved treat. The rooms are bright and cheerful, and have wonderful beds and all of the rooms have large spacious balconys. The bathrooms are even extremely nice. Quite impressive for a European Hotel. It wasn't cramped or anything like that. The pool was nice and clean, and there were plenty of chairs around to lounge and tan in. The beach wasn't the best, but if I wanted to go to the beach, I would just go to Palma Nova. It has a great beach there. I found that there were PLENTY of suitable restaraunts around the hotel area. I don't know what people are expecting in restaraunts ( like the Ritz Carlton type of restaraunts). The food everywhere was good, and after eating in Africa for 3 months, this food was excellent for me!!!! They also had a nice lounge/bar area where it's quiet at night to play some cards or read a book. There buffet at the restaraunt is quite superb too! Overall, this place is DEFINITELY worth a look!!! Hope this helps you all out, and I hope that you enjoy your stay as much as I enjoyed mine!! Blessings, P.K. Canada!"

• Travel date: 7th February 2005

The Holiday Inn of resorts

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"The hotel has a beautiful view and the decor is very pleasant. Some staff were very helpful, others completely un-helpful. Breakfast was excellent, but the service so-so. The A/C in my room worked well but did not work so well in the room my friends stayed in. The place is fine, but Illetas is a crowded area without much charm - if I went back to Mallorca I would either stay in Palma or farther out in a smaller town. As one of the unhelpful people at the reception desk told us, there are "no good restaurants" in Illetas, so we ended up taking a 15 euro taxi ride into Palma every night for dinner."

• Travel date: 18th August 2004

dave,s paradise

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"We have been to this hotel many times it is first class . Alway's welcoming and wonderful views from the breakfast balcony over the bay of Palma. What you see is what you get."

• Travel date: 8th July 2003

Hotels near Europe Playa Marina

Europe Playa Marina is also called

• europe playa marina illetas
  • europe playa marina hotel