Caleia Talayot Spa Hotel

Calle Sard 2, 07560 Cala Millor, Majorca Spain

Good for older people

Reviewed Thu 20th of June 2013

"My wife and I have just returned from a week at the hotel. We are in our forties and were the youngest people staying in the hotel... This was not an issue for us as it was our first holiday without the kids and was great not having kids running around. The hotel is aimed at the over 50's so if you have kids don't book here

The hotel is one of the oldest in Cala Millor and is starting to show its age. I would say it needs a face lift, but not too much. We stayed in room 503 with had a view of the ocean, the only down side was it was close to the lifts, so you could hear them every morning and night when they were used, as the walls are thin!

This hotel is half board and for price I felt was over priced, if the hotel was all inclusive I would say the price is about right.

The staff are great and nothing s too much trouble. The hotel was 100% English, but Cala Millor is about 40% English and 40% German and rest is a mix.

The pool is a little on the cold side as it is not in full sun all day, but there is plenty of room and sun beds.

The location is good at the to the right is Cala Millor and to the left is Cala Bona. Both are a nice stroll in the evening and have loads of shops.

• Travel date: Sun 16th of June 2013

hotel Talayot 13th March-27thMarch 2012

Reviewed Tue 10th of April 2012

"Stayed at the Hotel Talayot last 2 week in march. Had a great holiday. Hotel very clean. Stayed in room 505 on floor. Beautiful large room, side sea view and mountains. Tea and coffee making utensils came in useful in afternoon. Sat out on balcony with coffee and admired the view. All the staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful and made my stay enjoyable.

Allocated tables are a great idea you don,t have to queue. The second week of my holiday I shared with 2 other singles Vicky and Christine as they put single ladies together. I had a great laugh with the two as they were very friendly.

Cala millor/cala bono great walks plenty of shops.

Take no notice of negative comments about hotel. I travel at least three times a year and found this hotel to be one of the best.

Would i go back yes i would in fact next year same time.

• Travel date: Mon 9th of April 2012

nice hotel nice location

Reviewed Tue 15th of November 2011

"this hotel is set in a nice position on the front ,the rooms are in need of a bit of brightening up but are comfy with a decent sized bathroom,there is a tv in the room with limited british channels a fridge which is 14 euros a week (rip off),the pool area is small at the back of the hotel with plenty of sunbeds and shaded areas so why do people have to put sun shades up where people are trying to sunbathe,the food in the hotel is very good with full english or continental every morning and a carvery in the evening with plenty of choice of fresh salads and sweets,the entertainment in the evenings wasnt up to much which was a shame because it was nice to sit out on the terrace and have a drink,the staff in this hotel couldnt do enough for you and were very friendly,"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of November 2011

Relaxing winter holiday

Reviewed Mon 24th of October 2011

"All staff were friendly and helpful.Good mixture of old and young guests.Allocated table in restaurant for sole use.Adequate choice of hot and cold food.Lunches could be taken in the bar.The lasagne was excellent and they do a lovely pie and chips.Ideally placed on the prom.Easy walk to Cala Bona and Punta N`Amer nature reserve. Indoor pool in the winter,very pleasent.There are 2 nice english bars :sundeck bar: in the shopping precinct and :Beach Boys: on the promenade where you can get a nice cup of tea.Cheapest way to go to Caves of Drach is on the local bus,5 minutes walk from the hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of October 2011

The Fantastic Talayot

Reviewed Mon 10th of October 2011

"We stayed there in the second week of a Thomson (Dream) 'Cruise & Stay'.
This hotel is officially rated as Three Star, which I think they have got seriously wrong. It is a fantastic hotel.
The hotel itself is extremely clean and well decorated.
The staff are friendly and will do anything for you, nothing, I found, was too much trouble to them.
The food was, for buffet style eating, absolutely fantastic with a wide choice every day.
The location was excellent, being at the north end of Cala Millor, near to Cala Bona, being a stones throw from the sea. Unfortunately there is a one hundred and fifty yard walk to the fantastic beach.
It was our first time at the hotel, but would not hesitate to stay there again or recommend it to family and friends.
The only down side was the nightly entertainment who were all past their 'sell by date'

• Travel date: Mon 10th of October 2011

Great Food

Reviewed Thu 23rd of June 2011

"The food at the hotel was great, not only a nice selection of meat and vegetables, but plenty of extras and variety.

I like to get out and explore when I'm on holiday, so I don't really have much more to add. Friendly staff, a good meal, and a good nights sleep.

I will go back again for sure."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of June 2011

Best Holiday Ever

Reviewed Wed 20th of October 2010

"Well i have just returned from the talayot hotel,, after being away for 2 weeks in a cruise and stay we had never stayed at the talayot before but we like trying new things, when we got there we were amazed because this is only a 3 star but to me i felt like i got treated like million stars, there was 3 of us and we were on the top floor on a corner room,, which meant we had a bigger balcony meaning we could see the sea because of this bigger balcony which meant we didn't have to pay extra,

The food was lovely and it looked done very professionaly, the waiters were good, others were quiet at time, but gregory the head waiter always knew how to make us laugh if it was copying what we said in a stupid voice or making a joke.

At night time we had heard of the legend called andreas but when we first arrived we thought of him as a nutcase,, but as we got drawn in to the entertainmen ,, he couldn't stop me laughing,, how he says things how he did things,, and his bingo and daytime entertainment were great,,

The bar was good, not to expensive and had happy hours, i took a liking to the younger staff ( going to give them a mention paco and bernando,, always made me smile and would always come over for a chat and ask if we would like any drinks.

The cleaning was good done very quickly although they didn't know much english.

I love the area bvecause you can just walk or hire a bike and you can cross cala millor or cala bona,

I already want to go again and hopefully will come again next year.

The only down side for me ( no offense is thta im 18 and the majority of the people are elderly, so wasn't much of social for me.

Anyways i thought it was great and want to go back
best 3 *** i've ever been too :)

Katherine Isherwood "

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of July 2010

Just returned from holiday in Calla Mill...

Reviewed Sat 13th of September 2008

"Just returned from holiday in Calla Millor staying at the Talayot Hotel, everything was first class, paid extra for sea view which was well worth the money.Food was to a very high standard and would love to go back in the future."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of September 2008

I Thought That This Hotel Was Amazin No...

Reviewed Sat 26th of July 2008

And i Would Go back Definetly
I recommend This Hotel

x"

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

We are a 40 something couple without chi...

Reviewed Tue 15th of July 2008

"We are a 40 something couple without children and have just returned from a week staying at the Talayot. The hotel sits in a superb location right on the seafront between Cala Millor and Cala Bona with both resorts literally only being a few minutes walk away. We paid a little extra to have a room with a sea view and this was well spent as the hotels sits just back off a lovely promenade with fantastic views right across the bay from our balcony. Externally the hotel does look a little dated however this is deceptive as internally it is decorated, cleaned and maintained to a fairly high standard. The staff in the hotel are efficient, very friendly, spoke excellent English and can't do enough to make your stay a good one. Equally the food was of a high standard and very much geared towards its almost solely UK clientele. The guests were very much of a mixed age group though the ratio did tend to be more towards the older end and there were no immediately apparent facilities for young children. At the rear of the hotel is a good-sized outdoor pool, bar and large paved area which offers plenty of scope for both sun lovers and the sun shy as the mature trees offer excellent natural shade to some parts.

The only negative I could find with the hotel was the fact that they charge you 14 Euros if you want to have the use of the fridge in your room by way of a key to unlock it. Rather amusingly one of the couples in the hotel had decided that rather than paying for both a safe and fridge in their room they would keep their money and passports locked in the fridge!

The resorts of Cala Bona and Cala Millor are very different. Cala Bona tends to be a little tacky, untidy and uncared for whereas Cala Millor has had what appears to be a complete make over. It is has a very sizeable shopping area which is very clean, completely pedestrianised and is lined with a good selection of good quality shops, bars and restaurants. The beach in Cala Millor, though of a reasonable size, can become very busy at peak times during the day.

All in all this was one of the best holidays I have been on and I have returned completely relaxed and refreshed. Over the years I have never really felt the urge to return to the same hotel twice however this is a trend that I am about to change thanks to the Hotel Talayot.

• Travel date: Tue 15th of July 2008

just had a week in hotel after a weeks...

Reviewed Sat 12th of July 2008

"just had a week in hotel after a weeks cruise, good size rooms and balcony, nice sea view from side room. food as good as cruise except less choices excelent food for 3 star hotel. head waiter / entertainer tries hard to include everyone. great location. 5 mins to beach with beds umbrellas. sitauted edge of cala bona to the left and cala millor to the right.
enterainment every night, some ok some not, its free, your on your holidays try to get out more "

• Travel date: Sat 12th of July 2008

Just returned from Tayalot hotel and it...

Reviewed Sat 5th of July 2008

"Just returned from Tayalot hotel and it was what I expected from various independent reviews and value for money .
The hotel has an excellent location and the room is fairley good for a 3 star hotel , although the bathrooom is small . Great balcony with sea view from room 319 .
The hotel has a lot of 60+ English repeat guests and consequently the services seem to be exclusive to their needs . The food was very British mainly a Sunday Luch everynight normally a choice between Roast , Chicken and Fish . In two weeks there cannot recollect one Spanish dish on the menu .
The entertainment was the usual bingo and Caberet aimed at the regular clientelle . Therfore if I wanted a British home from home in the sun would have give this hotel 10/10 but I'm 44 and saw this hotel as a good quiet location for doing my own thing .
I would syay that Cala Millor has a lovely but crowded breach , 80% of tourists are Germans families , 20% British 60+ . Therefore place seemed very quiet of night with little to do . Not a lively resort as described by tour operator. So if your not one of above best give a miss if you want more lively nightlife . "

• Travel date: Sat 5th of July 2008

Hotels near Caleia Talayot Spa Hotel

Stayed at Caleia Talayot Spa Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Caleia Talayot Spa Hotel

• connorfamily by connorfamily

"Get to the buffet and then walk it off by the sea side while the sun sets. "

• Katherine x by Katherine x

"If You love tourist places this is one but also with alternative to quiet sides "

Caleia Talayot Spa Hotel is also called