Hotel Talayot

Calle Sard 2, 07560 Cala Millor, Majorca Spain

More than a 3 star hotel

"We stayed at the Talayot the last week in October and had a brilliant week. The rooms are definitely 3 star and comfortable but the hotel itself is undoubtedly a 4*. The dining room offers a delicious selection of beautifully cooked food with a different roast and trimmings every night. A full fresh salmon and various other fresh fish is available most nights and lots of lovely desserts.
You are allocated your own table so you don't have to look for a seat and the wine served was lovely and only about £3 a bottle!
The only downfall for some people ( or a bonus ) is that it's guests are mostly over 50 and so the entertainment , delivered expertly by Andres is aimed at the older guest. However if you want peace and quiet in a lovely atmosphere then this is the place to be.
We were lucky with the weather too!
We will definitely return but maybe earlier in the season as most of the resort's pubs close for the winter months."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of November 2006

excellent

"we are a family of 7 . the apartments are brill. the pools are great.the staff are brilliant .thomson reps are the best we have ever had. and we would go back again. the food in cala blanes a 5min walk is excellent. the menorcan people are brilliant with kids . we had a great holiday .a big thanks to the thomson guys ."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of November 2006

Very poor.

"I stayed in the Talayot in April and Sept this year. In April I was given a single room which was more like a cell. There was a single bed, no balcony, the view from the windoy was down into the hotel well, no television and the room was very small. For this I was charged a single occupancy of £5 per day which I did not like at all.
The breakfasts were typical of a three star hotel, the dinners I don't know about because I ate out for the week. I prefer a good restaurant than hotel food.
Thge second time I stayed from 7th. - 14th. Sept the management had been unable to guarantee a room and my wife and I were put into a three bed two bathroom apartment across the street. This would have been acceptable except that we found there was no airconditioning and it was like living in a sauna. I contacted my travel agent and to his credit he sorted it out with the manager and we were moved into the hotel.
There was a fridge in the rtoom but it was locked and when I asked about this at the desk I was told that I would have to pay €17.50 for the week if I wished to use it. This is the first time I have ever been asked to pay to use a fridge.
The staff were friendly, table service in the lounge at night was slow and evening entertainment was not very good.
This was the last time I would ever go to this hotel, my opinion of it is that it is what I would call a ' rip off hotel '"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of September 2006

Would definitely use Hotel Taylot again.

Good

"Found this an excellent hotel with good standards of decor and very high standards of cleanliness throughout. The bedrooms were well-kept, cleaned daily and towels changed upon leaving them in the bath.

The outdoor pool unfortunately seemed too shaded because of its position in relation to the hotel and the high number of mature trees in the ground (see photo), this resulted in over 70% of the pool area in shade at any one time. An indoor pool was available which had a jet action similar to a Jacuzzi, there was a small charge via a meter but the pool could be used free of charge without the water jets. A very good service was that beach towels were available free with a deposit of 10 euros (returnable), these towels would be changed at reception upon request, with the very strict weight restrictions on luggage saves you carrying your own. Sun beds as usual were reserved with towels and some lay empty most of the day, very annoying when you are looking for a vacant space but this happens in all hotels.

The restaurant was excellent with a very good food selection with all staff extremely helpful and very friendly, all took time to talk to you and asking if you were enjoying your holiday. The food at the pool bar was also first-rate, freshly cooked and good value for money.

The bar was the only down side of the hotel, the drinks were good value and in some cases cheaper that the pubs and bars outside the hotel however the service from the waiters was very poor as they spent most time talking to each other at the bar and as a result table service was very slow and in some cases non existent. Entertainment was of the typical of Spanish hotels, however all the entertainers tried very hard with the resident entertainer - Andreas – going out of his way to involve everyone in day and night activities, he even organised two walks during the week we were there. This poor bar service must be costing the hotel a lot in lost sales as a lot of guests like ourselves after waiting nearly 30 minutes without even an acknowledgement never mind service left to drink else where.

Lastly the reception staff were lovely, with nothing too much trouble, even the manager came over asking if we were enjoying our holiday, a doctor was available and guests of the hotel were offered assistance at a reduced rate, we used his services and were very impressed.

Would definitely use this hotel again."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of September 2006

Fantastic Hotel

"Just came back from a week in Calla Millor and the hotel Talayot was one of the best I've stayed in. Firstly, the location was ideal, quiet whilst being close enough to walk to the nightlife, minutes from the beach. The food was amazing, such a wide selection, very good quality for half board. The pool area is clean and well spaced, the bar staff and receptionists are friendly and last but certainly not least, Andreas is a scream! He is so entertaining and lightens everyone's spirits. This hotel has been on the go for years and won numerous awards. I can thoroughly recommend it and will definitely go back."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of July 2006

great holiday

"i have been to many hotels in the med but none i have returned to except this wonderful hotel called hotel taylayot.the food is fantastic, the choice at the bar better than i have ever seen in the med,the staff all i can say they have never changed in 5 years. we are returning on the 21 july 2006 which we booked as soon as we returned after the last trip this will be our 5th time. What better recomendation is that."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of May 2006

Fabulous Holiday

"We stayed at this hotel as part of a Cruise & Stay package. The hotel was perfect for us. We were a party of 4 adults and 2 children aged 10, 11. The hotel is spotlessly clean, air conditioned, beautifully decorated and sitting on the promenade. The food was the best I have had in many years, the staff are so friendly and would bend over backwards to please you. When you arrive you are allocated your table for evening meals by the head waiter Gregory - he is so nice and pleasant and professional. This means no matter what time you come for dinner, you always have your table. The waitresses are always smiling and friendly. The quality and quantity of the food is fantastic. The entertainement is run mainly by Andreas, whose Bingo has to be seen to be believed - it is so funny. He does lots of games and keeps all the family entertained. They also had some good acts on mostly singers but they have themed nights on and do offers on drinks to match - eg on Caribbean night they had cocktails 2 for 1. On British night they had all beer 2 euro. There is plenty of space aroung the pool for sunbathing and also an indoor pool which has a jacuzzi section. Guests have been coming to this hotel for years and all know each other - they are mostly Scottish and English. It is situated right on the edge of the town, which has lots of restaurants, shops and bars, KFC etc. No matter what age you are there is something for you. The pier is about 200yds away, where the glass bottom boats come in and there are hire shops for bikes, kiddy cars, and pedal bikes which seat up to 8 people. This is good fun for families and perfectly safe as you are on the pedestrianised promenade. It has a real family feel to it. I will definately be going back, possibly in October and I don't usually go back to the same place twice. You could not go wrong with this hotel, no matter what age you are."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of August 2005

Hotel happiness

"I enjoyed this hotel especially when one of the staff named andreas made me laugh. I reccommend this hotel to anyone who wants to go there. All the Staff were very helpful and there were alot of shops to look at"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of July 2005

Loved the place

Good

"Comfortable hotel & a great location but it is the staff that make it special. Been there several times over the years & it just gets better.
You feel at home the minute you walk throught the door. The atmosphere will put a smile on yr face for your entire holiday."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of June 2005

great fun at the Talayot

"We Alaways Try To Book A Hotel That Doesn't Have Many Childrens Facilities ,As The Parents Of Grown Up Children, We Now Want Peace And Quiet, And Although This Hotel Does Accept Children I Certainly Wouldn't Recommend This Hotel For Families.The First Week We Were There We Were The Youngest (40-41 !!!)There.But This By No Means Spoilt Our Enjoyment.Had Great Fun With All The Oldies (SOME OF WHICH HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE TALAYOT FOR THE PAST 20 YEARS)And Got Lots Of New Nana's !!!. Andres Is The Ace In The Pack.His Bingo Is a Scream As Is The Rest Of His Entertainment. Look Out For NICK FALDO Behind The Bar (DANIELE)And KEVS Dry Sense Of Humour. The Hotel Is In a Great Position And Was The First To Be Built In CALA MILLOR. It Is Immaculately Clean,No Matter What Time Of Day The Maids Are Out Cleaning.We Had a Side View Room Which Was Fantastic As We Got The SEA And The MOUNTAINS.. The Food Is Superb With a Great Choice And a Roast Every Night,The Prawns Are GORGEOUS.. Also Recommend ANDRES PAELLA DEMO On WEDNESDAYS..Also, Forgot To Mention That On Our First Week There, There Was a TORNADO Out At Sea, And Watching The FUNNEL Come Down From The Sky And Suck Up All The Water Was a Real Highlight And a Sight To Behold As We Onland Were Bathed In Glorious Sunshire...We Would Definately Recommend To ANYONE OVER 40 !!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of June 2004

Good for older people

Good

"My wife and I have just returned from a week at the hotel. We are in our forties and were the youngest people staying in the hotel... This was not an issue for us as it was our first holiday without the kids and was great not having kids running around. The hotel is aimed at the over 50's so if you have kids don't book here

The hotel is one of the oldest in Cala Millor and is starting to show its age. I would say it needs a face lift, but not too much. We stayed in room 503 with had a view of the ocean, the only down side was it was close to the lifts, so you could hear them every morning and night when they were used, as the walls are thin!

This hotel is half board and for price I felt was over priced, if the hotel was all inclusive I would say the price is about right.

The staff are great and nothing s too much trouble. The hotel was 100% English, but Cala Millor is about 40% English and 40% German and rest is a mix.

The pool is a little on the cold side as it is not in full sun all day, but there is plenty of room and sun beds.

The location is good at the to the right is Cala Millor and to the left is Cala Bona. Both are a nice stroll in the evening and have loads of shops.

• Travel date: Sun 16th of June 2013

hotel Talayot 13th March-27thMarch 2012

Good

"Stayed at the Hotel Talayot last 2 week in march. Had a great holiday. Hotel very clean. Stayed in room 505 on floor. Beautiful large room, side sea view and mountains. Tea and coffee making utensils came in useful in afternoon. Sat out on balcony with coffee and admired the view. All the staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful and made my stay enjoyable.

Allocated tables are a great idea you don,t have to queue. The second week of my holiday I shared with 2 other singles Vicky and Christine as they put single ladies together. I had a great laugh with the two as they were very friendly.

Cala millor/cala bono great walks plenty of shops.

Take no notice of negative comments about hotel. I travel at least three times a year and found this hotel to be one of the best.

Would i go back yes i would in fact next year same time.

• Travel date: Mon 9th of April 2012

Hotels near Hotel Talayot

Stayed at Hotel Talayot? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Talayot

• connorfamily by connorfamily

"Get to the buffet and then walk it off by the sea side while the sun sets. "

• Katherine x by Katherine x

"If You love tourist places this is one but also with alternative to quiet sides "

Hotel Talayot is also called