Inturotel Sa Marina

Avda Calonge s/n, 07669 Cala d'Or, Majorca Spain

Good
( 2025 reviews)

Fabulous *****

Reviewed Tue 30th of August 2011

"This was our third stay and as before we were not disappointed. The accommodation and rest of the hotel is spotless,with plenty of room for four people (2 adults 2 children). We stayed on a self catering basis which suits us as a family, as we have the best of both worlds with the selection of gorgeous restaurants on the doorstep and the choice of eating at the hotel during the day. The hotel is in a great location, with a short walk to the heart of Cala d'or and the beach only a 5-10 walk away. We have stayed at a few 4* hotels in the spain and portugal, but seem to compare it back to the Sa Marina as the quality and overall feel of the hotel is excellent.
We cannot fault this hotel and will definitely be back ! "

• Travel date: Thu 25th of August 2011

majorca

Reviewed Thu 26th of May 2011

"we have just returned from hotel sa marina with 2 babies 18months and 7 months. its a very clean hotel which was good but we found the maids came a bit 2 early (8.30) the swimming pools was very clean and my little one loved the baby pool the water was a bit cold but i think all pools are. we went self catering which we thought would be a good idea with babies but the cooking facilitys wasnt very good we only had 2 hobs which u cant cook many things on and the food was very exspencive to buy. because the floors are tiled you could hear people moving things around which for some strnage reason was all nite so didnt get much sleep and because we was the end apartment you could hear everyone goin up the stairs which again was in the nite. i think if we went to majorca again we would go to another part has there wasnt a great deal to do "

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of May 2011

What a Gem

Reviewed Mon 15th of June 2009

"OMG. If you are reading this review because your thinking of booking this hotel and you've got a good deal then stop reading now and book quick cause some other lucky sod my have already booked.

If you've already booked then believe me you wont be disapointed as you've just made the best holiday decision.

I know the above sounds corney but having just returned from two fantastic weeks at this hotel a couldn't wait to get to my computer and tell the world what a brilliant time we had.

myself, wife and four year old daughter.

There where some bad points so lets get them out of the way first.

The beds weren't the best, quite hard really, no differnet from other apartments I have stayed in, but they did take some getting use to. I would also suggest that you take your own pillows if you can as the hotel ones where awful.

Thats it for the bad points.

Location of the hotel in calador was perfect 5 mins to cala gran beach one way and 5 mins to marina the other. The area surrounding the hotel is very peacful with the pedestrianised area with all the restruants and bars a 2 minute walk away.

The hotel looks stunning from the outside easily the nicest one we saw whilst we travelled around the area. The complex is split in to 3 blocks. Block one is located around the first pool and contains reception, bar restruant and indoor pool(open winter only) and gym. block 2 in the middle has views on one side to the first pool and views to the other side to the second pool outside bar and stage. This block also contains the kids club. Block three overlooks the gardens beyond the second pool. We stayed in block two room 2210 which had a great view of the pool and the entertainment stage wich meant that if our daughter wanted an early night we could put her to bed and still watch the entertainment from our balcony you would think that this would mean the room would be noisy put that was not the case as once you closed the doors you could hear hardly anything and anyway the bar closes at midnight.

The rooms where increadably spacious with the added benefit of a kitchen area with maid service six times a week they all have large balconies with wicker furniture and all rooms in blocks one and two have access to the balcony from the bedroom which is a nice touch. all the rooms in blocks two and three have nice views but be warey of a room in block one as the poolview rooms could be next too reception and hence not very private or on the other side of the hotel facing the roads (which are not very busy).

The hotel public areas are spotless i even saw a maid polishing the outside plant pots one day.

Food is lovely and varied you will always find something to tempt you. also cava for breakfast.

The three members of the animation team Dorrith, Matt and Anna should be appauded as they never seemed to stop for the whole two weeks we where there in fact we hardly saw our daughter during the day. They do a great job keeping the kids and adults entertained which is a hard job with guests of different nationalities. The night time entertainment was a bit hit and miss with three professional shows a week with Dorrith and the gang filling in on the other days it has to be said that some of their shows where a bit poor but it provided a laugh between guests (watch out for grease). I was told that the full entertainment had not started yet as it was early in the season.

Overall I would definately recommend this hotel and would stay again.

Met a lot of return guests.

• Travel date: Sat 13th of June 2009

Very Satisfying Stay at Sa Marina

Reviewed Fri 22nd of May 2009

"Myself ,my Husband and our 1 yr old son stayed at the Sa Marina Cala D'or for 1 week on the 9/5/09. Hotel met all our requirements.food was excellent.Buffet Breakfast &buffet dinner with a large selection for both ourselves and the baby.
Staff were very friendly and especially the restaurant staff who were very good with all the children
Th only problems we had was that the pool was too cold but i think most hotels are the same and we had to pay €27.50 for the travel cot in the room.
Would recommend this hotel for families with young children and for retired couples.If i was going back again i would go later in the summer as the resort had only been opened 3 weeks whenever we arrived and it was very quiet and it also rained for a few days.
However if i was returning i would have no hesitation of staying at he Sa Marina.By far the best hotel in Cala D'or and very central"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of May 2009

outstanding run hotel

Reviewed Sat 11th of October 2008

"We returned from the Sa marina on the 14 sept2008. 5 adults and 2 children 2&6 years

Arrived at hotel and was located to our apartments which was in block 3 ( the new building) room 3108 overlooking the pool area and entertainment stage. No noise at night as the double glazed doors blocks any noise out. Apartments were very spacios and cleaned 5 times a week and this was a thourough clean not just a quick sweep around. I would advise requesting block 3 as if you are in block 1/2 you will use the pool by reception ( the one featured in all the brochures) I can assure you that pool gets very busy. Our pool did not and you could pick any sunbed even at midday..

We stayed self catering and glad i booked that as it was alot cheaper to book your meals with the reception. they had an offer on aswell if you paid for 3 nights meal it would cost 94euros for 2 adults and 2 children as the children under 12 eat free on this offer. This was well worth booking as the food was lovely and the gala night was fantastic.

You can rent towles from the reception area so this saves you taking your own and having to pay excess luggage that they all charge now. It was 15 euros per towle and this was refunded at the end of our stay. You can change the towles as often as you wanted also.

Entertainment for the children seemed pretty good although my children didnt bother. They did enjoy the childrens evening show though. The adults entertainment was also very good as it was different acts each night and nothing was repeated. The entertaiment team at the Sa Marina are very good and work very hard to make sure you have a good holiday.
Location was excellent for the shops bars and eatiers. And the beach was a 10 min walk away so not to far.

I would recommend that you book this hotel flights and transfers seperate but on you credit card for security reasons. You will save a huge amount of money i can assure you. I am a travel agent myself so i should know.

I would deffinatly go back to the Sa Marina and recommend it to families and couples."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of October 2008

Just got back froma two week holiday at...

Reviewed Thu 14th of August 2008

"Just got back froma two week holiday at the Sa Marina 2 days ago and it was definitely the nicest hotel we've stayed in. We had a great holiday and the Sa Marina definitely deserves it's four star rating!

There is entertainment around the newer pool and I really enjoyed it, the entertainment staff were all very friendly and definitely made staying at the sa marina more enjoyable. The announcements made weren't often and were just to let people know that the kids club and water polo were starting etc... and the evening entertainment was fun, the entertainment staff were very funny! There was definitely entertainment provided for all ages.

The bar next to the pool was fantastic, high quality food and drinks available there from 12 - 4pm, we ate lunch there alot! The other pool was much quieter so if you didn't want to be around the entertainment it was perfect.

The sunloungers were taken quite quickly, but that always happens on holidays. We did have to get up at around 8 to go and get the sunloungers but after 9am you could leave towels and go and get breakfast. There were normally sunloungers still available at 9am and by the end of the holiday sunloungers had also been provided in the grounds encase there wasn't room at the pool. The pools were both very clean and a perfect size.

Our room was spotless, a nice size and the beds were reasonably comfortable, the air conditioning was great (definitely needed it as it was 40 degress most of the time we were there), the bathroom was very clean and had good facilities. You could sometimes hear chairs scraping upstairs but very rarely, the sound wasn't a problem for us at all as we weren't in the apartment for most of the day anyway.

We stayed half-board so everday ate breakfast and dinner in the hotel and the food was fantastic, every night there was lots of variety for both dinner and dessert, as there was in the morning also. The restaurant and bar staff were extremely friendly.

There was also a free gym that you could go in any time of the day which was good and reception staff were friendly. The whole hotel was very well presented and always extremely clean! The maid service was very good!

Overall had a fantastic holiday and we're definitely going back to the Sa Marina in the future, we would recommend it to anybody!"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of August 2008

I have just returned from a week at this...

Reviewed Thu 14th of August 2008

"I have just returned from a week at this hotel with my family including 2 young children. In line with most reviews I have seen, I agree that this hotel generally deserves its 4 star rating with staff extremely helpful and polite, accomodation tidy and reasonably spacious.

I will get the gripes out of the way first. Due to the fact all of the floors are tiled and the furniture is relatively heavy and movable, there was a fair amount of noise from other apartments as people dragged chairs to the table etc, but in truth most of the noise was confined to the day time and did not really interfere with sleep. The thing that did interfere with sleep, and which in my view was the worst aspect of the holiday was the beds. Every morning I woke early with dreadful back ache (as did my wife) which was not a great start to the day. On the final night I experimented by sleeping on the couch bed and this actually turned out to be far more comfortable than the main bed !! the kids slept in the main bedroom and seemed unaffected.

We were positioned to the side of the hotel on the ground floor in close proximity to the surrounding trees and a busy road. This resulted in limited sunshine hitting the terrace during the day (not a massive problem as it was about 23 degrees in the shade anyway!). The noise from the road was slightly irritating but without ever becoming overwhelming.

On the positive side the room was air conditioned, the bathroom was a good size with decent shower (watch out for hot / cold fluctuations though !!)the quality of the furniture (excluding the beds) was very good, we were able to use the free gym every morning (which helped to lossen up the back !) and the outdoor pool was excellent (would recommend getting there early if you want a sunbed..), and the maid service was regular and very efficient & friendly.

There is a huge choice of local resteraunts (would particularly recommend Mamma Mia's Pizza Resteraunt - we ate there 2 nights - is very close to hotel) and even better was Los Gauchos Steakhouse which is next to Mamma Mias (ribs and steaks were outstanding as was the service) where we also ate twice and everyone cleaned their plates. We did not eat at the hotel in the end as we like to be slightly more adventurous but this probably did end up costing us far more (average 80 euros per night including drinks). I understand that the hotel food is very good.

The weather was superb with pretty much unbroken sunshine every day and we tried two beaches, both of which were very busy but perfect for kids with gentle sloping sand and warm clear sea. One beach we visited took around 10 minutes to walk to (there are a couple more local beaches), the other was a 45 minute ride on the local "train" (30 mins by bus). The kids had a ball in the main pool and made several friends along the way. The best pool time was from 4.30pm onwards when it was slightly less busy, still really hot and there were plenty of sunbeds & parasols available.

I would definately return to this hotel but would be more careful about my room selection next time.

• Travel date: Thu 14th of August 2008

We a family of 4 (2 kids 6 +3) stayed in...

Reviewed Tue 12th of August 2008

"We a family of 4 (2 kids 6 +3) stayed in Sa Marina for 2 weeks, The hotel is very clean and staff were always polite. Maid service was very good. There are 2 pools to choose from, 1 having the Pool bar/restaurant and both were clean + tidy, Read some comments on this site about noisy kids and no Sunloungers but show me kids that aren’t noisy especially when they are on there holidays. Sunloungers could not be reserved till 9am when the pools open, if any towels were on a bed the staff removed it every day we were there. Some days there were beds available even after 10am. Entertainment was on each night, was OK to watch if you fancied it and drinks were cheaper than some of the bars out in town. Happy hour was not a mad stampede as in one of the feedbacks left; you may have to wait 5 mins no longer. Entertainment team worked well at entertaining the kids with a kids club in the morning and in the afternoon and also did some of the evening entertainment themselves. At the Hotel we paid for a meal voucher which entitles you to 3 breakfasts + 3 evening meals + kids are free. Food was buffet style with a wide range of foods and kids did not complain either. This was worth the £110 as found eating out a bit expensive in Cala Dor especially with the poor euro rate. Meal for 4 of us with a couple of drinks ranged from £50 to £80. I would recommend this hotel as it deserves its 4 star rating and will revisit in the future."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of August 2008

we have stayed in cala D Or 4 times befo...

Reviewed Tue 8th of July 2008

"we have stayed in cala D Or 4 times before but never in this hotel, we where very impressed on how clean it was, but also how noise the room was, we also got told off for having a towel over the balcony rail a note was left in our room and towel removed, but we do enjoy the place .
one more item never bother with any thomas cook reps as they have no idear on how to look after customers , on rep took us to the hotel no rep told us when or were welcome meeting was and at the airport going home are seat allocation was mixed up so when we spoke to are rep and was told that sorry im new and dont no what to do "

• Travel date: Tue 8th of July 2008

We arrived back from the Sa Marina Frida...

Reviewed Sun 22nd of June 2008

"We arrived back from the Sa Marina Friday 20th June 2008 from our, what was supposed to be an 11 night stay, which turned out to be a 3 night stay. We have stayed at the Sa Marina 4 times before and it has always been a pleasant and enjoyable stay, not so this time!
Since the completion of the new block it seems standards have slipped somewhat.

We arrived on Monday 9th June around 2pm, the reception staff helpful and friendly as usual, very clean and well lit and what we had come to expect, until we got to our room that is!
The room was lovely, spacious and clean but the problem was with the noise levels. It seems the Sa Marina is no longer the place for a quiet relaxing holiday anymore as practically every room was occupied by families with young or very young children.
Now don't get me wrong, I love a cute baby or toddler much as the next person but after looking forward to this holiday after our stressfull jobs in the UK we didn't really want to listen to constant crying, shouting, screaming, running around, dragging furniture across the floor etc... etc.... it was awful. Our "neighbours" on one side were particularly at high volume constantly so we complained to reception, they told us that other people had complained too but not to worry because the occupants were leaving the next morning, phew I thought, thats a relief, we can relax a little bit now, NO SUCH LUCK, after they left they were replaced by an equally noisy family! We had noise from above, both sides and below, I can't tell you how destressing it was.
The new pool area was like a kiddie club at Butlins with, wait for it Happy Hour!!! Don't try to get served during this debacle, I thought my husband had got lost as it took him 35 minutes to get served!! Getting a lounger is impossible but I wouldn't have wanted to TRY to relax around that pool area anyway, the day is punctuated by VERY LOUD announcements from the entertainment lady that there will be bingo soon, BINGO!! amoungst other entertainment delights, NOT. We escaped after this to various beaches every day.
We tried to live with it but after 3 nights we booked out and escaped to the peaceful tranquility of the Melia Cala D'Or Hotel for the remainder of our stay.

As I previously stated, we have stayed here 3 times before and even recommended it to my parents. It used to be a lovely place to stay and I am sad that its changed but surfice to say we will never ever go back. We were not the only couple upset, the dining room was a place we could swap horror stories as there were quite a few people just like us who had stayed before and were wondering what on earth had happened to the place. Thank goodness we had booked independantly and not on a package or we would have been trapped there.
The Sa Marina itself is extremely clean everywhere and the staff very nice and helpful but this is just a warning to any couples or quiet families who want a relaxing holiday - DO NOT STAY AT THE SA MARINA !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of June 2008

On the whole my family and I had a fanta...

Reviewed Fri 20th of June 2008

"On the whole my family and I had a fantastic holiday at this resort. infact we spent most of it in and around the hotel. Great place to spend a week with kids. Good kids club. Although we could not get our two boys out of the fantastic swimming pool. So my wife and i just relaxed by the pool most of the time. The wonderful staff would serve drinks and snaks all day at the pool side. The Thomas Cook welcome meeting is a complete waste of time. If you want to book anything the rep will be in reception at the stated times if hes not late.
Rooms are nice and clean although beds are a bit naf. Rooms have good facilities and are airconditioned. The fridge comes in real handy too.
Dinning room is very clean. The staff and the food are great. Everything is selfservice. But becarefull not to leave your drinks unatended when going up for food !
On the whole we found cala d or Expensive, even the simplest of things seemed to be over priced. Beware of the Jungle eatery - it was filthy and overpriced.
There was an excelent choice of excursions too. We went to the 'Pirates' evening which was a realy brilliant show to watch well worth the 250 euor for the 4 of us. But they do try very hard to extract more money from you as the show goes on we bought some very over priced swords for 12 euros each. ouchh... But what the hell were on a fantastic holiday.

All the above is MY OWN HONEST OPINION ONLY. and you should do your own research before making any judgements."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of June 2008

Great hotel, really really clean. Maid...

Reviewed Wed 11th of June 2008

"Great hotel, really really clean. Maids always did a great job as did all hotel staff. Pool area cleaned every night - spotless.
Mini disco for the kids with reps doing a mini dance show and the kids joining in everynight - good for 2-8year olds.
2 pools of similar size. Perhaps not enough sunbeds due to others reserving them.
Location is good and quiet. 2 minutes walk from shops and 5 from big supermarket.
Beach 10minutes away. Really great holiday - we will go back."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of June 2008

Hotels near Inturotel Sa Marina

Stayed at Inturotel Sa Marina? Share your insight.

Inturotel Sa Marina is also called