Wonderful Holiday.

Reviewed Tue 17th of July 2018

"This was our second time at Sur Hotel in June. Christina went out of her way to give us the room we asked for on the first floor. After I explained my husbands medical condition they were all wonderful. Lovely staff clean rooms and good food. Entertainment snacks and great customer service. No complaints whatsoever. In fact we go back in October. We were made more than welcome and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. Yes it was hot and we had no air con but that was our choice. For what it costs if you want aircon pay for it. This is why the price is so great cos there are no frills. BUT service and food are brilliant."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of June 2018

help?!?!?!!?

Reviewed Tue 8th of July 2014

"Can somebody help me please, I am traveling on Sunday to stay at this hotel but my daughters passport has still not arrived and its in Belfast we are being told different things by different people and its not fair! can anyone recommend what we can do please its my last holiday with my daughter please help...thank you in advance."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of July 2014

Excellent Value

Reviewed Mon 24th of October 2011

"Sur Hotel in Cala Bona is a fantastic budget hotel. Run by a very friendly efficient family, this hotel is in a great position. Just a short few yards from the beach and near all hotels and shops. Very clean and towels changed every day.Good food. We will definitely be going back. "

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of October 2011

Great!!!

Reviewed Thu 19th of August 2010

"Me and my two children age 13 and 9 stayed at Sur for 2weeks.
Since its classified as 1 star we were very surprised when we arrived.
The hotel was great - our room was cleaned and tidy. The maid cleaned the room 6 days a week. We lived on4th floor great view over the sea.

Breakfast was fab - buffet where you could chose form hot/cold food.

The hotel is family run....great people:) if a problem they will fix it straight away. Very friendly staff.

Pool table - children/adult pool, tv lounge, tennis.
The hotel also have a bar, where you can watch football or listen to live bands/artist.
Short walking distance to the beach and to Cala Millor.
Great location.

We will deffo go back to visit:)

• Travel date: Thu 19th of August 2010

For a 1 star this hotel is excellent better than some 4 star hotels

Reviewed Fri 15th of October 2010

"We stayed that this hotel from 17-24 June 2010 half board - on arrival we were shown a warm welcome - room was small very clean and bathroom small clean. Pool clean and a sun trap Lift worked - This hotel has new owners and please dont be put off by previous bad comments before May 2010..Food was really good they give you 4 choices which you can mix & match. beds were fully changed every day. The family who run it could not do enough for us, on our final morning we had to be out by 6am and they got up specially to do us some breakfast and we were able to make a sandwich each to take with us, our friends came to see us off and they even made coffe for them. We would highly recommend this hotel and you could not get nicer people. Would go back again ***** "

• Travel date: Wed 7th of July 2010

enjoyable holiday

Reviewed Tue 12th of May 2009

"we found hotel and staff very friendly ,rooms very clean the towels were changed every day,we were half board only ate in hotel once as the resort was reasonably priced as we run a hotel we know what to expect from hotel standards(you get what you pay for)we will return with the family"

• Travel date: Tue 12th of May 2009

Fawlty Towers!!!! Inc Basil & Manuel

Reviewed Wed 15th of April 2009

"This is a bit of a mixed review!!! Booked this online 4 weeks before we went for a 5 day break!! Arrived and minute you walk in your thinking "What the hell have i done?" It is a 1 star hotel not a 2 star as advertised. Room is very basic and unlucky for us the weather was not great. Room was clean but on the first night we had no sheets, 1 towel, NO hot water, there is no heating or air con in the rooms so it was FREEZIN. No extra blankets in the room either oh and no pillow cases on the pillows. We went HB and on the first night they had pretty much run out of food so we had to eat out. Saw the Owner/Manager (AKA Basil Fawlty)when we got back and i complained to him (funny how they only speak english when they want too..???) Complained about all the above and he tried to blame everyone but himself for the problems. Told him to get it sorted the next day or we were off!! Even at a one star hotel some things are essential like the hot water!!!! Anyway, went out the next day and returned about 5pm and when we spoke to one of the receptionist (AKA Manuel) he told us it had all been sorted!! Went to the room and he was quite right, hot water, sheets, towels and OMG pillowcases and even an extra pillow!!!! Sorted!!!! The meals are edible but you have to be down there early to get in as limited space and limited crockery etc...... Somedays you did struggle to wonder what suprises were lurking on the hotplates and there is certainly not much choice. Breakfast is an even more crazy line up!!! This year there is a English (cockney) chap who also works the reception and if you need anything this guy is a diamond to get it sorted for you (Marcus). The town of Cala Bona is a great place and the restaurants there are fab. If you are looking for a cheap break and are not bothered about luxury then sure stay here, i think when you first walk in its rather a culture shock, upto you if you stay or not. Alot of people did walk out and seek alternative accomodation up the road. This is a hotel where you have to fight for what you want so make yourself heard if you not getting what you need, they soon listen!!! People we met there tho were great and we often had late night chats over a few beers and laughed about our Fawlty Towers experience which made it all the easier. I took my mum away for her birthday and she said that really i took her on a survival holiday for a laugh hahahaha Oh by the way the pool may look bigger than actually appears ( kiddies pool is more exact) "

• Travel date: Tue 14th of April 2009

sur hotel

Reviewed Mon 13th of October 2008

"got back this morning after an enjoyable holiday in cala bona, my friend and i stayed at the sur hotel it lacks a womans touch nice pool with new sunbeds and unlike previous reviews has hot water but extreemly outdated bathroom however our room was cleaned everyday and we also had clean towels each day, the food was basic only salads and one hot meal plus chips and pas staffordshireta however i really enjoyed the fresh salads the deserts were poor no choice. however the staff were excellent really friendly and hard working especially the bar staff. this could be a brilliant hotel with a little money spent on updating it to a three star i would love the challenge as its in an excellent position. young pensioners staffordshire."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of October 2008

Dont know why this hotel is classed as 1...

Reviewed Wed 6th of August 2008

"Dont know why this hotel is classed as 1 star! Should be at least a 2 star or 2 plus.

The staff really do do their best to make the holiday enjoyable, and it has a family feeling about it.

I actually stayed there last year, and really dont know if it is now under different management, but there seemed to be a lot of improvements made this year. The pool area is beautiful. Plenty of new sun loungers around, and new parasols, tables and chairs. Last year was not so nice!

The place is very clean...

I love the hotel bar. Live entertainment every night, with great music. Tends to be rock music. (Things played like Dire Straights, Brian Adams, Bon Jovi etc.) New Robbie Williams act this year which was really entertaining.

If you want a quiet, relaxing holiday, with early nights.... this is not recommended.
If you want a fun holiday, where you are made to feel really welcome, and know that the beds/rooms/are clean... then I would highly recommend this place.

Thanks for a great holiday. I met many new friends....

• Travel date: Wed 6th of August 2008

First time I travelled alone. Made to fe...

Reviewed Sun 1st of June 2008

"First time I travelled alone. Made to feel very welcome and at home here. Everyone was most friendly... not just the hotel staff, but other customers in the bar too. Really enjoyed the live music at night. My tip is to try the cocktails!
The room itself was very basic, but was cleaned daily, had a balcony, and was en-suite. What more can you expect? Dont forget, this is only a 1-star hotel. I cannot understand why other people have complained when paying these low prices! The meals were in buffet form, and you can eat as much as you want! Nice food too. The cook is funny (if you can understand him!), and has a strange sence of humour!
I also read the reveiws first before I went, and was a bit worried... especially about the pool area. They must have changed things since last year, because everything looks new out there.
I would recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of June 2008

I just want to say thank you to the lady...

Reviewed Wed 28th of May 2008

"I just want to say thank you to the lady that wrote a nice review about Sur.
We're (me partner and 3 teenage girls!!) in July this year and I've been dreading it cos I know if it's crap I'll be in for it!

I'm not expecting the Ritz, so if what you've said still stands we'll be ok

Thanks again and wish me luck!!"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of May 2008

What would you expect from a 1 star hote...

Reviewed Wed 28th of May 2008

"What would you expect from a 1 star hotel? I am sure would would be pleasently surprised here. Great value for money! I stayed in Hotel Sur for 1 week in May 2008, and had a most enjoyable time. The rooms were cleaned daily, and the staff were very friendly. Spent half the time lazing by the pool becasue the weather was superb. great bar with live music downstairs.
I would highly recommend this hotel for an enjoyable budget holiday. No complaints whatsoever."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of May 2008

Hotels near Hotel Sur

Top traveller tips for Hotel Sur

• Sassytreen by Sassytreen

"Lovely small town, cateres for families, clean, great restaurants and bars "

• Sassytreen by Sassytreen

"Restaurants - Melis, Smithy "

• A Smith by A Smith

"very quiet in early season ,still very reasonably priced "

• A Smith by A Smith

"rope and anchor by the harbour "

• Bobbles by Bobbles

"Nearby Levante hotel has some great shows "

• Bry/Kathy/happy/hols by Bry/Kathy/happy/hols

"Ideal for older people very friendly, not good for anyone wanting a club scene "

Hotel Sur is also called