Blue Sea Club Martha's

Carrer des Parc de La Mar 6, 07660 Cala d'Or, Majorca Spain

Good
( 1950 reviews)
Good

Never ever consider this place to stay.

Reviewed Mon 6th of July 2015

"The staff are a waste of space [unless you want to hire anything you require for self catering, must be on bonus' who ever needs to hire a kettle S/C]
Put me off Cala Dor, and Majorca for life, never be back"

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of July 2015

Mixed thoughts

Reviewed Thu 29th of August 2013

"We arrived at Club Martha at 11am to be told that out rooms would be ready at 2pm. We were a party of 3 adults and two children. We had booked 2 apartments half board. Both apartments turned out to be self cratering studios. The Living/bedroom/kitchen area was less than 10ft x 15ft. The two sofas doubled up as single beds! I went to reception to complain and was told the hotel was fully booked and couldn't be moved. I asked where the third bed was. We got back to the room later that day to find a folding camp bed. Neither of my children wanted to sleep on this so I spent 7 nights with my feet hanging over the edge!! The two other beds/sofas where just sponge on a wood. We had the room cleaned twice with fresh towels over the stay. You had to pay for everything from table tennis, TV, Wi-Fi, etc..

The food started off very well but seemed to go down hill as the holiday progressed. The buffet breakfast was good apart from one day when they where frying burgers rather than eggs!

Both my children (9&6) really enjoyed the daytime kids clubs and the evening entertainment this I give 10 out of 10 for. However the same songs and activates did where a bit thin after the 3rd night! The adult entertainment didn't start until 10.30pm by which time my children where ready for bed. I couldn't get to sleep until 12pm when the music stopped. I guess this is designed to keep you spending in the bar (until I found out people where going back to their rooms to top up their drinks!!)

The sun loungers were a joke you had people queuing up at 9am waiting for them to be un-padlocked then take 6 each and not even use them until later that afternoon. All the pool sides are cramped with everyone on top of each other.

Overall the hotel is clean and the staff are friendly but I wouldn't go back due to the room size and the average food. "

• Travel date: Sat 17th of August 2013

I will be back

Reviewed Tue 21st of May 2013

"Where can I start,Club Martha's is a great place to stay,the hole place is clean and well kept the staff are really good the hole complex is very very good two outdoor and one indoor pool's, entertainment every night just a very nice place to stay.Cala Egos is a lovely resort one small beach at the bottom of the high st behind the hotel Corfu and a other at the top just over the round about going toward the castle.Cala D'or is only five minutes away.My wife and I will most definitely be going back.Ho yes for those how are self catering behind yates's bar there is a euroski super market sell's every thing and cheap as chips avoid the spar's."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of May 2013

Excellent Club Marthas

Reviewed Wed 22nd of August 2012

"Clean, because they are always cleaning , happy s, helpful staff, fantastic evening entertainment with in house shows or brought in shows except the Parrot show with Fernando and Pablo and strangely one called Ashley !if you have young kids the y will like this show as ell as the energetic Molly disco from 8,30pm dutch entertainers but who cares the language of fun is universal, as they put so much energy and enthusiasm in. They also speak great English and Spanish.
Buffet is excellent value variety is good and in Cala Egos, high is5 minute walk from hotel there are numerous restaurants the Popular and cheap Tonys the fairly priced Bar Lomer ith great food, and cocktails and a manager who runs it on few staff he is a really nice nice man and entertaining to watch, Also, recommend the El Pescador straight on by the roundabout then take the first right off the main road 10 minutes walk great outdoor BBQ from a Swiss chef ribs n steaks to die for, for a bit more up market at higher prices but excellent food try La Marinara next to Tonys.
For Tapas got to be the friendly La Tabernica, next to the Indianan Johns restaurant, great service and try everything in La Taberneca.
Marthas has air condition rooms several pools with life guard, it doesget busy by the pool and the 9am sunbed dash isa must, its usually the Brits that do it not just the Dutch.
For self catering the cheap supermarket is Euroski, 10 minutes walk or try the Spar next to Tonys, more local isthe little local spar, turn right out of hotel instead of left and 45seconds later you are. Cala egos has beaches nearby chemists, bars, souvenir shops, and is not rowdy, Visit beaches at Cala Mondrago, Cala Gran, Cala ferreira, and Cala Esmerelda by bus, taxi, or mini train, BEWARE Siesta time 12 till 3pm no bus or mini train.
Marthas rooms are comfy but basic but who wants to spend their hols in a room, daily entertainment for children, older children, teenagers, and adults, Volleyball , football, tennis darts archery, water polo fun games rifle shooting and more do as much or as little as you want its free. "

• Travel date: Tue 21st of August 2012

Binghams visit Club Martha in Majorca

Reviewed Wed 18th of July 2012

"First of all , we normally holiday in greece but decided that because of the greek economy we would try Majorca , Great looking Hotel , very clean and rooms are spacey and quite modern.air conditioning is free.
No complaints at all very secure. we went self catering and buffet breakfast.Staff very pleasant and the carry on at the pool is entertaining if you like that sort of thing. pool is good but i think in my opinion theres no where near enough beds for the amount of guests.There is entertainment at night again if you like that sort of thing.The hotel is in fact in cala egos and not cala dor.Cala dor is 20 minutes walk away through the marina.there are 3 beaches near by but again are just coves and very busy.Cala Egos had more than enough restaurants , shops and a few bars with a market stall taking over the main street on the weekend."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of July 2012

totally brilliant

Reviewed Fri 15th of July 2011

"Perfect for families with kids, four pools to choose from. Accomadation great (had a ground floor studio with garden).
Reception efficient, staff friendly, entertainment every night, food great and plentiful (buck fizz for breakfast!)
Thanks Matias"

• Travel date: Wed 6th of July 2011

Excellent Venue

Reviewed Mon 23rd of May 2011

"We are just back from a week staying at the Club Martha, Cala D'Or on the eastern cost. An extremely clean and well equipped hotel. Excellent suites with lounge/kitchenette/dining area, good sized bedroom and well appointed bathroom. A pleasant balcony overlooking the larger of the four pools (one of these indoors).

The staff are very pleasant and I cannot rate them highly enough, they are attentive without being over baring. They are accomplished in multiple languages and carry out there duties with a smile and politeness. There is entertainment every night for those that want to see it in the open air stage (finishing around 12 midnight). Although we did not have any children with us there is plenty for them to do.

The town centre is about 20 minutes walk and takes you passed an impressive marina, there is a beach within 5 minutes walk and was a typical narrow cove with white sands. It was small but there are other beaches near by.

Cala D'Or is a very well kept town/resort with lots to do and see, although we took advantage of the hire car picked up from the airport to cover some 1,200 kilometres touring the island. There are some spectacular roads with impressive vistas at every turn.

Would we go back? - definitely. Would we stay at Club Martha again? - ABSOLUTELY."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of May 2011

A holiday to suit all ages

Reviewed Tue 25th of May 2010

"If you want a holiday that ticks all the boxes, then you must choose Club.

I just couldnt wait until I arrived home to write a review, such has been the wonderful time we have experienced. My husband is retired & suffering from Parkinsons disease and spent 3 weeks in hospital from 29 March. Obviously, I was concerned that Club Marthas might not suit him. HOW WRONG I WAS! Everyone, from Maria Jose, who has certainly earned her title of ´Customer Relations´, the maid service, receptionists Gaye, Tina et al, Natalies bar staff, Mariana, Manuela, Jesus, Sebastian, Franc et al, Moogies bar staff, Enrique, Mariana and all the previously mentioned bar staff, et al, the restaurant staff (so sorry, I cant remember all their names) but Mariana or Enrique were a constant presence and ensuring prompt service. All were a credit to their respective professions. All treated us and other guests like they´d known us forever! They actually care that their guests have a good holiday. That is why so many guests come back year after year. Anytime my husband wasn´t seen with me, staff would enquire about his well-being. Now, hubbys health permitting, we hope to add to the list of returning guests.

The 1 bedroom apartment is a good size, well equipped with all you need, with a HUGE balcony that has 2 sun loungers, (very unusual in most resorts I´ve been to in the world), a table and 4 chairs. We were all inclusive so didn´t require a kettle, toaster etc. When ever we wanted a cuppa, we simply put cups of water in the microwave, added the tea-bags afterwards and bingo! A lovely cup of tea.

The food is delicious and varied. I´m sure I´ve put on 5 lbs already! The entertainment was often hilarious, esp. for the children (which us ´older children´ loved too!). The evening with the entertaining parrots had us all laughing our hearts out. The Rod Stewart tribute excellent, ditto the Grease evening. The Beatles night and last night a tribute Mowtown band, The Majestics, that had us all up dancing. Simply wonderful. A blast from my past, all of them. There´s lovely shops, bars, restaurants just around the corner selling all you could ever want on holiday.

The most predominant sound in Club Marthas is that of childrens laughter and/or singing. From what I could see, they were kept entertained day & evening, giving worn out parents a rest, or having great fun by one of the many pools. They thought it was very funny to see a Granny with armbands on (me)! I could go on & on & on but I´m sure you have now realised that I LOVE this place and it´s already breaking my heart that I have to go home next week.

Club Marthas is a well earned 4 star resort with 7 star staff - that is NO exageration!

So, if you havent made up your minds yet where to go for a wonderful holiday, look no further than CLUB MARTHAS! Worth every penny.

As Arnie says, "I´ll be back .........)

• Travel date: Fri 21st of May 2010

Lovely place!

Reviewed Tue 30th of June 2009

"Me and my lovely wife Freida have just returned from a cracking week at Club Marthas in Cala Egos. We found the apartments very clean and modern, T.V, kettle, toaster were available at an additional cost, though we did not use these. The air conditioning units in the apartment were a god send!

The cleaners were very pleasant and friendly.

The main pool area was very crowded, and the german & dutch influence around the poolside was particularly annoying - saving loungers despite not using them all day. The entertainment staff were annoying, coming into the pool area to try and gather people for activities such as volleyball and kept on 'breaking out' in 'europop' dances!! We went to the beach more often (which is a 5 min walk away), 2 sunloungers and a parasol were available for hire for 12 euros a day. There are plenty of places to eat at near to the hotel, but we chose to walk into cala d'or instead on most evenings.

The marina is very pleasant (around 20 mins walk away), with plenty of quality restaurants, and Cala D'or centre is a further 20 mins walk away. We chose to walk into Cala D'or most evenings and got a taxi back for 6 euros."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of June 2009

club martha cala d'or

Reviewed Fri 19th of June 2009

"lovely clean rooms ,friendly staff , over all a fantastic holiday . i would book to go again. susan and tony from bury lancs ."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of June 2009

fantastic 5th Holiday

Reviewed Tue 16th of June 2009

"Have just spent a fantastic 2 weeks at Club Marthas.Myself,my Husband and 2 lively children (6 and 9)My 9 year old son loved every minute of the daytime entertainment football,shooting,waterpolo,tabletennis,volleyball and shoola?.My 6 year old daughter went to molly club a few of the days but spent some time playing in the pool. My 40! YR OLD Husband really enjoyed volleyball,archery,football.They also received some certificates for their successes. We also met quite a few guests who have holidayed in previous years at the same time as ourselves. The evening entertainment was fantastic the entertainment team work really hard and you can tell how much they love their job . we saw an Elvis tribute band which isnt something we would generally watch but wow we had a great evening .We ate out a lot and liked to try different restaurants only complaints are the terrible lollies given to the children at the end of the meal!We were sorry to be leaving but will be back next year"

• Travel date: Mon 15th of June 2009

Submitted by miss Inga P.

Reviewed Thu 7th of May 2009

"I booked Club Marthas for 5 ngts on a self catering basis, wanted half board, but this option was not available on Internet.
All flights and transfers were on time and well organised.
The hotel reception has a modern contemporary feel. We were dealt with by reasonably friendly hotel team; however our room was not ready until 1pm. We got room on the ground floor at first; it was dark, felt dump, with limited view.
I got phobia living on the ground floor, therefore I asked to give us another room higher. We got another room, studio on the third floor, with beautiful view onto the sea.
Studio wasn't spacious with quite uncomfortable beds and pillows. Sheets were changed once, but towels weren't change at all. Cleaning was poor and cleaning lady for whatever reason took my facial mitt; maybe by mistake? Air conditioning was not working. On TV there weren't any English programs apart from one American news program. The very last day there was a power cut that was not resolved until late evening. Our warm water supply also was cut off.
Overall the hotel is situated in a great location, with fascinating landmarks, low-white buildings, surrounded by the coastal pine and palm trees; with several bars and restaurants, and is within easy access of several small bay beaches. We couldn't find any souvenir shop that would reflect their culture.
WE are on the budget, so this holiday came too expensive for us; living was more expensive than it is in London. Excursions also were quite expensive. Excursion to monastery was too rushed.
Probably we wouldn't return there; we prefer to see other places where we haven't been yet.

• Travel date: Wed 6th of May 2009

Hotels near Blue Sea Club Martha's

Stayed at Blue Sea Club Martha's? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Blue Sea Club Martha's

• morak1952 by morak1952

"Knowing checkout isn't far away. "

• eveion by eveion

"lovely location, plenty to see and do... great beaches.. "

• nogoback by nogoback

"I always Email a hotel and requet my room type "

• Margaret J by Margaret J

"Getting Involved with the entertainment "

• susantony by susantony

"yates friendly staff and good food "

• Fred B by Fred B

"Try Tonys restaurant round the corner from Hotel. excellent food "

• Mark Thomson by Mark Thomson

"You will need to pay a few Euros for the kettle, TV and room safe - worth it but we barely used any of them "

• hughesss4 by hughesss4

"Beautiful town, plenty of restaurants but fairly expenses "

Blue Sea Club Martha's is also called