Mar Hotels Ferrera Blanca

Sa Partio s/n, 07660 Cala d'Or, Majorca Spain

A great week in the sun

Reviewed Tue 2nd of October 2012

"Just back from Majorca stayed in this APART HOTEL it was all that was promised, clean friendly and intrusive. If there was a drawback it was the potential for noise from the apartment above us but such is life. The area is perfect for a quiet break with the potential of nightlife just 15 minutes walk away. There was no shop on site and on a Sunday that caused a problem but the staff were very helpful Would go back but look for a better placed apartment within the complex, with less chance of overhead noise. Late flight in meant a longer than expected transfer to the hotel. "

• Travel date: Mon 1st of October 2012

what a great holiday

Reviewed Thu 26th of July 2012

"Just come back from from the Ferrera Blanca where stayed with my girlfriend and little boy aged 3.
We had a great time and cannot fault it in any way.
The food is really good with theme nights during the week where mexican is the hightlight.
The rooms are comfortable and the bathroom is modern and well equiped.
The real difference about this hotel is the staff.
Professional, friendly and commited to making sure you had a great holiday and we certainly did."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of July 2012

Amazing!!!

Reviewed Sat 1st of October 2011

"Ferrera Blanca was a great hotel very clean and spaceous the balcony was big and i had a great view of the courts so i could watch the football and vollyball.

all the staff are really freindly and helpful,the pools are clean and big abit cold at first but thats only if you are a wuss!

Actvitys were brilliant with shooting,water polo,darts,splash ball,football and vollyball keeps you entertained if you dont want to sunbathe.

the entertainers were the best of all John,Cosmin,Chicco,Andreea and areena i thank them all for making my holiday the best it could be !! They are all so freindly and nice"

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of September 2011

Holiday to remember

Reviewed Fri 8th of July 2011

"Best ever holiday we have had,myself my wife my 2 sons booked in for 10 days AI which is the best option for this hotel.
The food was fantastic in both restaurants and the head chef was always out and about making sure that the guests
were kept happy.
Well, what can you say about the animacion team? Chicco,john,cosmin,andreea,carly and emma,they worked very long and hard hours to entertain everyone but did not hassle people which is good,we have never joined in activities before but this team made it so easy to get
involved.
It was all smiles and politeness from all the staff no matter what their job was considering the hours they put in.
We stayed in a suite which is spacious and has a cracking
shower,we were next to the stage which might not suit some people but was not a problem if it is ask for blocks
8,9 or 10.
Cala Ferrera beach is only minutes away the area of Ferrera is lovely and a 10 minute stroll takes you into
Cala D'or centre.
Give ferrera Blanca a try you wont regret it."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of July 2011

Fantastic family holiday

Reviewed Mon 27th of June 2011

"Just returned from a wonderful holiday at the Ferrera Blanca hotel in Cala D'or. Went with our 3 kids aged 10,8 and 6.

We've been all over Majorca but we found Cala D'or one of the nicest resorts there is, loads of shops, bars and restaurants within a few minutes walk from the hotel.

The room was very clean, towels changed daily and maids making beds, tidying up and emptying bins each day.

All inclusive was fab, drinks were not branded but tasted just the same and werent watered down like some hotels do, hubby thought the San Miguel was lovely!

Plenty of choice for breakfast, lunch and tea, gets a bit repetative as we stayed for 10 days but which all inclusive doesn't? We managed to find a different meal each day but ate out a few times for a change.

Entertainment team were great with the kids on an evening, getting them up onto the stage to join in with dancing. Usual bingo and singing/entertainment act each night, not everyones cup of tea but the kids enjoyed it.

No mosquitos either which was a bonus as I usually get bit in Majorca!

Staff all so friendly and smily and nothing too much trouble.

Just on the beach which is gorgeous, in a little cove but lots of space for sunbathing and splashing around.

All in all I couldn't fault this hotel, infact we could have stayed longer this year and I've usually had enough after 10 days.

I would defo recommend this hotel to families with children but maybe not couples as there are loadsa kids so go somewhere else if you want peace and quiet."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of June 2011

Couldn't ask for more

Reviewed Thu 26th of May 2011

"Travelled in party of 3 arrived to be greeted by helpful and curteous staff. Apartment clean and comfortable more than adequate for any holiday needs. Bit of a walk to the restaurant but we were blessed with good weather the food was varied and plentiful no surprises but enjoyable coupled with the free flowing wine. Staff were very friendly in every area of their customer service nothing appeared to be too much trouble. We would certainly use this hotel again. Well Done! "

• Travel date: Wed 25th of May 2011

2 star hotel cold food!!

Reviewed Mon 27th of September 2010

"stayed with my family and 2 year old still has gastro enteritis..food is cold although the hotel is nice and clean rooms small and noisy if you dont ask for a quiet room..staff helpful but entertainment not great..cala dor is like a poor blackpool dirty and rubbish pubs..dont go there go to menorca its in a different league...thought i would be honest as we had a terrible holiday.."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of September 2010

Great Value Family Holiday

Reviewed Thu 2nd of September 2010

"I arrived home from staying at the Ferrea Beach Apartments in Cala D'or on Tuesday 24/8/10.

My party consisted of myself, my husband and 2 children aged 10 and 6.

We booked out holiday approx 8 wks ago with Travel Republic and as we could not find these apartments in any brochures, we where a bit sceptical.

Well I must admit we where pleasantly suprised. Location is perfect, pool and surrounding area spotless. Pool Bar Staff very friendly.

We stayed half board and although there was not a vast choice in the Restaurant, the food could not have been better. Everything was freshly cooked and well presented. The staff in the Restaurant were very friendly and helpful, especially Yvonne. She was lovely with the children, nothing was too much trouble.

The one thing I would say is we stayed in standard apartment, which was very clean but a bit basic. If we do book again would probably pay a bit extra for superior apartment which have been recently refurbished.

Could also do with more sunbeds around the pool, if you where not by pool at 9.00 would not get a sunbed.

I would definately recommend these apartments and location. 5 Minutes walk to beach, 15 minute walk to centre of Cala D'or.

Great Holiday hope to return."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of August 2010

FANTASTIC

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"Just back from a seven night stay at this amazing hotel. What can I say without sounding like I have been paid to say it.
Cleanliness 10/10
Food 10/10
Staff 10/10
Entertainment team 12/10
Hotel amenities 10/10

Brilliant!!!!!!!

Would definitely recommend this hotel for families without hesitation.

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of July 2010

fab hotel, brilliant holiday

Reviewed Tue 20th of July 2010

"overall we had a fab time. booked this holiday for myself and my 14 year old daughter. We stayed for ten days, 5-15th july. booked through Travel Republic. I thought i had booked a suite which was separate bedroom and lounge/bathroom with sleeping in lounge (i understood this was the accomodation if you were all inclusive which we were) However at check-in we were given room with lounge area all in the same room which as not what i booked. Beware of this because this is what you get if you book through travel republic, i was told this at the hotel and if i wanted the suite i would have to upgrade at extra 10 euros per night! I wasnt at all happy with this and intend to take it up with travel republic. However we did upgrade and from then our holiday was fab. We were moved the next day after paying extra 90 euros. We were in block 14 next to pool, near entertainment which we watched in the evening. Mite be a bit noisy if you want to go to bed early! Have to say that the animation team were brilliant. Family hotel, lots and lots of kids, am ok with that but if you are not, dont go here. Food was lovely, plenty choice in main restaurant with italian restaurant downstairs if you want a change. All staff very pleasant, hotel and grounds spotlessly clean, staff work very hard to keep it like this, considering hotel was full this was excellent. Only problem we had was we had ants on our balcony, a few in our room but they didnt cause us any problem. Had problem getting sun beds, and the usual people getting up at about 7 and putting towels on beds. Also more parasols needed round pool areas. Two mins away is a beautiful beach, we went there a lot, although costs 11 euros 90 for all day. Also no all inclusive bar for this hotel at beach. There is an all inclusive bar but its for barcelo hotel. All in all would recomend this hotel, had brilliant holiday and would like to return. "

• Travel date: Mon 19th of July 2010

Fantastic holiday, would go back tomorrow!

Reviewed Fri 14th of May 2010

"I went with my partner and 2 yr old son on may 3rd 2010. We all had a fantastic holiday and are hoping to go back in september. The hotel is very modern and can not fault the cleanliness of the place, the cleaners work very hard. We stayed in an apartment suite which gave us the extra bedroom, the room was very nice and clean. there was flat screen tv however there was only one english channel which was disney channel. I must warn we found the apartment extremely cold in the morning this time of year so bring slippers and pjs. could of done with a kettle in the room but think they are available to hire for 10 euros. the entertainments team work extremely hard all day and the kids love them. they do aerobics, sports during the day, then childrens disco and entertainment in the evening. We all really enjoyed the food, even my 2 yr old tried almost everything, there is a huge variety and cannot fault it, however i would say that we probably wouldnt go there in peak season as there would be a rush for the food, dinner time did it quite busy. all food was fresh, and tasty, and you can have as much as you like. drinks were also great with selfserve soft drinks, wine and hot drinks at meal times. the bar man was always friendly and happy to serve. there was also self serve local beer and soft drinks outside near the pool. the pool areas were lovely and well maintained, we found the little pool was the quietest so we spent the majority of time here. overall I would definitely recommend this holiday to families as there is lots to do for the children, would also suite seniors and couples. great bargain holiday, we only spent 100 euros while we was there as everything is included."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of May 2010

Best Holiday ever

Reviewed Fri 9th of October 2009

"One of the best Holidays I've ever had, Good food, great staff, good entertainment team, easy relaxing hotel with everything going for it, I have stayed in 4/5 star hotels in the past which were nowhere as good as this one. This Hotel should be more then a 2 star rating, it really is nice. I will go back there again, we had an all inclusive with "On The Beach" Holidays booked 3 weeks before travel for less the £400 each, what value! "

• Travel date: Fri 9th of October 2009

Hotels near Mar Hotels Ferrera Blanca

Stayed at Mar Hotels Ferrera Blanca? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Mar Hotels Ferrera Blanca

• Cates Mum by Cates Mum

"Just chilled out but did go on the glass bottom boat "sea adventure" Excellent. "

• wannabe wiggo by wannabe wiggo

"Some rooms are near the entertainment if not a night owl ask for a quiet room "

• senioreuge by senioreuge

"Bring some light food to start you of on arrival. "

• kinghoney123 by kinghoney123

"do all the Activitys with the reps there brilliant!! "

• Tracy. by Tracy.