About Sun Club El Dorado

• kids club

Good

AVOID THIS HOTEL

Reviewed 7 months ago

"Please take a minute to look at these bad reviews because they are 100% consistent with what we experienced. The accommodation is horrendous, the staff are incredibly rude and the pool/bar areas are filthy. We only lasted half an hour and then we moved to another hotel (costing us almost £1200!)

The hotel owner refused to give us any sort of refund and lied to our holiday company about how we complained. I’ve never experienced anything like this in my entire life. I wouldn’t even allow my dog to stay in the room as it was crawling with insects and looked like something in a horror film.

The hotel and holiday companies are ripping people off and destroying people hard earned holidays.

The positive reviews are all suspiciously similar and I’m 99% certain they are faked by the hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of July 2018

U don't get what u pay for

Reviewed Tue 16th of August 2016

"Run like a joke , overbook and then dump u in a disgusting room
Next day offer u what u paid for then offer compensation that's in your package
Still didn't get the large bungalow we paid for or any facilities ie fridge,all what was in package and booked 8months ago, they say sorry like its nothing they don't care how it affects u.
Needs more staff for bar areas that get filthy , buffet restaurant is a constant battle to get in,queuing for a seat ,then waiters move you off as you find a table to big for your group so u wait longer.20mins,its a shame as the complex is great,kids club is very good."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of August 2016

Dirty and animal lovers avoid!!!!!

Reviewed Tue 26th of May 2015

"I am so upset coming back from staying at this resort they con you with the prices of the apartments which are absolutely tiny dirty and falling apart , the food is disgusting the meat is cheap and undercooked and I found crawlier on my food which stopped me from eating there so I either went I to mainland Spain or Crios! Drinks stop being served at 11pm so if you want a cup of coffee or tea it's too bad you have to wait until the next day,
They have a riding school which is appalling their was one horse which was locked in the stable all week and it had no hay to lay on and in this heat it's a wonder it can still stand the horses in the paddock have no water are completely brain dead and eat their own pooh for moisture yet they still tack them up and take them out they are right near the bar so I couldn't go up there anymore as I cannot do anything I hated this place and wish somebody can put a stop to this cruelty

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of May 2015

Well what can I say!!! Other than we got home today and have already been looking to book up again

Reviewed Wed 28th of May 2014

"Iv seen a few bad reviews for this place and was a little worried but I can say after returning home today we are already wanting to book up again the staff are amazing even above amazing yes the bungalows are a little basic but who does more than shower and sleep in them the views were awesome the pools are perfect for young children ours are 3 and 7 and both are very sad to be home we went as a group of 8 and we all are returning next year !!! The food was always fresh yes basic but really guys what do you want for your money rooms were cleaned every day we had to cleaners not to worries as felt guilty ,, I/ we have nothing but good things to say and as for entertainers wow every night new show you guys should pat your selfs on your backs thank you thank you xx"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of May 2014

Amazing Holiday

Reviewed Mon 20th of August 2012

"My partner, 6 year old son and I arrived at the complex on 7th Aug 2012. We were greeted by friendly staff and we were taken to our room via golf buggy which saved dragging cases up and down hills. There was a mix up with our room however the staff were very apoligetic and we were fully compensated. Out of 10 days, our room was cleaned 8 times. The rooms are basic however very clean. The kids club staff go above and beyond the call of duty. My son loved the club, all the staff and the evening shows, which cater for both adults and children. My son is a very fussy eater, as am I, however I never had any complaints about the food, always something fresh and different. Each day was full of activity which again, the staff were amazing from aqua aerobics to archery. I loved everyday there, the views were amazing and the weather matched. My only grip, which has nothing to do with the resort or staff, was the other residents. There was no such thing as a queue, more like every man for himself. It may be that I'm British and that's how we do things, however it could get really frustrating at times. All in all, a fantastic holiday had by all especially considering the price we paid."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of August 2012

sun club eldorado majorca

Reviewed Tue 10th of July 2012

"well we arrived at the complex 3adults,1child the weather was brilliant all holiday over 100 every day for 11days we have no COMPLAINTS at all, we all thought the complex was brilliant, it catered for everybody, had no issues with the food or drink, the staff wether it was from reception to bar to entertainment to the cleaners they were so brilliant,sheets and towels were white not grey, only thing is built on hills and can be very steep at times for the older holiday person, buses run into arenal from the complex everday the beach in arenal is awsome worth a visit so much to do on the complex horse riding to mini golf ect the anderson family had a BRILLIANT time would recommend it to anybody ,entertainment at night good anderson family

• Travel date: Tue 10th of July 2012

Holiday in club eldorado

Reviewed Wed 13th of June 2012

"My husband my son his partener and 4 yr old son stayed in this place from 28th may until 9th june oh my god what a dismal apt for us both i must admit we did enjoy ourselves food was basic but you always get what did you i broke 2 teeth my husband broke his plate my granson fell over a 3ft wall at the kiddies pool up top they would need to extend the railings up their do they really do anything when you complain. Now the staff are very good oh my how they have to work bet they dont get the MINIMUM wage like we do in U.K a lot of germans,french, very few irish or english but on the whole it was a good holiday but wouldnt say i would go back. "

• Travel date: Tue 12th of June 2012

Great Holiday

Reviewed Fri 30th of March 2012

"Although it is a couple of years since i have been to sun club el dorado, i can still say it is the best holiday myself and my 2 grandchildren have had. Alright the accommodation is rough the rest of the complex more than make up for it. The staff are the most caring and thoughtful people i have ever met on a holiday. unfortunalty i had an accident whilst playing crazy golf (my grandson hit me over my eye with the golf club)the staff were terrific, and the manager knocked everyday to see if i was ok. the doctor arrived within half hour to glue my eye together again.The staff went out of their way to make sure my grandchildren were looked after and they constantly reassured them i would be ok and as my grandson is autistic this was no mean feat.The entertainment was outsranding as was the food with a gala meal and the snacks were great. the pools were more than adequate and the kids loved the water slide. even i took part in the shooting which to mu surprise i turned out to be quite good at it. Horse riding was great and my grandson fell in love with the lady who took them riding. Please don't be put off by the negative reviews. give it a try and enjoy"

• Travel date: Fri 30th of March 2012

cheap 4day break

Reviewed Mon 24th of October 2011

"we booked a cheap 4day break for 2couples . We arrived at the complex @11am in a taxi from the airport that cost 36euros .We went to check in at reception and the receptionist offered us an upgrade right away so that made us nervous it was 6euros per day for a room bigger than ours or 16 euros per day for an apartment, as we were just staying for 4nights we said it didnt matter. On opening the door of our room i nearly burst out crying n thought that i couldnt stay there it was like a shed with beds in , the paint was flaking off the wall by the bathroom our friends were just the same. I didnt think i could put up with it.The walls were very thin and we could hear the people next door talking as if they were beside us and the man staying there snored every night so loud it was awful. we went to the pool and got our drinks the bar staff were very nice but the snacks were nuts, cheesy wotsits and spam or cheese sandwiches.The restaurant meals were ok sometimes the trays of food came out of the kitchen only warm so i heated mine up in the microwave,im quite fussy but i could always find something to eat.In the bar beside the restaurant they served pizza that was delicios and guests ate them very fast . The activities available were excellent we played crazy golf daily ,boccia, and tennis and the daily cocktail games which were funny competing against other guests . The foot paths around the complex need redone as they were broken and uneven and would be quite difficult for people with walking difficulties . I have asthma and a couple of times i found it difficult to catch my breath when walking up to the restaurant as it was up hill from our room.. The rooms were clean and we got clean towels daily the only un welcome visitor to our room was a little lizard . The beach was quite a few miles away from the complex so you do need a taxi or use the shuttle bus . Overall the break was good its just a shame the accommodation wasnt better.As for going back im unsure if i would but if i did it would only be for a few nights like this time and i would definately upgrade to an apartment "

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of October 2011

had ok time but wouldnt return

Reviewed Tue 31st of May 2011

"just came back from sun club eldorado last week the views were lovely, staff very friendly and the entertainment team worked really hard. wouldnt return though because the food was absolutely terrible i dont expect the food to be the same as back home and i am not fussy about trying new things but i found the food unedible and so did the rest of my family. we went into arenal every day for breakfast and lunch because my 2 children would have starved otherwise."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2011

Low Season Bargain!!!

Reviewed Fri 27th of May 2011

"Just returned from a Mon - Fri cheap break from Prestwick. £155 each including transfers and 1 suitcase.
Rooms
Very poor. Musty and worn, although clean enough. Bathroom tiny but functional.
Beware basic rooms are tiny with little outside space. Superior rooms have balcony and a lot more space. We went for superior sea view, room 25. These being near the front are located close to the large pool and bar area. Great for getting a beer and taking back to balcony.
There are renovated rooms at a premium, these look lovely. However their location up the top mean that you are quite far away from the nearest bar and entertainment areas. Good for small children however as kiddy pool, mini golf and waterslide are near to hand.
Couples or singles better with superior sea view.
Bars/Entertainment
Not all bar areas open yet as it early season, resort lovely and quiet and no queue's at all at any time of day or night. Happy to serve you several drinks at once, although small plastic cups only. hey ho, its free. Barmen will mix u any combination you wish and there are cocktails available.
Saw a 'Grease' show, the usual 2* stuff, but fun enough for families
Food
Very good for a 2 star resort, had worse. Always hot, and very clean. Beer and wine on tap.
Alltogether
A great cheap break, so long as you can put up with very 80'ish Butlin like rooms. The resort makes up for it.
Mainly French and Germans at this time of year, and I understand it used to cater for the German trade. We actually prefer this mix, rather than tonnes of union jack towels. (no need to put towels down in morning..tonnes of beds). Heard the usual odd brit moan about Germans etc, but they were the ones who stuck out and looked silly!
Going back, but not at the peak of season as I can imagine it would be a bit hectic then. Book now, and enjoy... "

• Travel date: Fri 27th of May 2011

excellent value for money

Reviewed Thu 10th of March 2011

"we were here in may 2010, and first few hours i was unsure, but we had a great week the kids loved it.
sure the bungalows are basic but only what you get everywhere else, it was clean and was ample kids had bunk beds we had a double, sofa, dressing table, bathroom, to be honest we dont spend time in the room anyway can do that at home. the food was good but we eat a variety of food and are certainly not looking for english food. should your children not eat varied food they have a table with nuggets an chips etc, the bus stop couldnt be closer and the beach is great.we spent our time at pool up by the apts it was quieter and better for the kids we have just re booked and go again in may cant beat that price for what you get. entertainment excellent ive never been anywhere that has shows everynight its what you make of it its a holiday enjoy "

• Travel date: Sat 5th of March 2011

Hotels near Sun Club El Dorado

Top traveller tips for Sun Club El Dorado

• Caroline F by Caroline F

"try all actives same for the children brilliant "

• Cowzie's carefully reviewed breaks by Cowzie's carefully reviewed breaks

"Use the Hotel and amenities, there is nothing else nearby "

• Paddy B by Paddy B

"Take a laptop with films for kids as some times you may wona chill out at the apartment "

• kerry & Pete by kerry & Pete

"Loved Arenal beach, you'll enjoy the whole day. Sandy beach and clear water. "

• kerry & Pete by kerry & Pete

"Foods great in Arenal. "

• Kristeen85 by Kristeen85

"A day trip to Areneal. Lots to do and many cheap resturants to choose from "

• Sad by Sad

"Find somewhere else unless your german "

• "Until they find ppl to run place properly I wouldn't go as it ruins ur holiday "

• English People by English People

"Dont waste your money "

• lizzie76 by lizzie76

"Has everything you want sun sea sand food and shops "

• andy mc by andy mc

"Lots of shops in arenal. didnt like beach "

• jacx67 by jacx67

"try not to think about your room and enjoy what the complex has to offer "

• gibbyess by gibbyess

"although not on a beach, there are regular buses into the arenal beaches leaving from reception "

• gibbyess by gibbyess

"we stayed in the sun club and did not venture out because it had everything we needed here already "

• Paw Paw by Paw Paw

"GET A RAILING AROUND THE KIDDIES POOL UP TOP. "

• deke by deke

"Not luxury, but worth getting a superior room . "

• Katyann H by Katyann H

"Dont worry about the rooms you do not spend much time in them "

• Suzanne D by Suzanne D

"Make sure you have a superior room with air con "

• Disappointing by Disappointing

"Dont go unless you can get an apartment the bungalows are awful "

Sun Club El Dorado is also called