Gavimar Cala Gran Costa del Sur Hotel & Resort

This was my fourth time in Cala D'or but...

Good
Reviewed Sun 9th of July 2006

"This was my fourth time in Cala D'or but my first time in these apartments - we usually do allocate on arrival and end up all the way over in Cala Ferrera so it was great to be right in the centre of the resort. We arrived late after a delay at Exeter airport but one of the closest restaurants was only too happy to open up their kitchen and cook us whatever we wanted which was a great start.

The apartments were fine - clean and comfortable. Our air con was broken although we didn't need it so never asked them to fix it - I'm sure it would have been done had we asked. Our balcony was small but got the evening sun which was great. The pool was a really good size but I didn't think there was enough room around it. The weather wasn't great when we were there so we didn't sunbathe but It may have been a problem had we wanted too. Unless you positioned yourself practically on the edge of the pool you were in the shade.

It can get a little bit noisy at night due to the close proximity of the other hotels and the music tribute bar - but you have to expect some noise when you go on holiday. Oh, the generators start at 3.30am too and these are really noisy (you don't expect that sort of noise!)

As I said, it was really great to be so close to Cala Gran beach and all the restaurants and shops. I have stayed in nicer apartments but the location really made up for this. The last thing you want to do when you've had a really nice evening and a couple or more glasses of rose is to trek back to the far reaches of the resort!

I love Cala D’Or - its got everything you need for a great holiday - the only downside is the transfer time which can take 2 hours or sometimes more. We came back without a tan but still having had a really great holiday. I would definitely go back to these apartments."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of July 2006

I have just had a fantastic week at thes...

Reviewed Thu 29th of June 2006

"I have just had a fantastic week at these apartments. I went with my husband and 2and half year old daughter. On arrival a porter yes a porter helped us to our one bed room apartment with our cases first impressions the grounds where very well kept and spotlessly clean. Our apartment was fantastic very well equipped with everything we needed even soap in our bathroom which was changed every time we needed it. The maids came every day and cleaned, brushed and moped everyday and if you put your towels on the floor they where changed every day too.

There was a TV in our room which had a varied amount of sky TV from BBC choice to children’s BBC which was a godsend for our little girl while we were getting ready to go out.

The staff were very helpful and ordered us a taxi whenever we needed one.

The hotel entertainment was ok done in three different languages but the singers sang in English it was just the quizzes etc that got a bit annoying but that is the only thing I could fault if you would call it that.

It is right in the heart of the centre with the beach literally a stone throw away and it is beautiful.

Its a real family hotel with plenty of space inside too with various rooms to sit and relax in, games room, TV lounge, pool room and even a beautiful relaxing room with a grand piano just waiting to be played. I have read reviews on this hotel and was very worried before I went and now I am convinced that there has to be two Cala Gran hotel apartment because they can’t be talking about this one.

I am sure you will have a fab time as we did. "

• Travel date: Thu 29th of June 2006

The apartments were nice. When we got th...

Good
Reviewed Tue 23rd of May 2006

"The apartments were nice. When we got there someone took are cases for us to our apartment we had a pool view of the hotel.

We went the first week in October we had three days of sunshine and the rest was drizzly rain. There was no entertainment during the day but in the evening there was some entertainment in a little bar in the hotel section. The food was nice when we had a meal at the hotel also the town and the beach was a 5 min walk there were lots of restaurants in the town lots to choose from. The beach was nice also when the sun came out.

We went on a glass bottom catamaran around the bay which was nice. Also we went to see the show pirates in Magaluf which was excellent plenty to drink and eat in the price well worth to see.

Our apartment was to far up 4 flights of stairs. The swimming pool was cold the sea was warmer than the swimming pool."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of May 2006

I wouldn’t recommend this place to nob...

Reviewed Sat 19th of November 2005

"I wouldn’t recommend this place to nobody it’s a holiday from hell. We got to the apartments at 11pm to find our room was flooded, there was ants and bugs in the room as well.

The staff are very rude, no my travel rep to be seen. Had to stay up all night in lobby to wait till next morning for a rep still was refused to be moved room. Wasn’t told on booking about the HDC Mallorca bikers club that hold there meetings there revving there bikes all hours of the night and shouted.

Food was the worse ever. The pool ladder came out the ground when the child with us climb on it there was no chlorine in the pool the pool is full of cracks and is dangerous there are also steep steps near pool when wet someone could slip and hurt there self.

That was our 1st holiday together and the worse ever we came home after 48 hrs we would never book with Airtours again."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of November 2005

I am in my fifties and so is my partner....

Reviewed Tue 31st of May 2005

"I am in my fifties and so is my partner. We booked up on line and took a late deal. When we arrived it all went very smoothly.

We were very pleased with our accommodation. and we had the pool outside of our patio doors. The hotel was very well presented and the staff were great. Loads of restraunts and not too many bars. The beach is perfect and a stones throw from the Hotel.

I will go back there in October and take my young granddaughter as it is perfect for children and couples alike."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2005