Good

Hotel for kids not adults

Reviewed Tue 8th of November 2016

"This hotel caters for children and not adults meal times was noisy with badly behaved kids and parents doing little to correct them Entertainment was provided by the Thompson reps again geared for kids There were as 2 days a week that there was no room cleaning service Hotel was a high standard and staff were pleasantHotel has good location but overrun by noisy kids
Adults, please avoid."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of October 2016

Smelly Apartment

Reviewed Tue 9th of August 2016

"This had the opportunity to be a great hotel, but blew it. Our apartment (5107) was very smelly, and stunk like a dead rat. We had to wait two hours for the service, and then when they finally arrived, they fiddled with the vents, and then sprayed Frebreeze. It lasted for five minutes, and then the horrid smell was back. The next day, we complained for a THIRD time, and when we did, we got moved into another apartment. Our old apartment was being refurbished for another when we went to collect our things. We asked the maid what the smell was, and she pointed to the vent and said 'sewer'. As we arrived, we also had to pay an €18 'tourist tax' for every adult. We were not warned or aware of this. In the new room, it is nice, but the 'sofa beds' are very uncomfortable. I liked the pool, but the customer service was appalling. I wouldn't visit again."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of August 2016

Bonaire is the best!

Reviewed Wed 13th of August 2014

"Just back from a fabulous week long stay in the glorious Bonaire Apart Hotel. I am a seasoned traveler and can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed the place and shall be returning in the not too distant future...Accompanying on my travels were my two daughters aged 12 and fourteen. My sister, her husband and their daughter were staying in a hotel nearby and were jealous of me staying in the Bonaire and we have all vowed to return again in about a year or two and stay in this wonderful complex together...The location itself is second to none and the Apart hotel is spotlessly clean and effectively run. Joanne on reception is a god sent... Thompson reps are magnificent and work so tirelessly keeping the little ones amused (so much so you hardly notice kids running around at all!) Joined in aqua aerobics daily with the reps and my sister who popped in) and this was tremendous fun! Had no trouble getting sunbeds in the morning once you were down about 9am...Opted for self catering which was a perfect fit for my family and I but ate in one night and found it very good. silver haired gent (possibly the owner?manager who was serving at the til the night we had the buffet) got up from eating his own dinner in the corner to serve us!...Mostly went out to eat at the reasonably priced restaurants down in the Marina area...Stayed in one night to witness the entertainment again by the Thompson reps which was tremendous fun...Cant wait for my our return visit.....!"

• Travel date: Wed 13th of August 2014

wonderful place

Reviewed Fri 20th of July 2012

"totally gobsmaked when we arrived beautiful hotel and surrondings
attentive staff and beautiful meals we are definately going back next year to us it was paradise and we are pensioners and adult son i am disabled but the third floor room was great with easy accsess to the lifts. we have stayed in many countries but this was by far the best hotel yet. beutifully furnished and clean staff fantastic nothing to much trouble. "

• Travel date: Fri 20th of July 2012

Fantastic Family Location

Reviewed Tue 20th of September 2011

"We've just returned from a 2 week stay (late August) at the Bonaire, with 2 kids aged 10 and 6. We were self catering, which is what we always do. Don't listen to any of the negative stuff on this place - it is absolutely first class. The Thomson team on site are excellent, and there are a lot of them so you'll not be without someone if you need any help with anything. The local reception team are also very good. The apartments are as you'd expect from this type of place, and are kept regularly clean. The pools are great, and there never seemed to be a shortage of sunbeds or places to put them. The kids play areas were great, and the pirate ship splash pool is brilliant for kids of the right age. The resort of Cala Bona itself is really nice - quiet, but with no shortage of bars and restaurants for those not using the onsite all inclusive option. All of these are a short walk from the Bonaire, even a slow amble will see you amongst them all in 5 to 10 minutes. There is no beach to speak of in Cala Bona, but a short bus ride or 25 minute walk will see you in Cala Millor where the beach is good - had there been a nice sandy beach in Cala Bona that you could let your kids roam around whilst you sat and watched them from the restaurants that are right on the beach then this would have been 10/10 for me, and we'd probably go back here every year! As it stands, we don't normally go back anywhere more than once, but this place I can say with 100% certainty we will visit again. Brilliant."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of September 2011

Change the sofa beds

Reviewed Mon 12th of September 2011

"I don’t normally write reviews on places/events that I have been too, but on this occasion I felt obligated to put pen to paper
Just come back from a 1 week stay at the Bonaire in Cala Bona Majorca from the 1st September through to the 8th September with my wife and two children aged 3 and 9, we decided to go all inclusive as I two children who have a tendency to be very fussy eaters. We went to the same resort and location last year therefore I do have something to compare against.
Firstly the positive points:
1. As usual the hotel staff were polite and very friendly, always greeting you and happy to help in any way possible, we had trouble with our television and safe, both of which were repaired within a couple of hours.
2. The rooms were clean although slightly basic, but neither the less more than adequate for it purpose.
3. The food as ever was excellent, a superb range in an attempt to cater to all,

Now the negative points
1. The beds, oh the bed in the apartments are terrible, let me clarify, my children slept in the real beds while my wife and I slept on the “sofa beds”, after three days of torture we decided to put the mattresses on the floor and whilst this helped a little I have returned and aggravated a back complaint and taking pain medication and off to the doctors as soon as possible to get the problem sorted out . PLEASE THOMSON HOLIDAYS CHANCE THE BEDDING ARRNAGEMENTS or at least install newer /thicker mattresses as this problem happen to me last year as well.
2. The Thomson reps have a hard job I acknowledge that, but pushing the bingo sales every 5 minutes during the kids section of the evening entertainment is not on, your suppose to be entertaining the children, not trying to increase your proportion of the bingo profits
3.Again on the Thomson rep, have a very tough job, trying to cater to the masses, however for the people who stay there it could be there only break that year, so please show some enthusiasm during the day, get away from using the same mono tone voice god it’s so depressing. Change the daily routines it’s no wonder they are bored , why can’t they mix it up a little bit the rep’s did in the 2010 season.
In summary, a good holiday despite the two day of rain, would I go back? Good question, certainly consider it, if the beds were different and the daily entertainment were tweaked a little

• Travel date: Sat 10th of September 2011

Highly Recommended

Reviewed Wed 17th of August 2011

"Just returned from the Bonaire and found it to be one of the best family hotels I've been to. There was something for everybody. Great play areas and mini water park for small children and plenty of activities and sports for teens and adults.

Whilst the pool area is busy, there are plenty of sunbeds for all, and if like us you want to get away from the noise at times, there are sunbeds in the extensive well maintained grounds.

We went self catering this year for the first time. Whilst the apartment was very spacious and well equipped to cook virtually any meal you could think of, due to the wonderful resort with numerous restaurants we ate out every night. All restaurants in Cala Bona and Cala Millor (ten minute walk away) were superb, great food and reasonable prices.

Didn't go into the restaurant at the hotel, but from outside it looked spacious and clean. Wouldn't be too keen if I was on an all inclusive package if the food on display at lunchtime was anything to go by. Bland sausages, burgers, breaded things, chips etc left uncovered from 12pm-3pm and rarely changed because very few people seemed to be all inclusive. The kids drinks on this option were coloured, liquid sugar. The beer and wine which we bought once or twice from the bar were fine.

If I had to be really picky to balance an otherwise faultless holiday, the aircon was not particularly effective. This may have been just our room not throughout the hotel and it did not spoil the holiday. "

• Travel date: Wed 10th of August 2011

Just returned from our second visit .....

Reviewed Tue 7th of June 2011

"We've just returned from our second visit to the Bonaire, myself husband and four year old daughter. Our first visit was last year May 2011 and had a fantastic holiday. This time the food was still good the hotel lovely and clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. The splash pool is excellent for little ones but the water can be a bit cold early season but that is to be expected. We thought the entertainment was very good but it started later than last year. Starting at 8.30pm an hour later. My little girl was not impressed with the new Thomson The Dog now being called 'TTD' aiming him more for the older children. The only complaint we do have is we feel let down by Thomson Holidays due to them changing our flight four weeks before our holiday meaning we lost a day of our holiday and sticking us on Czech flight which was also delayed 2 hours. When we complained to Thomson we where told it was within their policy of twelve hours so basically like it or lump it. Sorry for the rant but feel I should let people know how Thomson Family Holidays look after their families."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of June 2011

Ideal for families with small children

Reviewed Tue 17th of May 2011

"We travelled to the Bonaire Aparthotel Jun/Jul 10 and have been meaning to write a review since that time. However now that we are going back this June I thought I would let others who might be thinking of this accommodation hear our views. We travelled with our 2 year old daughter and 10 month old twin boys, from start to finish we all had a brilliant time. We had requested a ground floor apartment which we were allocated as we had a double buggy as well as a single. Within the complex where there are steps there are also ramps so you can get your children around easily. The soft play area and the small splash pool (no more than 20 cm deep and approx 1.5 metre radius) were both ideal for the boys but they also loved the much larger splash pool with all the activities in it. All three of our children were able to sit on the edge and play in the water. We also made use of the small swimming pool as well as taking them in the large swimming pool in their floats. We used the small playground everyday as well as the sandpit. We didn't use the crehe facilities or the childrens clubs - but we are planning to this year. We used the lauderette a number of times throughout our two week stay and this was reasonably priced.

The apartment was on the smaller side although we are a family of five so it was always going to be a bit more cosy but this did not negatively impact upon our holiday at all. The facilities within the apartment were fine and just what you needed, the blender came in very handy to make baby mush. I couldn't fault the staff, both the hotel staff and tour operator staff who all went out of their way to provide any assistance you may need.

The resort of Cala Bona itself is also relatively flat so you can push buggies with ease. We also liked the fact that in the main this was a resort frequented by families and older couples. If you are like us and want to eat English food there were a number of reasonable quality cafe/restaurants - we used Smithys rather a lot as they provided activities for our daughter at the table whilst waiting for our meal.

All in all this was a fantastic holiday and we are very much looking forward to our return trip this year.

• Travel date: Mon 16th of May 2011

brilliant

Reviewed Wed 13th of October 2010

"first time at this aparthotel but it will not be the last,place was spotless and all the staff very friendly,this place is a must for anyone with children.the entertainment was excellent and the pool area very clean and tidy.but the big plus was the fact that their was no stag or hen parties to spoil other peoples enjoyment.we went self catering so could not comment on the food but there were plenty of good places to eat in cala bona.this is the first hotel we have been to where we have decided to come back next year.
our holiday was in october so we had a bit of rain but most of the time the weather was very good.the only small grumble we had is the beds were very hard.but thanks to everyone at the bonaire we had a wonderfull holiday.two golden oldies."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of October 2010

Best ever!!!

Reviewed Fri 8th of October 2010

"I loved this holiday, don't listen to any bad reviews. It has been my favourite holiday so far , and i have been to lots of holidays. Food is great , staff are very friendly, Great for familys. Loads to to, lovely resturants, book it now!"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of October 2010

Fantastic Family Hotel

Reviewed Fri 13th of August 2010

"This is a fantastic family hotel. We've just returned after our 4th visit in 3 years and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves again.

The reception staff are all friendly and very helpful. The bar staff are friendly and hard working. Everyone makes you very welcome. The hotel, terraces, gardens and pool areas are all spotless and well kept.

There is entertainment during the day and night with something for all ages.

We were self catering therefore only ate at the pool bar now and again. Food was good with large portions.

Just hope that Bonaire maintains the self-catering option now that the all-inclusive option has been introduced."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of August 2010

Hotels near Protur Bonaire Aparthotel

Top traveller tips for Protur Bonaire Aparthotel

• fisherfury by fisherfury

"Cala Bona was brilliant - wouldn't hesitate to go back. "

• becbop86 by becbop86

"Lovely hotel, friendly staff - relaxing holiday! "

• JILLZ by JILLZ

"First Class Hotel. Fantastic "

• PUSB by PUSB

"Make sure you visit Cala Bona and Cala Millor in the day and at night, great resorts. "

• seano12uk by seano12uk

"Phone hotel directly if you want a quiet room "

• Ali_B by Ali_B

"Go self catering and enjoy the restaurants in Cala Bona "

• Pietruska by Pietruska

"i would say this was a great place for parents and children also pensioners like myself "

• Jacky H by Jacky H

"Bigger kitchen area, bit cramped "

Protur Bonaire Aparthotel is also called