About OLA Hotel Maioris

• spanish amenities
  • paid internet
  • tennis court
  • kids club
  • free public parking nearby
  • billiards
  • solarium
  • entertainment staff
  • mini golf
  • catalan amenities

ignore the bad reviews

Reviewed Tue 15th of March 2016

"Okay so i stayed at the Ola club Maioris last July, just me and my 3 children of 12, 9 and 5. I was really worried after reading so many bad reviews, but have to say we loved every min of it.
The hotel is spotless, so clean, and the staff work really hard to keep it that way. The pool area is lovely and clean, the park area is well kept and its lovely and green. The rooms are a little dated, but clean and comfy. I read a lot of bad reviews about beds being hard........come on people, no bed is going to be like your bed at home, no matter where you go. Put it this way, i am not the best sleeper in the world, yet i slept fine. The food was nice, my kids are all fussy and they always managed to find a suitable meal without moaning, fresh fruit and veg always on offer. The entertainment for the kids was good, the kids club was enjoyable according to my 2 youngest, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. They had ice cream on tap, which i have to say its the best ice cream I have ever tasted, they bought out snacks all day, cakes crisps, rolls etc, which could at times be stale, but this is me literally nit picking. there is a free bus that goes to the beach and into town a few times a week, a supermarket 5 min walk away, along with a chemist etc. Well we liked it so much we have booked to go back august this year. All i can say is if you want a relaxing holiday, away from stress so the kids can play and you are not bothered about being secluded then this place is ace. We went to the beach by taxi and also sea world arranged by coach and not once did i feel trapped or secluded. taxis are cheap and there is plenty of day trips to choose from. id recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. don't listen to the bad reviews. Lisa :-)"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of March 2016

Nice hotel, good food, great staff - shame about the hard beds!

Reviewed Wed 30th of July 2014

"My husband and I visited the Ola Club Maioris in June 2014. On arrival we found the hotel to be in a quiet location about 8 kilometers from Arenal which suited us as we wanted a quiet restful break. The staff were really friendly and booked us in quickly and directed us to our room. The room was a good size but we found the furniture and decor to be a bit dated and in need of refurbishment but nevertheless adequate. The beds, however, were really hard it was like sleeping on a board! I found myself sleeping on top of one of the pillows which I placed down the bed in order to get some sleep. We assumed that all the beds in the hotel would be the same so didn't complain. We were placed in block C, room 135 and although the room was quiet we didn't get much sun on the balcony which would have been nice. The food was really good and the dining room staff were really friendly and helpful. I, personally, found breakfast to be the best meal of the day as there was an array of fruit available and a good selection of cooked items but to be fair all the meals were good. The entertainment finished at between 11 and 12 each night which suited us but if any one wanted to party on, there was a few bars down the road about 5-10 minutes walk. We felt that it would be a good gesture on behalf of the hotel if the WI-Fi was provided free of charge to hotel guests as the hotel is a bit out of the way; there was a 24 Euro charge per week for WI-Fi usage. All in all, we enjoyed our 10 day all inclusive stay and would return if we could be guaranteed a more comfortable bed!!"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of July 2014

Great 10 days and the kids loved it!

Reviewed Thu 15th of August 2013

"Very clean friendly hotel no problems staying ere except for the air con was temperamental . Pool great kids club fab my 6 year old loved it my 9 year old boy made plenty of friends by the pool to play with. The animation team worked very hard and got to know the guests very impressed with them all.
Food was a bit repetitive but good we didn't go hungry and the kids could have backs and ice cream all day long.
You do need to put your towels on sun beds by 7.30 am to get a bed where you want to go.
Taxi's and buses just outside the hotel we got a taxi to aqua land for 8 euros but there is a free bus service.
You have to pay a daily or weekly charge for the Internet which only works on one device this was my only annoyance but we were on holiday so it was good motto be constantly checking Facebook or emails for once.
Nice hotel friendly good value for money would go back again for the kids.

• Travel date: Thu 8th of August 2013

Great!!!!

Reviewed Thu 13th of October 2011

"We have just returned from the Maioris. Four adults who wanted a break wuithout the children. We wanted a holiday where there was nothing to do but chill out by the pool and not have to worry about food and drink. We got everything we wanted.
The hotel staff are really helpful and friendly and can't do enough for you.
The food was plentiful and there was a good variety on offer. Breakfast was the same every day, but because of the wide variety on offer, you could eat something different every day. There was always plenty of fresh fruit and salad available at mealtimes as well as on the all day buffet at the bar. Lunchtimes and Evening meals sometimes had similar meals available, however, again there was a large variety to choose from so this was not a problem.
The hotel was spotless, the rooms are spacious and cleaned on a daily basis.
Should you wish it, there was plenty of entertainment available and in the evenings, there was always something different after the mini disco and bingo.
A great week was had by all and I would go there again and recommend it.
The only downside, the sunloungers need repairing or updating. However as it is getting to the end of the season, this is to be expected."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of October 2011

a great bargain if all you want to do is relax

Reviewed Sun 9th of October 2011

"We have just returned from a week at this Hotel and to be honest the only things i could complain about are very petty. the location not the best for nightlife but the brochure clearly states that its a residential area so we expected that, the food in the restaurant is a little repetitive and sometimes not the hottest but its a value Hotel so we were not expecting Cordon Bleu. I would recommend the omelettes for breakfast they are great, we did not encounter any rude staff and the animation team were not in your face and constantly annoying people which i have found at other Hotels. It was just nice and peaceful and relaxing. Maintenance could be a bit more on the ball as our tv did not work most of the week but again mostly German or Spanish channels so not missing much and you dont go away to watch tv in your room!! and they seemed to have a problem with the lifts in one of the blocks which unfortunatley for us we were on the 4th floor. Overall very clean, nice food, quiet, relaxing and cheap."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of October 2011

Holiday from hell

Reviewed Thu 1st of September 2011

"This was one of the worst experiences of my life!! This hotel is in no way a 4*. Half the sun beds were broken and the other half hardly fit to lie on.

It was clean, but that was about the only good thing I would say about it. It was a very big disappointment to me. In no way is it suitable for babies.

Faulty Towers was luxury compared to this hotel in my and my family's opinion. What a shame!! There was no tour operator there to complain to."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of August 2011

Bored to tears

Reviewed Wed 25th of May 2011

"May 2011
Location:This hotel is situated about 5 kilometers from Arenal,apart from the hotel Delta next door,the area is bereft of inhabitants although there are approx 100 vacant residential properties near by.
Accommodation:Basic but clean,beds hard,food poor, repetitive and generally "cold".Staff can be arrogant and unhelpful.Hotel bus must be booked the previous day
and leaves you off in arenal at 11am and does not pick you up until 5pm. Taxi fares to arneal vary between 10 to 18 euros.each way.
Entertainment:generally poor "bingo bingo bingo" bar charges apply after 11pm so most people disappear after this time.
Summary:Would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you wish to sit around the complex and drink and be bored."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of May 2011

Good for a cheap short holiday

Reviewed Mon 4th of October 2010

"we went away for a few days without the children, on arrival found staff friendly and helpful but there was a bit of a smell at reception smelt like from the drains, room was basic but ok with a regular maid service, generous measures from the bar staff if you like vodka we look advantage of that :), evening entertainment was basic along with the entertainment throughout the day , would go back there for a short break again "

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of October 2010

Great Holiday! Nice Hotel!

Reviewed Wed 20th of October 2010

"Me and my partner stayed at this hotel for a week in the second week in June 2010 and wnet all inclusive. The hotel was lovely, we checked in straight away and staff at the reception were helpfull. The rooms were clean and tidy and plenty of space. he cleaners did our bed and cleaned the room daily and gave us clean towels. The cleaners day off was on saturday but if we wanted clean towels we could get them at the reception. And everywhere else in the hotel was clean too with plenty of sofas to sit and relax! There was two big pools and a small pool for children. In one of the big pools there was a jaquizzi wich we only seen it on once. There was plenty of sun loungers and umbrellas but to get the best ones we went down to put our towels on them before we went for breakfast. There was a warden by the pool all day wich was very good in case we wanted anything or someting happened. There was plenty of sun loungers in shades too and that was nice when it went a bit too hot in the afternoon. Th food was nice, plenty to choose from, but we ate too much as we usualy do. Plenty of space in the restraunt and we helped ourselved for drinks and food. There was a snack bar open all day at the bar with sandiwches, fruits, crisps, cakes and so on. At the bar we helped ourselved to most of the drinks. One thing we were a bit dissapointed was the location of the hotel. It was a lovely place but not much to do or go for a walk. There was a rocky cove by the see about a mile away from the hotel wich was was a killer to walk back up. There was a suermarket and a couple of small shops miniuts walk away. But it was nice and quiet around the hotel as it was not a busy place.Ideal place if you want a quiet and relaxing place. The hotel did free buses every day, there was service buses coming and going all day, and taxis in front of the hotel. We went to arenal for the day, was a nice place for the beach and shops. And we also went to Palma for a bit of shopping. Nice clothes shops there. There was a water park about 5 minuit down the road wich we didnt go to though. We did have hot weather but we had one cloudy day and rain one morning but was still hot. At the hotel there was access to internet, crazy golf, ping pong, bike hire, sauna, gym, tv room and an arcade so there was plenty to do! The staff did different entertaiment throughout the day. At night we went down to the bar for a coule of hours. The entertaiment was ok, mini disco and bingo every night. We had a laugh doing the bingo although we didnt win anything, but the prize was about 30 to 40 euro for a line and if u get full house in was about 300 to 400 euros. There was a magician one night, dancing, sining, acting. This hotel was ideal for famalies or couples. We had to check out from our room before 12pm and as our flight was not untill late in the afternoon, we put our luggage in the luggage room and they did not take our all inclusive wristbands off so we went for food before we left. After all we enjoyed our stay in this hotel, next time we would stay in a more buse area for more shops and things to do. And i do recoment this hotel for famalies and couples who want a quiet and relaxing holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of June 2010

Fantastic

Reviewed Mon 26th of October 2009

"We loved this hotel so much as a family we,ve booked for 2010, the reason being and bear in mind we travel at least 4 times a year on different holidays, this place had something for us all, the kids loved it ([email protected]) and thus we had a great time, the wife read 7 books I enjoyed the entertainment and the bar the food is also very good. Next year being a massive footy fan I wanted somewhere we could go and I could relax and just enjoy watching the World cup and I know at this Hotel I will be able to do just that.
It doesn't cost the world but when you return you know you've had a holiday, they dont restrict the drinks as everyone is AI and there's always something nice to eat. We also met some nice people and great staff there, we as a family don't tend to return to many places as we feel there's so many different places in the world to visit, but we can't wait to go back there next June 2010. "

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of October 2009

Avoid If You Can!

Reviewed Wed 14th of October 2009

"We arrived at the Ola Maioris Hotel on the 26th September 2009 at about 6pm. By 11pm, I was on the phone to the U.K, TRYING TO GET OUT OF THERE!
It's supposed to be a 4* All Inclusive hotel, but it's honestly not more than a 3*, and that's being kind.
We got there, checked in and was told we were on the 5th floor (top). I should at this point mention that I am a disabled lady and use a mobility scooter to get around. The lifts were only just big enough to fit me and my scooter in it, and then when we reached our floor, the lift does not meet the floor properly, and so I got stuck! The only way to get out was to put my scooter on full power and reverse at top speed. This would have been ok, if there wasn't a glass wall behind me, over the stairwell.
We finally get to our room, and there is no air condioning. I specifically booked this hotel as it had this service, however, it was turned off. It was very hot in the room, so i tried to call reception from the phone located on the bedside table. It did not work. There had been a storm that had taken all the phones out in the hotel, and so I had to go back in the now dreaded lift.
When we got to reception we told them of the problem with the air conditioning, and they said the manager had turned it off as it was no longer peak season. We were not the only ones at the reception asking what had happened to the air con, however, our comments were dismissed.
After all this hassle, we decided to go to the bar and get a drink. We were told to use the self service pumps as we only wanted a soft drink. We tried to do this, however, there were many wasps all over the drinks pump, and they tried to sting you if you tried to get a drink. This meant people dropped their cups and spilled their drinks. Nobody cleared this up, and so more wasps were attracted. We were very unhappy with this situation and so reported it to reception again, where we were told that it is all cleaned in the morning. I said that this was clearly not adequate, but nothing was done.
We then went to take a look at the all inclusive snacks. All of the food was uncovered and had wasps and flies crawling all over it. Nice! Again, we told reception. You can guess the result....
That night we went to dinner, to be served cold food at the "show cooking". It was all pre-cooked in the kitchen, and then brought out to be turned over on the hot plate twice and served up. It was still cold when it hit your plate.
The second night (although trying very hard to get ourselves moved, this had not happened yet as it was a Sunday and the U.K office was closed) my husband said we should give it a second chance. We shouldn't have bothered. This time there was a long black hair in the food! I put down my plate and walked out. Enough was enough.
I went to reception, told them what had happened and asked where the nearest restuarant was. For anyone unlucky enough to get stuck at this hotel, go outside, turn right, walk down to the huge roundabout that has a park on it, turn right again, and then a little further down on your left there are several restaurants (they also have some that do takeaways, like the pizza place). I can recommend the food here!!
I got back on the phone on the Monday morning and we were out of there by the Monday afternoon. We went to another hotel in Palma Nova, and were able to enjoy the rest of our holiday.
My advice to anyone who goes to this hotel is to take a mobile phone with lots of credit on it. If you have a better experience of this hotel than we did, great. If not, call the U.K holiday helpline as soon as possible and get yourselves moved. Good luck!

• Travel date: Tue 13th of October 2009

very disappointed

Reviewed Sat 10th of October 2009

"My wife and i booked an 8 night stay here and found that while the staff are all very hard working and approachable (even down to the little grey and black tabby cat that appeared outside the restaurant everyday)some of the managment policies made for a very disappointing stay.the food etc was good and varied though and the rooms basic but comfortable,but,we come to the bad points.we arrived at the hotel at 12.30am and booked in.we were then told that there we no refreshments available (not even a coffee) and we had to buy 2 cokes for 3 euros.the air conditioning was also turned off in the whole of the hotel including the restaurant and as the hotel was full you can imagine the heat in there,we also were having temperetures in the high 20s but still they stubbonly refused to turn it on.the third and for me the worst thing was that the hotel allows smoking in just about all parts of the bar and all the tables were taken up by what seemed to be a constant flow of chain smokers and no decent area was there for the non smokers.the management need to look at this appalling policy and i certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone that isn't a heavy smoker"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of October 2009

Hotels near OLA Hotel Maioris

Top traveller tips for OLA Hotel Maioris

• P Wheeler by P Wheeler

"were german orrientated but loads of great shops "

• lil by lil

"There is a free bus into arenal where the beaches are lovely and also a free bus into Palma "

• londonsteve2 by londonsteve2

"great for shopping and bars "

• Lotsum by Lotsum

"Majorca is a very pretty island, Cabo Blanco is quite far from the sea though. "

• Lotsum by Lotsum

"Our favourite restaurants were any ones outside of the hotel! "

• Bored rigid by Bored rigid

"Hire a car or preferably dont choose this hotel or area. "

• Disappointed by Disappointed

"Just don't go there. It needs full refurbishment and new guidelines "

• lyn5154 by lyn5154

"make use of the free bus to Palma and Arenal if you want the beach "

• JACT by JACT

"Don't go expecting a busy beach holiday. this is a chill out, relaxing hotel. It states it is in a residential area and it is. "

OLA Hotel Maioris is also called