Brillint

Reviewed Fri 26th of August 2011

"Myself and my 5yr old son just came back from a week at this hotel would definalty recommend a holiday here. Very clean, friendly staff, good choice of food and freshly made. Mini club was great for my son to make new friends and the entertainment staff are fantastic, very hard working and friendly.The evening shows are well worth going to watch as the staff put on a different show every night and get the audience involved. Don't let the transferre time of 2hrs from the airport put you off going as you'll be missing out on a great holiday. We will definatley go back for another hoiday to this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of August 2011

Reviewed Thu 25th of August 2011

"We have recently returned from the Hotel Tonga, overall it was a nice hotel. We found the food to be nice although same everyday got a bit much. The pool was always packed out and you had to be out with your towel by 7am to stand a chance of getting a sunbed bit of a pain so we spent most days at the beach. Entertainment below average I would say, kids disco only on for 30mins at 8.30pm. Only able to get 2 drinks at a time which was a bit fustrating when travelling with a young family. Most of the staff were friendly and very clean. We wouldnt stay here again but I suppose for it being in the school holidays and for £2000 for 4 people for 10 nights wasnt too bad. Can Picafort Palace next door is lovely!!"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of August 2011

great for families

Reviewed Fri 30th of September 2011

"just back from 10 days at hotel tonga , would definately go back , food was lovely , something for everyone , rooms were spacious and clean , entertainment was brilliant always something for myself and my husband and also my 9 year old and 15 year old , the entertainment team really work hard , would definately recommend this hotel ."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of August 2011

the best holiday ever!

Reviewed Fri 5th of August 2011

"Club tonga was easily the best hotel i've ever stayed in! It's fun for all the family!
the food was delicious, the rooms were very very clean, the outside area was lovely! the best part of the holiday was the entertainment team, they we're absolutely amazing, day in day out! and they were very welcoming too! its a lovely place for children to go, and the pools we're a perfect size... and heat! the weather was lovely too.
The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the beach, which is very nice and its close to laods of shops not forgetting the 2 just outside the hotel
all in all i thought this hotel was amazing and i would love to go again, infact i'm going to look at booking now!

• Travel date: Thu 4th of August 2011

Fantastic - ignore the negative reviews

Reviewed Thu 28th of July 2011

"Single mum with 2 kids 16 and 11 years old, very apprehensive about going after reading the negative reviews but loved it.

Transfer from airport took 2 1/2 hours (not the hotels fault)
Checking in at the hotel - less than 2 minutes and receptionist was very friendly and informative.
Room - On 9th floor, very clean and spacious with 3 single beds, wardrobe and dressing table, large bathroom and balcony. Room was cleaned every day and we were given fresh towels daily, bedding changed weekly.
Lifts - 4 of them were a bit slow but never waited long for them and usually walked down.
Food - was lovely and fresh and plenty of it, my youngest is a bit fussy but she always ate something. During the day we never had lunch in the restuarant as the food at the snack bar was nice, they served toasties, hotdogs, burgers, chips and salad. We always went in for evening meal at 6.30pm (restaurant just opened) it was quiet at this time, can imagine it would get a bit hectic but didnt experience it.
Bar - only 2 drinks in plastic cups, dont know what everyone moans about, the measures were good and didnt stand in a queue for any longer than 2 minutes (less time than a queue at club at home at the weekend), bar staff work hard and can be a bit glum looking but if you are nice to them they are nice to you (some ignorant people at the hotel). I got my band changed so i could get 3 drinks, which saved me going to the bar with one of the kids, I had no problems changing it and larger groups done the same.
Animation team - were fab and worked soooo hard, kids club from 10am til 12 noon and then 3pm til 5pm, my daughter loved it, she done t-shirt painting, pony trekking, games, swimming, face painting to name a few things, also during the day the animation team organised things for the adults, ie pistol shooting, archery etc and always got you involved. At night the entertainment started at 8.30pm with the kids mini disco, 9.30pm for bingo then 10pm for the nightly show.
People go down and put towels on the sunbeds and usually about 8.30am you wont get one round the pool but there are plenty on the grassed areas surrounding the pool, the pool area is cleaned every day and can get slippy with kids jumping in and out the water.

The beach is a 10 minute slow walk, leave the hotel to the main road turn right, cross main road at the crossing and first left and walk straight down the hill, lots of shops, pubs and restaurants on the beach front.
If you are going out for the day ask the reception for a picnic the day before, we got 6 packs of sandwiches, fruit and cakes for the 3 of us, it was lovely.
Large supermaket 5 minutes from the hotel, again go to main road and turn right and walk along past the petrol station and the supermarket is just past it.

Overall we had a fantastic time, definately go back and looking to book up for next year already.

Dont let the negative reviews put you off."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of July 2011

It was OK but wouldn't go back

Reviewed Sat 24th of September 2011

"Just back from 1 week at the Club Tonga and would probobly reccomend this hotel for couples with young children. Food was ok some nights better than others.My main complaint of this hotel was the lifts the hotel had 14 floors and only 4 small lifts. We were on the 10th floor and had to quite often wait quite a long time for the lifts which were always full,sometimes we would give up and walk down the stairs.The other thing which really annoyed me was no umbrellas for the sunbeds at the pool which I have never experienced before at a hotel abroad. If you wanted a sunbed you had to get up VERY early as there was towels on all the beds at about 7:30. The one good thing was the entertainment staff who were excellent."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of July 2011

was just okay

Reviewed Tue 26th of July 2011

"im just home from a week in club tonga with my 9 year old son,must say 1st that it is at least 2 hours from the airport to the hotel which i didnt kno about an was way 2 long for me never mind my son,the hotel was very clean an my room was cleaned every day,cannot fault the food ther was plenty of choice and it was good.the staff at reception would need to be a bit more friendly found them very cheeky at times,one point that really got to me was they decided to go in 2 our room when we wer at the pool an paint some of our walls the smell afterward was terrible for the next few days,which i didnt think they should of done an when we reported it we wer made feel we wer being fussy.there is no air condidton in the rooms just a ceiling fan so we had 2 sleep with the patio doors open,but must say can picafort is a stunning place an would say to go ther but def not to club tonga hotel"

• Travel date: Sat 16th of July 2011

Won't go back

Reviewed Wed 20th of July 2011

"Just got back from my holiday with my husband and two children and we stayed at the Club Tonga. First of all, we had to sit on the transfer bus at the airport for 3 and a half hours - which was a nightmare. Club Tonga appears to be the last drop off point. Got to the hotel which was very very busy. We had lots of hand luggage, suitcases etc and could not believe that there were only 4 lifts which and a huge queue at each of them! It took us nearly an hour to get to our room. Got to the room and it was "tiny". There were 4 beds squashed into a tiny room. Nowhere at all to put your suitcases! We had to store them all on top of one of the beds. No fridge, kitchen etc. The bathroom had no bath - only a shower. We were on the 7th floor which was not too bad considering there are 14 floors. We had to walk up and down with a buggy most of the time as the lifts were just too busy. Anyway, apart from all that - the food was lovely, the rooms very clean and lots and lots of entertainment for the kids. We stayed for 10 days and did not get a sunbed once! We had to make do with table and chairs for the whole of our stay! I would not go back to this hotel although there were good points about the hotel as well as bad. Met lots of nice people as well. "

• Travel date: Tue 12th of July 2011

gorgeous location, horrible hotel

Reviewed Wed 21st of September 2011

"Well what can i say ? hmmm as we have been to mallora before we knew it was a gorgeous place to have a holiday but i wish i had read the reviews before booking this hotel. We booked in january so it was not a last min booking or anything and in total for 4 of us including spending money it cost us about 3 grand. Alot of this money was spent eating out because the food was so horrid, its ok if u can live off pasta, chips, salad n weird different meats that are mostly fat but not ok if u have a dodgy tummy like me and like to know what u are eating, and my hubby and 2 children who have perfect tummys also found the food hard to stomach, eeewww it was honestly horrid ! The waiters were rude, ignorant and only spoke to tell us we couldnt sit at at certain tables, they didnt clear dirty plates away til after the full meal so the tables were overflowing. Now im not a snob and i didnt expect 5 star treatment but i honastly felt like we were staying in the slums. The room were ok and clean but the balcony felt wobbly so i couldnt let my children there unattended. The pools were freezing, although the surrounding areas were kept clean and there wereb always plenty of sunloungers to go around ( prob because people went to the beach instead of stayin in this awful place) There were wasps everywhere around the pools and i managed to get stung on my boob , not impressed and a poor little boy aged around 3 stood on one and it stung his foot. The reception staff were ignorant, the entertainment staff were nice but it was poor entertainment and it was hard to find seats at night time. All in all it the hotel spoilt our holiday, mallorca is a stunning place to visit but dont stay here ;)"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of June 2011

It was pleasant

Reviewed Mon 13th of June 2011

"Me and my partner stayed at club tonga for 10 days got back the other day. and it was nice we stayed on the 11th floor, the room was nice plain simple, but the view was spectacular we had the view of the sea and the mountains, the weather was on and off which maid it a pain, the entertainment was really good, so much for the kids to do and the mini disco every night, but throughout the day the entertainers had something planned throughout the day like volleyball, riffle shooting horse riding, kids facepainting etc, the bar was good but was disappointed with the size of the cup it was a small plasic beaker, but they were very generous with the alcohol :-). the pools were good but cold, and always a spare deck chair, the food in the evenings was pleaseant very good choice of food every night, i found it to be gay friendly as well which made me and my partner relax abit more, so in overall we really enjoyed it, and would recommend it."

• Travel date: Fri 10th of June 2011

good value

Reviewed Thu 16th of June 2011

"excellent value for money. clea food brilliant close to shops and beach. would definetly return and tell friends"

• Travel date: Fri 10th of June 2011

Good Value for Money

Reviewed Thu 9th of June 2011

"Just returned from a weeks holiday at this hotel (06.06.11). The hotel was fine although it could do with a little bit of a upgrade but it was not too bad. Our room was located on the first floor which was good because this hotel has 14 floors and some people did moan about he lifts being hard to get hold of but this did not effect us. Our room was quite basic. It had one medium sized room for all 4 of us (this is classed as a family room) so space was very limited and it had a shower room which also had a sink and toilet. We had fresh towels every day. The bedding must only get changed every week. The room also had air con and a large fan on the light fitting. The small balcony had a table and chairs. The Weather when we went was horrible to say the least but that's not the hotel's fault but the last day was fine, dry and hot and therefore there was plenty of sun loungers to be had. The pools are nice but extremely cold and my boy could only last 10 mins max playing before he came out with blue lips. Please note that the pool/outside area floor is extremely slippy and my little girl slipped twice and grazed the top of her leg... therefore pool shoes are advisable. The food in hotel was fine. There was quite a lot of choices of Roast pork, beef, turkey,chicken, pork steaks,chick legs,fish, paella, chips, pasta and loads of salad... they did change every evening and breakfast was okay too. They did snacks too thoughout the day of pizza,chips,hotdogs, and cheese & ham toasties and hot chicken/pork sandwiches. However, drinks were a little bit of a pain because you were only allowed to get 2 drinks per person (and these were childs party cup size) which i found bad because if i wanted to get myself, my husband and the kids a drink i had to take one other member of my family to the bar with me and with them being only small cups you had to go more often. Entertainment in the evening was the entertainment staff which did the mini clubs and activities through out the day. This was fair and reasonable. All in all i would say this is a fair priced holiday hotel and good for families and i would probably go again..."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of June 2011