Hostal Oasis D'Or

Calle Dels Revells d'or 30, 07660 Cala d'Or, Majorca Spain

A Nice No Frills Hotel

Good

"I was meeting up with family in Cala D'or and I booked Oasis as a cheap place to stay while I there. Although basic the room was very clean and it was just what I was expecting. The family who run this hotel are very friendly and helpful and the hotel is very close to the beach and plenty of restaurants and bars. "

• Travel date: Fri 28th of March 2014

great family run hotel

"my friend and I have just returned after six nights b an b what a fab little place to stay.we were very welcomed by marrio and all his family.we will be back 100 percent.x"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of September 2011

A Special Find..

Good

"Just returned from a week at the Oasis D'or, although a little apprehensive before arrival, had no need to be. A lovely little hotel, run by an even lovlier family. Although prepared by the reviews, the decor and rooms were basic and dated but clean and the charm and personal touch of the place shined through. The family couldn't do enough for you and Mario Jnr was fantastic at making you feel at home. The pool area was very good with a little snack bar and you didn't struggle to find a sunbed, no matter what time of day you came up to sunbathe (a big plus!). It was central to the beach and restaurants which was great for myself with a young child. If I return to Cala D'or, I wouldn't hesitate staying at the Oasis D'or again, loved it...."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of August 2011

Oasis D'Or Cala D'Or

"The hostal was quite basic, but clean.
Breakfast is ok, toasties, scrambled egg, juice etc. Something different each day, all served by Mario Jnr.

The downside is if you are put at the front of the hostal, it is extremely noisy at night, with people getting in at 5am in the morning shouting. The traffic is also very noisy.

DO NOT SHOP AT ALBA SUPERMARKET (Spar) at the end of the road.

The man in there rips you off!! Charges different prices for items each time you go in!"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of August 2009

little gem

"what nice place would go back and may do in october rooms are basic but clean maid service everyday but sunday Maria makes the best scrambled eggs in the world Fact plenty to do pool is clean with toilets and showers and a bar most days its like having your own pool with most people using the beach PP Chaves is the place to eat for value for your money "

• Travel date: Tue 28th of July 2009

Little Gem

Good

"Lovely traditional hostel in a great location. Rooms very clean, beds and towels changed every day apart Sunday. Maria and Mario SNR and JNR made us feel very welcome. Breakfast is good but not great. We have booked again for next year.

Visit Puerto Petro for a relaxing evening out in one of the harbour side bars or restaurants. Cala Mondrago and Puerto Colom both have nice beaches."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of February 2009

Loved it!!!

"after going there for 10 days with my partner our overall opion of the oasis d'or is that we would definatly go back again and again. first time i have ever stayed in such a small place but thats what made it stand out. They were a lovely family that ran the hotel and always happy to help. The pool was great...wasnt over packed...lovely and relaxing. Breakfast wasnt much but you get what you get for the amount it costs to stay.
Rooms were kept very clean. Only wish we would have had a fridge in the room though. would wake up when thirsty and drink lovely warm water due to no air-conditioning in the room.
The oasis was in a great location. Quiet at night and extremly close to the beach. far enough away from loud bars so no noise at all at night. would definatly stay again.

• Travel date: Thu 15th of January 2009

Family members just stayed here for 9 da...

"Family members just stayed here for 9 days...Whilst basic, they were very very happy with standard of accomodation. Never heard them say a bad word. We went to their pool a couple of times, lovely, quiet, big and poolside bar till 4pm. Rooms were clean and tidy but basic, no tv, air con etc...but they said the management very friendly. Problem guests were swiftly dealt with by staff the following morning. All in all, a bargain of a stay!"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2008

my friend and i have just returned from...

"my friend and i have just returned from a weeks stay at the oasis do`r and it was lovely!!!the rooms are basic but clean and you have a shower and bath in your bathroom.towels get changed every day apart from sunday.mario,mario jnr and maria are all lovely and if theres anything they can do to help you they will.the pool is a perfect size for the hotel and was very quiet in the day as people use the beach which is a 2 min walk away from the hotel.food in the hotel was ok it caters for everyones taste.i wasnt to keen on the ham and cheese toasties for breakfas but my friend enjoyed them.cala d`or itself is a nice place to go with lots of friendly places to eat and drink great karaoke bar is the holywood bar!the more you go up into the town prices get expensive including shops.its a lovely walk down to the marina its about a half hours walk.cala gran beach the main one is lovely but you have to get there early in order to grab a lounger as it gets very busy durin the day.We had great fun here and are thinking about returning with our partners next year.the only thing i will say is make sure you take plenty of money with u as its easy 2 run out here!"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of August 2008

my friend and i have just returned from...

• Travel date: Thu 14th of August 2008

myself and my partner have just returned...

"myself and my partner have just returned from a week at the oasis d'or. the nice bits are- very central, lovely pool area, rooms cleaned nearly every day.
bad bits- no aircon so beware cos its stifling in the rooms, breakfast is rubbish, hotel is very dated and a bit like faulty towers.
cala d'or resort is lovely, but a bit pricey for drinks. would go back to resort but not to the hotel...................."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of July 2008

My wife & I have just returned from our...

"My wife & I have just returned from our stay at the Oasis D'Or. I can honestly say we had a fantastic stay at this small & very friendly hotel.
The location of the hotel could not be any better, with bars & restaurants on your doorstep, along with a superb beach just across the road.

The accomodation is basic & very clean with ensuite bathroom & toilet, for me this is ideal as you only sleep & shower in your room, we had a balcony with a lovely view of the hotel pool, which we used every night with a nice bottle of wine.

We stayed b&b, which again was first class, with a variety of choices every morning, which set us up nicely for the day. The breakfast is served by a waiter (Mario) which always brightened up our morning, with his bright & bubbly personality whilst serving breakfast.

The pool area once again was spotless, with a pool bar & very clean pool toilets, we had no problem with sunbeds as there are ample for everyone, also the pool area has plenty of tables & chairs, where we sat with a nice jug of Sangria most days. We found the pool area quiet & relaxing, as I think most people used the beach just across the road.

The Hotel has an alfresco dining area for the evening, where we enjoyed the best paella we have ever had, which Maria had freshly prepared for us, with Mario (senior) serving the food & drinks.

I would recommend the Oasis D'Or to anybody wanting a brilliant holiday in Majorca, as this accomodation is so well situated, you can either have a relaxing peaceful holiday, or you can have a lively holiday, everything is so close by, you really are spoilt for choice.

The Sanchez family (Mario Maria & Mario junior) who own this hotel, are really welcoming & friendly, with nothing too much trouble, they really try & make sure you have a brilliant holiday & they succeeded with us & everyone else staying at their hotel.
Everyone we spoke to had nothing but praise, with most people returning to this hotel for years, I can see why they do & I certainly will return, in fact me & my wife can not wait."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of June 2008

Hotels near Hostal Oasis D'Or

Stayed at Hostal Oasis D'Or? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hostal Oasis D'Or

• Sue & James by Sue & James

"Would recommend hiring a fan as with no air con, the room was extremely warm. "

• "Forgot the name...it looks like a hut with loads of fake safari animals everywhere and a few parrots "