Cala Millor Holidays
Sometimes referred to as Majorca’s “Los Angeles,” Cala Millor has something for everyone, including those on solo trips, with significant others, and with the entire family in tow. Located on the North-eastern portion of the island, Cala Millor comes with kilometres of beachfront access, all characterised by the famous white sand beaches that are known throughout the Balearic Islands. Spend hours sunning on the sand, playing in the water, or roller-skating on the promenades that line the premium real estate. As a Blue Flag-winning beaching destination, you can always rely on the sun while on holiday in Majorca.
If you’re looking to have a more relaxed day, dozens of cafes, pubs, and tapas restaurants line the beaches, with plenty of souvenir shopping and outdoor stalls that will provide you with some precious Spanish keepsakes to bring home. Peruse clothes, leather goods, holiday treats, and other easy gifting ideas that fit easily in the suitcase.
Of course, you can count on plenty of bars and clubs that are scattered around the beach area. Sink your teeth into delicious seafood, caught daily and brought to each eatery by nightfall. Enjoy relaxing and cold cocktails, sangria, and other fruity drinks that get you ready for a night out on the town.
Dance the night away, take part in EDM parties, and enjoy the live music that Majorca is so famously known for. However, if you’re there with the whole family, that’s ok, too! There’s the Fantasy Park with bouncy castle and trampolines, as well as a go-kart track and riding school against the Majorcan island mountains. Of course, don’t forget the golf course, which is just a 20-minute drive away. It makes for a perfect distraction if you need some space from the direct sunlight.
Made with you in mind, Cala Millor is most known for helping you feel laid back and relaxed.
Things to know about Cala Millor
- Currency: Euro Exchange rate: £1.00 to € 1.15
- Timezone: Europe/Madrid (UTC+1)
- Language: Spanish
- Belfast International (BFS): 2:55
- Birmingham International (BHX): 2:30
- Edinburgh (EDI): 4:20
- London Gatwick (LGW): 2:20
- London Luton (LTN): 2:25
- London Southend (SEN): 2:25
- London Stansted (STN): 2:25
- Manchester (MAN): 2:30
Top accommodations in Cala Millor
Protur Playa Cala Millor HotelRiu Playa Cala Millor is 4-star hotel, located in Cala Millor, just 10 m from the beach, separated only by the waterfront promenade. Th...
Hipotels Hipocampo PalaceThe Hipocampo Palace (previously known as the Hipocampo Park) is an attractive and well-furnished hotel where you will be welcomed by f...
Hipotels Cala Millor ParkIberostar Cala Millor Park is located just 100 metres away from the beach and there is a regular bus service to Palma. The hotel has 19...
SENTIDO Playa del MoroThe Hotel Playa Del Moro is situated just 20m away from one of the most beautiful beaches in Cala Millor. Relax on the fine sandy beach...
Cristina Villas ApartmentsA friendly, lively and rather homely apartment complex which attracts many a repeat holidaymaker. The complex is made up of several bui...
SENTIDO Castell de MarSituated in the east of Mallorca, 68 km from the airport and capital city Palma de Mallorca. The Hotel is situated on the sea front bet...
Hotel Cala Millor GardenThe Hotel Cala Millor Garden enjoys a privileged position being only 200 mt. from the beautiful beach of Cala Millor and 50 mt. from th...
Holiday Village Majorca - Protur...Protur Monte Safari, a four star aparthotel in Majorca, is located in the outskirts of Cala Millor, to the side of a hill with beautifu...
Hipotels SaidThe Hipotel Said is located in the resort of Cala Millor on the north eastern side of the island, this modern air conditioned hotel is...
Marins PlayaThe Marins Playa Aparthotel is located just a few metres from Cala Millor Beach, you can enjoy one of the loveliest and largest beaches...
Things to do in Cala Millor
Fun for just you, you and your spouse, or you and the whole family, there is plenty to do besides sit on an award-winning beach while staying at Cala Millor:
- Fantasy Park: Cala Millor is known for being a wonderful location you can bring the entire family to for some holiday bonding. Head over to Fantasy Park where you and your kids can go on rides, jump on bouncy castles, and fly off of trampolines.
- Go-kart Track: On Spanish holidays, you might need some breaks from the direct sunlight. One easy way to have fun together is to race around the island’s go-kart track, which is just a few minutes away.
- Riding School: Have you always dreamt of riding a horse down the beach against the sunset? Well in Cala Millor, there’s a riding school that will prepare you for the adventure ahead. Take your horse through mountain trails and other breath-taking activities.
- Promenade Shopping: Right at the water’s edge, you can take in the sights and smells of the beach while going shopping with friends and family. Along the beachfront promenade are plenty of shops that contain everything from clothes and keepsakes, to candies and leather goods, all made by hand or imported from mainland Spain.
- Golfing: Majorca would be remiss if she did not include some golf courses. There are plenty to choose from right in Cala Millor, where you can access both 9 and 18-hole golf courses at a moment’s notice.
- International Regatta: During the last five days of October, watch as over 50 hot air balloons from across Europe are launched into the area with an unforgettable ocean backdrop in your view.
- Caves of Ham: Just 15 minutes by car away from Cala Millor, explore naturally occurring caves where musicians travel to play their music in the enchanting and unforgettable setting.
Home to a Blue Flag-winning beach, Cala Millor proudly showcases one of the most sought after beaches in the world. Thanks to its expansive, soft, and white sand that kisses the aqua blue water at your feet, plus with a calmer tide that makes swimming easy, it’s no wonder this beach has attracted travellers from around the world for decades.
The Cala Millor beach provides everything from straw sunshades for those looking to stay covered, to paddleboards and parasailing if you want to get a more adventurous perspective of the town. There’s also a windsurfing school if you want to learn how to master the art before you get into the water.
Since the beach is known for hosting a calm and inviting water, perfect for those who are not strong swimmers, you can rent snorkelling equipment and get out there with the fish. You barely have to wade out into the water to start seeing all of the incredible marine life bustling beneath you.
Food & drink
Located right in the Mediterranean Sea, the food in Cala Millor is characterised for its freshness. Most restaurants centre their cuisine around the fish and shellfish caught directly in the sea that day, as well as the expertly paired light and fruity wines that are made on the island and on the mainland.
Enjoy Spanish favourites, like tapas, paella, sangria, and more as you venture through the town and stop at:
- Back Streets: There is more than meets the eye in Cala Millor, and that holds true for the food. Although the promenade can be a big draw, don’t forget to walk through the back streets and take in the other hidden gems that might have escaped your view.
- Le Chiacchiere: This classic Spanish restaurant is the perfect place to visit if you want to try authentic Spanish cuisine that isn’t served at other tourist restaurants.
- La Sangria: This up-tempo modern Spanish dining restaurant is also a good place to enjoy tapas with a full bar stocked for your choosing.
- Osteria Pane & Olio: This upscale fine dining establishment is a great place to go if you want to immerse your taste buds in some of the crazier Spanish food pairings before your holiday is over.
- Toni’s Restaurant: Lastly, if you want to order a massive serving of paella for everyone in your party to try, do it at Toni’s Restaurant. Trust us, you won’t be sorry!
Cala Millor really comes to life at night once the sun goes down and the Spanish summer soundtrack goes into effect. You can count on DJs, EDM, live music, dance clubs, discos, and more that will help you dance the entire night away. The Spanish are known for their love of partying, which is why you can enjoy the entire evening until the sun is rising again.
Some of our favourite nightlife stops in Cala Millor include:
- Cheers Bar: This is a perfect place to get your hands on some ice cold sangria, where they offer plenty of drink specials for helping you to get riled and ready for the night ahead of you. Be sure to try the red sangria while you stop in.
- Disco & Bar Havana: Known for its great cocktails, this disco bar doesn’t even open until 11PM. Grab a drink and start dancing to the live music provided by the hired DJs
- Bar Piccadilly: This casual and laid back bar and tapas atmosphere is a great place to bring a loved one.
- The Gunners Arms: This is a cosier bar with outdoor seating only, perfect for those wishing to spend a night out without the craziness that ensues at a disco.
- Bar Rafael: Another outdoor cocktail spot, Bar Rafael is known for its friendly staff and expansive menus of drinks you’re going to want to try.