The Apartment at the Club Cala Romani

Fawlty Towers

Reviewed 15th November 2016

"I will give an honest opinion of our stay , my partner and i booked this for a week a nice short break , think again we landed at 11,30 pm got to the hotel 2 ,45 transfer 3,1/4 hrs.given our key at desk with little info finally got to the room opened the door faced with 2 more doors looked at the key it had B in it in biro but no A or B on the doors 1st door no good opened second to the smallest room we have ever had in a hotel 2 beds only one bedside table,no waste basket,no fridge,no TV,no hair dryer,no kettle,only one chair to sit on ,no AC we were told it had AC no blankets on closet it was October and thought we might need some luckely it was warm at night the only way to cool the room was a ceiling fan from the 80s which was to noisy to use and as much use as a chocolate tea pot, breakfast was not very good everything swimming in grease and hordes of children running around the tables not very good when people are carrying hot plates and drinks to there table it was like a kiddies playground the pool area was large with plenty of sun beds but no mattres so very hard to lie on that is if you can find one which is not broken 3 pool tables in the bar area but i think they belonged to the kids never seen an adult on them the lunch and dinner menus where just the same pasta, chips tough pork or some sort of fish everytime we ended up going out to get a decent meal and some peace from screaming kids day and nite .the night entertainment for grown ups Karaoke always turned into children trying to sing ruining a nights entertainment and the theatre by the pool again taken over by the little people still running around at 11.00 pm not good, the staff were not friendly and quite surly at times I know it is a family hotel but this is taking it to far . if you are a couple holidaying with no kids this is not the place for you unless you enjoy screaming kids 24/7"

• Travel date: 23rd October 2016

8 pleasant days holiday

Reviewed 26th September 2016

"Very friendly well kept 3 Star Hotel with a lovely short stroll to the shops & Beach our only gripe is the 2hr 40 minute transfer other than that the food was well presented with plenty of choice to suit all palates. "

• Travel date: 23rd September 2016

Awful and maid stole off us!

Reviewed 7th September 2016

"Avoid!!!! We paid a lot of money for a lot of nothing, got to the hotel and checked in, went to rooms to find out we only had 5 beds when there was 6 of us, so had to squeeze a camp bed into the already very small room. Rooms are very basic, noisy ceiling fan, noisy balcony door, lights don't work, sockets are loose on the wall. Food is bland and tasteless, staff are rude and very sharp with you. Pools are clean which was a bonus but you have to fight for sun beds which are very uncomfortable. Lifeguards are too busy talking to the Spanish guests and chatting up the women. We had to help a child that fell in the pool cause he was nowhere to be seen. There are only ever 2 life guards on and they were useless. A child nearly died when we was there thank god for the lady that did CPR on her and saved her life cause the staff were useless. Rooms are not cleaned very good had the same bedding for 2 weeks, floors are not cleaned everyday. Packed on our last night and left my designer sunglasses in my sons bag ready for the airport, we went out for the night and was up early the following day to get our transfer to airport, when I looked in his bag to get my glasses out they had gone along with his sunglasses as well!!! I was disgusted that this had happened, didn't have time to complain because I was at the airport to go home. I was so pleased that I had kept our phones, iPod and PS vita locked up in the safe before we went home otherwise they would have gone too! I will not be returning, what an awful place! Thank goodness for the local bars and restaurants outside the hotel!!! "

• Travel date: 25th August 2016

Reviewed 15th July 2016

"On arrival our check in was very slow and no information available about facilities, meal times etc from the receptionists. The room was really basic and dated and our towels were dirty and the bathroom floor was sticky. No air con just a small noisy fan, although the holiday company we booked through assured us of air con. The food was like a school canteen meal, the bar was surrounded by wasps and the bartenders were incredibly rude. Our wrist bands broke and we were refused a replacement so this made it difficult to get food, drinks and use the basic facilities. In the week we stayed none of our bedding was changed. All in all not a great experience. Would not recommend"

• Travel date: 15th July 2016

Fab place!!!

Reviewed 9th June 2016

"Thoroughly enjoyed our recent week at this hotel. We didn't have our children with us at the time but even though the facilities are excellent for children and we went in half term wk so there were lots of families here it definitely didn't spoil our holiday!! The rooms were very adequate, spotlessly clean, clean towels and room cleaned daily. We had a room on the 3rd floor with a fab view of the lovely 3pools. Yes people put towels on beds early but there are plenty of beds to go around so you wouldn't be without a sunbed if you fancied a lie in. Food was very plentiful and even the fussiest of eaters would be able to find something to eat every day. There have been a few negative comments about this hotel but I find them quite unfounded. Staff are very helpful and friendly, beach is close and absolutely stunning!!! I will definitely be going back to this hotel within the next year"

• Travel date: 8th June 2016

Please think twice this place is awful!!!!

Reviewed 8th September 2015

"Where do I start this place is DISGUSTING, we book so we could go on holiday with family and friends the only good thing is that we were together. food was disgusting went to restaurant twice to try and then ate out all week(so if you have children this ends up being very expensive) when you have booked all inclusive. Rooms are something from a 70s sitcom but nothing funny about this place. Rooms small very old fashioned no kettle no fridge and no air conditioning so Nights very hot and humid. My niece booked 2 rooms when we arrived she was not down on sheet she has a large family so wanted rooms together so they put her on ground floor and the other room was on 2nd floor, they ended up all staying in one room on the first night. I had to use the other room when they finally got new room but again it was a long distance from her room so I stayed with children, staff so unhelpful and some are even rude. This is classed as 3 star I don't think it deserves 1 star. Who ever runs this place should be ashamed of themselves they rip you off with having to hire kettle, fans etc all 18 euros and the same for safe and please read small print as you don't get your money back. Nearly everyone we spoke to were extremely disappointed. Only 2 drinks per person at any time which means you all have to go to the bar in groups which causes long queues. Restaurant awful even the fruit is bad and we are talking about Spain most of the fruit you would have thrown away in your own home. Nice beach near by and bars and restaurants just down the road thank goodness. Cleanliness not good at all communal areas disgusting and dangerous due to wet floors etc. please think twice about booking this place, there is a saying you get what you pay for but this place is well below standards."

• Travel date: 31st August 2015

Second visit, and booked again.

Reviewed 18th February 2015

"We stayed here 3 years ago looking for somewhere clean, with nice food and suitable for our children. The Cala Romani ticked the boxes whilst being acceptable cost wise as the wife can only have term time off. The hotel is huge, the rooms are spacious and clean and the food is great id rate it 9/10 and I'm fussy. They have the traditional restaurant as well as a pizzeria. Foods is replenished quickly, very efficient chefs on theme days and a huge selection of different foods. The pool area is lovely, perfect for children and adults too. The staff are great, bar staff friendly and quick. There is a snack bar open all day too, fresh fruit hams/cheese bread etc. small shop on site stocks every day essentials(the essential Cheetos) newspapers pool equipment etc. the hotel provide a huge slide daily for the children and of an evening there are trampolines, bouncy castles etc(small charge). Five minute walk to beach area, which is lovely. Hotel also has a park area and tennis courts, daily kids club with games etc and one for adults. Five min walk to local shops(plenty of them) and a bus stop should you want to venture afar. Evening entertainment is more aimed at children, but if they are happy then us adults are too right? We switch between Cyprus Portugal Spain and are returning again this august for two weeks. The only negative id put is the transfer time from airport, around 2.5 hours, a private taxi would be 45 min."

• Travel date: 18th February 2015

The good and the bad

Reviewed 28th October 2014

"Right ,here goes Good Flight...excellent. easy to find coach transfer but had to wait an hour for another flight to come in. Coach transfer was over 90 minutes as we were last ones off the bus with lots of drop offs in Cala dor. On arrival the reception was first rate and very easy as our room was ready. The room. basic but that is what we expected. In Oct the ceiling fan more than sufficed. the view from the balcony was stunning so if you can get room 437/438 etc you will enjoy it. The pools ....cold but lovely. Easy access and not too crowded.Lots of kids but hey,that made it lively. The walk to the beach...easy and well worth it. A small beach but we had some big waves and once I had waded through the shredded seaweed they were great fun. There is also a lovely walk along a pathway with great views out to sea and this brings you back into the commercial center where we enjoyed iced coffees and browsing the many souvenir shops. The average Bar staff...did not really take to them....nothing major but just felt some of the blokes were a tad miserable at times. The all inclusive drinks are all from machines inc the cocktails and the beers are small . All drinks come in plastic cups. The food. As we expected and had no real problems with it as we went in knowing it would be basic. Lots of choice but salad bar very repetitive and puddings forgettable. Occasionally something different appeared ( prawns!) and as my wife is a big meat eater ( ANY meat )she had lots to choose from. I am a bit more fussy so had pasta and pizza. Snacks during the day were most disappointing. I expected tea and cakes not cheese and bread rolls. The Bad Entertainment.....well not actually bad but not our cup,of tea.We went to the bar on ground floor for coffee after our meal and took part in a quiz, bingo and what was billed as karaoke but no-one wanted to sing...all of these were , shall we say, a little different. We then went down to the main show area to watch the reps do shows...we left early every night ?? My biggest gripe was smoking. There were no restrictions and there were so many people smoking around the pool . We had to move positions three times to avoid inhaling their fumes. The hotel should look at providing a non smoking area or better still make the smokers go somewhere private away from all the children. So in conclusion. We booked a very cheap holiday and just wanted an easy 5 days . This hotel more than satisfied that requirement. It was clean, busy but well organized. Not noisy in our block. It had a good location, a large dining room , 3 pools, and although I would class lots of it as basic provided you are ready for this then you will have no problem . Don't expect anything expensive or upmarket as that is not what you have paid for. We would return. "

• Travel date: 26th October 2014

Poor hotel

Reviewed 29th July 2014

"Hotel can get very hot and humid, badly in need of air conditioning rooms need updating feel very disappointed would not go back there. Very poor,"

• Travel date: 28th July 2014

Just arrived back

Reviewed 7th July 2014

"Hotel was clean, rooms are clean but was a bit shocked as there is no tea facilities. 15 euros for a kettle. Entertainment was very very poor, swimming pool was clean. 3 pool tables by the bar and 1 more at other end of resort which cost 1 euro per game. Air hockey table also cost 1 euro per game, table tennis was free but constantly in use. No basket ball area as described, 2 tennis courts, but be careful at certain times during the day these get booked out. Kids got very very bored as like I said entertainment is poor and lack of facilities. Food is very basic with a limited choice. We ended up finding a English cafe at shopping area to eat proper breakfast ( this cost 30 euros per morning ). For an all inclusive holiday it seemed like it was constant pat out on resort, for pool and other silly little amusements for kids as they got fed up of swimming. This was our first time on this resort after being recommended but found it very disappointing. As a family we will certainly not be going back there, and would just like to tell others if you are thinking of going there take plenty of euros and don't expect constant entertainment ( kids of certain age will get very bored ). Internet cost 2 euros for 10 minutes. It's all one big pay out holiday, and not an exciting one."

• Travel date: 5th July 2014

just back from cala romani

Reviewed 15th May 2014

"Okay here goes, This is my 8th time at Cala Romani, I'm just back from a 4 night break with mums I have met there through the years, I decided to try Cala as it was just opening as mostly I go with my family as its about to close.. well what can I say....amazing. this hotel never ceases to amaze me, I have noticed all the improvements made to the hotel and also noticed the hotel are taking on board all suggestions made by holiday makers,I know they cant do them all at once but at least they are doing something. general areas of the hotel, there's are 3 large beach style pools one of the life guards there is David hes with another lifeguard but don't know his name,there 2 squash courts,2 tennis courts,a football/volley ball pitch, they also have a swing park for the kids and the most recent change is the have made a giant sand pit. this gets hosed down every night. general areas are cleaned regularly, I would say please keep putting cups in the bins as wasps can be annoying, my ex brother in law got stung on the bum (ha ha). Okay, first of all we booked the speedy shuttle which is cheap and only picked up one other couple, so our transfer time was just under 50 minutes , but please note that speedy shuttle say that maximum pick ups are 4. we only had 1 due to low season. second the reception is nice Danny and Eloise are especially helpful always served us with a smile,check in has always been smooth and glitch free,they both made sure we knew where to go and gave us a booklet with loads of information about the hotel if we were unsure,I know Ive been already lol but its nice that they don't assume we know where anything is as things change. third, the rooms are still basic there are ceiling fans and all rooms have their own balcony. rooms are spotless, our maid (Candy) was lovely she gave me clean towels every day and the bed sheets are changed once a week.I I did ask Candy for a blanket as it was a bit colder through the night and she gave me one there and then.I found her very approachable and she was eager to make sure my stay was comfortable. fourth, food/resturant food is plentiful with a vast selection, ok not everyone will be happy with whats on offer but im happy and my family are happy, they have great choices especially when the carvery is on just delightfull.they have pizza and a choice of 3 meat courses and all you can eat too.theres also a massive choice of salad one choice of soup. the puddings vary from angel delight,cake,jelly,trifle,cream caramel, the list goes on.when the restuarnat is closed the snack bar is open.these consist of cold meats and bread +rolls etc. I have made a request to bring back chips but wait and see if they do bring them back. fith bar staff. I find bar staff to be very kind, they give my children lollipops lol. Tony,Juan,Milo and Carmelo I think thats his name are just so funny. they just made our night even more special.drinks are two each time you go to the bar.well ive only got two hands lol. they have slushes and soft drinks for kids and ice creams whenever you want them.I really cant fault the bar staff they work really hard easpecially when its busy. last but not least entertainment, as you all know weve been going here a while now so the entertainment staff have introuduced new ideas to the day to day activities such as hockey, salsa dancing, pistol shooting,club dancing. I cant remember them all but I welcome the change.ive never had so much fun with all these guys Abrihim, Lennie,Bepin aka (cucumber) ha ha and Mia what a lovely person.they work with the adults and the girls who I just adore Araceli and Danielle Mia they a brilliant work with the children, they are just so kind and caring you can tell they are just so genuine, I wanted to take them home with me but wasnt allowed. ok ill stop rabbiting on now. but most importantly what I wanted to say is all in all for this hotel,not only do the staff make a special effort for my children they also make a special effort for me, in this hotel I feel safe, I feel welcome and im well looked after. I have made and met some amazing friends/people. it just makes me want to come back year after year after year"

• Travel date: 15th May 2014

Fab hoilday

Reviewed 18th November 2013

"I wet here on the 24th of September 2013 to the 1 st of October 2013 ok i will ow tell you what is is like Pool is great you have 4 pools there 1 one in the park 1 is a small pool one is a magnum pool and the last pool is the big pool they are kept very well clean and you may play games in The pool any body can go in the pool they are free to go in at any time of day ( when it is dark) 10-9 Rooms are kept very well clean they may not be that big but they have every thing that you will need for you 7 days holiday when you open the first door you will see two rooms but one will be room A and one will be room B and one part of your family will have a or b then when you be shocked it will have a double bed then there is a curtains hiding in there is a nice balcony 10-10 Entertainment. There is plenty entertainment of though your day there is money in the pool for the little ones tennis there is all so a kids club you draw paint make things and you can play giant connect 4 with your club and at night there is the club Cala Romani club where there food place is also the bar .next there is go carts just ask the man and he will give tokens.in the night club there is over 50 seats and there is an other bar just as you come in. you can dance on the dance floor 10/10 Food: the food I sent the best but you can help you self to any thing you like as you come out the door on the way to the pool go down the ramp and next to the shop there is a big place where you can get something to eat.5/10 Staff was very kind to everyone and the people will come in to your room every day an put new sheets on you be and clean up for you 1010. Would stay here again, bye for now. "

• Travel date: 16th November 2013
  • ...

Hotels near Club Cala Romani

Top traveller tips for Club Cala Romani

• by danboy

"ask for apartment not twin room"

• by Denise H

"go out of main season"

• by delboy37

"my tip would be DO NOT GO"

• by Tres B

"Buy a lilo as the loungers need them for comfort :)"

• by Kelly C

"Don't book to go there in the first place!"

• by Fiona E

"So not book through Super Escapes, they are a complete rip off and when I tried to complain to them they kept cutting us off."

• by Baz K

"Book a taxi from airport if you don't like coach journeys"

• by Ian W

"Just accept it as it is"

• by hwiseman

"If you have toddlers remember your pushchair, it's a big hotel!"

• by EnjoyYourself, it's later than you think

"Be prepared for a lower rated hotel as this is not the best of 3 star. "

• by Sun Kissed Babe

"Request a pool view its hot but its worth it for the view and try to take a fan yourself for beside the bed"

• by hol2011

"Get involved in the activities - archery/football etc"

• by Badders

"Look for a good dicount deal and go - you'll have a great time"

• by valli

"go with the flow its great"

• by JAM

"Great for Families with young/teen kids"

• by Tyler

"Fantastic AI for people of all ages"

• by Matt of Kent

"More of a quite couples/young family place"

• by ubertank

"Make sure you read reviews and know what to expect for your money"

• by Hi

"Excellent family holiday, value for money"

• by vmelleh

"that they have to try this place! "

Club Cala Romani is also called

• hotel cala romani
  • cala romani
  • club cala romani hotel