AluaSoul Mallorca Resort

Avenida Cala Egos s/n, 07660 Cala d'Or, Majorca Spain

Fantastic

"Stayed at this hotel in September 2006 and loved it!

The rooms were spotless and comfortable and even had Uk channels so I didnt miss X-Factor! The food was excellent, although I don't think I could have stayed All Inclusive for 2 weeks as it did get quite repetetive!

All the staff were amazing, esp the girl behind the bar who made the BEST sangria and Alberto the entertainment guy who totally made the holiday, he was so much fun!

The beach was brilliant but we didn't go in the pool as it was too cold!

We didnt venture away from the hotel much except to watch the football but there were a few bars and places to eat if you wanted something different and the bus going to Palma stops just across from the hotel.

We have already booked up to go back in June and I can't wait. Brilliant!"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of January 2007

Fantastic

"Fred & Margaret Dines & Frank & Liz Dempster Co.Down N.I.
October 2006
We stayed at Marina Corfu for one week. It was the best continental holiday we have ever had. The hotel was magnificent, the food, excellent and the dining room was most effeciently run without any fuss and the staff were so friendly and helpful. The pool area, and snack bars were also excellent and clean. We just found no fault with this hotel and the location was convenient, although we found it hard to drag ourselves away from the surroundings to do or go anywhere. The beach is very conveneint and not crowded at this time. Our rooms were adjoining as we had requested both clean and spacious and overlooking the pool and beach again making it all so much better. We will certainly be returning to this hotel and must congratulate the Manager and Staff for their running of such a large complex in such an excellent manner. Really we could talk forever and still not say enough about this hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of October 2006

marina hotels the best

"my wife and i have stayed at marina hotels all over the med and they are all first class the marinacorfu like all the others offer great family holidays with good food clean andmodern rooms adequate entertainment and superb locations .Here,s a tip short cut to cal,a,dor marina turn right out of hotel through town past shops turn left at round about then first right down hill at bottom turn left follow trail throu woodland this runs paralell with marina takes 10/15 mins a nice stroll after brecky happy hols"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of October 2006

Very Good Hotel

Good

"I will try to be as honest as possible because some people just moan for the sake of it!

Myself, my husband and 2 year old son stayed at the Marina Corfu for a week in September. I have stayed in other Marina hotels and they are of a good standard. The Corfu lived up to my expectations. It is a good 3 star hotel. All the negative comments about all the stairs are very rubbish. I didn't find the stairs a problem, even when my wee one was in his pushcahir, its no hassle to walk around the front of the hotel. You can easily avoid the stairs with a short stroll of 2 mins. The plus points are:-

The hotel is SPOTLESS. Rooms are cleaned daily to a high standard and the pool, bar and resturant are all kept to a high standard.
The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and this is across the board for Marina hotels.
The food is of a good buffet standard. There is a great choice and i can't believe anyone is more fussy that my 2 year old who certainly didn't starve.
The entertainment staff work very hard and the evening entertainment is the ususal that you find at any med hotel.

The only gripe i would have is that as the Skorpios and Corfu are sister hotels, the majority of childrens and adults daytime activities take place around the Skorpios pool so if you are at the Corfu pool you may miss out.
My 2 year old loved the pool during the day but i have to say apart from the 1/2 hour baby disco from 8.30 - 9pm there wasn't much to keep him amused in the evening. The playpark is just a couple of slides. We found a local bar that had a small corner with 2 play tents, a truck, a space hopper, hoola hoop and a few other bits and pieces and this kept him well amused. The hotel should have something similar. I never seen any childrens club but maybe my wee one would have been too young anyway.

All in all a great holiday at a good hotel. If the hotel set up a soft play corner for the tots then it would make all the difference.

Finally i do have to say i had one major worry during my stay which i pointed out to the staff several times. On the stage area at the Corfu are some kids seats and a small table. They are right next to a sliding window, that was constantly open. My son stood on one of the chairs and could easily have climbed out of the window where there was a 15 foot drop to the ground below. This really worried me so watch out if you have wee tots."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of October 2006

two for the price of one

"We have just returned from a weeks stay at the Marina Corfu, and we found the Hotel faultless! the food, the rooms, the entertaiment all excellent!the staff friendly and helpful especially the reception is worth a special mention,
there was a small problem with our transfer home, which agirl on duty sorted out, and did,nt charge for the phone calls she had to make on our behalf.
Contrary to earlier reviews, we were on an AI deal, and we found you could use the sister hotel MAR INA SKORPIOS just the same as the Marina , drinks, food etc,we actually had dinner there one time but the menu was the same, so no point really, so , in reallity, you get two for the price of one, it has only changed recently !great stuff"

• Travel date: Sat 16th of September 2006

Just loved Mallorca - great price-quality relationship

Good

"We just came back from Marina Corfù in Cala d'Or, and we are missing it already! It was such a lovely week, relax sun and fun!
I was there with my boyfriend, I have to say the Hotel is perfect for family with young children, but I can't complaint there were some young couples and lonely travellers as well.
The Hotel is a big building right in front of another big building which is the sister Hotel, and they are located right few steps from a beautiful little playa very clean and calm. It's quite small though, and someday it got packed really bad... The Hotel has 2 pools also, but they were even more packed than the beach. People were putting towels to reserve sunbeds at 08.30 am!!
Rooms are big enough, we had one with a balcony overlooking the sea and the pool. Air conditioning is working perfectly, which is rare to find. The Tv was bad, no foreign channels, at least not an italian one that we were looking for. The cleaning part is.. I don't know,can't say very bad but we had a poor dead butterfly on the floor, and she remained there for the whole week...
Food is pretty good,to be a huge buffet for sometimes 400 people it's not bad at all...
we had all-inclusive package which was very confortable.
The bad thing is the water... the drinkable water at the Restaurant was UNdrinkable, and the water to wash yourself was so smelling...impossible to brush your teeth...very very bad. And the bed for a couple is a queen one, pretty small..the pillows also were weird,long and thin like sausages!
Anyway, the week was adorable, animation staff is not too bothering, just funny and friendly, Hotel staff also very nice. The location is perfect and also Cala d'Or is a great spot, 65 km far from Palma, so no crowd and beautiful beaches (check out on Playa Mondrago...my God!!)

Definitely I will love to get back there...."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of September 2006

Perfect family holiday but evening entertainment too loud

"The hotel is in a perfect location and if you manage to get a sea view it is great. It was clean and in good condition.

The food was very good with lots of choice and a seperate kids section.

The main pool is shared with its sister hotel the Skorpios so food is not available as part of the all inclusive however drinks and ice cream are. This means you have to walk to the other pool bar to get snacks but this is no major hassle.

Even though we went in August and it was full, the hotel did not feel overcrowded. You need to reserve your sunbed by 9am or you will not get one though!

The entertainment was poor and very loud so if you have a seaview you will not be able to sleep before 11.30 p.m.

The daytime entertainment was good for adults and children and the staff very friendly.

I would definitely return as it was very good value for money."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of September 2006

Perfect for young children

Good

"Just retured from 10 days at this hotel with my wife and two children aged 4 and 18 months. Families with young children wanting a good value holiday will find this hotel ticks all the boxes. Two swimming pools, situated right on the sandy cove with shallow calm waters. This is an excellent 3 star hotel - immaculately clean with an army of helpful staff. We had an AI package - the food was better than I expected. To clarify previous comments - the Corfu pool is situated next to the main bar where there is an AI service - the Skorpios pool is down some steps and up a slope and there is no AI service- though the pool is bigger. There were also nice touches such as a microwave in the restaurant for baby bottles, a drying rack on the balcony and air con that actually worked in the room - things you would not necessarily find in a more sophisticated hotel.

So why not 5 stars - well the hotel felt very crowded, there was nowhere to lounge in doors with a book and although the beach was as good as it looks in the photos - when you're sharing it with 200 other people its a long way from paradise! Couple and families with teenage children would find the facilities lacking."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of August 2006

had a brill time

Good

"we returned from our holiday a few weeks past and we had a great family holiday my 8 year old loved the kids club we hardly saw him. there was plenty of food to choose from the desserts were brilll and they had a seperate kids section at the evening dinner the entertainment at night was ok but geared more for the kids. the hotel was spotless rooms were cleaned and tidied everyday the beach was stunning and also spotless. the only thing lacking this hotel for us was there wasnt much for our 2 year old to do apart from the pool and beach and a small slide that was in the shade but would go back again for sure"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of July 2006

great for family

Good

"great location right on the beach nice rooms on the back all have sea or pool views good food choice very nice staff short walk to the pools down some stairs good shows lots of things to keep the kids happy would stay here again. p.s the hotel is kept very clean"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of June 2006

value for money

"My husband and myself spent two great weeks at Corfu hotel .For the price we paid we could not really fault it .Breakfast you could have full English or continental.You could get snacks all day at pool bar so if you missed breakfast you could still get something to eat. Evening meal there was always a specialty at the back e.g.roast beef and Yorkshire roast pork that was delicious . There was giant prawns on a few times. There was always cheese and crackers and plenty fresh fruit .The staff in restaurant were second to none and always smiling .All the staff were great and pleasant. Staff were cleaning all the time .The fault i found was the swimming pools.They were shallow but for a small part.They were all like children's pools and full of lilos. Some sun beds need replacing.The pools are the reason we wont return because i like to swim but i would still recommend it if your not bothered about swimming.It is ideal for families."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of November 2013

the best ever

"came back 2 weeks ago with a group of girls age 18 to 55 it was the best holiday ever, good food very clean,and excellant entertainment.def booking for next year.worth every penny. will and he crew are the best they made our holiday also mathew at the bar makes the best cocktails.all the staff cannot do enough for you.take a trip to pirates worth the money.every part of the hotel setting is a beautiful picture. highley recommend this hotel to any one .good for families couples and groups. thank you to all at the skorpio hotel back next year !"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of July 2010

Hotels near AluaSoul Mallorca Resort

Stayed at AluaSoul Mallorca Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for AluaSoul Mallorca Resort

• mum gray by mum gray

"Best place for a family holiday, great value for money. "

AluaSoul Mallorca Resort is also called