Sentido Tucan

Carrer Boulevard 4, 07660 Cala d'Or, Majorca Spain

Relaxing Holiday - Great Location

Good

"Just returned from 1 week at the Tucan Hotel & thoroughly enjoyed our visit to both the hotel & the resort.
Having stayed in a lot of 4star hotels throughout europe & usa, I would say that the Tucan in terms of rooms, communal areas, food etc is a very, very good high end 3star hotel. It just lacks that little bit of luxury that I would expect from a 4star.
In saying this, the rooms were spotlessly clean with maid service every day. Reception staff very helpful. Although we were half board we decided to eat only the breakfast as there are so many wonderful restaurants on the doorstep. Breakfasts were fine, cereals, cold meats, breads, cakes, hot selection etc something to get you going anyway.
Pool area good although you need to be an early riser to guarantee beds in prime spots. We'd go down about 9.30am to find majority reserved but unoccupied but this is common everywhere. Poolside snack bar opened but didn't look that appealing so we ate lunch at some of the closeby restaurants. Beach is a 2min walk away.
Food in the restaurants in cala d'or was to a very high standard - didn't have any dissapointing meals. Would totally recommend Acquarius restaurant at the marina, outstanding views & food to die for - staff really friendly. Also good for nice meals were El Caliu, Don Leone & Fernando's.
Not too much happens in resort after midnight - a few bars opened late, we frequented Dugan's and Upstairs - both good, especially upstairs for cocktails.
Would definitely go back to this hotel & resort in low-mid season again as I'm led to believe it gets very crowed in high summer. Good place to recharge the old batteries!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

Loved It!!!

Good

"First time to Cala D'or hotel recommended by travel agent - great choice.

O.K. so the hotel isn't a 4 star, as rated by travel company, but it is still a good 3 star. Rooms a little small, but as we don't spend that much time in there it was more than adequate. Always well cleaned with clean linen every day. Food was again adequate, not exciting, but you could always something to suit your taste. We arrived late evening (21,45) and were pleased to find that the restaurant didn't close until 22.30 and they made us feel really welcome, not rushing us out because it was late. The pool area is lovely with plenty of sun loungers and cushions available all the time. Probably what made this hotel was the staff - always very helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them. Great location, close to a beautiful beach, great for kids, shops and supermarket just across the road, and bars/restaurants only 2 minutes walk away. If you wanted to stay just B&B there are lots and lots of places to eat at reasonable cost. Steer clear of the cocktail bars - 8 Euros for a cocktail was a little high, but if you feel like splashing out, why not. We would definitely go back to this hotel and resort."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

good package holiday type hotel

"We have just returned for a five night stay at the Tucan. Both Cala D'Or and the hotel were very busy and crowded, If you wanted a sunbed by the pool, you had to be there early, and the same was true of the beach, where you had to make your way through a completelylpacked sea if you wanted a swim. The hotel was fine....if you like that sort of thing. The rooms were small, not helped by the fact we were sharing wqith our four year old, but we had no rom left to swing a cat. We only eat breakfast there, which was adequate but nothing to write home about (powdered apple juice for example). On the plus side, there was nightly evening entertainment, which was a bit naff but kept us enetertained until the four year old was ready for bed. I hated Cala D'Or, too busy, too English, all the restaurants had basically the same menu. I suspect its much nicer out of season, with pretty beaches, but for me I was glad it was a short trip."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of August 2006

Not a bird of paradise but a likeable budgie

"I recently stayed for three days at this hotel. It has a great location being that many small cove sandy beaches are nearby allowing you to explore somewhere different each day. The marina is stunning, whilst I have no interest in boats I can appreciate the luxury and elegance of the yatchts moored one after the other. The hotel has helpful staff and an individual sumptious reception area. My room was small especially the bathroom where it amazed me they fitted everything in. The food is the largest disappointment and the management of the restaurant. The restaurant has no view (its below ground level) and is therefore uninspiring and functional. The food is of very very limited choice for such a large number of guests and does not cater at all well for vegetarians. The person checking you are guest on entry does not check there are tables and so you have to wander about searching for a table which inevitably resorts in confusion and two sets of people sitting at the same table thinking it was free but that the guests had been at the buffet."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of July 2006

Not for food lovers

"Having read the reviews on this hotel I was rather looking forward to our holiday. On the positive side the beach is across a quiet road has good fascilaties. The shops are right outside the front entrance and there are many eateries just down the small lane. The pool was very clean and table tennis at no extra charge available.The bar was just to the side of the sunbathing area but not for the faint hearted regarding prices. On the down side the food was almost unedable at times so bed and breakfast is a better choice. The air conditioning is a waste of electrisity as it only makes a noise and very little else. Thankfully there are ceiling fans. Would I go back? Not on your life."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of June 2006

Welcoming, friendly and worth a visit

Good

"I had a fabulous stay at this hotel with my two daughters. First impressions of the hotel are knock-out as the reception and other shared areas are furnished with gorgeous antiques, low seating and 'moody' lighting. The food was extremely good. An enormous selection at every sitting and a different choice every night (we stayed for 7 nights). I frequently opted for the freshly cooked counter and ate fresh fish every night, washed down with a wonderful bottle of Rioja which, if unfinished, they put to one side for the next night. Ideal if, like me, you are an adult travelling alone. The staff, without exception, were warm and friendly. Our room was serviced everyday and little touches, like carefully positioning the children's toys back on their beds, were really appreciated. We even had a table setting put in place for a cuddly toy accompanying our evening meal! The pool, and pool side, are an ideal place to relax. As we arrived early May the pool was extremely chilly but we were blessed with gorgeous sunshine and made the most of the poolside loungers and cushions. Cocktails from the bar (non-alcoholic) were an luxurious treat and delivered by the barman. I heard from fellow residents that the evenings entertainment was quite fun and that the bar didn't shut until the last person left. I've been home for 4 weeks now and I can't remember anything bad about the trip at all. We would, without doubt, go back again."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of May 2006

a lovely hotel suitable for all ages.

"we have just come back from a weeks stay at the toucan. what a lovely hotel. the rooms are clean and tidy,the staff are friendly and welcomeing. we took our parents on there first holiday abroad and the were so impressed with the whole hotel. they catered for our every need and when small things did go wrong they were qucik to sort them out. we booked it as independant travellers and we will be doing this again. the hotel is near everything. there is a slight gradiant up from the beach but even that is not to much of a problem. the area around the hotel is lovely and there are some great walks. a trip to the harbour is lovely. the little train will take you there but we did walk it on a few occasions. the only thing i have against the hotel and most of the resturants is that there high chairs are not that safe and they dont have changeing rooms for babys; our 20 month old daughter actually managed to push her high chair over lucky we were able to grab her before she hit the floor. but apart from that everything was lovely . in fact the cot that she had was like new. we will hopefully be returing next year with more of the family lets hope we get as nice a weather as we had this time. will recommend this hotel to everyone of all ages."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of May 2006

Really like Tucan

"Went to Gran Hotel Tucan in Cala D'or for the THIRD time in 2005. The hotel is near all amenities, very close to a sandy beach, and Cala D'or is full of busy restaurants and bars.

The hotel has a great swimming pool, suitable for swimmers and non-swimmers alike, a very well-equipped bar by the pool, entertainment each evening which is usually of a good standard, and the other tourists are usually very nice too!!

Meals are buffet-style. Breakfasts are really good, as are the dinners, though the latter occasionally lack variety.

Staff at Tucan are really helpful and genuine. Many of them have been there years, which is a wonderful testimonial to the hotel.

Would I go there a FOURTH times? Yes, I think I probably would!!"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of August 2005

Was nice for a weeek

"Stayed here before we joined our ocean village cruise.

It was pleasant, food was nice ( no complaints)>>>entertainment was a little boring, pool is a good size, in a good location.
Plenty of shops and things to walk around at day or night, beach nearby, quite realxing.

Want a hotel thats decent....relaxing....friendly and just over 3*.....go for this hotel :)"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of July 2005

lovely trip

Good

"Stayed at the tucan in Oct 03. It has an excellent location close to the beach which is a lovely cove. The pool is beautiful and has nice sunbeds. John one of the receptionists is very kind and helpful. The breakfast is very nice. The main eve meal is ok, but only average to eat this every day would be boring. The hotel is clean, and you will not be disapointed to stay here."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of April 2005

UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

"Stayed here 11 nights far too long .Rooms miserable only one wardrobe door so clothes permanently on show ,plain walls no drawers one bin without lid in bathroom none in bedroom.Light too dull to read at night no light on balcony.I complained to reception and got a frosty the hotel is designed to minimalist.Way too minimalist for me won't be back for sure.
This hotel is not more than 3 star. "

• Travel date: Thu 19th of May 2016

first holiday

"The hotel was lovely and clean, staff were helpful and friendly, meals were all nice never had a bad meal.
around the hotel no where really opens till about 10am so have to have a quiet few hours before you can check shops out everything is within walking distance would highly recommend hotel"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of September 2013

Hotels near Sentido Tucan

Stayed at Sentido Tucan? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sentido Tucan

• fiona1926 by fiona1926

"lots of restaurants near by even english ones. "

• Diabec by Diabec

"Do not relie on the hotel to entertain you. "

• Angela H by Angela H

"we did marieneland it was awesome also fntasy golf caves of drac are nice but really crowded "

• Helen W by Helen W

"Add a door to wardrobe put in a few drawers and add a bit of light espaeially on the balcony. "

Sentido Tucan is also called