Tonga Tower Design Hotel & Suites

Ctra Alcudia-Arta Km 22, 07458 Ca'n Picafort, Majorca Spain

Good

Fabulous

"Arrived at Hotel about mid day, July 18th 2006. I was on holiday with my mum, and my two teenage children. We were welcomed when we first arrived by friendly reception staff, we had a family room which was extremely spacious, on the 10th floor, we had fantastic views of both sea and country side. There was lots of activities to do all day long, for all ages. The animation team did a fabulous job and deserve a huge pay rise!!! The Hotel itself was situated in a good area, within walking distance to the many shops and bars and the lovely beach. We will definately be going back there but next time for 2 weeks and not just one!!"

• Travel date: Sat 5th of August 2006

cheap and nasty !!!!!!!!!!!

"on arrival we booked 2 rooms and got only one to which we ended up on the 7th floor.the lifts were far too small and very long waits.the staff were ignorant, not helpful.long queues for everything , the food wasnt of a very high standard.only praise was the entertainment staff they work hard and made our holiday .would not recommend this hotel.we came as a family 4 adults and 3 kids and they could not get a snack or ice cream after 5pm, what a joke!"

• Travel date: Tue 11th of July 2006

loved it

"I thought the hotel was great, good value for money, lovely food. we all had a great weeks holiday including my baby nephew. The rooms were not huge but they were clean and big enough, it was also nice to have a balcony to sit out on at nite times with great views in the day!! We loved it so much we are going back again in a weeks time!! Cant wait!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 24th of June 2006

total rubish

"this hotel is a 2star self catering trying to be a 3 star all inclusive.and failed.
the staff are bad manered.abruped just not intrested in anything.
the rooms are the size of a box room.some days the maids can be botherd other days not.
as for the food the less said about that the better.i thought i was on a diet.
me my wife and her mother preferd to eat out .( at least you know what you are eating )
we found 4 british pubs just down the road that were brilliant. first and formost.
ANNE & NEILS.good servis.plesant.plenty of talk.good pricess.all together spot. on thanks guys. ps.sombody take him some PG.TIPS.
williams bar.another good place to go. and the other 2 are next to williams bar.
as for the tonga.a compleat waste of money.will not go again ever.
PS.entertainment what a joke.if you love the sound of screeming kids 20hrs a day you will love this place."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of June 2006

Not Happy at all..............

"Hello fellow travellers.... Since returning from the Club Tonga Hotel today, I feel that i must take time to write a review of this place. This was our 4th time to Majorca, and i must say at this point OUR LAST! We have 3 young children ages 8, 6 and 4 who have loved this island untill we decided to stay at this hotel. We have always travelled on an AI basis, because of the cost of drinks/ice-creams for the children etc etc.... This hotel was recommended to us by our travel agent because they cater for large families in one room, and for the most this is true, we did have a large room (5) single beds on the 1st floor (this hotel has 14 floors) This is probably where the good bits end really........ I am going to list the bad points starting with the room. 1. NOISY at NIGHT (we were in room 124) RIGHT next to a generator or pump room, with a VERY noisy pump that kept switching on and off all day and night. 2. NO CLEAN BEDDING for 10NIGHTS!!! this we found disgusting. 3. We had to ASK at RECEPTION for TOILET ROLLS as the maid didnt replenish our supply. 4. ANTS! yes ANTS...... the room and balcony was infested with them, we complained to reception and was told to sprinkle talc on them!!!! (OUR TALC at that) 5. BLANKETS or the lack of them, Ok it was 90 deg most of the time we were there but my wife gets cold at night. Thats about it for the room..... OH BUT THERES MORE!

6. The lifts are VERY SMALL and theres only 1 that goes to floors 1 through 5, i just managed to get 2 cases and me in the lift.
7. The reception is designated a NON smoking area, but no-one seemed to enforce this, it was disgusting to walk out of the resteraunt straight into a cloud of smoke.
8. The restaurant is DIRTY all the time, the floor looked like a night club dance floor at 2am on a saturday night...... no-one to clean it may-be.....
9. If there are more than 4 of you expect to have to fight for a table, there are only 6 or 7 tables that will take more than 4 people.
10. The food is CRAP, my wife is a vegetarian....... there was NO vegetarian option apart from salad............ yup i know salad is ok, but when it comes to a plate of lettuce/cucumber/onion and bread rolls that you needed an industrial jack hammer to split in 1/2 it gets a bit much after the 1st few days....

I could go on........... and i will..............

How they can call it AI i dont know...... If your kids want an ice-cream after 5pm FORGET IT. Ice-creams only from 12-5pm. !!! Nothing to eat from 10am till 12pm when the snack bar opens, you can get chips / mixed salad / burgers / hot dogs and a pathetic excuse for a toasted sandwich....... Then when the snack bar closes at 5pm, nothing to eat then untill 6.30 when the resteraunt opens....... rest.. closes at 9pm and thats IT nothing then till the morning.

There are NO lifeguards round the pool, so if you've got young children then you will have to be hawk-eye...... The tiles are falling off the edge of the larger childrens pool, watch your feet on the bottom of the pool as they are really sharp!

There are sunloungers and chairs (you will need to wash them off 1st before you use them) but NO sun umbrellas! and a distinct lack of shade, which is a must with young children.

If you have been to the island before im sure you will have noticed the bad smell from thier drainage systems....... well pick very carefully where you sit round the pool as you will get a whiff of rotten drains in certain places.

And finally if you have been told that the beach is 150m away, its a lie! Its Down a hill, across a VERY BUSY road (4 lane including the 2 bus lanes) and then about a 20min walk with young children..... Once at the beach thats great, shallow water for about 100yds great for the kids to play and build sand castles etc etc...... and quite safe/clean.

If you've booked at this hotel and are reading this before going then im sorry to have maybe put a dampner on things for you, but i felt i had to write this.

And if you are going to majorca for the 1st time then here are a few reccomendations for things to do.......

Go and see the PIRATES SHOW in MAGALUFF its excellent and great value for money!
Go to one of the Water parks they are geat fun..... AQUA LAND (MAGALUF) AQUA LAND (ARENAL) and HIDRO PARK (ALCUDIA)
And also MARINELAND. they are some great days out......

Regards and Happy Hols..........."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of May 2006

A brilliant holiday would recomend to anyone!!!!!

"I last went to the tonga in 2001, which was the third time of staying at the hotel and yet again it was another fantastic holiday. We had two ajoining rooms which i can honestly say if you have teenagers is better than having the family rooms. The food was great and the animation team get better every year. I would recomend this hotel to anybody as its the best hotel i have ever been to."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of January 2006

A 3 * Hotel with a 4 * Attitude ! Fabulous!

"After having been to this hotel for two years running, I feel that I can honestly say it is superb! The rooms, although not huge, are certainly large enough, the food plentiful and loads of choice, the Animation Team second to none (jahl is a bit full of himself, but hey - rather him on the stage than me), great for children, loads to do with lovely play zones, great for the elderly as designed for wheelchairs/prams, quiet areas to sunbathe and should you wish noise, then there are areas too that are fun to be at. Great snack bar, variety, or full luncheon in the restaurant. The bar service is a bit slow, and the guys there a bit sullen which would be my only fault with the hotel, but make a friend there are you won't have a problem. Head waitor, Arturo, is fantastic, and really looks after you and remembers where you like to sit in the dining room, and is great with the children who love him. Beach is about 10 minutes slow walk away, lovely beach, clean and next to a long promenade which has restaurants and bars. This is not a "hurdy gerdy" kind of resort, if you want loud music, young adults drinking themselves senseless, then this is NOT the place - please keep away if that is what you have in mind as I hope to return again later this year for a "quickie" holiday with my son whilst my husband is off playing golf in Scotland! PS the transfer is about an hour maximum, not as long as advertised in brochure. Also, there is a shortage of lifts, so if you are on a high floor, ie over floor 5, you may have longer to wait as not all lifts go over floor 5, but this is not really a problem! You get what you pay for and this is certainly money well spent as you will most certainly enjoy your stay here if you are looking for a lovely family holiday, peace, good evening entertainment, plenty of good food, and a well stocked bar!"

• Travel date: Thu 19th of January 2006

The Animation Team made the holiday!

"I think some reviews of this place have been a bit harsh!
I went to Club Tonga Aug/Sept with my family... And although it wasn't the best All inclusive holiday I've been on I still think it was relatively good!
The Animation Team made up for downsides to the hotel.
Okay the lifts weren't great but luckily for us we were on the 3rd or 4th floor therefore not having to climb to many stairs, but the rooms were clean, food was a bit repetative, but had lots of choice and the bar staff were always friendly. The Animation Team worked their socks off to entertain and keep people occupied. If they weren't putting on a show, they were playing games with adults (or children with the mini club) and doing activities such as pistol shooting, football, tennis.
The only downsides for me personally... were the reception staff weren't as polite as they could've been and neither was the man at the snack bar...he was extremely miserable (but it might have been a language barrier), and the smell around the pools, especially the sloping pool with waterfall (which wasn't working). We kept getting a wiff off sewage every minute or so. It was disgusting.
I think C'an Picafort must have a problem with the drainage of the sewers. Could smell sewerage slightly as soon as we entered the resort.
Beach is lovely though. C'an Picafort is a bit far away for the trips to certain places...eg Waterparks, Golf Fantasia etc...which seem to situated in the Palma/Magaluf areas.
We really enjoyed it! And if it wasn't for the smell, would go again!"

• Travel date: Mon 21st of November 2005

Fantastic Entertainment - Excellent Hotel

"You have got to stop here soon!

I have been all inclusive before, but never before have I had such a good time that I did not want to leave the Hotel!

The entertainment staff are very hard working, not pushy, but provide all round family entertainment. Like a very good kids cartoon, they entertain at all levels, have fantastic costumes for their shows (Moulin Rouge, Saturday Night Fever, Blue Hawaii, Blues Brothers ...), and the same staff then provide pistol shooting, rifle shooting, archery, poolside games, basketball, football, tennis, volleyball, tabletennis, waterpolo, horse riding, pony riding, I just didn't have enough time!

Food was excellent with a wide choice each and every meal, but some meals were repeated. I however thought this was good as I myself had so much choice with the variety on offer each mealtime that some food I simply did not have room for.

Thank fully I went with out kids ... otherwise I would have had to have tried all the ice creams and jellies that they had to offer.

There was only one drawback to my holiday ... only booked for one week - didn't have enough time to do everything I wanted!

Must go back and explore the surroundings one day ...........

Charles Green
Leicester, England"

• Travel date: Fri 21st of October 2005

Making the best of it

"We have just arrived back from a week at Club Tonga, Our party was myself, daughter and two teenagers. We were on the 14th Floor, there were 3 lifts to accomodate floors 6 to 14 and 1 lift to accomodate floors 1 to 5 . It was a nightmare trying to get on the lifts as certain Nationalities did not know what a queue was

My bed was a folding bed pulled down from the wall, which I was not happy with. We complained on the day of arrival to Reception, the receptionist was rude and her attitude was I had no right to complain. Imagine sleeping in a bed with a shelf running the full length above your head, I bumped my head a few times. Rooms were hot and stuffy as the fan was not adequate. Only 1 socket in bedroom which was not easily accessable

The garden and pool areas were OK, the food was plentifull but very repetitive. The entertainers were kept very busy and great with the children although again repetitive. The beach was lovely but to get to it you have to cross a very busy road. We would not go to this Hotel again but we loved C'An Pickafort."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of August 2005

Enjoyed my holiday but .......

"Just back from holiday at the Hotel Tonga. What can I say? The hotel was clean and rooms basic. Pool area could have done with more beds other than the numerous chairs and tables. Restaurant staff and bar staff were mostly not friendly but the maids on the other hand were and they did a magnificent job of keeping the rooms clean. Drinks served in plastic cups all day is not enjoyable particularly if it's meant to be a cocktail drink. The food was mediocre, cold by the time you sat down, not much of a choice and all cuts of meat were cheap either very fatty or full of bones. The crunch for me came when I discovered boiled eggs in recycled veg soup. Gave me the jaundice and completely put me off eating at the restaurant. Also the restaurant is unable to accommodate the amount of guests if they all decide to go at the same time as happened one rainy day. Location was good and beach not to far. Busy but clean. On the whole I would go back to Can Pica Fort but not Club Hotel Tonga. 6/10."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of September 2013

Clean, friendly, brilliant holiday

"Hotel was basic but spotless, thoroughly cleaned several times throughout the day, staff were very knowledgeable and helpful, food was very good, well presented and a big selection at every meal time to suit all tastes. 3 pools ensured there was plenty of room for everyone, good location, so we walked to the beach, shops, bars etc., we went on open top sight seeing bus , a boat trip, went to local markets, had a horse and cart ride and took a taxi!!! Only faults were there are only 4 lifts, so you may have to wait a bit.....or take the stairs!! And twice at peek times the hot water was only luke warm rather than hot, but on the whole a thoroughly enjoyable week, and would definitely go back, and definitely recommend to others. "

• Travel date: Sun 19th of August 2012

Hotels near Tonga Tower Design Hotel & Suites

Stayed at Tonga Tower Design Hotel & Suites? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Tonga Tower Design Hotel & Suites

• natsta07 by natsta07

"boat trip was great we did the day long one. the jamaican cocktail bar was fun. "

• Jazzymatazzy by Jazzymatazzy

"Enjoy and have a great time. There is lots to do "

• Jazzymatazzy by Jazzymatazzy

"Everything around is just beautiful "

• debulucious by debulucious

"marineland is the place to go. inca market and also the aqua park. "

• yvocol by yvocol

"lovely place, great beaches. Dont miss the market. "

• yvocol by yvocol

"The London Pub great service, good menu "

• a&m + 2 by a&m + 2

"Ann & Neils bar for good fun eve quiz. Warm welcome. "

• joekincaid by joekincaid

"lovely beach,life guards on duty "

• Lind1 by Lind1

"Great for a relaxing break "

• Lind1 by Lind1

"Head for the beach bars - some lovely hidden gems there for an eve out to eat for a break "

• titrwm by titrwm

"C'an Picafort pleasant but nothing special- not much character but great beach "

• nepalabi by nepalabi

"Excellent resort with very good beach "

• elliekacey by elliekacey

"loved trotters on the beach fantastic bar and staff and do great food "

• jojo68 by jojo68

"williams bar great food "

• cuffy by cuffy

"its a very nice place and loads to see and do "

• cuffy by cuffy

"nice beach very clean "

• marko2002 by marko2002

"Cafe Brazillia for a quiet night on the main drag and Trotters on the beach during the day! "

• by

"GO TO A 4* OR SOMEWHERE ELSE ! NOT CLUB TONGA ! Beach is lovely though and the market is good. "

• by

"Beach and Monaco restaurant - locally. Entertainment staff are good and thats all thats good "

• chelseaboy85 by chelseaboy85

"Blue bar along the promenade was nice, also the Cocktails in the Jamaican bar were something special "

Tonga Tower Design Hotel & Suites is also called