UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

Reviewed Thu 19th of May 2016

"Stayed here 11 nights far too long .Rooms miserable only one wardrobe door so clothes permanently on show ,plain walls no drawers one bin without lid in bathroom none in bedroom.Light too dull to read at night no light on balcony.I complained to reception and got a frosty the hotel is designed to minimalist.Way too minimalist for me won't be back for sure.
This hotel is not more than 3 star. "

• Travel date: Thu 19th of May 2016

first holiday

Reviewed Mon 9th of September 2013

"The hotel was lovely and clean, staff were helpful and friendly, meals were all nice never had a bad meal.
around the hotel no where really opens till about 10am so have to have a quiet few hours before you can check shops out everything is within walking distance would highly recommend hotel"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of September 2013

Holiday

Reviewed Tue 10th of September 2013

"Nice clean airy hotel. Friendly staff throughout. Food okay , something for everyone. Dining room seemed small did go layout, especially if all guests wanting to eat at same time. Big let down was the lack of entertainment. None during the day and only 3 evenings during our weeks stay and it was very similar. Lovely room with large clean bathroom with a restricted pool view - due to large tree. Location excellent. Lots of shops, bars and eateries within a short walk. Carla Gran beach within 5mins walk using rear access of hotel. F"

• Travel date: Fri 6th of September 2013

great hotel and fabulous location

Reviewed Tue 6th of August 2013

"I have just returned from an 11 day holiday at this hotel and I will definitely going back.
Thd hotel was clean and staff very friendly and helpful.
The location was fabulous and the, Cala gran beach was wonderful.
Everything you could wish for on your door step.
We arrived at 10.30 in the morning and dropped off on the door step of the hotel only to find I had left my hand bag on the coach containing all my holiday documents and money I informed the hotel receptionist in a massive panick.
The receptionist quickly got on the phone to the coach company and within 20 minutes my bag was returned safely.
Thankyou very much to that lady for her quick response and the coach company.
My holiday could have been very different.
Best holiday in a long time.
Thanks Hotel Tucan x"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of August 2013

ice

Reviewed Tue 14th of August 2012

"I stayed in the Tucan Hotel Cala D’Or from the 21st july to the 4th august 2012 on a half board basis.

I asked at the bar for a glass of ice to take to the pool ( I had an old ankle injury which was bothering me and to put ice on it helps at times). The waiter asked if I was all inclusive and I said “No”. he replied “ we serve drinks here” and I was refused ice, on the basis I had to buy a drink to get ice .

As a result of the refusal, my husband and I did not order any wine in the restaurant for the rest of our second week( we had been purchasing one bottle each evening with our meal) and also did not have any further drinks in the bar at night time. The cost of this refusal of ice to the hotel works out at 70 euro for wine and approx. 25 euro per night for drinks for my husband and I and we had friends join us in the hotel for the second week on a B&B basis so the loss in the bar from them was also approx. 25 euro per night for 7 nights.
We had a brill time in the hotel and this is just to point out the cost of refusing one glass of ice to non inclusive guests.

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2012

AMAZING

Reviewed Sat 5th of May 2012

"This is a brilliant hotel we went all inclusive for 4days at a cheap price. We just come back today and the weather has been amazing just like the clear blue sea which is just a 5mins walk away. The local shops are just across the road and there is serveral resturants just minutes away. Everything is near by, taxi rank and the post box to post your post cards and all your holidays presents. The atmosphere is good and its was quiet as well and everyone is very friendly. The hotel its self is modern and well decorated and the people are very polite how ever make sure you men pack some trousers as your not allowed in the resturant for dinner unless your wearing long trousers how ever women can wear what they like. The staff are very helpful and friendly and very respectful. The facilities weren't fully avaiable when we went as we arrived the day after it opened for the season but the pool was freezing but fun and the spa was wonderful apart from there was no massagers, the jacuzzi was lovely and warm. The food was local and amazing they did english food but with there own food like chicken dinners but served like a buffet and its self service and unlimited drinks if you go all inclusive."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of May 2012

I have just returned from an 11-day holi...

Reviewed Tue 23rd of September 2008

"I have just returned from an 11-day holiday in Cala D'Or which was a fantastic resort.
Great restaurants and bars and a beautiful beach perfect for all ages. Overall it was a great holiday very relaxing etc. My only comment is with regard to the Hotel Tucan which was in a perfect position for both beach and shops, staff very helpful and friendly, rooms (whilst a little outdated) were spotless, towels changed very day and bedding twice a week, entertainment good and a lovely clean and safe pool unfortunately the food left a lot to be desired. There seemed to be no structure to the dining room and it was a case of sit anywhere when it was free - which at particular times was a but hectic. We were on a half-board basis - breakfast whilst not great was adequate but the evening meals were very poor. I think it was a case of trying to provide too many dishes instead of concentrating on 3 or 4 choices well prepared. It would because of this I feel the hotel should be rated more a 3 star and although I would stay there again it would only be on a bed and breakfast basis. This is not being written in a negative manner but simply to inform future guests - in general a great holiday, nice hotel and great situation."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of September 2008

This was an excellent hotel, very clean...

Reviewed Thu 5th of July 2007

"This was an excellent hotel, very clean with helpful staff. The food was always hot and well presented.

The breakfasts were same each day but plenty of choice with variety in the evening meals.

Entertainment every evening if you chose to watch it. But there was also lots to see outside the hotel.

The only drawback was the car parking, there were only about 12 spaces, and it was a tight squeeze getting in and out.

The beaches were very good with a safe swimming in the cove and the harbour was also a nice place to visit."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of July 2007

Relaxing Holiday - Great Location

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Just returned from 1 week at the Tucan Hotel & thoroughly enjoyed our visit to both the hotel & the resort.
Having stayed in a lot of 4star hotels throughout europe & usa, I would say that the Tucan in terms of rooms, communal areas, food etc is a very, very good high end 3star hotel. It just lacks that little bit of luxury that I would expect from a 4star.
In saying this, the rooms were spotlessly clean with maid service every day. Reception staff very helpful. Although we were half board we decided to eat only the breakfast as there are so many wonderful restaurants on the doorstep. Breakfasts were fine, cereals, cold meats, breads, cakes, hot selection etc something to get you going anyway.
Pool area good although you need to be an early riser to guarantee beds in prime spots. We'd go down about 9.30am to find majority reserved but unoccupied but this is common everywhere. Poolside snack bar opened but didn't look that appealing so we ate lunch at some of the closeby restaurants. Beach is a 2min walk away.
Food in the restaurants in cala d'or was to a very high standard - didn't have any dissapointing meals. Would totally recommend Acquarius restaurant at the marina, outstanding views & food to die for - staff really friendly. Also good for nice meals were El Caliu, Don Leone & Fernando's.
Not too much happens in resort after midnight - a few bars opened late, we frequented Dugan's and Upstairs - both good, especially upstairs for cocktails.
Would definitely go back to this hotel & resort in low-mid season again as I'm led to believe it gets very crowed in high summer. Good place to recharge the old batteries!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

Loved It!!!

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"First time to Cala D'or hotel recommended by travel agent - great choice.

O.K. so the hotel isn't a 4 star, as rated by travel company, but it is still a good 3 star. Rooms a little small, but as we don't spend that much time in there it was more than adequate. Always well cleaned with clean linen every day. Food was again adequate, not exciting, but you could always something to suit your taste. We arrived late evening (21,45) and were pleased to find that the restaurant didn't close until 22.30 and they made us feel really welcome, not rushing us out because it was late. The pool area is lovely with plenty of sun loungers and cushions available all the time. Probably what made this hotel was the staff - always very helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them. Great location, close to a beautiful beach, great for kids, shops and supermarket just across the road, and bars/restaurants only 2 minutes walk away. If you wanted to stay just B&B there are lots and lots of places to eat at reasonable cost. Steer clear of the cocktail bars - 8 Euros for a cocktail was a little high, but if you feel like splashing out, why not. We would definitely go back to this hotel and resort."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

good package holiday type hotel

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"We have just returned for a five night stay at the Tucan. Both Cala D'Or and the hotel were very busy and crowded, If you wanted a sunbed by the pool, you had to be there early, and the same was true of the beach, where you had to make your way through a completelylpacked sea if you wanted a swim. The hotel was fine....if you like that sort of thing. The rooms were small, not helped by the fact we were sharing wqith our four year old, but we had no rom left to swing a cat. We only eat breakfast there, which was adequate but nothing to write home about (powdered apple juice for example). On the plus side, there was nightly evening entertainment, which was a bit naff but kept us enetertained until the four year old was ready for bed. I hated Cala D'Or, too busy, too English, all the restaurants had basically the same menu. I suspect its much nicer out of season, with pretty beaches, but for me I was glad it was a short trip."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of August 2006

Not a bird of paradise but a likeable budgie

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"I recently stayed for three days at this hotel. It has a great location being that many small cove sandy beaches are nearby allowing you to explore somewhere different each day. The marina is stunning, whilst I have no interest in boats I can appreciate the luxury and elegance of the yatchts moored one after the other. The hotel has helpful staff and an individual sumptious reception area. My room was small especially the bathroom where it amazed me they fitted everything in. The food is the largest disappointment and the management of the restaurant. The restaurant has no view (its below ground level) and is therefore uninspiring and functional. The food is of very very limited choice for such a large number of guests and does not cater at all well for vegetarians. The person checking you are guest on entry does not check there are tables and so you have to wander about searching for a table which inevitably resorts in confusion and two sets of people sitting at the same table thinking it was free but that the guests had been at the buffet."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of July 2006

Hotels near Sentido Tucan

Top traveller tips for Sentido Tucan

• fiona1926 by fiona1926

"lots of restaurants near by even english ones. "

• Diabec by Diabec

"Do not relie on the hotel to entertain you. "

• Angela H by Angela H

"we did marieneland it was awesome also fntasy golf caves of drac are nice but really crowded "

• Helen W by Helen W

"Add a door to wardrobe put in a few drawers and add a bit of light espaeially on the balcony. "

Sentido Tucan is also called