About Hoposa Niu Hotel

• fishing amenities
  • spanish amenities
  • desk
  • complimentary toiletries
  • free public parking nearby
  • golf course
  • horseback riding amenities
  • canoeing amenities
  • snorkeling amenities
  • diving
  • rooftop pool
  • windsurfing amenities

Good

Loved it, relaxing, great views, intimate hotel

Reviewed Sat 19th of January 2013

"We loved our stay in this hotel so much that we booked another night! Even though it is owned by the Hoposa group, It is great if you dont like big chain hotels and want a more intimate stay! It is hidden away in Cala San Vincente down on the beach. (you have to park the car at the top and walk down the steps to reach the hotel.) We hired a car from Palma airport and it took around 40 mins to reach the hotel. You have to follow signs for Pollensca and then you see a sign for Cala San Vincente. This is a lovely peaceful location, although the Don Pedro is next door it wasnt noisy at night. The hotel restaurant is lovely as it overlooks the beach, although we did have some problems with the waiters maners! We ventured around Cala San Vincente, there isnt much about, the odd beach shop. But we found the restaurant in the hotel to do the best food! and the breakfast was nice also, fruit, pasteries, cold meats, eggs, bacon etc. There is no pool in this hotel but you have the beach on your door step! The rooms were nice, ask for a sea view, its worth it. Port Pollensca is 5 ish mins drive away if you wanted somewhere more buzzy and a big choice of restautants and a walk along the port. I would stay in this hotel again for a peaceful few days with my boyfriend! I hope this place is kept secret!"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2008

So special!

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Tucked away at the head of a beach and looking out onto a bay guarded by mountains, this outstanding location has the hotel, great restaurants and bars and a sandy beach. Spotlessly clean and such friendly, helpful staff, this hotel will make you want to make a visit an annual necessity to recharge the batteries. Air con rooms, mini bar and powerful showers are added bonuses."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of May 2008

Wonderful view

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"Excellent views were what we were after and that is what we got.! The room was simple and comfortable. Breakfast was included. The staff was nice and friendly. Great location without all the crowds. There is a beach right out front with some great snorkeling. Do recommend renting a car if you plan on leaving this small beach town. We did a couple of day trips and truly enjoyed the island but always were happy to return to our little piece of paradise at Hotel Niu."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of December 2007

Small, friendly, beautiful views

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"I have stayed at Hotel Niu on three occasions over the last 10 years, twice with my children and once with a friend. I have always found the staff very warm and friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable and the food delicious, whether served in the pricey hotel restaurant or from one of the two cheaper eateries on site. But the real attraction for me is the location, right on the beach (no sand but what the heck) with a view of the mountains. Its beautiful. It is hard to find but that means the only day trippers that flock to the beach are the locals. Probably not the place to stay unless you are willing to hire a car. Tranquil Pollensa old town is ten minutes drive away, the more lively resorts of Porta Pollensa and Alcudia are within twenty minutes drive. Palma is an hour in the car. If all you want from a holiday is to sit and relax with a good book in a nice location, with a little gentle shopping, sightseeing and some good food, Hotel Niu delivers the goods. Ask for a balcony room at the front (sometimes noisy but worth it for the view) or if you really want to escape the apartments on the hill come with their own terrace and family of goats."

• Travel date: Fri 31st of August 2007

Hated it

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"The hotel was very difficult to find with no signposts. Down a steep hill with no parking except to unload. Take your chances with parking on the public streets.

The bed and room furniture were uncomfortable. The doors were warped and could only be closed with slamming. The wardrobe doors did not slide properly on their runners.

The shower was pathetic with no adjusment and its trickle of hot water had a mind of its own stopping and starting random. The shower head was mouldy and water could not run through all the holes. The water to the handbasin was very salty to the taste.

The shutters to the balcony could not be closed and on first opening the french doors I discovered a cockroach. Thank goodness my wife was not there to see it.

My wife tells me that on using the ladies toilet at the bar, twice there was no toilet paper and the door had no lock.

The sun terrace with its limited number of sun beds ( 10 ) was next to a public pathway to the beach with no privacy.

On first arriving hot and sweaty from a long drive and the difficuly of finding the place, I requested a cold beer on the terrace and was told I could only drink it there if I was eating and was sent to the bar area which was a public walkway.

The breakfast was adequate but the tables were not laid.

3 star - not in my book.

Edinburgh. Scotland"

• Travel date: Thu 7th of September 2006

What a Gem

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"My wife and I just returned from this hidden gem on a less touristy area of Mallorca.
We absolutely loved everything about this small hotel, including the lovely staff, wonderful beach, and 3 perfectly excellent restaurants. The setting is just so relaxing and unhurried. Lynn and her husband, Tolo, went out of their way to attend to all our needs.
We stayed in the Can Franc portion of the hotel which includes 4 individual large hotel rooms away from the noise and offering added calm.
We highly recommend this glorious inn.
Michael and Susan Gamburg, Atlanta, GA"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of September 2006

Highly recommended

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Hotel Niu is comfortable and relaxing with a mixture of bedrooms, two have a fourposter bed. The front of the hotel looks down on the beach, and one can take the buffet breakfast on the sun terrace in a morning, or inside if you prefer, again with a lovely view of the bay,sea etc. The buffet breakfast was a delight, good range of food, fruit, cereals, yoghurt, meats, cake, different breads and plenty of tea, coffee, milk, whatever you like for breakfast, there was a small hot buffet, comprising of boiled eggs, bacon, small sausage and toast if required. There is also a reserved area outside with sunbeds and mattress etc. the hotel provides hotels for the beach at no extra charge. There is a slight hill down to the hotel; the restaurant is superb with a good range of dishes, bedrooms at the front of the hotel all have balconies so get the morning sunshine. It was a delight to stay at Hotel Niu, it came recommended, and I certainly recommend it. We stayed for 10 days and found that the north part of Majorca is extremely pleasant, it was also our first visit to the island."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of May 2006

Paradise at Hotel Niu

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"We just spent a magnificent holiday at Hotel Niu and would highly recommend it. The hotel - rooms - apts have a lot of character and are very charming. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment which was ideal with our 1 yr old. Excellent location - stunning views - three restaurants to choose from with outstanding cuisine - very accomodating staff. The public beach is meters from the hotel and there is a sun lounging area exclusively reserved for the hotel guests. We were there in May - the off season - and felt like we had the whole place to ourselves - it is away from the hustle and bustle. If you are looking for a get away to paradise - I think this is it."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of May 2005

Fantastic location....

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"I stayed at the Hotel Niu before it was renovated a couple of years ago and I believe that it is very nice now. It wasn't bad when we went. The location is fantastic being right on one of Cala San Vicente's beaches and the restaurant food was good too."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of January 2005