About MLL Mediterranean Bay Hotel

• rooftop pool
  • catalan amenities

UNFORGETTABLE!!!

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"I just want to say that our staying in this hotel was fantastic!!! we have unforgettable memories and I would like to recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to spend some time in Mallorca. Very good location, very good service, especialy the lady from the back office, Mikaela, who helped us with very good advices about places to visit in Mallorca. All the personal was great, we felt like in a big family. Hope to see you all this year, maybe in Agust we come back!!!! GRACIAS!!!!!!!!!!!! ANNE NIXON"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of May 2011

great hotel apart from the food

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"having booked last minute break on arrival we were very pleased with the spacious room we had the bathroom was very roomy with a lovely powershower. we also had flat screen tv and double sofa and fridge(though speaking to other guests their rooms were much smaller). the rest of the hotel was very modern and the staff were very helpful. the only thing that let it down was the food. there was not much choice it was not very hot and we are sure that some days the food was dished up twice in one day. there is not many english bars we only saw one though we went to mega park which even though it was all germans we had a very good evening there. palma is only 10 mins away by bus and is well worth a visit."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of May 2011

4 Star Fantastic Value for Money

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"Ended up at this hotel following our hotel (Palma Bay) being overbooked, and I was very glad. The Hotel was fantastic, bedrooms are beautiful with flat-screen TV & en suite bathroom was fully equipped with hydro massage shower. Cleanliness was fantastic with maid service each day & the restaurant & bar staff were outstanding. Although the location is perhaps not suited for elderly or immobile people (at the top of a very steep hill), there was a bus stop & taxi service directly outside the front of the hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of April 2011

EXCELLENT MODERN HOTEL FOR SHORT BREAK

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"We stayed here two nights all inclusive, rooms small but clean and modern, food good and staff very friendly,swimming pool area lovely comfy loungers and clean pool, beach nearby not clean, all in all a great break away from the kids,we will be back"

• Travel date: Wed 20th of April 2011

Hotel Great.. Resort Rubbish!

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"We were moved to this hotel and resort as there was a problem with our orignal booking. I was a bit aprehensive about the resort after reading the online reviews but the hotel got some great reviews so i thought that it would be ok. We arrived mid-afternoon on a Sunday and got a taxi from the airport. The taxi driver claimed to know where he was dropping us off, but ended up dropping us at the Palma Bay resort. The Palma Bay hotel is the 3* sister of the Mediterranean Bay and is about a 10 minute walk away. We queued in the Palma Bay hotel for 45 minutes to ask for directions and a taxi to take us to the correct hotel. (i would not stay at the Palma Bay, what i saw of it was terrible) We finaly made it to the Mediterranean Bay and i have to say my first feeling was that of relief, as it is definately the most attractive and inviting looking hotel on the street, and compared to the madness we saw at the Palma Bay resort did seem to be more up market. Checking in to the hotel was fantastic, really quick and simple and the reception staff were very professional.
We had booked a room for 3 people, as i went with my 2 sisters. We are all aged between 19-24. Looking around the room i found it to be very clean with lovley decor and quite spacious. The resteraunt and bar area is also decorated very nicely and the pool area is lovley too. The food was generally ok, and i am quite a fussy eater but i always found something that i liked, I particularly enjoyed that you could see the chef cooking fish and steak on a grill.
The resort i found to be geared towards the German tourist market, with lots of Beir Kellers and German themed bars, although these all closed at 9pm! The beach or what we saw of it was nice but there were lots of spikey seaweed on the sand, that spoiled it a bit. The shops in the resort are typical market type shops selling lots of counterfeit designer goods and general bric-a-brac. Upon saying that i found a wonderful jewelery store on the main strip and i bought lots of locally made necklaces and bracelets. I also found an abundance of supermarkets, at least 50 on the main promenade, however even the ones that seem to be the same chain have diffrences in price, so shop around for stuff.
As the bars and resteraunts closed up at 9pm every night we often found that we had no choice but to spend time in the hotel bar. This was fine after our evening meal but later on they had entertainment in the bar, one night it was a local spanish singer, and then it was a quiz and bingo night.This is fine but it was mostly done in Spanish and German and it is hard to play bingo when they are calling the numbers quickly in Spanish and German. We ended up buying a pack of cards and staying in our room.
Overall the hotel was fine, just a few minor complaints, as some other customers have found the Air Conditioning blasted out hot air, when we arrived it was about 30 Degrees C in our room, opening the balcony doors cooled it down a bit. I tried everything to make it work but it still pumped out hot air. We ended up sleeping with the blacony doors open at night as it was so warm. We also found that due to the hotel having fully marble floors throughout if you moved the chair in the rooms it made a very loud noise. We were on thje 3rd floor and one of the nights, the people in the room next door were scraping the chair around the room and it sounded like a herd of elephants,making it very difficult to sleep.
I would recommened going on an excursion with Fredy Tours (shop on main strip, near Burger King) we had a fantasic day out with them, we managed to see The Aquarium, The Botanical Gardens, a lovley little Harbour village and the Pearl factory and store.
All in all i wouldnt visit here again, i would recommed the hotel but not the resort."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of April 2011

Awesome Hotel

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"We are a group of cyclists who were in the hotel two weeks ago. When the bus arrived to the hotel, it was the most beautiful we saw in the area. Once we checked in, we moved to the rooms, they were new, we left the suitcases and we met in the lobby to have dinner. I liked seeing the cook cooking my steak in front of me, it was really tasty. After dinner, we asked in reception what good routes were for clycling. The lady told to us some that we found in interet, and she talked about Stephen Roche and Miguel Indurain, we all love her!
The Hotel is well located, in a quiet area at 100m from the beach. Good rooms, impeccable cleaning, tremendous service and fantastic food. We will come back next year!"

• Travel date: Sat 9th of April 2011

Needs a lot of changes to make it a 4 star

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"As per previous reviewer the taxi cost us 21 euros and we arrived at around 10pm - we were luckily upgraded free of charge to a suite which was very nicely decorated but was very hot when we got to our room and we also found out the air conditioning wasnt working so had to open both patio doors so consequently did not have restful sleep due to our room being situated near a noisy traffic junction. There was only one pillow each, no glasses for the bathroom and the shower was broken (my husband managed to fix) and various other little annoyances including having to pay a 20 euro deposit so you could get a remote control to watch the TV.
We had to walk quite a distance that night to find something to eat and found a pizza place open which turned out to be the best food we had in the 3 days we were there.
Its always difficult when you turn up at a hotel late at night so we went down to breakfast with a positive point of view (as it was sunny)
However, even the method of getting a cup of tea was farcical - you had to get a tea bag from one place, walk to another machine to get hot water (and if you were lucky the previous person hadnt had coffee) and then walk somewhere else to get your milk.
There was hardly any choice of anything although you could get an omelette or fried eggs - I had to laugh one morning as I decided to try the scrambled egg which bounced off my plate!
The area where the hotel is was up a side street around 300 yards from the beach up a steep hill. There were a few souvenir shops and the actual beach area and marina area is quite nice but walk on the beach side of the road if you dont want to get hassled by people trying to get you to eat in their restaurants.
We decided to stay at the hotel the first day and did find the barman Miguel and other barman friendly and we didnt find the service bad. The snacks offered were not worth bothering with.
Lunch and dinner were dreadful again with hardly any choice and having stayed at a 3 star hotel in Can Pastilla before which was half the price of this hotel with much better food I really think this hotel needs to rethink its food. I know lots of the people seemed to be on coach trip/Saga type holidays. You cannot offer 'luminous' jelly and blancmange etc at a 4 star hotel and call it dessert!
I did feel sorry for the staff as they did work hard but this was low season and the hotel was not coping at all.
Possibly they should abandon the all inclusive and coach parties and just concentrate on good food on a half board basis so they could get the quality up.
However, we still managed to enjoy ourselves but would not have enjoyed staying there any longer!"

• Travel date: Thu 31st of March 2011

Fantastic hotel with lovely staff. Re-opened after total refurbishment in May 2010.

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"I was very lucky to stay at this hotel. My holiday was delayed because of the volcanic ash cloud and when I got to the 3 star Palma Bay hotel found they were overbooked and was ordered a taxi to take me to their brand new 4 star sister hotel. On arriving at the Mediterranean Bay I was greated extremely warmly by Michaela who showed me to my room. She told me that this was the first day of opening and couldn't do enough for me.
The rooms are very tastefully decorated with everything brand new (all have balconies and fantastic showers) and the whole hotel has a very modern style. The food was good - I was staying on an all inclusive basis and there was an extensive buffet for every meal served in a pleasant dining room and also on the terrace near a lovely water feature. All the staff were efficient and extremely friendly. I have returned since and once again had a great time with the staff making a fuss of me. There are two pool areas, a jacuzzi and the beach is a short walk away down a hill with lots of shops. The hotel attracts lots of Spanish visitors, English and other European guests. Highly recommended."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of January 2011

not a holliday hotel,more of a short stay or business trip

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"hotel has been refurbished,everything new,but very sterile,more of a city hotel,
very clean,dont know if time of year,but not many staff,one man sharing job between bar and setting tables,staff very plesant and polite,
no entertainment at all,unless you count one night for an hr ,spanish singer who was terrible!
reception very sterile,no information ,notice boards anywhere.
unless you where german and with a tour opperator.,then some folders on a table,
90 % german/spanish,
we where allinclusive,meals ok,good choice,but if you wanted anything during the day,
in the bar,a small table with 2 trays of cakes,and a fridge with sarnies in that you could toast!
def not a hotel for a familly!nothing at all for children to do except the pool,no games .ect
beer served in small glass,and shorts very weak!
hotel is on a bank,no good for anyone with walking diffitculty
beach good ,but nothing to do on night time,only 2 english bars,and small at that."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of October 2010

a very enjoyable holiday

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"booked a junior suite on an a/i basis for a 10 day break to celebrate our golden wedding we were joined by other family members some for a 3 day break and others for 7 days On arrival we were greeted by a warm welcome at reception who even took the time to show us to our room We found all the staff to be very polite and welcoming The food was very good with plenty of choices Other areas of the hotel we found to be excellent Most of the holidaymakers were spanish whom we found to be very welcoming The only thing that we would have liked was a childrens play area as we had a 5year old and a 14 month toddler in our party other than that no complaints"

• Travel date: Fri 8th of October 2010

We just came back from our lovely holida...

Reviewed Thu 10th of July 2008

"We just came back from our lovely holiday from Mallorca and want to tell everyone that in the Olimpo Bay Hotel the food is 1st class, delicious!!!!!Congratulations all the stuffs as well, they were really friendly and helpful!
I was a bit scared before, because I red the comments from English people but now I realized that they were right: if you are English, don't go there, because the food is brilliant
- so you won't like it! (I know as I live in London)
One again a BIG THANK YOU to the hotel's stuffs to made our holiday brilliant!

Eszter and Tamas"